Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    Agreed. If this stuff is real, Blizzard have really missed the mark regarding what the playerbase actually wants (again lol).
    Old World revamp has always been a background buzz, but it's something that only really became widespread in Dragonflight.

It's hard to hit a mark that showed up years after work on the expansion already started.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    I'm still confused on how Harpies are in Avaloren

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know if this was posted, but someone said that on one of the last patches on PTR the area of Tirisfal Glades were just detached from the rest of the continent, which reminds of BfA Test zones, that had some erros happening on that zone and on Western Plaguelands, strange lines cut on the zones (Could be that if it's indeed a World Revamp, they are working on it for quite sometime)

Same way Tuskarr and Centaur were on the Isles, I guess. shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Also: wayyyyyy too many new races.

Eh, revamp would still need new zones.
    In these screenshots, or what are you referring to? Also, regarding your earlier comment about a revamp needing new zones, I whole heartedly agree, but didn't someone in Blizzard state that was an issue with Cataclysm? Causing the players to kinda hop around areas often?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebron View Post
    Well, we can only assume that all four zones come from the trailer video. The first one seems to be undeniable due to the appearance of the text (mid-animation), but the rest? It's safe to accept that the same person that had access to this trailer video could very well have also access to other media assets and the 3 other images are stand-alone ones, meaning, not part of the video, right? Especially that the dwarf and dino just standing there in the picture feel a little bit... odd.
    If it's screenshots of the trailer, why not pick the exciting ones showing off new architecture and iconic locations?

Imagine if someone leaked the DF zones, but all we saw were the Blizzard bear on a bit of snow, a tuskarr in front of a normal tree, and Merithra in one of the areas of Ohn'ahran plains that looked suspiciously like Val'sharah.
    Why wouldnt said person take a picture of the Bronze temple, Valdrakken, an aerial shot of the Waking Shores, or the giant eagle statue looming over Maruukai.

It's just a weird choice all around when the pictures seem to be high enough quality to could be taken from a legitimate source, and not hastily taken a picture off while trying not to be caught.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Yeah this. If anything I'm on more on board with the Aerie Peak Eagle being matched up because it aligns with the leak stating it was a Lordaeron and North Revamp with boats and the new continent. That's ALOT of fun stuff at once. That builds hype.

If this is fake this is really convincing.
    I have suspected Khaz Algar is just an excuse for the devs to make HD Dwarf assets that would be reused for revamped EK/Kalimdor. So even if the revamp isn't in 11.0, if this leak is real then the updated eagle statue is just something that will later be used in a revamp.

Which zone from the leak is y'alls favorite?

Personally I like that badlands looking zone. Would be cool if it has a wild west theme to it.

Assuming this is true of course

Right before the eggs come out of their 'conceiver', they lay on the floor at the correct angle. Then they shoot the eggs across the sea towards Avaloren.
    Sorry, but some imagination please.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

This is a work of art.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we are going to somehow learn that this storm was created by the titans and maybe way back when Avalon was attached to kalimdor?

You know did the legion also ever invade Avalon? Or do the storms cover Avalon?

One of my all-time criticisms of Blizzard's design. Give us new, unique creatures and denizens. Yes, it will require a new rig. Ok? Anything that screams BRAND NEW UNDISCOVERED LAND, not "You know this game's all about reskins, right?"

Same with cave layouts, etc. Does it make sense that this new, untouched, heretofore unseen realm has roads, roadsigns, and ever-lit torches on every path? Many small design things in the aggregate. I get it, it's easier to reskin/color stuff.
    Google doc with all plate mogs complete with import codes! PLATE TRANSMOG-O-RAMA

Ok, so real talk.

I'd be fine either that if they were like... crane and goose themed harpies, but also it's starting to also strike me as odd (in general) that I can't think of an instance of someone making a duck harpy, or a flamingo harpy

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post

Oh I don't disagree haha - was using that as a conveniently timed point about expectations based on an image. A zone probably has more room for variance than a race :P
    I agree. But generally speaking it is considered counterproductive to put your most boring shots in the reveal trailer. You need the money shot. BfA was very good at this both in the feature trailer and the CGI cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by flan1337 View Post
    I think we are going to somehow learn that this storm was created by the titans and maybe way back when Avalon was attached to kalimdor?

You know did the legion also ever invade Avalon? Or do the storms cover Avalon?
    In theory, Avaloren was never attached to Kalimdor

7+ Year Old Account

There could be many explanation:
    They are not the same, but share a common ancestor(Like in IRL where some animals are simillar in diferent continents because they share a common ancestor)
    They could be luck ones that traveled there and survived the sea storms.
    They could've been there because of the failed expedition to there took them there for some unknow reason,
    I could go on, but i think you got it.
    Last edited by Dragon ANX; 2023-10-26 at 02:44 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I hope not. That was the mistake Cataclysm made. A world revamp should utilize the revamped zones.
    I mean, it could do both. Yes, it was a mistake to only use the revamped zones for leveling. And only for new characters. But having new zones in a revamp isn't inherently bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Does it matter?
    Blizzard can create any lore they want to justify Harpie involvement.

Maybe they have always been there.
    Maybe they migrated over before Avaloren was isolated.
    Maybe they managed to fly over/teleport over with the help of whatever mcguffin Blizzard wants to use.

Just this expansion we got introduced to an ancient centaur tribe that predates our known centaur.
    Not much different to them.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Don't see why the direhorn makes it real honestly. It's a new model, but it's also much easier to fake one when you can both copy the style of an available model, and you don't have to animate more than a still frame.
    Yeah sure, but every other model in the leak is unique. The direhorn is ripped straight from the game from a baby model and made older.

So either the leak is real or the leaker is playing 4D chess and planned it out perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    Yeah sure, but every other model in the leak is unique. The direhorn is ripped straight from the game from a baby model and made older.

So either the leak is real or the leaker is playing 4D chess and planned it out perfectly.
    For some artists it's not so hard to work around a screenshot or model and give it a sense of 3D assets.

There's dwarves who never met with EK dwarves and still develop similar culture in kaz algar.

I'm sure they can spin it somehow