1. #36381
    Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2021
    Location
    In Managed Decline
    Posts
    1,214
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If your game's big 20th anniversary was in November 2024, why wouldn't you release it then? Even if you had to make a filler raid tier, you would.
    I mean the assumption would be they moved up to 18 month cycles (May) for this one and then squeeze out the remaining 6 months for 12.0.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

    Nihil.


  2. #36382
    100 pages to go this is gonna be easy
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    But if they read the terrain like I do instead of going off of personal desires then they'd understand and wouldn't get their jimmies rustled. Again, I have no intention of maining a tinker, I just know with 100% certainty that they're wow's next playable class. It's so God damn obvious all things considered.

    If that triggers people then oh well.

  3. #36383
    Stood in the Fire Northelim's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    481
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    No... the problem is the almost complete lack of anything that could be considered wholly original (even the Dwarf is derivative of something that already exists) that's what giving people pause.

    It looks great, very much WoW, but because it's using pieces that already exist in the game, nothing entirely new.

    So it's either a real leak that for some reason doesn't show anything really *new*, or a very well made fake that uses already existing in game assets for the verisimilitude.
    And the Allied races do not look like original reskinned races? Look at the Draenie vs Lightforged Draenie or the Dwarf vs Dark Iron Dwarves. What are you on about dude? That has been the case since forever.

    I think the shots look great and each zone is contrasting well. I believe its just "doom and gloom" because people are trying to cope because its not what they wished for or wanted.

  4. #36384
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I'm not trying to say it's fake because of reused assets, just pointing out that it's a bit unusual for Blizzard to carry this many "old" assets forward into a new expansion. I'm no expert on this obviously (that would be @Marlamin), but when I look at the game files on something like WoW.tools, it looks like they've always made dozens of new assets for a new expansion. Even for things like trees and plants, which they could easily "get away" with reusing.
    They made a huge amount of new assets for Dragonflight (like 200 trees alone...), yeah, but at the same time have also started reusing things from previous expansions if they still look good enough and not out of place. If there's a reason to make new assets they will, but if the zones look similar to DF ones I can see them mostly reusing assets just fine.

    There's also the whole thing where, since it's still the reveal, final assets might not be in place yet, even DF's reveal had a bunch of unfinished assets.

    All in all nothing that really concludes anything either way.

  5. #36385
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Not every source, as in-game we’ve seen the entrance to Undermine on Kezan. And other goblin starting zone stuff.



    Still haven’t even seen the whole statue, only one side of it that’s mostly obstructed.



    Not really. As mentioned before, the first screenshot you mentioned doesn’t look really much like Azure Span. I just don’t see any VALID comparisons. Unless “oh no both zones have orange rocks!!” Means they’re both waking shore.

    At most it reminds me of Kul Tiras in a way but I can’t put my finger on it.
    I mean, it looks like Azure Span because they both have pine trees. A zone simply can't have pine trees. Nvm that it's foggy, far rockier terrain, but.. the pine trees are just too much. Next you are going to tell him that Azure Span was inspired by the least pine-tree filled Zone in all of WoW, Grizzly Hills. Azure Span at least was so original and new, like nothing we've ever seen.

  6. #36386
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I was being somewhat facetious as I feel like Blizzard tends to use harpies as more of a random hostile mob type for the players to kill rather than a species that actually has some nuance and cultural differences across groups. I would love for them to expand more on harpies and make them into something more than a bunch of half-bird half-something creatures that screech and shoot lightning at you.
    Okay, gotcha. And yes, it would be nice if they had actual depth.

  7. #36387
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    They made a huge amount of new assets for Dragonflight (like 200 trees alone...), yeah, but at the same time have also started reusing things from previous expansions if they still look good enough and not out of place. If there's a reason to make new assets they will, but if the zones look similar to DF ones I can see them mostly reusing assets just fine.

    There's also the whole thing where, since it's still the reveal, final assets might not be in place yet, even DF's reveal had a bunch of unfinished assets.

    All in all nothing that really concludes anything either way.
    I remember when they played the Mists of Pandaria Feature Trailer at Blizzcon and the Pandaren Silos in the background were so unfinished, they were just white textures and that STILL passed for Trailer Shots.

  8. #36388
    *******1100 more pages and FoS*********

  9. #36389
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansi View Post
    Did they present Dragon Isles, Kul Tiras and Pandaria as “continents”?

    I’d call Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimor continents. I wouldn’t call Dragon Isles a continent.

    Imagine Avaloren being the size of Kalimdor.
    "Continent" is completely arbitrary and just means "new expansion place".
    In their announcemenets the generally use whatever language they want, depending on whatever marketing they are going for.

    Kul Tiras and Zand were called continents, as was Pandaria and the Broken isles.

    Draenor they refered to as "New World" , for Shadowlands they just used the phrase "Explore the Afterlives" and for DF "Explore The Dragon Isles"

    Last edited by Raetary; 2023-10-26 at 03:52 PM.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  10. #36390
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    This is the only part that's throwing me off the 10.3 theory. Seems strange to advertise a new continent in a patch reveal trailer.
    Yeah. Continents are expansion things.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    This is so fake and ugly that whoever made it should feel ashamed.
    I like the stock bevel and emboss photoshop effect on the Storms of Avaloren text.

  11. #36391
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,773
    If world revamp is true, they won't create tons of new assets for "Avaloren" AND for Azeroth.

  12. #36392
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Not every source, as in-game we’ve seen the entrance to Undermine on Kezan. And other goblin starting zone stuff.



    Still haven’t even seen the whole statue, only one side of it that’s mostly obstructed.



    Not really. As mentioned before, the first screenshot you mentioned doesn’t look really much like Azure Span. I just don’t see any VALID comparisons. Unless “oh no both zones have orange rocks!!” Means they’re both waking shore.

    At most it reminds me of Kul Tiras in a way but I can’t put my finger on it.
    On a more serious note, I think if anything here is going to fit the bill of "Underground" from what people were on about earlier, the First Screenshot would be it. That gives me the vibes. That and the snow zone. Both of those have topography that could lend itself to be partially above-ground and then for example heavy underground/cave stuff in the mountains in the back of the first one.

  13. #36393
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    I remember when they played the Mists of Pandaria Feature Trailer at Blizzcon and the Pandaren Silos in the background were so unfinished, they were just white textures and that STILL passed for Trailer Shots.
    That happened in DF too, various Tuskarr and Centaur models were just untextured or a solid color, it's not a super big deal to them (nor should it be, really).

  14. #36394
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I mean the assumption would be they moved up to 18 month cycles (May) for this one and then squeeze out the remaining 6 months for 12.0.
    Charging people for a 6 month long expansion will be received by the playerbase worse than Diablo Immortal's announcement.

  15. #36395
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    I mean, leakers don't really get to pick and choose what to leak, they can only leak what they have access to. If these zone photos are real it's not like a leaker would go, "Better not leak these, they're not sufficiently interesting". If boring zone photos is what Blizzard provides then that's all they can leak.
    That is where these images being high quality comes into play. It gives the impression that they were found in a more curated collection, in which case this is a poor one for Blizzard to make.

    As I said a couple of pages back. These could be part of a press kit of images to be used when making articles. However, if that is the case then it's monumentally bad luck to get the four images that reveal the least amount of info.

    Imagine if this was DF, and none of the pictures showed a new dragon. None showed Waking Shore. None showed Valdrakken. None showed Tyrhold. Or really any other interesting feature. Instead all we got were stuff like Tuskarr in front of a tree, or one of the new eagles on top of a rock.

    Imagine what horrendous luck it would be to only get the press kit pictures that don't show off any of the exciting locations that presumably exist in Avaloren, like Khaz Algar, or the crater where the world tree was.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  16. #36396
    Epic! Pheraz's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Feralas, Mount Hyal, Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    Okay, this is a sign. You need to take your hopium-d and copium-c, you are slipping into dangerous territory.
    XD hahaha

    I'm almost serious!
    World of dworfcraft is the anti hype for me

    I'm sure the photoshop talent that made this masterpiece will show up soon
    /hopiummode

    I wonder... Why this specific number of four screenshots were taken if this is a real leak from a video. Also why so low res
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

  17. #36397
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    @Demonly and I did some snooping around and found that the tree used in one of the screenshots already exists as an asset in-game.



    It's called 10can_tree_burnt_b01_off.m2 and it's found in the Waking Shores.





    My question is, has Blizzard reused this many assets in the past when going into what's supposed to be a brand new expansion?

    Combining this finding with @Marlamin's earlier analysis, it seems like there's an unusually high amount of assets from Dragonflight. It almost makes it seem like Avaloren (if real) should be 10.3, not 11.0.
    They've reused a lot of assets in the past to the point that when they've reworked some of them, the assets in the old zones were also updated aswell (like coffins).

    But some details just makes me think that this a true leak, like the harpy channeling behind the tree you've shown. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 11.0 if the Storm of Avaloren leak is true as they're probably going to revamp some zones (Gilneas and Silvermoon).

  18. #36398
    High Overlord Ansi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Argent Dawn EU
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    "Continent" is completely arbitrary and just means "new expansion place".
    In their announcemenets the generally use whatever language they want, depending on whatever marketing they are going for.

    Kul Tiras and Zand were called continents, as was Pandaria and the Broken isles.

    Draenor they refered to as "New World" , for Shadowlands they just used the phrase "Explore the Afterlives" and for DF "Explore The Dragon Isles"

    https://imgur.com/a/xfeYPiM
    Thats hard proof, I stand corrected. And disappointed.

  19. #36399
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    On a more serious note, I think if anything here is going to fit the bill of "Underground" from what people were on about earlier, the First Screenshot would be it. That gives me the vibes. That and the snow zone. Both of those have topography that could lend itself to be partially above-ground and then for example heavy underground/cave stuff in the mountains in the back of the first one.
    I think that the main city (Khaz Algar probably) will be mostly underground in some way. Be it like Ironforge, or maybe a more vertical city in whatever chasm/fissure is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  20. #36400
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    If the leak is real, I bet 10 trader's tendies that the harpies are equivalent to the Ohn'ahran centaur. Race that was previously almost entirely hostile getting a friendlier, more soft variation for a faction.
    And the Agg'orand dudes, the Dwarf-Ogres and their warring factions are literally just the Nokhud split into multiple tribes. You ally with the Harpies, maybe on Tribe of Aggo'dudes and then the others are the zone antagonists.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    XD hahaha

    I'm almost serious!
    World of dworfcraft is the anti hype for me

    I'm sure the photoshop talent that made this masterpiece will show up soon
    /hopiummode

    I wonder... Why this specific number of four screenshots were taken if this is a real leak from a video. Also why so low res
    To quote Rathwell's wisdom from literally the top of this page were are currently on (1900).
    I mean, leakers don't really get to pick and choose what to leak, they can only leak what they have access to. If these zone photos are real it's not like a leaker would go, "Better not leak these, they're not sufficiently interesting". If boring zone photos is what Blizzard provides then that's all they can leak.
    - Rathwell, being very blatantly logical in a hopium and copium Den.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •