The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    wait remember that stone-ogre looking race from that other past leak?

Yep, this and the other screens are the real leaks for me, look way too on point to be fake.

It can be fake for sure, but it reminds of dragonflight leak, we had the pics and everyone was saying it was fake even bringing ''proof" with photoshop shenanigans, or saying the style of the stone dude wasn't warcraft-ish. This look like the same case.

Plus those are in line with the other leak that said shaman to all races and a new spec for DH
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2023-10-26 at 03:58 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    I mean, leakers don't really get to pick and choose what to leak, they can only leak what they have access to. If these zone photos are real it's not like a leaker would go, "Better not leak these, they're not sufficiently interesting". If boring zone photos is what Blizzard provides then that's all they can leak.
    While I kinda see your point, though I have to point out that the first pic paints these pictures as stills from the feature trailer. Somebody has seen it and made screenshots. Not pictures with a phone, but genuine screenshots on the device they were watching the trailer on.
    Let us operate on the assumption that this is legit.
    The leaker and the one taking the screenshots might not necessarily be the same person. But the one making the shots clearly had a lot of free time and full access to the computer with the trailar on it.
    Yet this is what they decided to share?

Blizzard is probably feeling sad right now. They haven’t announced their expansion yet and they’ve already crap it. It's like if your mom showed your photo to a girl you like and she said he's ugly. You haven't met yet and she's already rejected you

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    But even the Avaloren leak says "new continent".

I don't think they've ever used "continent" for any patch trailer.
    Argus was a whole new planet

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I think that the main city (Khaz Algar probably) will be mostly underground in some way. Be it like Ironforge, or maybe a more vertical city in whatever chasm/fissure is there?
    The thing is, I'm not sure which one Khaz Algar would be here. The Rocky, rainy, greyish Mountain Pine forest zone on Screen one? We don't see dwarf shit on there, at least from the Screenshot's angle and context. But it does seem to be more like a Tol Barad-ish area, probably coastal. You land there, you are greeted by a veil of sharp mountainous terrain with a constant overhang of dark rain clouds, pretty, colorful vegetation in the midst of a darker, grey-ish Pine Forest.

But on immediate reaction, the second Screenshot just looks like .. "it".

This lantern thing from the image with the harpies also an asset from Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    While I kinda see your point, though I have to point out that the first pic paints these pictures as stills from the feature trailer. Somebody has seen it and made screenshots. Not pictures with a phone, but genuine screenshots on the device they were watching the trailer on.
    Let us operate on the assumption that this is legit.
    The leaker and the one taking the screenshots might not necessarily be the same person. But the one making the shots clearly had a lot of free time and full access to the computer with the trailar on it.
    Yet this is what they decided to share?
    For all we know this is like the only 4-5 second window of the trailer that doesn't have a watermark all over it

Blizzard, re-use assets? Never!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    If world revamp is true, they won't create tons of new assets for "Avaloren" AND for Azeroth.
    The ones for Azeroth have been datamined before, but never used on game, so it could be

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Charging people for a 6 month long expansion will be received by the playerbase worse than Diablo Immortal's announcement.
    Don't you guys have wallets?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Yep, this and the other screens are the real leaks for me, look way too on point to be fake.

It can be fake for sure, but it reminds of dragonflight leak, we had the pics and everyone was saying it was fake even bringing ''proof" with photoshop shenanigans, or saying the style of the stone dude wasn't warcraft-ish. This look like the same case
    I get your point and you're 100% right this is exactly how the DF leaks went down. But realistically, what does this actually prove other than the fact the same person is behind both leaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What would this climax be though. Tyr?
    Iridikron and his schemes
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    And the Allied races do not look like original reskinned races? Look at the Draenie vs Lightforged Draenie or the Dwarf vs Dark Iron Dwarves. What are you on about dude? That has been the case since forever.

I think the shots look great and each zone is contrasting well. I believe its just "doom and gloom" because people are trying to cope because its not what they wished for or wanted.
    Read again. The issue is not the reused assets, but the lack of *anything* that would be considered original. Let's go back to the Dracthyr leaks and how unlike *anything* in WoW they looked, yet in a WoW setting. That's what made them so believable (and made so much people go into denial, lol)

Personally I *like* what the screenshots are showing, I would like to go there, it looks nice! I'm just explaining why some people get the feeling these might be fake.

Sure they could be real, I'm just giving the reasons why they are giving people pause.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    LoL! Fake as hell.

Also that name is terrible.
    I mean we've had mists of pandaria, which is also <weather occurance> of <continent>
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Gonna be amusing in a bit when these images prove to be real.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Charging people for a 6 month long expansion will be received by the playerbase worse than Diablo Immortal's announcement.
    Guess I should've said 1 year (12 Months) for 12.0 seems likely to be the move if we are going for a May launch next year for 11.0.

I still find it fascinating the setup Blizzard has done if this is how it actually goes though lol. Completely different vibe than what is presented through PR/Marketing.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Don't you guys have wallets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    They made a huge amount of new assets for Dragonflight (like 200 trees alone...), yeah, but at the same time have also started reusing things from previous expansions if they still look good enough and not out of place. If there's a reason to make new assets they will, but if the zones look similar to DF ones I can see them mostly reusing assets just fine.

There's also the whole thing where, since it's still the reveal, final assets might not be in place yet, even DF's reveal had a bunch of unfinished assets.

All in all nothing that really concludes anything either way.
    That's interesting. If they made that many new assets for Dragonflight, maybe they were always planning to reuse them going forward.

Good to get your take on this, and sorry for tagging you like a billion times.

World revamp truthers aside, I'm a bit confused about what exactly people want from a new expansion zone wise. Whenever an extremely out of the box zone comes along, I always see people talk about how it doesn't FEEL like warcraft or it doesn't FEEL like azeroth. The leaked screenshots definitely feel terrestrial, and very plausible/in-line with azeroths aesthetic, but most people feel it's boring, disappointing, bland, phoned it. What new biomes could blizzard create that are both fresh and azerothy at this point that haven't been done? I guess I'm just trying to understand, respectfully lol