Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    She kind of gets 2 things right that any idiot could debunk if they really wanted to stretch it that far. People still act like retexturing or redoing these things is only a thing leakers/modders or literally any one in the Community can do, whilst using this as an excuse to have a point. When the reality is that every time somebody wants to go on about how lazy Blizzard is (not disputing that, more often than not, frankly) the constant retexturing, recoloring and re-using of assets which seems relatively natural and normal in today's world of game design, THIS is the literal first thing brought up to justify this view.

The Tree reference is similar, but the structure of the branching is just ever so slightly different and the reference is literally.. kinda.. missing a branch.

We know what the butterflies are and they are reused. Living World, was it?

The Bridge or any of the titan structures being reminiscent or similar in design to DF stuff both is and isn't a stretch because... why would they change this on the expansion right after DF? The people here supposedly being heretics doesn't mean all the titanic structures suddenly also have to somehow look "heretical".

The swirly on the Dino is a stretch.

Yes, let's use the helmet as an example for the leaves, when Hitei literally already brought up how they are just 1:1 the same as from the Pet Dino's model, that is directly to it's left, not some Zandalar helmet that also happens to have leaves with an entirely different pattern.

Do we comment on the Golems? They just got updated? If they are going to use Golems again, there is zero reason to come up with a completely new model when they JUST uprezzed them again? They typically don't seem to update these things, unless it is A.) Vital for visual coherency or B.) they can keep using this thing for a while after.
    I agree that the swirly thing and the tree branches aren't 1:1 matches. But they're close, and could easily be altered. It's also plausible that there are other similar models in the game that she couldn't find, but which more closely match those two.

Everything else is pretty damning. The pillars are exactly the same, so is the bridge. The butterflies are all right to re-use, no big deal. But Marlamin suggested earlier I think that we only had green ones so far, or something like that? Correct me if I'm wrong Marlamin.

The dinosaur, arguably the model meant to be the standout feature of the image, can be created by a decent enough Photoshop artist using the leaves from the Wildhammer helmet, and by creating a skin texture. At least for a still frame such as this, where we can't scrutinize it from other directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Yes, thats good one. No one is saying Blizzard would reuse assets. The problem is that in this specific pic there are too many details that are reused. The piece of Triceratops neck thing taken from some absolutely different object literally seals the deal. Blizzard wouldnt design the creature in that specific way.
    A titan-esque triceratops's neck embelishment would not be coherent with their recently newly established ways of embelishing anything titanic.

Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Pandaria had Chen Stormstout and the Pandarens; One of the most popular characters from WC3, and one of the most requested races in WoW per Chris Metzen.
    Mop was also the worse selling expan ever and lost a lot of subs.

It’s looked back on fondly now but it’s pretty undeniable that it wasn’t as popular as any other expan idea.

Dragon flights lack of sales numbers not withstanding of course.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    The battle pet version has a similar collar.

Looks exactly like a small version of the Screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    The butterflies are all right to re-use, no big deal. But Marlamin suggested earlier I think that we only had green ones so far, or something like that? Correct me if I'm wrong Marlamin.
    There's various colors of butterflies including blue ones, but not as blue as the ones in the screenshot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    4chan /wowg/ thread unironically
    That's surprising, I feel like people don't bother to post their leaks on 4chan anymore these days.

Hopefully it's still there tomorrow when I can update the spreadsheet. I'm in bed right now so no can do.

Quote Originally Posted by justwatching View Post
    Looks exactly like a small version of the Screenshot.
    The big one in the screenshot has regular horns, and completely lacks the rocky shape. It just has a similar looking texture, and some leaves that were copy-pasted on to its head.

10+ Year Old Account
    God, I fall asleep for 6 hrs and yall go on for another 40 pages. Anyone wanna recap if anything important happened since page 1891?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    There's various colors of butterflies including blue ones, but not as blue as the ones in the screenshot.
    Which would be easily adjusted by altering colours for a bit in Photoshop, though.

I think that a clever leaker could realize the triceratops pet was based off some model that doesn't exist yet, and reskinned a regular trike to resemble the baby.

It doesn't look like a new model, it looks like a reskin... like most of this goddamn leak. All reskinned shit with nothing new.

I agree that the swirly thing and the tree branches aren't 1:1 matches. But they're close, and could easily be altered. It's also plausible that there are other similar models in the game that she couldn't find, but which more closely match those two.

Everything else is pretty damning. The pillars are exactly the same, so is the bridge. The butterflies are all right to re-use, no big deal. But Marlamin suggested earlier I think that we only had green ones so far, or something like that? Correct me if I'm wrong Marlamin.

The dinosaur, arguably the model meant to be the standout feature of the image, can be created by a decent enough Photoshop artist using the leaves from the Wildhammer helmet, and by creating a skin texture. At least for a still frame such as this, where we can't scrutinize it from other directions.
    Deferring back up to Ercarp's Screenshot of the Pet's Collar. I do agree that yes, it's possible people can just do that. But then that doesn't downplay the fact that .. so can Blizzard and they have absolutely done so ad hominem. Again, I dare people to look around (I am, actively when I have a moment rn) and find similar objects (private servers are great for this, up to certain expansions we have object malls for this, for literally everything and for the newer stuff, Retail doesn't take so long when you don't have to go to every zone for every object. Wowtools also comes to mind. How much of it is reused in this very self-contained small subzone screenshot of a speculated WoW Zone and much isn't. Run the numbers, because we more or less can figure that out with existing shit as well. If we wanna debunk a fake like this, pointing fingers and going "But but but", doesn't beat doing the homework. As long as it looks new or fits the Zone, guess what. Most players won't be any wiser of the fact. It's just new shit in their eyes.

The big one in the screenshot has regular horns, and completely lacks the rocky shape. It just has a similar looking texture, and some leaves that were copy-pasted on to its head.

I'm referring to the collar. But yeah anyway I dont see any evidence to dismiss the leak...just seems like cope to me to nitpick a reused Pillar and a butterfly.

It doesn't look like a new model, it looks like a reskin... like most of this goddamn leak. All reskinned shit with nothing new.
    I mean tons of stuff in WoW is just reskins. Especially when it comes to random doodads they place around the world.
    Last edited by justwatching; 2023-10-26 at 08:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the adult version of the dino needs to look like an upsized version of the battle pet. Even in the real world, animals can change drastically as they age into adults, gaining new colors and fur patterns and what have you...

I think it actually makes a lot more sense that the adult dino is a bit rougher looking and not as polished.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Because if those pics are real, it almost certainly means no Undermine.
    The true Undermine was the friends we made along the way
    Chen isn't a Monk
    what exactly makes Dwarves an underground race?

Can we discuss this more in-depth? All of the photos are turning up a load of re-used assets. All assets from either Dragonflight or older, can't really seem to find anything in any of these photos that screams "new asset" at all.

There's obviously some stretch here:
    - The leafs
    - The Branch
    - The collar

However the:
    - Stairs are reused (they are located in Valdraken & near tyrhold)
    - Titan watcher is reused
    - Butterflies are reused
    - The baby is reused
    - Pillars are reused

Then the other photos have:
    - Reused gryphon mountain asset
    - Reused druid form
    - Reused Light lamp (in desert photo next to tree)
    - Reused Skybox
    - Reused tree assets from Dragonflight
    - Reused harpie assets (granted this would be okay)
    - Reused birds (granted this would be okay)

Some things that stand out to me as fake:
    - The light ray for the forest
    - (Dwarf) Why is one fist kinda in a shape as if it's holding something while the other seems open? This doesn't make sense honestly.

All of this is screaming PATCH to me, not NEW EXPANSION. If this ends up being an expansion made completely of reused assets from Dragonflight then I may be a tad bit disappointed, these are supposed to be poster flyers which give detail of the next expansion (even if it's a video) why highlight all of your used assets rather than showing off the new and more exciting things?

I'm labeling this:
    - Generic, and heavily reused Dragonflight assets. So therefor in my opinion must be a patch 10.3

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    "Continent" is completely arbitrary and just means "new expansion place".
    In their announcemenets the generally use whatever language they want, depending on whatever marketing they are going for.

Kul Tiras and Zand were called continents, as was Pandaria and the Broken isles.

Draenor they refered to as "New World" , for Shadowlands they just used the phrase "Explore the Afterlives" and for DF "Explore The Dragon Isles"

https://i.imgur.com/JZx3GMC.png
    Playable race is also arbitrary, it more often means faction or sub-race, doesn't always mean different species. not many realise the play of word. Americans call different ethnicities races, even though the human race is just one race... so race is also used as ethnicity as well as race, and also as faction in world of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Mop was also the worse selling expan ever and lost a lot of subs.

It’s looked back on fondly now but it’s pretty undeniable that it wasn’t as popular as any other expan idea.

Dragon flights lack of sales numbers not withstanding of course.
    Practically every expansion since Cataclysm has lost lots of subs.

Cataclysm lost 2 million subs

Mists of Pandaria lost 2.6 million subs

Warlords of Draenor dropped 4.4 million subs in its first 9 months alone, almost halving the playerbase

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Can someone translate?
    AVALOREN

The Serpent Seas hold the secrets of the sea serpents and meerpeople of Azeroth. When the waters quieted after the Great Sundering, the magic of the seas went dormant, and the area remained in silence. With the awakening of the Serpent Seas, old conflicts and mysteryous creatures have arisen.

Azgrak Durgor

The Mountains of the Ancients hold the secrets of the old dwarven races of Azeroth. When the earth trembled with the pressure of the Great Sundering, the hearts of the mountains quieted, and the region remained still. With the awakening of the Mountains of the Ancients, old rivalries and forgotten dangers resurface.

Give or take. I don't know if there are any Mountains of the Ancients (They could maybe also be translated as Mountains of Ancestry) or Serpent Seas on WoW that I remember. Both texts are extremely similar, changing one word or the other with the appropriate zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    Deferring back up to Ercarp's Screenshot of the Pet's Collar. I do agree that yes, it's possible people can just do that. But then that doesn't downplay the fact that .. so can Blizzard and they have absolutely done so ad hominem. Again, I dare people to look around (I am, actively when I have a moment rn) and find similar objects (private servers are great for this, up to certain expansions we have object malls for this, for literally everything and for the newer stuff, Retail doesn't take so long when you don't have to go to every zone for every object. Wowtools also comes to mind. How much of it is reused in this very self-contained small subzone screenshot of a speculated WoW Zone and much isn't. Run the numbers, because we more or less can figure that out with existing shit as well. If we wanna debunk a fake like this, pointing fingers and going "But but but", doesn't beat doing the homework. As long as it looks new or fits the Zone, guess what. Most players won't be any wiser of the fact. It's just new shit in their eyes.
    No one is saying Blizzard doesn't reuse assets. However, when they introduce a new zone (especially if it's a new continent altogether) you will find lots of entirely new assets as well. Things which you can tell right away are freshly made for that expansion in particular. These screens don't have that, except for maybe the triceratops which is easy to fake if you're skilled with this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Blizzard, re-use assets? Never!
    I know.. shocking right !! They've never done THAT before.