1. #37061
    Actually, generally speaking. If we're going to Avaloren, we are bound to see titan stuff in some way shape or form. Let's just nip the biggest offender of that post in the butt, right? The titan assets. What in their right mind would drive them to redo Titan Architecture anything at all, when they just made a whole slew of those for DF? Especially if what we have been speculating about a lot in this Thread may actually come to pass (the next thing being a 'true sequel' to DF). You're bound to have similar topics in some form. So you're bound to carry more of this stuff from DF over.

  2. #37062
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonly View Post
    Can we discuss this more in-depth? All of the photos are turning up a load of re-used assets. All assets from either Dragonflight or older, can't really seem to find anything in any of these photos that screams "new asset" at all.
    It's largely been discussed in-depth already last night, the leaks have been around for like 17-18 hours now so the discussions, including that of asset reuse, have been going in circles for a bit.

  3. #37063
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Again, why do you think a company creates merchandise for certain characters and zero merch for other characters? They've been making merch for Chen for almost 20 years now. You know why? Because it sells.

    You know why they've never made merch for Odyn? Because nobody cares about Odyn.



    Tyr is even worse off than Odyn. Keepers don't move expansions because they're lifeless automatons. People care about actual (mortal) characters.
    Any merch for Chen was to pander to players of WC3 up untill cata. You can't tell me the majority of wow players rven knew who the fuck Chen was before mop...

    Again, normies are the majority.

    And really man, that's a reach.if I ever seen one. Mortal or not, any character can move expansions as long as their written well and loved by fans. Come on man...

  4. #37064
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    Every sub since Cataclysm has lost lots of subs.

    Cataclysm lost 2 million subs

    Mists of Pandaria lost 2.6 million subs

    Warlords of Draenor dropped 4.4 million subs in its first 9 months alone, almost halving the playerbase
    I wouldn't be surprised to find out that historically TBC and WotLK lost just as many as they gained too but the game hadn't fully saturated the market so growth was endless. Then around Wrath/Cata is when we started to get into that decade of a new MMO launching every other week all of them trying to take WoW's crown.

  5. #37065
    I'm hoping they post more debunks, because picking apart one image like this is easy to dismiss. Doing it to all 4 and it becomes a "Almost everything we see is reused"

  6. #37066
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I know.. shocking right !! They've never done THAT before.
    It's not about them reusing assets.

    It's about them reusing assets in images that are clearly supposed to show off new things, not old stuff, and how much reuse they are using. The list goes on for miles.

  7. #37067
    Quote Originally Posted by justwatching View Post
    I dont know why people expect Blizzard wouldnt reuse any existing assets..been over that and the golem doesnt even look the same.

    Obviously everyone should hope its fake but this is DF level nitpicking thats going on here.
    This is honestly worse because the Dracthyr images before the full reveal looked goofy as hell. The High Res Art of Bolvar with the wrong colors? Goofy.

    This though? Not goofy but everyone is as high as a West Virginian at 7pm on a payday on copium for some reason that this isn't it because it doesn't fit there specific headcanon.

  8. #37068
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,461
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    The true Undermine was the friends we made along the way
    Underground expansion remains the most likely concept for 11.0. As I said before, I don't see how you make an underground expansion without Undermine. Especially since there's an Undermine clue in the Dragon Isles.

    I suppose we'll see soon enough.

  9. #37069
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I don't think the adult version of the dino needs to look like an upsized version of the battle pet. Even in the real world, animals can change drastically as they age into adults, gaining new colors and fur patterns and what have you...

    I think it actually makes a lot more sense that the adult dino is a bit rougher looking and not as polished.
    True, I suppose.

    But battle pets typically look like less polished versions of their larger counterparts (except maybe sometimes their small size can make textures appear sharper). In this case, the big one (the main one) looks way worse. It lacks that unique flair of the little one, with the rocky skin.

  10. #37070
    It being reused doesn't discount it, Blizzard have reused the same bear skeleton for 20 years.

    In fact, it being this generic and also following all hints left for where the next bit is going is a point in favor of it being real.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

    Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

  11. #37071
    The Unstoppable Force Syegfryed's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    20,463
    Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    I get your point and you're 100% right this is exactly how the DF leaks went down. But realistically, what does this actually prove other than the fact the same person is behind both leaks?
    what do you mean with that?

  12. #37072
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    Practically every expansion since Cataclysm has lost lots of subs.

    Cataclysm lost 2 million subs

    Mists of Pandaria lost 2.6 million subs

    Warlords of Draenor dropped 4.4 million subs in its first 9 months alone, almost halving the playerbase
    But only mop had its 2.something million sales number be after a week instead of in one day.

    It under sold every expan by what has to be a huge amount if they only had that in a week.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  13. #37073
    Quote Originally Posted by PotHockets View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to find out that historically TBC and WotLK lost just as many as they gained too but the game hadn't fully saturated the market so growth was endless. Then around Wrath/Cata is when we tarted to get into that decade of a new MMO launching every other week all of them trying to take WoW's crown.
    I'd believe it. Honestly, I don't think WoW bleeding out is because the game's shitty or anything. WoW grew as big as it did because it was exactly what it needed to be at that time, and competition was entirely different back then. The novelty of MMORPGs have disappeared over the past 20 years, there's been countless competitors, even ones from big IPs, and kids these days aren't staring at WoW with stars in their eyes the same way we did when it was new and shiny

    You can't really roll back the clock on that one. Had Vanilla WoW released for the first time today, I doubt World of Warcraft would've ever grown very huge

  14. #37074
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    ow does that stop Undermine from being a different place than Kezan?




    Are we talking about the same eagle statue? It looks exactly like the statue in the EK except with smoother textures.




    Except Azure span also has the same rocks and mist effects as that picture. The only difference is the addition of bright flowers on the ground;





    Nope, looks like a spruced up Azure span.
    Spruced up/ it looks like Azure span period.

  15. #37075
    Warchief Catastrophy349's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Location
    What Sword? That Sword!
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    This is honestly worse because the Dracthyr images before the full reveal looked goofy as hell. The High Res Art of Bolvar with the wrong colors? Goofy.

    This though? Not goofy but everyone is as high as a West Virginian at 7pm on a payday on copium for some reason that this isn't it because it doesn't fit there specific headcanon.
    That's what I've been saying. People are nuts.

  16. #37076
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It being reused doesn't discount it, Blizzard have reused the same bear skeleton for 20 years.
    So much being reused is a bit of a red flag though.

  17. #37077
    I still think that if someone had access to the reveal trailer (which they do, because the "New Continent" text is mid-animation so it's not a presskit image), they would post something more interesting than that.

  18. #37078
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It being reused doesn't discount it, Blizzard have reused the same bear skeleton for 20 years.
    Again you're missing the point.

    This is supposed to be a new expansion -- not show off all of your already existing assets and show nothing new.

    New expansion

    not

    Entirely reused Expansion

    Patch 10.3 or bust, def not a new expansion imo.

  19. #37079
    The Lightbringer Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    3,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    She doesn't get all of them right I think, but she makes a point.

    https://twitter.com/ObviouslyZelryn/...22061714006305
    This is 100% a case of Dracthyr/DF 2.0

    I remember images trying this very same thing w/ Dracthyr and pointing out “very obvious clipping issues” and other things.

    Also in regards to the direhorn the poster tried so hard to debunk…
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    what exactly makes Dwarves an underground race?

  20. #37080
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Underground expansion remains the most likely concept for 11.0. As I said before, I don't see how you make an underground expansion without Undermine. Especially since there's an Undermine clue in the Dragon Isles.

    I suppose we'll see soon enough.
    Come on Teriz, you've been making some decent points in the past few hours but that is just blantantly misleading.

    You're right, there is a reference to Undermine in the Dragon Isles. Blizzard does tease future content this way, like the Island Expedition black dragon scale.

    That being said, there are faaaaar more likely options than underground and Undermine for 11.0 that are referenced with more in-game lore ties and frequency, particularly the lands west of Kalimdor. I don't even want to go to Avaloren or Khaz Algar yet, but I know it's the most likely. You're seeing tunnel vision.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •