Finally completely caught up after four hours of chasing the thread, and after all of that I only have one genuine question left:

Is Teriz some WoW terrorist everyone hates or is he more like that one friend in the group that gets his balls busted by everyone else incessantly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    True. Especially when he’s been wrong in any case that wasn’t already extensively datamined
    It’s truly hilarious how often this lie gets repeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonn View Post
    Also was thinking this, but it feels more like hope than logic lol
    most likely yes ^^'

Tyr/Keepers are definitely the thing bridging the two expansions. Like pissing off Odyn one week and then waking up Tyr the very next??

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Why are you using a 10 year old expansion feature video as an argument? If you’re going down this route, then use the more recent feature videos.

The argument loses all credibility when using an example from 2012 like it would have shy bearing on something made in 2023.

This feels like a serious grasping at straws.
    Like I said to Sondrelk, literally at the top of the page. This one wasn't about the reused assets themselves, it was about the other guy saying that if it were using a lot of those assets, it'd be a bad look on an announcement. It isn't. This happened around a time where it already wasn't the norm to see shots like these in the announcement trailer, where WoW was on a decline, which still would have been a bad look, literally no difference between the quality 'norm' between those days and current days. Literally nobody gave a fuck about these two in MoP. So they can do whatever they want, so long as the showcases look good. The assets don't really play a role, seeing as they can even squeeze in unfinished assets in a deliberate shot. People were more butthurt about Pandas than they were about awkward shots in an important first look at the new land. They can get away with it again.

1+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of the validity of the "leak," at the very minimum, it has been something of interest to discuss over the last 20 hours that has resulted in almost 100 pages!

Quote Originally Posted by J Street View Post
    Finally completely caught up after four hours of chasing the thread, and after all of that I only have one genuine question left:

Is Teriz some WoW terrorist everyone hates or is he more like that one friend in the group that gets his balls busted by everyone else incessantly?
    Just someone with the tendency to override threads with their own desires for a future expansion while also lacking the ability to admit to being wrong... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonn View Post
    LOL

Don’t @ me I’m not interested

The pandaria trailer argument is very valid. We have four screenshots and nothing to compare it to. Reused assets should be expected especially this far into developing the world, a world on which this continent also exists.

To be clear, I’m not supporting or refuting the realness of the leak images - just that reused assets or lack of something you expect doesn’t mean much.

- - - Updated - - -

Also was thinking this, but it feels more like hope than logic lol
    It isn’t valid because it’s from a video over 10 years old, and if you don’t think anything changes from technology, presentation or marketing in over 10 years then I honestly don’t know what to tell you.

It’s in fact, a very disingenuous argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlion View Post
    In theory, yeah. That's been one of my wish lists for Avaloren since we first heard about it. An imperial Kaldorei civilization that is still secretly run by Azshara, which explains what she's been doing for the last 10,000 years.

Cuz, you know.. Underwater fish people. They don't really gotta worry about flying through a storm, you know?
    Exactly! Now that would be an unexpected development, imagine if they were still deceived by Azshara, and she would visit them in her night elf form, them having no idea she's a naga witch now. Well I could run wild with this.. top marks for totally unexpected.

Which one is he talking about? The one that's in Portuguese?

The thing with the leaks that raises the most questions for me is the usage of Titanic architecture. It would be a really odd thing to go to a long hidden continent with people the Titans considered heretics to only see it nearly identically match the way the Titans built their architecture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Hot take for a hype thread, I know, but you don't actually have to make up your mind, enjoying the ride is most of the fun for me, I couldn't care less to join a "its real" or "its fake" camp.
    I thought it was real then fake, and now im not sure. Lets find out in a week shall we?

Maybe Towelie's dream isn't far and we get a Reese's Cup type expansion.

"You got your Classic in my Retail!"
    "You got your Retail in my Classic!"
    "Delicious!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    looking at the leak pictures again, I'm wondering if a couple of the pics wouldn't be remade zones of Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdom
    Even then you would expect the images to show something more specific. I don't think it's incorrect to state that each Vanilla zone has a core landmark of some kind. Marauding in Desolace, the word pakkes in Thousand Needles, the dam in Loch Modan.

You would have expected images of revamped zones to show off those parts, not random bits.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Please no more Elves for an expansion or two. Im getting Elf fatigue.
    But will you get Elf fatigue with some elf questlines happening? Just like in Dragonflight, the expansion isn't about elves, but they do show up occasionally. It is about Dwarves, but if Goblins show up and Vuplera, but then we have a section for elves.. would you feel elf fatigue then? They are the most played race in the game, I don't think it wold be terrible if they had something.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Which one is he talking about? The one that's in Portuguese?
    The laptop web/mobile Khaz Algar leak, which I think he is conflating with the 4 screenshot leak. I think the two have similarities but more inconsistencies which is adding to confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    Like I said to Sondrelk, literally at the top of the page. This one wasn't about the reused assets themselves, it was about the other guy saying that if it were using a lot of those assets, it'd be a bad look on an announcement. It isn't. This happened around a time where it already wasn't the norm to see shots like these in the announcement trailer, where WoW was on a decline, which still would have been a bad look, literally no difference between the quality 'norm' between those days and current days. Literally nobody gave a fuck about these two in MoP. So they can do whatever they want, so long as the showcases look good. The assets don't really play a role, seeing as they can even squeeze in unfinished assets in a deliberate shot. People were more butthurt about Pandas than they were about awkward shots in an important first look at the new land. They can get away with it again.
    But regardless of what you’re saying, you’re using a video that’s over 10 years old as evidence that it’s something that would be used again in practice, over 10 years later.

Compare it to Shadowlands or the BfA feature trailer instead. Comparing it to a feature trailer from 2012 is just incredibly disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by J Street View Post

Depends on how many times he has mentioned tinkers, or made weird leaps in logic that day.

Usually it's the second one.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Literally nothing has changed. They still do the same "showcase zones", then a string of shots with "New Continent/Whatever", "New Feature", "New this, new that", it is simply the most awkward example of it they ever had, because it's the first and only time they just used showcases that were very blatantly unfinished or otherwise not at the quality of the other images/camera slides they used and it literally didn't vex a person at the time, so the precedent wouldn't necessarily be any different now if these 4 images were real and part of the showcasing and they were simply reusing that many assets. Nobody. Gives. A. Fuck. Past. This. Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    The thing with the leaks that raises the most questions for me is the usage of Titanic architecture. It would be a really odd thing to go to a long hidden continent with people the Titans considered heretics to only see it nearly identically match the way the Titans built their architecture.
    Unless the titan influence and architecture was there first?