10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    Before mop, pandaria was just a name. There were no emperor shaohao, no mogu, cloud serpents, thunder king, ra den. Pandaria was no different than tell abim in terms of how much established lore there was.

Avaloren at least has books that give us a taste of what it could possibly be and who lives there

Well that's false. Pandaria was further fleshed out in the TTRPGs, CCGs and other books that Blizzard published in the 8 years between WC3 and MoP. Chen also appeared multiple times in WoW and related media becoming a franchise character.

By the time we got to Mists of Pandaira, it was rather obvious we were going to an Asian inspired continent with peaceful Pandarens and brewmasters. Everything else was padding to make things more interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    We got to the continent by accident, it wasn't some planned expedition for our new pandaren friends. We can really get to anywhere in the multiverse without having a prior reason as a reaction to whatever random event triggers everything

It was planned by Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    It is worth mentioning that because of the adult version of the Briarhorn Hatchling was featured, the Briarhorn hatchling is sold from the Time Rift vendor who sells Titan related items from the Ulderoth timeline. Ulderoth being a timeline where the Titans were able to get rid of all forms of corruption and ruled Azeroth with an iron fist of Order and Life.

Soridormi did say stuff that we might learn more about this timeline.

We don't know much about Avaloren, but the bottom picture with the Briarhorn could be a possible location in which Eonar and Elune created the tree before Aman'thul pulled it.

That's just my deduction on it.
    Using that pet and an adult version is a really friggin clever touch that is totally something Blizz would do.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woke it Up View Post
    I mean if you didn't read the novel after Mop you would have nfi why we are going back in time
    Eh, it was rather easy to figure out just by reading the introduction to WoD. If you never played MoP, you still knew what Draenor was, and you knew about the Orcs drinking the demon blood. That's rather classic warcraft lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    No idea who Pozzik is but Gallywix is important enough to have his own unique model among the goblins and was in that cinematic with Sylvanas. He is very recognizable.

I would love to see a neon cesspool grungy gritty fun time Undermine like it is depicted in Hearthstone, and I would also love to see an upgraded and populated clean Gnomeregan with shiny chrome and gussied up Mechagon assets. I just want them added in general, so I'm all for them being part of the revamp. And tinkers finally for godsakes. There's only so many times I throw together a lovely gnomish tinker looking transmog for my gnome and then transmog back to something else a day later because it completely throws off my vibe as a warlock. I want to be able to live that true gnome racial fantasy!
    Pretty sure Pozzik is the guy from the Thousand Needles race track? I wouldn't exactly say he's a key figure of Goblins or someone most people would remember. He was in the Faction Assaults, and I think the Goblin Heritage Quest? So a lot of very minor appearances, you wouldn't necessarily remember save for maybe the Heritage thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

It was planned by Blizzard.
    Haha, I didn't think the devs accidentally developped the place. I thought we were discussing in universe reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    Pretty sure Pozzik is the guy from the Thousand Needles race track? I wouldn't exactly say he's a key figure of Goblins or someone most people would remember. He was in the Faction Assaults, and I think the Goblin Heritage Quest? So a lot of very minor appearances, you wouldn't necessarily remember save for maybe the Heritage thing.
    Yeah he's also apparently some legendary minion in Hearthstone. But yeah, I had no idea who Pozzik was. You'd be better off referring to Revilgaz, Noggenfogger, or Mida for more well known goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpms View Post
    You made up that third one didn't you.

Honestly I just don't think Goblins or Gnomes have the draw to carry an expac. If they wanted to do a underground expansion, they need to start using these characters asap to build them up to the players. I'm sure if announced today a lot of people will say Gazwho?
    It's not hard to re-introduce old characters in a new light... Remember, Khadgar and even Nathanos used to look extremely different before they complete make-overs in WoD and Legion.

Even if someone goes "Who the fuck is Noggenfogger?" Blizz can just as easily re-introduce the character with a new model and everything if they wanted to.

Heck, they gave us completely new characters in DF with Toddy and Naleidea.

Guys stop engaging Teriz he's basically clickbait content.

My take is I think it's real, but you can find 4 stills of re-used models in every features trailer. It's 4 stills that might even be a split second or less in an actual trailer.

And no they aren't "overstuffed with re-used assets" or whatever copium people are bringing.

I swear every fucking time the mental gymnastics get worse

Man this thread moved like wildfire last night, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I hope not. That was the mistake Cataclysm made. A world revamp should utilize the revamped zones.
    I argue otherwise: The new zones made Cata work. They were places in Azeroth we'd seen from a distance, like Hyjal, Grim Batol and Uldum, places that you knew about but just couldn't visit, and Cata finally made them able to be visited

Remember, Cata just gave you access to those new zones right away in the pre-patch. So if I can just explore the new, revamped zones.... Why should I buy the expansion? Because 'Access to these new zones' was what you got with buying Cata. Take away the new zones and there is no reason to buy it, because you can already access everything

Mind, I do find the "Maybe there's a revamp or something going on so this new zone uses limited stuff" as both an interesting idea and a showing of why world revamp stuff really fails to sell to a wider audience who aren't already committed to the world.

1+ Year Old Account
    I'm genuinely curious: Are people that angry with the "leak" that they are creating "head canon" to dismiss it? OR, do people just genuinely not believe it is "real?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imotbh View Post
    If we suppose it's real:

Because it's 4 screenshots out of a trailer. Watch the Legion features trailer and you'll see plenty of different places too. Same for other expansions.
    From Legion's zone preview;

Where's the equivalent in those 4 screenshots? Are we to believe that there are no buildings in Khaz Algar?

Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    Uldaz isn't guaranteed to be in Avaloren afaik.

And if it was, the logs would likely refer to sending expeditions to Uldaz and not Avaloren.
    Well, if Uldaz is on Avaloren, aren't they kind of one and the same for disclosing destinations? Except the expeditions didn't fail to reach Uldaz specifically, they already failed at what would be the first step, then, getting to Avaloren in the first place. So it'd make sense that they'd just say they failed to reach the Continent. VERY nitpicky, but if they wanted to disclose accurate information, they never had a chance to reach Uldaz or embark to reach it, if they never even made landfall on what would be the first step of the expedition.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I'm genuinely curious: Are people that angry with the "leak" that they are creating "head canon" to dismiss it? OR, do people just genuinely not believe it is "real?"
    Mixture of both, I imagine.

Its kinda amusing.

1+ Year Old Account

Where's the equivalent in those 4 screenshots? Are we to believe that there are no buildings in Khaz Algar?
    Can you look at this image and say to yourself, "Yes, this is going to be the best expansion (one of) ever made." Honestly?

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    It's not hard to re-introduce old characters in a new light... Remember, Khadgar and even Nathanos used to look extremely different before they complete make-overs in WoD and Legion.

Even if someone goes "Who the fuck is Noggenfogger?" Blizz can just as easily re-introduce the character with a new model and everything if they wanted to.

Heck, they gave us completely new characters in DF with Toddy and Naleidea.
    Oh god I hope they never do another Toddy, worst character in the damn game. Naleidea is pretty cool tho

[img] https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...657-azsuna.jpg[img]

Most expansion media packages have some screens with new architecture and some pretty plain ones. Given that we've only got four, it's a fair chance we've simply not got the goodies yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Yeah he's also apparently some legendary minion in Hearthstone. But yeah, I had no idea who Pozzik was. You'd be better off referring to Revilgaz, Noggenfogger, or Mida for more well known goblins.
    I'm pretty sure Noggenfogger is more well-known to the masses than .. 99% of the Goblin & Gnome roster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    -snip-
    Rewatch this. Look at those zone pics again. Think about your opinions.
    That's also the shortest and weakest one they've done in a long time too, but the whole announcement was completely different from anything we had before due to covid issues. Still, they made it flashy.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Haha, I didn't think the devs accidentally developped the place. I thought we were discussing in universe reasons.
    Nah, MoP was the very definition of a break expansion, just like Dragonflight. The problem with applying that logic to 11.0 is that 11.0 is highly likely to be a continuation of Dragonflight's story, and as of right now there's very little driving us to go to Avaloren. I could see it as a patch, but not a full blown expansion. Odyn is simply not that important of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I just don't think it's real.

It's such an odd thematic choice that doesn't really jive with how Blizzard traditionally operates. But that is possibly because it's just 4 screen shots that are not indicative of anything at all.

S'long as the game is good, dungeons are fun, raids are fun, and the music is fire, it's all gravy regardless of setting.