10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    Mists of Pandaria entire theme and aesthetic was boring as hell. Really disliked its setup.
    Coolest vibe imo. Very chill with the actual best horde V alliance storylines in WoW. Every patch eas exceptional bar 5.3 and even that had some cool story and heroic scenarios for alt catchup.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Give up early, resist the urge to fight back because of ego and desire to prevent making him feel like he won. You've won my friend, just by disengaging and moving on.

- - - Updated - - -

That's what I was thinking too. The grass and rock textures alone are apparently new? Blurry grass and rock textures sound like the easiest possible things for an artist to paint in.
    It cracks me up that it sounds like giving people instructions to survive a catastrophe, like a tornado or an earthquake. "Just stick to these rules, buddy, you'll make it."

Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    While I do disagree with Teriz, I'd argue Chen at the very least was popular because he was one of the main characters in the Orc TFT campaign. Warcraft 3 was big, and even outside of that, custom maps for it were also big and the Brewmaster model, plus the Storm Earth and Fire, basically gave you 4 ready made units to do what you will with. I saw a lot of attempts at making custom Pandaren races, so they were always popular enough in those earlier days. Certainly saw more requests for Pandaren playable than Tuskarr, which is ironic given how folks are these days
    Calling him a main character in Founding of Durotar is...generous.

Other than that, yes, the aesthetic was a fun idea and people liked that - my beef is generally that Teriz dropped the RPG books as a major introduction to the race that was widespread enough to justify an expansion hook vs. something that isn't and...that's just hilarious.

The amount of people that touched the RPG materials independently might be 5 digits. Possibly 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    It cracks me up that it sounds like giving people instructions to survive a catastrophe, like a tornado or an earthquake. "Just stick to these rules, buddy, you'll make it."
    It's what happens when people continually engage Teriz, who is basically that. No good comes from it.

On topic, Pandaria was peak and always has been. If I had to retire anywhere in-game, Sri-La Village is my spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Also... if we were to assume this is a fake, the person would still need some semblance of digital art skills to add the new textures on an old dwarf model, understand how to compose the image with depth of field, recolor and paint over the direhorn... but nope they can't paint a rock? lol
    Uh, there's plenty of people out there with such skills. There's Youtube videos teaching you how to do such things on WoW models with certain programs, and those programs (and the WoW assets) are pretty widely available if you know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    On topic, Pandaria was peak and always has been. If I had to retire anywhere in-game, Sri-La Village is my spot.
    Pandaria was absolutely fantastic, and it's not hindsight being 20/20 saying that - they really, really, REALLY bungled the announcement trailer.

If you sat and watched the panels, then everything took shape and it looked great already, even before they brought in the faction war/Garrosh angle or before the modern nostalgia for all of it.

But unfortunately, fandom members and enthusiasts doing that via scouring Youtube aren't the same people as the 2 million unwashed slur-slinging normies who watch the 2 min announcement on IGN and then move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the true battle against the void.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did.. you even bother.. reading? Nevermind, I'll just let you sit with your one example, while you ignore the whole part where that Gallery isn't just wide shots and has the literal same boring close-up shots those 4 are supposedly from. You do you, my dude.
    So you honestly believe that every single pic they took from the preview was a close up boring shot? Why would you do that and not go for the wide shots that will make your leak less easy to disprove?

Further, do you honestly believe a new continent in a new expansion is only going to have 4 zones? It's almost like you guys want to believe this is real despite the glaring evidence against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh, there's plenty of people out there with such skills. There's Youtube videos teaching you how to do such things on WoW models with certain programs, and those programs (and the WoW assets) are pretty widely available if you know where to look.
    That is literally the point ro9ue is making. If you're trying to debunk the leak and call it fake, then obviously the dino is made by the artist, and if they have the skills to make these fakes, they certainly have the skills to make some rocks and grass. Which means freaking out over a unique rock and saying the rock is proof the images are real, is just silly.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Just an FYI to everyone here:

Trying to reason why a leaker leaked what they did instead of "thing that makes it look better" is a losing game and will always be completely stupid Do not do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Just an FYI to everyone here:

Trying to reason why a leaker leaked what they did instead of "thing that makes it look better" is a losing game and will always be completely stupid Do not do this.
    Your logic has no place in the void.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

In the hypothetical situation where this is absolutely real, where did this belief come from that there's confirmed 4 zones in the first place (despite that 4-5 zones at launch was literally stated to be "expected" in the DF reveal stream by an actual dev, lol).

4 shots doesn't even automatically presume 4 zones. This is basic concrete thinking past a 2nd grade level. Flies, bees, dragonflies, and butterflies are insects, ergo all insects must be exclusively flies et al.?

Shit, there's the possibility that they aren't even 4 separate zones accounted in the possibility it is real.

I could take pieces of, I dunno, Borean Tundra and make it look like 2 different areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    On the note of the Pandaren having precedence in the eventually non-canon RPG books:

...are you seriously going to tell me the RPG books were that mainstream that it was enough of a legitimate introduction to a mass audience of the Pandaren? They were a fun niche idea from a hidden character in a level or two, plus fan or non-canon work from artists like Didier, largely consumed by the people who are enthusiasts, rather than just casual audiences.

It's not a matter of whether X or Y is "good enough" as an idea to be marketable, it's just a weird argument that somehow their introduction that way made them a household name to a marketing team and a valid expansion hook.

#JustTerizThings
    No, it was a combination of things; WC3 TFT (which was IMMENSELY popular), the TTRPG books, the appearances in other WC media/merch, and Chen's appearances in WoW in the years preceding MoP. Metzen himself said that Pandaren were among the most requested playable races in WoW.

Y'know, based on the images from the leak.. it seems like the zones (except for the last one) all seem to promote this big open expanse feeling that DF had.

Could it be possible that they're gonna bring in Dragonriding back as a staple for the next expansion? Though instead of with dragons, but just any mount with dynamic flying?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the hypothetical situation where this is absolutely real, where did this belief come from that there's confirmed 4 zones in the first place (despite that 4-5 zones at launch was literally stated to be "expected" in the DF reveal stream by an actual dev, lol).

4 shots doesn't even automatically presume 4 zones. This is basic concrete thinking past a 2nd grade level. Flies, bees, dragonflies, and butterflies are insects, ergo all insects must be exclusively flies et al.?
    Completely unrelated "leaks" from other sources that have been linked to this one, and the assumption that each picture is from a different zone, and that all the zones in the expac are represented in the pictures. It's a fair conclusion to jump to if you don't think about it for more than 3 seconds, and think everything must make sense according to how you would do something, rather than how someone else might choose to, or what limitations they might have preventing them from doing something "better".
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account

Shit, there's the possibility that they aren't even 4 separate zones accounted in the possibility it is real.

I could take pieces of, I dunno, Borean Tundra and make it look like 2 different areas.
    Because it's a formula that Blizzard has stuck to for two expansions now.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Y'know, based on the images from the leak.. it seems like the zones (except for the last one) all seem to promote this big open expanse feeling that DF had.

Could it be possible that they're gonna bring in Dragonriding back as a staple for the next expansion? Though instead of with dragons, but just any mount with dynamic flying?
    I think it's an extremely safe bet that dynamic flying is a staple of the game going forward.
    give up dat booty
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

1+ Year Old Account
    So you honestly believe that every single pic they took from the preview was a close up boring shot? Why would you do that and not go for the wide shots that will make your leak less easy to disprove?

Further, do you honestly believe a new continent in a new expansion is only going to have 4 zones? It's almost like you guys want to believe this is real despite the glaring evidence against it.
    Last I checked, Dragonflight had 4 zones (unless you count the Dracthyr starting zone which no one had except Dracthyr until a patch… (10.0.7) not at launch).

Additionally, both the Broken Isles and Shadowlands had 4 zones (5th zone was endgame). Perhaps, the “leak” only shows the 4 leveling zones?

At the end of the day, Teriz, I love WoW. I’ll play it no matter what. Doesn’t matter to me if this is real, fake, 11.0 is underground, or even if the next expansion is 200 light years away from Azeroth. The issue at hand is the fact that I, and others, can see multiple perspectives.

Let's find something new to talk about, while the Void plays with it's squeaky toys.

No, it was a combination of things; WC3 TFT (which was IMMENSELY popular), the TTRPG books, the appearances in other WC media/merch, and Chen's appearances in WoW in the years preceding MoP. Metzen himself said that Pandaren were among the most requested playable races in WoW.
    You said the TTRPG was responsible for our understanding of their culture when prompted about it.

I'm not playing this game with you beyond that. Hopefully you'll starve out eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Because it's a formula that Blizzard has stuck to for two expansions now.
    No disagreement there!

My problem is Teriz saying "ugh, you guys think there will be 4 zones?!" based on...4 images, is suspect, but also...yeah, why is it so hard to believe there's 4 zones and some kind of starting/unfinished endgame area like Forbidden Reach.

Even if there's 4 zones, there's no guarantee that the images, if real, are even all 4 of them accounted for.
    @Catastrophy349

Loath as I am to say it, Broken Isles had 5 if you ignore the shore. He's still ridiculous, though.
    Last edited by Vakir; 2023-10-27 at 01:27 AM.