Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I'm still real salty about not getting Sethrak.
    Horde players helped the Sethrak far more than Alliance players, so they'd have no reason to justify it unlike the Nightborne or Lightforged where each faction helped equally as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    So, let us focus in DF for a bit. Can we all agree that Uldaz is coming within DF? Details:

- Uldaz is mentioned in The Infinite Hand, a drop from Dawn of the Infinite.

- Dawn of the Infinite is going to be relevant in 10.2 as a Mythic + dungeon.

- Dawn of the Infinite will not be in another Mythic+ season for years after 10.2 (DF's seasons have not had any SL dungeon).

First conclusion: Uldaz has to come within DF. Otherwise, The Infinite Hand will not have a relevant IL for Uldaz.

- WoW's expansions have never received more than one megadungeon. So Uldaz will not be a megadungeon, as we already have Dawn of the Infinite.

Second conclusion: Uldaz will be a raid or a zone. I am putting my money on 10.3's raid.

- Odyn sent three expeditions to Avaloren when Kalimdor was still one continent. When he did this, he was in Ulduar acting as Prime Designate of the Titans.

- The remnants of the last expedition that Odyn sent came back to the shores of Kalimdor.

Third conclusion: Avaloren is not far from Northrend. Probably to the northeast, between Northrend and the Dragon Isles.

- Avaloren's Heretics resisted three Keepers' incursions. It is unlikely that if Avaloren was a continent, would have defenses in all its shores. The Keepers would have found a way to get in if that were to be the case, but they did not.

- Avaloren was introduced in DF. We do not know anything about it. It has never been the case that Blizzard introduced a new zone just to have the next expansion centered around it.

- 11.0 will not be Avaloren. A world revamp is coming and chances are that it will span several expansions. There is no room for Avaloren for many years to come as a full continent.

- There have been several cases of unknown zones introduced in an expansion that were later introduced as patches of the same expansion: Isle of Thunder - Timeless Isle - Mechagon - Zereth Mortis.

Fourth conclusion: Avaloren is not a continent but an island. It will be 10.3 zone, and it will have Uldaz as a raid.

That's it. I cannot fathom why we will go to Avaloren. There could be many reasons. I think that Iridikron would go there to seek the support of the Heretics now that he does not have an army. He would want to reach Azeroth and Uldaz might be the key to it. We might defeat him but he would fuck something up that would lead us to 11.0, whatever that might be.

Of course I will be completely wrong, but I would really like to get something like that.
    There won't be a 10.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, let us focus in DF for a bit. Can we all agree that Uldaz is coming within DF? Details:

First conclusion: Uldaz has to come within DF. Otherwise, The Infinite Hand will not have a relevant IL for Uldaz.
    I thought this too, but then I realized it also mentions Uldum, Ulduar, and Uldir—all areas that are not relevant to 10.x either.

It's more likely that they just listed all the Uld-facilities in the text for a bit of extra flavor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    Larpers like this should be IP banned
    What a bad take. If these people didn't exist then this thread wouldn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Horde players helped the Sethrak far more than Alliance players, so they'd have no reason to justify it unlike the Nightborne or Lightforged where each faction helped equally as much.
    Heck if anything, the Devoted Sethrak should have joined the Zandalari with the Vulpera and the Tortollans.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's unlikely 10.3 exists and your foundational piece of evidence is flawed: Strom'kar had a flavor effect that worked in a bunch of irrelevant old locations. There's no reason to assume the reverse can't also be true, with a weapon that's no longer relevant having an flavor effect that works in a new location.
    I fail to see what would be the point of that. No one would use a weapon of an older expansion in a zone of a new expansion.

In zones of old expansions? Of course. But in new ones... For what?
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What a bad take. If these people didn't exist then this thread wouldn't exist.
    Not at all true though. Just check post counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    Larpers like this should be IP banned
    What? Threads like these thrive on their nonsense. People are here to speculate, and the occasional fake leak drives discussion and in the absence of a real leak, gives people something to fantasize about!

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    It was literally implied in the quest text at launch of BFA that alliance were helping the sethrak more than the horde or something

and then edited and abandoned

give us sethrak cowards

we dont want gnomes2

BRING BACK CORRUPTION GEAR
    BRING BACK TWILIGHT DEVESTATION

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinksocking View Post
    we dont want gnomes2
    And now we're getting dwarves2.

It was literally implied in the quest text at launch of BFA that alliance were helping the sethrak more than the horde or something

give us sethrak cowards

we dont want gnomes2
    Yeah that makes no sense. The Horde literally saves the devoted on multiple occasions. The alliance helps them once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    And now we're getting dwarves2.
    You mean dwarves3

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    https://twitter.com/MrGMYT/status/1718413300071809254

Hmmmmm...
    I remember one of the leaks mentioning dynamic weather.
    Ive wanted dynamic weather and real seasons in WoW for ages and ages now, at least since WotLK days. I would be willing to forgive a probably too-generous amount of Blizzard laziness otherwise if they delivered proper weather and seasons...

- Dawn of the Infinite is going to be relevant in 10.2 as a Mythic + dungeon.

- Dawn of the Infinite will not be in another Mythic+ season for years after 10.2 (DF's seasons have not had any SL dungeon).

- WoW's expansions have never received more than one megadungeon. So Uldaz will not be a megadungeon, as we already have Dawn of the Infinite.

Second conclusion: Uldaz will be a raid or a zone. I am putting my money on 10.3's raid.

- Odyn sent three expeditions to Avaloren when Kalimdor was still one continent. When he did this, he was in Ulduar acting as Prime Designate of the Titans.

- The remnants of the last expedition that Odyn sent came back to the shores of Kalimdor.

Third conclusion: Avaloren is not far from Northrend. Probably to the northeast, between Northrend and the Dragon Isles.

- Avaloren's Heretics resisted three Keepers' incursions. It is unlikely that if Avaloren was a continent, would have defenses in all its shores. The Keepers would have found a way to get in if that were to be the case, but they did not.

- Avaloren was introduced in DF. We do not know anything about it. It has never been the case that Blizzard introduced a new zone just to have the next expansion centered around it.

- 11.0 will not be Avaloren. A world revamp is coming and chances are that it will span several expansions. There is no room for Avaloren for many years to come as a full continent.

- There have been several cases of unknown zones introduced in an expansion that were later introduced as patches of the same expansion: Isle of Thunder - Timeless Isle - Mechagon - Zereth Mortis.

Fourth conclusion: Avaloren is not a continent but an island. It will be 10.3 zone, and it will have Uldaz as a raid.

That's it. I cannot fathom why we will go to Avaloren. There could be many reasons. I think that Iridikron would go there to seek the support of the Heretics now that he does not have an army. He would want to reach Azeroth and Uldaz might be the key to it. We might defeat him but he would fuck something up that would lead us to 11.0, whatever that might be.

Of course I will be completely wrong, but I would really like to get something like that.
    The Avaloren document is completely compatible with Avaloren being a moon. Spaceships can crash and take far more resources than normal ships. It would explain why investing the resources needed would jeopardize the Old God prisons.

They could also be called heretics because, on the moon, they follow Elune who is not a Titan, even if she is similar to one.

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Wreckage_Analysis_Report

give us sethrak cowards

we dont want gnomes2
    I don't see why people want Sethrak. How on earth would helmets sit on them? Is it not bad enough that we already have the Dracthyr unable to wear armor models? And how would you even make distinct faces for the Sethrak? They don't really have much in way of facial features, and would be even more bizarrely same-faced than Dracthyr. They're not even some well established race in lore like Naga, Ogres, or other "wish list" races

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not at all true though. Just check post counts.
    This thread would just be wild baseless speculation during leak season without leaks. We need "leaks".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 22mage22 View Post
    will be funny to see reactions november 3. remember, there is no avaloren
    You and SoA boxing match
    Now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    I want you and SoA to duke it out in a 1-on-1, mano a mano, "winner-takes-all" Leaker's Brawl to determine once and for all who's telling the truth.
    Exactly LMAO.

Personally, I'd love to get Wildhammer Dwarves as a full race, or at least an allied race. If I recall Day of the Dragon correctly (and I may not), the funny thing is Wildhammer Dwarves actually fit the bill for Tall Dwarves. They were slightly taller and built around Gryphon riding.

Quote Originally Posted by matijwow View Post
    The Avaloren document is completely compatible with Avaloren being a moon. Spaceships can crash and take far more resources than normal ships. It would explain why investing the resources needed would jeopardize the Old God prisons.

They could also be called heretics because, on the moon, they follow Elune who is not a Titan, even if she is similar to one.

https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Wreckage_Analysis_Report
    And the remnants of an incursion to the moon would come back to the shores of Kalimdor? Unlikely.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

1+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if 11.0 is just absolutely different than what everyone is expecting? VERY doubtful but would be interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    That was the same mistake Cata did though. Revamping the world for little reason, as all the endgame content took place in the new zones, and all the revamped ones just became set dressing.
    Yeah and the WoW team is two to three times bigger now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You and SoA boxing match
    Now.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly LMAO.
    Great minds think alike!

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if 11.0 is just absolutely different than what everyone is expecting? VERY doubtful but would be interesting.
    Honestly, that's my copium right now. That we've all got it wrong and Blizzard's more creative than we gave them credit for