Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    And the remnants of an incursion to the moon would come back to the shores of Kalimdor? Unlikely.
    Yes. If the ship gets blown up in the atmosphere, it would fall to the ground and wash up.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Let's say that Avaloren is the new continent for 11.0, how should it be "handled" in the new expansion cinematic? Like, what should happen in the cinematic that uncovers Avaloren?
    For the sake of the conversation and because I'm a believer, lets say Algarstorms leak is real

In the midst of a raging storm, lightning illuminates the faces of golden-skinned warriors aboard a longship. Among them stands Odyn, his fiery beard casting a glow on his soldiers' stoic faces. As he gazes skyward, a golden Val'kyr descends from the dark clouds. "They come..." she announces grimly. The tempest intensifies, parting the fog to reveal the furiously whipping sails of Horde and Alliance ships, flanked by their new dragon allies. A human commander yells, "FIRE!" Odyn responds decisively, "They cannot find what the Titans have hidden here. Kill them all!" Arrows and spears soar across the waves, cannons shatter longship hulls, and glaives slice through masts. Golden spears light up the sky, setting both Horde and Alliance vessels ablaze. Amidst the chaos, screams grow louder, echoing over the wave crests.

Suddenly, the storm calms unnaturally. The clouds part, revealing shores bathed in light, with the setting sun casting the silhouette of a great gryphon carved into a distant peak.

The battle pauses momentarily as both sides face devastating losses. As Odyn prepares to give the final order to annihilate the Alliance and Horde forces, tentacles emerge from the ocean depths, dragging the remnants into the water. A tendril ensnares the weakened Odyn. In horror, he utters, "She... follo--" before being pulled through his longship's hull into the depths. The screen fades to black.

The scene shifts to a beach strewn with the battle's remnants and surviving Horde and Alliance soldiers, with dragons landing beside their allies. The first survivors awaken, the trauma of the battle they just experienced offset by what they behold, the continent of Avaloren, with a mighty dwarven hold carved into the cliffside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Meh, I’m out this thread until expansion reveal. Ya’ll have fun. See you on the other side!
    Well great. We surely wont hit 2500 pages without Teriz.

I fail to see what would be the point of that. No one would use a weapon of an older expansion in a zone of a new expansion.

In zones of old expansions? Of course. But in new ones... For what?
    Dude the infinite hands works in all uld places. Even the old ones. That doesn't mean uldaz will be in 10.3. everything points at 10.2 as final major patch
    Last edited by Well Done Steak; 2023-10-29 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah and the WoW team is two to three times bigger now.
    Do we have the numbers on this? I've always wondered how many people worked on WoW during its peak compared to now

I fail to see what would be the point of that. No one would use a weapon of an older expansion in a zone of a new expansion.

In zones of old expansions? Of course. But in new ones... For what?
    The point of the entire flavor thing is just to be an amusing little minor effect that works everywhere that's Uld-. That includes potentially a new region that also has Uld in the name.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilarious if 11.0 is just absolutely different than what everyone is expecting? VERY doubtful but would be interesting.
    World of Warcraft: Lightlords of Draenor

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Sandor View Post
    World of Warcraft: Lightlords of Draenor
    World of Warcraft: Penguins of Madagascar

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The point of the entire flavor thing is just to be an amusing little minor effect that works everywhere that's Uld-. That includes potentially a new region that also has Uld in the name.
    And sometimes Blizzard tosses in some loose threads like this just to have something to build on in the future, but that future doesn't need to be the immediate future.

I mean, remember that whole Uldum questline in Vanilla, where you even bring the data disk to the gates of Uldum in southern Tanaris, but you just can't open it right now? Uldum didn't open until three expansions later. There was nothing behind those gates in Vanilla. It was just a potential future story they might tell at some later point in time, but that they included just to have open plot hooks laying about in a pile

Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    I don't see why people want Sethrak. How on earth would helmets sit on them? Is it not bad enough that we already have the Dracthyr unable to wear armor models? And how would you even make distinct faces for the Sethrak? They don't really have much in way of facial features, and would be even more bizarrely same-faced than Dracthyr. They're not even some well established race in lore like Naga, Ogres, or other "wish list" races

Not everyone likes to wear helmets on their characters (plus for some it would look weird on them, a few examples would be like how some helmets look weird on female pandaren.)

And the whole distinct face thing won't matter since Blizz did the same for Worgen and Tauren, so why not a snake?

And for the whole well-established race in lore.. Neither are Void Elves, Vulpera, Lightforged Draenei, but they work.. while Ogres suffer from being too big that they can't fit through certain structures and doors and take up an obscene amount of space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rathwell View Post
    Do we have the numbers on this? I've always wondered how many people worked on WoW during its peak compared to now
    There have been some vague Numbers but i don't have the time to look right now. Im trying to catch up. I think bellular did a video a year or so ago where they counted wow employees on the credits vs like the cafa or MoP one.

We need 3000 pages for the 30th anniversary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has there ever been a leak before that didn't include the expansion name?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't worry, he came back twice after this already. I'm sure he will be back many more times.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by matijwow View Post
    Yes. If the ship gets blown up in the atmosphere, it would fall to the ground and wash up.
    Well, I guess that it is a possibility, IMO a very tiny one. I still think that the Keepers expeditions were by sea.

Certainly a possibility and you are probably right. I would like to keep my faith in 10.3 a little more, though.

Irrational, I know, but it would last just one more week.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    And for the whole well-established race in lore.. Neither are Void Elves, Vulpera, Lightforged Draenei, but they work.. while Ogres suffer from being too big that they can't fit through certain structures and doors and take up an obscene amount of space.

On the ogres... Not necessarily. We've seen ogres of all sorts of sizes. There were quite a few ogres in Vanilla around about the size of a Tauren

1+ Year Old Account

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Not everyone likes to wear helmets on their characters
    Blizz does not accept this a reasonable point. It's why Naga were canceled as a playable race, they can't wear pants. "But not everybody wants to wear pants!" Doesn't matter, most people want the option and blizzard isn't going to pull a FF14 and make a race that cant display one of the most prominent pieces of armor.

Troll feet got away with it for a long time, but they addressed it with Zandalari.

So, let us focus in DF for a bit. Can we all agree that Uldaz is coming within DF? Details:
    I wouldn't agree, no. I do not think we have 10.3 coming at all. At best a smaller patch, which I suppose could have a mini-raid in it (ala the Ruby Sanctum) but not a full fledged patch. I think Uldaz's inclusion is at best a hint for the future. The Maiden of Vitality mentioned both it and Uldorus in BfA yet those were both not immediately in coming, after all.

Blizz does not accept this a reasonable point. It's why Naga were canceled as a playable race, they can't wear pants. "But not everybody wants to wear pants!" Doesn't matter, most people want the option and blizzard isn't going to pull a FF14 and make a race that cant display one of the most prominent pieces of armor.

Troll feet got away with it for a long time, but they addressed it with Zandalari.
    But they can wear pants, they've been able to since TBC. It just puts the pattern down further on their body. I remember playing around with the model viewer way back then and seeing it.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

They have accepted it with both Mechagnomes and Dracthyr
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

That may have been sound logic at one point. After mechagnomes and Dracthyr, it is kind of nonsensical to get into an argument about the validty of a playable race based on what it can wear.

I mean, dracthry even have a normal humanoid shape and would 100% be able to wear pants, shirts (and helms in an ugly fashion like the other animal races), if blizzard really cared