1. #4621
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,823
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Ion just put any third spec for Evoker speculation to bed. Directly dismissed. Gave us the spiel about "Anything is possible down the line" that he uses when he doesn't want to upset anyone when shutting something down.

    Given context, my guess would be that there was a third spec happening, the writers wrote it that way, but the designers couldn't make it work, so they focused on the remaining two.
    ???

    He said it is not coming in 10.1, which was pretty damn obvious. And nothing else. Directly dismissed my ass.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  2. #4622
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    ???

    He said it is not coming in 10.1, which was pretty damn obvious. And nothing else. Directly dismissed my ass.
    He overtly said it was something they toyed with, but were apparently unsuccessful in removing all the remaining vestiges before it hit the PTR.

  3. #4623
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,823
    And as expected:

    Patch 10.1.5 PTR will be up shortly after Patch 10.1.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  4. #4624
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    He overtly said it was something they toyed with, but were apparently unsuccessful in removing all the remaining vestiges before it hit the PTR.
    I think wording is very important.

    "No 3rd spec for 10.1",speaks volumes of what they might have planned, even for future expansions.

  5. #4625
    Sounds like they really want to confirm all-mount Dragonriding in the future but can't.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    And as expected:

    Patch 10.1.5 PTR will be up shortly after Patch 10.1.
    I'll be very surprised if the Megadungeon is Bronze related, considering there is currently nothing pointing to them getting story in 10.1.

  6. #4626
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Sounds like they really want to confirm all-mount Dragonriding in the future but can't.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I'll be very surprised if the Megadungeon is Bronze related, considering there is currently nothing pointing to them getting story in 10.1.
    Megadungeons have never really got any prior foreshadowing. At least not in any major way. The foreshadowing for Mechagon was literally a side quest in Tiragarde Sound.
    If anything the abundance of Bronze Dragonflight stuff in Thaldraszus would make it more heavily foreshadowed than prior megadungeons have been.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  7. #4627
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapejuicee View Post
    I think wording is very important.

    "No 3rd spec for 10.1",speaks volumes of what they might have planned, even for future expansions.
    You're cherry picking a single statement because the rest of the context contradicts the narrative that singular statement supports.

  8. #4628
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    You're cherry picking a single statement because the rest of the context contradicts the narrative that singular statement supports.
    Cherry picked? That's pretty much what he said on the matter. In addition to "anything is possible"

  9. #4629
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapejuicee View Post
    Cherry picked? That's pretty much what he said on the matter. In addition to "anything is possible"
    Completely dismissing the middle where he overtly said that all the datamined third spec stuff was junk from early experiments that were cut. Ergo, the third spec is cut.

    The future might also see a Disney crossover. Or player housing. Or a world revamp. Or an Evoker third spec. Or a million different things. But they certainly aren't planned for. "Anything is possible" is just saying "No" delicately. Because Lloyd Christmases of the world take that as:

    Last edited by Berkilak; 2023-04-25 at 07:40 PM.

  10. #4630
    I'm starting to see a lot of "are the devs abused/overworked" discourse regarding the new patch cadence...

  11. #4631
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Megadungeons have never really got any prior foreshadowing. At least not in any major way. The foreshadowing for Mechagon was literally a side quest in Tiragarde Sound.
    If anything the abundance of Bronze Dragonflight stuff in Thaldraszus would make it more heavily foreshadowed than prior megadungeons have been.
    Which is why i still think it's going to be Brackenhide related. So far all they really got was a few quests in Azure and one dungeon that is in S2's rotation and the story just kinda ends with the Decatriarch running off.

  12. #4632
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Completely dismissing the middle where he overtly said that all the datamined third spec stuff was junk from early experiments that were cut. Ergo, the third spec is cut.

    The future might also see a Disney crossover. Or player housing. Or a world revamp. Or an Evoker third spec. Or a million different things. But they certainly aren't planned for. "Anything is possible" is just saying "No" delicately. Because Lloyd Christmases of the world take that as:
    And now we have fair skinned velves

  13. #4633
    Megadungeons so far have been more side stories rather than being related to the main plot.

    That could change of course, but personally I think the megadungeon is going to be something loosely dragon related.

  14. #4634
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I'm starting to see a lot of "are the devs abused/overworked" discourse regarding the new patch cadence...
    Not surprising, given it plays into the whole thing about the devs being pressures to give up WFH and return to the office.
    If nothing else the devs have more work, given developers have quit in order to pursue different work.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which is why i still think it's going to be Brackenhide related. So far all they really got was a few quests in Azure and one dungeon that is in S2's rotation and the story just kinda ends with the Decatriarch running off.
    I somehow struggle to see going from Brackenhide to Brackenhide+. Seems more likely to me that they play a part in some future raid, in the same way the Djaradin play a large part in Aberrus.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  15. #4635
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapejuicee View Post
    And now we have fair skinned velves
    If you're relying on the developer being interviewed being misinformed or just straight up lying, what is the point of them speaking at all? You're just going to ascribe literally anything you want to their comments.

  16. #4636
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I somehow struggle to see going from Brackenhide to Brackenhide+. Seems more likely to me that they play a part in some future raid, in the same way the Djaradin play a large part in Aberrus.
    The decay plot could continue somewhere else entirely tbh.

  17. #4637
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    If you're relying on the developer being interviewed being misinformed or just straight up lying, what is the point of them speaking at all? You're just going to ascribe literally anything you want to their comments.
    Difference is the Ion straight up said there would never be any chance for alliance helves since they existed in horde. Then boom we get fair skinned velves, which are the closest thing.

    With this, however, he specifically mentioned 10.1.

  18. #4638
    Void Lord Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In some Sanctuaryesque place or a Haven
    Posts
    44,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I'm starting to see a lot of "are the devs abused/overworked" discourse regarding the new patch cadence...
    I think the new patch cadence is something they want to do regardless of the WFH situation.


    P.S. LET THEM DO WFH, times have changed and you are losing so many people do it(At least from what I've seen).


    edit: I'm yelling more at corporate executives not anyone here.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2023-04-25 at 08:49 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

    Warrior-Magi

  19. #4639
    I'm hoping for a south sea expansion. Featuring Kezan and the other south sea islands.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

  20. #4640
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    I must've misread something about Felwood recently. That said, Exploring Azeroth does say creatures like Infernals, Zatyrs etc still roam around the forest.
    Exploring Kalimdors feels like that our favorite Lore Expert just flow over the old world in retails wow and wrote down what he saw

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    I'm hoping for a south sea expansion. Featuring Kezan and the other south sea islands.
    Another isle expansion could be too similar to Dragonflight. I think its either some time travel thing, outside of Azeroth or less likely a old world revamp.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •