10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Why? The Algarian Stormrider has fuck all to do with Avaloren.
    The point they're making is that Khaz'Algar has also had dick all lore seeding, comparative to that of Avaloren, and yet here we are.

That's a bit extreme, but it's certainly unconfirmed.

Yes, but it's about the "hasn't been seeded long enough". Khaz Algar is barely older in terms of existing in lore and effectively a Dragonflight invention (despite prepatch, Uldaman is DF content) just as Avaloren is

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I think what they're trying to say is that the addition of Khaz Algar faces the same issue of not having existed in the lore long enough.
    Exactly, decoupling Khaz Algar from Avaloren is fair game for theories - but not because Avaloren is "too new".
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

I think their point was that Khaz Algar is fairly young, as well.

Khaz algar is 1 zone in revamp expansion
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    This is what I'm thinking as well. But it seems like it's going to be a pretty important location to the overall story if the pre-order mount is named after it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typelouder View Post
    I don’t think Avaloren is the expansion. It hasn’t been seeded long enough, I think it’s their eventual plan but I don’t think it’s the direction.

I feel like blizzard generally sets up expansions in advance with quest line/storylines. You had the whole question as to who got Voljin to elect sylvannas over multiple expansions before shadowlands.

What are the current storylines that have been hard seeded that haven’t been acted on?

AU Yuriel and the light?
    Turalyon becoming more hard line and the distrust of Anduin
    The Scarlett Crusades return
    Azshara, Xal, And Iridikon

I can’t think of many other storylines that felt like they got multiple seeds over multiple expansions than above
    I mean before now the Dragon Isles was one brief quest text from a bfa island expedition. And Pandaria was an april fools joke of dubious canon. They're not above throwing something out of nowhere with little to not setup at us.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think what they're trying to say is that the addition of Khaz Algar faces the same issue of not having existed in the lore long enough.
    Yeah that is true. But if Khaz Algar is like under Silithus, it doesn't need that much setup cause it is a Kalimdor revamp.

OCHO gave us a short reprieve, but we are back again with the "too new" bickering

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Yes, but it's about the "hasn't been seeded long enough". Khaz Algar is barely older in terms of existing in lore and effectively a Dragonflight invention (despite prepatch, Uldaman is DF content) just as Avaloren is
    You can create stuff like Khaz Algar for zones. Look at Drustvar or Vouldin in Kul’Tiras and Zandalar for example. Khaz Algar is more than likely just a zone that we visit. You can’t use something like Khaz Algar or Avaloren for main expansion locations/continents.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post

Exactly, decoupling Khaz Algar from Avaloren is fair game for theories - but not because Avaloren is "too new".
    Now if we take into consideration what we know of khaz algar, the two most prominent things are: earthens and the fissure.
    They could very well introduce Khaz Algar and then link it to Avaloren through the fissure itself. And I'm speaking thematically here

I repeat my earlier comment from a few days ago that the "Algarian Stormrider" could be a feint.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    And in this case, the Algarian mount could be something like WoD, when the mount was the Dread Raven
    Last edited by Bruxin; 2023-11-02 at 01:52 PM. Reason: mispelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You can create stuff like Khaz Algar for zones. Look at Drustvar or Vouldin in Kul’Tiras and Zandalar for example. Khaz Algar is more than likely just a zone that we visit.
    This is an excellent point. Most expansion zones are created from scratch and have no prior basis in lore, but that's not a problem. What matters is that the setting of the entire expansion isn't a complete asspull (which Avaloren basically would be, if it's a continent).

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I mean before now the Dragon Isles was one brief quest text from a bfa island expedition. And Pandaria was an april fools joke of dubious canon. They're not above throwing something out of nowhere with little to not setup at us.
    I agree with you but the timing seems a little off, right after we got a mysterious landmass just recently resurfced they introduce another mysterious landmass just recently resurfaced. Imho it's a little strange. Could happen but would be really strange

This is an excellent point. Most expansion zones are created from scratch and have no prior basis in lore, but that's not a problem. What matters is that the setting of the entire expansion isn't a complete asspull (which Avaloren basically would be, if it's a continent).
    Fulgorian asspuller.... It's all coming together now.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Khaz Algar could be under ironforge (old ironforge).

I might Sound like a broken recorder but i still feel timey whimey

Especially with all the zone namedrops in the war of the scaleborn novel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Typelouder View Post
    What are the current storylines that have been hard seeded that haven’t been acted on?

AU Yuriel and the light?
    Turalyon becoming more hard line and the distrust of Anduin
    The Scarlett Crusades return
    Azshara, Xal, And Iridikon
    I can’t think of many other storylines that felt like they got multiple seeds over multiple expansions than above
    Even in those, there are plenty of other stories to be told. The Turalyon one you mentioned has several extra wrinkles. How does Turalyon react to Anduin returning after essentially becoming a mind controlled Death Knight? How much further will he & Alleria go, given how far they went for information in Shadows Rising? If we do get AU Yrel coming in at the same time, how does that affect someone as Lightforged as Turalyon, and does that cause conflicts with Alleria? Beyond that, what would such a meeting do to the tenuous peace treaty with the Horde which includes the Mag'har Orcs who have every reason possible to hate Yrel?

Beyond that, there's still a handful of pieces we haven't seen come to fruition yet. Some examples:
    - The dreadlords, Denathrius, and Remornia
    - The lights that we triggered in Uldum, many of which seem to be a fixture in other titan areas
    - Speaking of Titans, what does the seeming re-emergence of Tyr that we've seen throughout Dragonflight portend?
    - Do we yet know what the "five torches to light our way" link up to?
    - How does everyone react when Sylvanas returns?

I don't see how Khaz Algar and Avaloren are any less detailed in lore than Pandaria or Shadowlands. We got a book for each of them in the pre-expansion content and then we've had three more books, all of which could also be pointing at them in the last content patch.