1. #47761
    I noticed while leveling earlier they added a new Warlock trainer to the Exodar this patch alongside Draenei Warlocks.

    Probably doesn't mean anything, but I do find it interesting they went through the effort of adding an NPC to a zone most players will never go to.

  2. #47762
    I am Murloc! Wangming's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Not Azeroth
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by FlemmMinis View Post
    all the zone namedrops in the war of the scaleborn novel
    Care to ellaborate?

  3. #47763
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't see how Khaz Algar and Avaloren are any less detailed in lore than Pandaria or Shadowlands. We got a book for each of them in the pre-expansion content and then we've had three more books, all of which could also be pointing at them in the last content patch.
    Because we knew the main people of Pandaria (Pandaren), and we had a lore hero from that location.

    In terms of Shadowlands, players had visited that realm multiple times before the expansion. Especially DK players.

  4. #47764
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't see how Khaz Algar and Avaloren are any less detailed in lore than Pandaria or Shadowlands. We got a book for each of them in the pre-expansion content and then we've had three more books, all of which could also be pointing at them in the last content patch.
    Shadowlands has been known to exist as a dimension since chronicles.
    Pandaria was also kind of known about since WC3 with Chen.

    Either way, I guess they would learn that asspulling entire continents doesnt really hype things well right?
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  5. #47765
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't see how Khaz Algar and Avaloren are any less detailed in lore than Pandaria or Shadowlands. We got a book for each of them in the pre-expansion content and then we've had three more books, all of which could also be pointing at them in the last content patch.
    They don't have goblins (read: tinkers) so they can't work as locations, you see.

  6. #47766
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Care to ellaborate?
    I haven't read the book myself because its not out in the EU.

    But multiple reviews speak of zones we haven't seen ingame.

    (Can't really type on phone rn)

  7. #47767
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Shadowlands has been known to exist as a dimension since chronicles.
    Pandaria was also kind of known about since WC3 with Chen.

    Either way, I guess they would learn that asspulling entire continents doesnt really hype things well right?
    We knew they existed. That's it. We had no idea what was there. I'd say we know MORE about Avaloren than we knew about Pandaria. As for the Shadowlands the few things hinted in lore before the expac were completely ignored.

  8. #47768
    Scarab Lord ercarp's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Suramar
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuami View Post
    I noticed while leveling earlier they added a new Warlock trainer to the Exodar this patch alongside Draenei Warlocks.

    Probably doesn't mean anything, but I do find it interesting they went through the effort of adding an NPC to a zone most players will never go to.
    Didn't they add one for Rogues as well when they made Draenei Rogues available?

  9. #47769
    First my World Warcraft dreams were shattered, and now Ocho is taken from me as well.
    This leak season brings nothing but sorrow

  10. #47770
    Quote Originally Posted by FlemmMinis View Post
    I haven't read the book myself because its not out in the EU.

    But multiple reviews speak of zones we haven't seen ingame.
    Most of them are either locations in Northrend or even more likely, sunk beneath the ground. The sundering pretty much halved Kalimdor.

  11. #47771
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Khaz algar is 1 zone in revamp expansion
    pretty much this :>

  12. #47772
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Most of them are either locations in Northrend or even more likely, sunk beneath the ground. The sundering pretty much halved Kalimdor.
    Thus time travel

  13. #47773
    Well back to refreshing every certificate website , 4chan /v board and refreshing the WoW website page everty 15 pin inspecting shit for any clue lmao

  14. #47774
    Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Didn't they add one for Rogues as well when they made Draenei Rogues available?
    They did, yes.

  15. #47775
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuami View Post
    I noticed while leveling earlier they added a new Warlock trainer to the Exodar this patch alongside Draenei Warlocks.

    Probably doesn't mean anything, but I do find it interesting they went through the effort of adding an NPC to a zone most players will never go to.
    Yes that happened when the lock changes went game wide, or maybe with the Man’ari? Regardless it was heavily discussed on the story forums.

  16. #47776
    Quote Originally Posted by FlemmMinis View Post
    Thus time travel
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  17. #47777
    If I had a dime for every time an expansion about traveling to a strange, unknown land that was previously hidden away from the world for 10,000 years was then followed by a time travel expansion, etc. etc.

  18. #47778
    The Undying Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We knew they existed. That's it. We had no idea what was there. I'd say we know MORE about Avaloren than we knew about Pandaria. As for the Shadowlands the few things hinted in lore before the expac were completely ignored.
    Uh we knew Pandaren were on Pandaria since WC3, and we knew what Pandaren looked like and that they were Asian inspired culturally. We even had a native class from there; The Brewmaster.

    That’s 10x the info we currently have on Avaloren.

    What do the heretics on Avaloren look like? We have no clue. We don’t even know what race they are.

  19. #47779
    Mechagnome Myrrh's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Most of them are either locations in Northrend or even more likely, sunk beneath the ground. The sundering pretty much halved Kalimdor.
    This, but there has been some interesting speculation about Harrowsdeep (Iridikron's lair) lining up roughly below Icecrown citadel. It's described as a massive sinkhole, which is curious when we know that Naz'anak is situated directly below ICC. The description of Harrowsdeep's interior decor matches up nicely, too. It could well be that the Nerubians claimed the empty tunnels that Iridikron's followers once carved out.

  20. #47780
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    If I had a dime for every time an expansion about traveling to a strange, unknown land that was previously hidden away from the world for 10,000 years was then followed by a time travel expansion, etc. etc.
    The fissure in khaz algar could very well be time-related

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •