Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There is always the possibility than Blizzard surprises us with a mini raid in 10.1.7 where we kill Fyrakk. If he does survive the patch, I do want him to team up with Vyranoth so we can get a double dragon fight
    It's also possible we don't get to fight them all and Iridikron consumes one of them or both, although I sincerely hope not lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    It's also possible we don't get to fight them all and Iridikron consumes one of them or both, although I sincerely hope not lol
    I still think it would have set a much better tone if Iridikron had eaten Raszageth's corpse as soon as he was out.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I mean why we're having a "random" Drachtyr as the last boss in 10.1 if they will explore all this?
    What else are they going to use for a Black Flight related raid? Black Dragons have no villainous members and not many of them to begin with currently.

And Sarkareth has been build up for this since the Dracthyr starting zone, so he's hardly "random" either. Having Fryakk randomly saunter in and attack us for no particular reason other than "i was in the area" wouldn't be better either.

How many patches are DF going to have?

I mean why we're having a "random" Drachtyr as the last boss in 10.1 if they will explore all this?

While I'm pleased that Murozond and Galakrond will show up, there'll be a ton of stuff happening simultaneously in 10.2 and 10.3 and we may end with another BFA scenario where we had too many short storylines with good characters.

Unless another of the two remaining Incarnates, Murozond, or Galakrond storylines culminate in a dungeon or questline there's no way they'll be featured in a raid with great cutscenes/cinematics. Another possibility is one of these guys being used like Gul'dan, and their storyline will spill into the next expac plot.
    Sylvanas was never a good character though, which is why BfA failed. They forced N'Zoth and Azshara (actual well-written villains) to share the spotlight with a dogshit nonsense villain like Sylvanas.

Furthermore, Sylvanas had nothing to do with the Old God plotline.

Meanwhile, Murozond, Galakrond, and Iridrikon are all connected by virtue of the fact that they are all minions of the Old Gods. And it is painfully obvious that the Primalists are just doing the Old Gods' bidding (hmm, I wonder who would be interested in attacking the Emerald Dream or cleansing Azeroth of the Titans' influence...).

So, unlike BfA, there is only one storyline in the spotlight here, the only one that matters.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What else are they going to use for a Black Flight related raid? Black Dragons have no villainous members and not many of them to begin with currently.

And Sarkareth has been build up for this since the Dracthyr starting zone, so he's hardly "random" either. Having Fryakk randomly saunter in and attack us for no particular reason other than "i was in the area" wouldn't be better either.
    I don't think it has anything with lore, imo they just want avoid 4 primal dragon end raid bosses. But Fyrakk is for sure one of main villains and focus of this patch. I don't think he will survive to see 10.2. Maybe it will be campaign (kinda weird to see Fyrakk invasion if he dies early this patch thought), maybe megadungeon, maybe something different.

I'm not sure if Vyranoth will be boss of 10.2 raid either. That Vakthros tower looks for perfect spot for her instance and 2nd dungeon in some 2024 patch is not out of picture.

If 10.0.7 is any standard to follow, the x.0.7 patches will do a good job of giving the story a moment to breathe, review what just happened and set up what's coming next. BfA was a total hodgepodge of different plotlines with minimal connective tissue that never had any chance to breathe on their own. The faction war was the sales pitch for the expansion, and in 8.2 the consequences of the previous two patches are effectively cast aside in favor of the N'zoth storyline, with the faction war finally ending in an anti-climax that tells you to buy the next expansion and don't bother thinking about anything that happened that expansion.

I expect they'll probably put in some more story content for 10.1.5 as well this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I don't think it has anything with lore, imo they just want avoid 4 primal dragon end raid bosses. But Fyrakk is for sure one of main villains and focus of this patch. I don't think he will survive to see 10.2. Maybe it will be campaign (kinda weird to see Fyrakk invasion if he dies early this patch thought), maybe megadungeon, maybe something different.

I'm not sure if Vyranoth will be boss of 10.2 raid either. That Vakthros tower looks for perfect spot for her instance and 2nd dungeon in some 2024 patch is not out of picture.
    Fyrakk isn't really interested in Aberrus though. And Vakthros tower looks like a poor spot for an instance. There's not really much of anything there. It's just one small tower on top of a mountain with a few broken walls around.

Fyrakk isn't really interested in Aberrus though. And Vakthros tower looks like a poor spot for an instance. There's not really much of anything there. It's just one small tower on top of a mountain with a few broken walls around.
    Blue dragons know how to create extradimensional space though. Vakthros could e.g. be the central hub of a prison system.

Blue dragons know how to create extradimensional space though. Vakthros could e.g. be the central hub of a prison system.
    Meh, that's to much predicated on there not being any outwardly visible signs of it. Which really just means you could put that anywhere you want, not that there's anything special to Vakthros.

Meh, that's to much predicated on there not being any outwardly visible signs of it. Which really just means you could put that anywhere you want, not that there's anything special to Vakthros.
    Or we could go with what Karazhan did and have it make us tiny!

10+ Year Old Account
    Or we could go with what Karazhan did and have it make us tiny!
    At least do something with it. If Dragonflight ends after all the major content patches and Vak'thros is just...there. its a wasted opportunity.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    At least do something with it. If Dragonflight ends after all the major content patches and Vak'thros is just...there. its a wasted opportunity.
    I mean they need to resolve the Azure Span plot because we still don't know why Razsageth attacked this location directly instead of e.g. the dream gate in the Plains.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean they need to resolve the Azure Span plot because we still don't know why Razsageth attacked this location directly instead of e.g. the dream gate in the Plains.
    Maybe Dream gate is not that less important, but she wasn't attacking it becasue a) she can't be in all places at once, and b) putting her in every zone would make her too obnoxious and illogical (like with Lich King constantly letting us live).
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Maybe Dream gate is not that less important, but she wasn't attacking it becasue a) she can't be in all places at once, and b) putting her in every zone would make her too obnoxious and illogical (like with Lich King constantly letting us live).
    My main point is that Vakthos is then at least equally important. So there must be something there.

Part of me hopes that the "Vyranoth is gonna be our ally" thing gets turned on its head and Fyrakk actually decides to help us once he figured out that he was kinda thrown into Zaralek Cavern as a sacrifice-play.

It seems he is not really interested in the cause and just kinda wants to cause shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Part of me hopes that the "Vyranoth is gonna be our ally" thing gets turned on its head and Fyrakk actually decides to help us once he figured out that he was kinda thrown into Zaralek Cavern as a sacrifice-play.

It seems he is not really interested in the cause and just kinda wants to cause shit.
    Yeah... I don't really see him getting on our side after literally bathing in shadowflame ^^'

1+ Year Old Account
    First 10.1.5 PTR build encrypted!

My main point is that Vakthos is then at least equally important. So there must be something there.
    I did think it was interesting the cutscene appeared to focus that the tower got overcharged from her blast. It seemed to be hinting at something.

But who knows. Could also just be a landmark they created to give themselves more freedom if they wanted to explore it in the future. Like the portal slot in Oribos that never got used.

I'm aware of Sarkareth's story, but I still don't think he's good enough to be the last boss of a raid yet, he's mid-boss material at best. That's why I used " " because for someone that hasn't experienced the Dracthyr zone, he's definitely random.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm aware of Sarkareth's story, but I still don't think he's good enough to be the last boss of a raid yet, he's mid-boss material at best. That's why I used " " because for someone that hasn't experienced the Dracthyr zone, he's definitely random.
    Well, we just learned that Aberrus is little more than a distraction created by Incarnates to keep us occupied and let them proceed with their plan. So it kinda figures Sark is no big fish.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.