Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I do agree but that's why I think its gonna be him.

Also in regards to Emberthal, can a drakthyr even be aspect? Do we know they can or has that not been touched upon? I'm not aware of it in any case.
    But why would it be Ebyssian though? Why not the Black Dragon who we give artifacts from the Zskera vaults after he leaves Sabellian? Or even Adamanthia after we free her from the Forbidden Reach?
    If we accept that Ebyssians only good trait for Black Aspect is his trait of not being Sabellian or Wrathion then there are loads of other Black Dragons who make just as much sense.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    But why would it be Ebyssian though? Why not the Black Dragon who we give artifacts from the Zskera vaults after he leaves Sabellian? Or even Adamanthia after we free her from the Forbidden Reach?
    If we accept that Ebyssians only good trait for Black Aspect is his trait of not being Sabellian or Wrathion then there are loads of other Black Dragons who make just as much sense.
    Yeah he's basically a non-entity in most aspects (heh, no pun intended) but what he has done is be a guide, a mentor figure, and also one of the three at the forefront as "sons" of Deathwing (symbolically in Wrathion's case, anyway) and the only one of the three sons/heirs who is not jonesing for it. Just feels like its an obvious setup to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    It would be an insanely detrimental option. Once you open the options of retconning stuff then there is no going back. Everything is up for grabs.
    Wrong way of thinking about it. You're treating it as a change to what already exists instead of a seperate storyline progressing from a common point in history. It would no longer be connected to the retail story beyond WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    That idea sounds incredibly silly. Classic being one thing, it going to a different story... please no. Time Traveling shennigans after DF? Sure, go nuts.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That idea sounds incredibly silly. Classic being one thing, it going to a different story... please no. Time Traveling shennigans after DF? Sure, go nuts.
    Is it really that silly when it has been done successfully before?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Time Travel, Holy Hand Grenade, Murozond - WotLK Classic Patch 3.4.2 Datamining

Now hold on a minute. New Murozond themed items from the future added into Classic WotLK PTR when Dragonflight will have time shenanigans with the Bronze Flight.

Will the events of Dragonflight's Bronze patch affect WoW Classic timeline and split it off into a different timeline where Cataclysm never happens and Blizz can develop new content into the game following the Classic era principles, like how Old School Runescape and Runescape 3 are different games with paraller development and wholly split timelines at this point?

That would be pretty insane event.
    I'll believe Classic + when I see it.

I'm thinking this is a more a fun cross-over event meant to poke the 4th wall with Murozond's time travel shenanigans and literally going back into time to classic. Pretty cool regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I do agree but that's why I think its gonna be him.

Also in regards to Emberthal, can a drakthyr even be aspect? Do we know they can or has that not been touched upon? I'm not aware of it in any case.
    Thrall filled in. Besides, there aren’t any real barriers to this regardless; if the writers want it to happen, it’s possible.

And even then, Blizzard has been trying hard to sell Dracthyr as dragons. And heirs to Neltharion. I can’t think of anything more apt to cement them as “real” dragons and the reinventors of the black Dragonflight than making her the next Aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Thrall filled in. Besides, there aren’t any real barriers to this regardless; if the writers want it to happen, it’s possible.

And even then, Blizzard has been trying hard to sell Dracthyr as dragons. And heirs to Neltharion. I can’t think of anything more apt to cement them as “real” dragons and the reinventors of the black Dragonflight than making her the next Aspect.
    He filled in, but I always took that as more that he was there just to balance things out as they needed someone in Neltharion's place.

True, but we've not had anything saying they can be one, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    If I was a betting man, I'd give the odds as such:

5% Sabellian
    15% Wrathion
    20% Ebonhorn
    40% Emberthal
    20% Iridikron

Pretty sure the Wrathion/Sabellian dichotomy is entirely a red herring - I personally prefer Sabellian, but if it's one of the two, it'll be Wrathion due to familiarity with the player. Ebonhorn got a new model and a more central role, but he's still not a good leader and seems to be servicing a rising star within the Black Dragonflight - Emberthal. Her narrative, to this point, is the most integral to the overall story of Dragonflight. She is reclaiming the legacy of the Black Dragonflight, but also reinventing what that means. If that isn't a setup for a new Aspect, I don't know what is.

Iridikron is the dark horse candidate. More likely than the red herrings, but Ebonhorn is a mainstay now and would be the safest choice. Emberthal has the logical narrative backing, but given the predisposition to giving us a big "twist" with little to no buildup, he would work the best for that. We've been told how irredeemable he is, but we haven't really seen anything ourselves. Seems like a perfect "Draenor is free!"/"I will never serve!" moment for Dragonflight.
    You should probably add Adamanthia to that list. She's older than all of the living black dragons, and she seems to have Ebyssian's temperament after she's freed from the madness of Neltharion's imprisonment.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You should probably add Adamanthia to that list. She's older than all of the living black dragons, and she seems to have Ebyssian's temperament after she's freed from the madness of Neltharion's imprisonment.
    She exists to service the Dracthyr narrative. I don’t think it would be productive to simply list all living black dragons as candidates simply because they are living black dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    She's too new, I expect her to help bridge the Black Dragonflight and Dracthyr as allies going forward but she's not likely going to be Aspect... YET at least.
    Twas brillig

I think making a non-dragon creature as the new Aspect of the Black Dragonflight after all the build-up Wrathion had in the past decade alongside other well-known Black Dragons development such as Ebyssian and Sabelian will prove that lore improved nothing since the Shadowlands fiasco...

It would be the same as this guy becoming the Warchief...

WAIT!

New World Tree that's meant to be Night Elves' home growing in Dragon Isles...

Emberthal as the new Aspect of the Black Dragonflight...

Perhaps Murozond/Galakrond arc happening in a quest or dungeon...

What's an Aspect anyway? Originally it was an empowerment bestowed by the Titans. But it turns out with Kalecgos that the power doesn't dissipate after an Aspect dies and the dragonflight can in specific circumstances empower a new Aspect. Nowhere does it seem necessary for one to be a dragon; just to be able to hold draconic power. Which is what evokers do. The dracthyr were stripped of the majority of their black draconic essence to contain Adamanthia and likely their own potential as well. So if you can empower Emberthal with a large amount of black dragon power under a lunar conjunction or whatever the ritual is, she could gain the powers of an Aspect. Would that give her the social position of an Aspect among black dragons? Not necessarily.

Another idea is the democratization of power. Instead of having five aspects, empower the entire flight. Neltharion, Nozdormu, Malygos all turned (or will turn out) catastrophic for the planet because of the concentration of power. If the power is granted evenly among the dragonflights then the power is still there but if one of them goes batshit crazy they cannot really fuck shit up on a similar scale cause the rest of the dragons can stop them. The position of Aspect could stay as a social position that you are elected at (as Kalecgos was to represent the Blues).

When we head into the timeways the real purpose will be to find Tyr's data disk so we can awaken him. He'll tell us all about it.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-04-29 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    WAIT!

New World Tree that's meant to be Night Elves' home growing in Dragon Isles...

Emberthal as the new Aspect of the Black Dragonflight...

Perhaps Murozond/Galakrond arc happening in a quest or dungeon...

[IMG]
    Two out of three are just random people guessing, so no, it doesn't. And what exactly where you expecting for the tree? Putting it in Darkshore would be risking the same issue again and may well reopen relatively recent wounds, putting it on Hyjal would be redundant and after those, it doesn't really matter where else. At least the Dragon Isles would be reasonably safe.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Two out of three are just random people guessing, so no, it doesn't. And what exactly where you expecting for the tree? Putting it in Darkshore would be risking the same issue again and may well reopen relatively recent wounds, putting it on Hyjal would be redundant and after those, it doesn't really matter where else. At least the Dragon Isles would be reasonably safe.
    Yeah weak pink elfs can't defend themselves from the mean Orcs so they need some scalies to defend them and move to the oposite of the world!
    .... What a shitty story, moving supposed unmatched fiery warriors from the lands they lived in for over 10000 years because of some savage invaders.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2023-04-29 at 08:39 AM.

Dragon Isles aren't safe from writers' fiat.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Astrologers proclaim week of new World of Warcraft patch. Population of doomsayers, armchair devs and wannabe writers doubles.

Yep, tree in Kalimdor = OMG BEST WRITING EVAH, tree in Dragon Isles = bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Astrologers proclaim week of new World of Warcraft patch. Population of doomsayers, armchair devs and wannabe writers doubles.

Yep, tree in Kalimdor = OMG BEST WRITING EVAH, tree in Dragon Isles = bad writing.
    Dammit, i don't have any Devstudio towns.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    What's mysterious or unclear about them? The explicit charges they got? The clearly stated source of their power? Their position as leaders of their respective flights?
    How explicit is it that Kalecgos could take over from Malygos when Malygos was personally blessed by the Titans through Tyr. How explicit is their position as leader when in the black dragonflight it is corruption that united them into battling other flights? How clear are the responsibilities of the flight when Cataclysm declared their them unpowered but in truth not really...

I'm glad you are okay with how it is presented to you but it has never been satisfying to me. It always felt like an intentional blur just so that the writing team could push the story into any direction they want going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    How explicit is it that Kalecgos could take over from Malygos when Malygos was personally blessed by the Titans through Tyr. How explicit is their position as leader when in the black dragonflight it is corruption that united them into battling other flights? How clear are the responsibilities of the flight when Cataclysm declared their them unpowered but in truth not really...
    There being a method to transfer the power is wholly seperate from the origin and purpose of the power and the duty of its holder, so i fail to see how that is relevant.

I'm not sure what part about them losing their power is unclear, either. Or why you think that would somehow make everybody think they can no longer be leaders, which isn't really contingent on those powers to begin with, but rather on the fact that most of them have done that job for thousands of years to the general satisfaction of their respective flights, and the ones who didn't being rather dead.

Seems more like you have some general dislike of them that you can't quite seem to pin down to any particular issue.