10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What's an Aspect anyway? Originally it was an empowerment bestowed by the Titans. But it turns out with Kalecgos that the power doesn't dissipate after an Aspect dies and the dragonflight can in specific circumstances empower a new Aspect. Nowhere does it seem necessary for one to be a dragon; just to be able to hold draconic power. Which is what evokers do. The dracthyr were stripped of the majority of their black draconic essence to contain Adamanthia and likely their own potential as well. So if you can empower Emberthal with a large amount of black dragon power under a lunar conjunction or whatever the ritual is, she could gain the powers of an Aspect. Would that give her the social position of an Aspect among black dragons? Not necessarily.
    I fully support that happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Astrologers proclaim week of new World of Warcraft patch. Population of doomsayers, armchair devs and wannabe writers doubles.

Yep, tree in Kalimdor = OMG BEST WRITING EVAH, tree in Dragon Isles = bad writing.
    It does feel better though, hyperbole and dramatics aside. Kalimdor is there home after all. Its more hyperbole that ONE ORC called Night Elves savage and just applied it as if it was set in stone and law.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, we just learned that Aberrus is little more than a distraction created by Incarnates to keep us occupied and let them proceed with their plan. So it kinda figures Sark is no big fish.
    Sarkareth is used doubly, by the Incarnates to distract & hurt the Aspects and their allies, and by the devs to introduce Void narratives.
    The boss fight is less likely to be "one Scalecommander and maybe some other Dracthyr adds" and rather focused on the Void energies and creatures they unleash.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Dunno why this isn't bigger, but thanks to Marlamin for pointing out this video:

Literally has a placeholder cube where the tree is going to be, and that's one of the first builds for DF.

Old-build exploration videos are cool as hell anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Seems more like you have some general dislike of them that you can't quite seem to pin down to any particular issue.
    Seems like you are not open to dialogue when I've pinned the issue to multiple points ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Seems like you are not open to dialogue when I've pinned the issue to multiple points ^^
    That fell apart even with superficial scrutiny.

I'm going to assume late November for 10.2 as the map still has it marked for fall.
    Meaning we get 7 months of new raid

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    I'm going to assume late November for 10.2 as the map still has it marked for fall.
    See what would make the most sense is for 10.2 to be out before Blizzcon so the race could be done by then. My reason for this is simple; they will want to reveal the next xpac at Blizzcon. This means they will want to first show what is coming in 10.3 and then lead into the next xpac during the WoW segment. Ofc if 11.0 is a completely separate story (or fingers crossed, a revamp) they can reveal it regardless of the state of the current story. Plus if they want to do four tiers AND a fated season, they should all be around 5 months. Granted this will mean that DF will release an unprecedented amount of content, more than Legion did. But that seems to be their goal; to have a lot more content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why should they suddenly go back to 7 months? Season 1 was 5 months, and so will be season 2, 3 and 4.

- - - Updated - - -

See what would make the most sense is for 10.2 to be out before Blizzcon so the race could be done by then. My reason for this is simple; they will want to reveal the next xpac at Blizzcon. This means they will want to first show what is coming in 10.3 and then lead into the next xpac during the WoW segment. Ofc if 11.0 is a completely separate story (or fingers crossed, a revamp) they can reveal it regardless of the state of the current story. Plus if they want to do four tiers AND a fated season, they should all be around 5 months. Granted this will mean that DF will release an unprecedented amount of content, more than Legion did. But that seems to be their goal; to have a lot more content.
    Well to be fair, doing a fated season isn't really that much work as all the content is there, and Ion already hinted that they may tune it easier / basically turn it into a mini thing at the end where you can see all the content at the same difficulty without it having to be a propper season, so we may not even have affixes or so.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why should they suddenly go back to 7 months? Season 1 was 5 months, and so will be season 2, 3 and 4.
    So October for S3, March for S4, August for shorter S5, late November for 11.0 (expac, not prepatch). Hopefully it will become standard for next expansions.

Did we even get a date for Blizzcon yet? I'm only saying late November because it is coming in Fall

Did we even get a date for Blizzcon yet? I'm only saying late November because it is coming in Fall
    We should be getting a Blizzcon date fairly soon.

- - - Updated - - -

So October for S3, March for S4, August for shorter S5, late November for 11.0 (expac, not prepatch). Hopefully it will become standard for next expansions.
    I just hope the devs can actually manage this output without burnout. Cause we absolutely don't need another failure so soon

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    If Blizzard can keep this up. They started Dragonflight strong, but currently they are losing people left and right and it will hit their production.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    If Blizzard can keep this up. They started Dragonflight strong, but currently they are losing people left and right and it will hit their production.
    So in response to players leaving they should put in LESS effort? That doesnt seem to really make sense.
    Seems more likely to me that Blizzard figured out they had more room to make content with the removal of whatever extraneous stuff dragged previous expansions down, Torghast, islands, etc.

Edit: Ohh wait. Developers leaving. Yeah that is defintiely something that will hit them in the development pipeline.
    Last edited by Sondrelk; 2023-04-29 at 07:38 PM.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I just hope the devs can actually manage this output without burnout. Cause we absolutely don't need another failure so soon
    I think problem was mismanagement (and covid, cause it affected whole industry), not devs being lazy. For sure Ion looks way more happy/healthier now than in 2021.

And it's not like it's far more content we should expect from expansion. It's just smarter use of resources and spreading it to more patches - which gives both flexibility and feeling that game is alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    This part I don't think anyone can help. People are leaving(At least from my understanding) is due to being forced to go into the office, like no exceptions or anything(There might be exceptions like Muffinous or w/e since he lives in Washington now last I checked). Just a big corporate order that they can't fight and when pushed to the brink people just leave cause well Kotick is a goblin that is unworthy of any respect ever. So... I'm not sure how the burn out can be prevented. Hence the Microsoft deal being important.

Yadda yadda.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This part I don't think anyone can help. People are leaving(At least from my understanding) is due to being forced to go into the office, like no exceptions or anything(There might be exceptions like Muffinous or w/e since he lives in Washington now last I checked). Just a big corporate order that they can't fight and when pushed to the brink people just leave cause well Kotick is a goblin that is unworthy of any respect ever. So... I'm not sure how the burn out can be prevented. Hence the Microsoft deal being important.

Yadda yadda.
    One can only hope that the senior management at least listens to the sound of their wallets with the whole WFH debacle. I know that they absolutely loathe the idea of developers being comfortable on their own terms, but one would think that they would at least be willing to ignore the impulse to micromanage when it came ot actual measurable employee retention and loyalty.

- - - Updated - - -

I think problem was mismanagement (and covid, cause it affected whole industry), not devs being lazy. For sure Ion looks way more happy/healthier now than in 2021.

And it's not like it's far more content we should expect from expansion. It's just smarter use of resources and spreading it to more patches - which gives both flexibility and feeling that game is alive.
    People generally really underestimate the time you can lose from being behind on schedule. An expansion like Dragonflight where the developers have ample time to make adjustments to future content will naturally be a lot better than one where the developers are constnatly trying ot recoup the time lost at the beginning.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    One can only hope that the senior management at least listens to the sound of their wallets with the whole WFH debacle. I know that they absolutely loathe the idea of developers being comfortable on their own terms, but one would think that they would at least be willing to ignore the impulse to micromanage when it came ot actual measurable employee retention and loyalty.
    Much worse are the managers that genuinely believe they know better, because most of the time they don't. But they'll waste everybody's time micromanaging stuff better just left alone and be utterly unwilling to even entertain the notion that any resulting problems could be their fault.

Patch 11 I just want to go back to the original WoW zones before TBC, and handle all the political and local turmoils there, with a fully scaling world like GW2's, so every zone remains evergreen and you can always return there and finds things to do with people.

Quote Originally Posted by blarp View Post
    Patch 11 I just want to go back to the original WoW zones before TBC, and handle all the political and local turmoils there, with a fully scaling world like GW2's, so every zone remains evergreen and you can always return there and finds things to do with people.
    The only issue with that is that it will turn WoW into a Timer simulator, like GW2 is.