1. #4901
    Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    25,151
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Read the prophecy under the assumption that Zul is a conman and it becomes perfectly sensible. Given what he pulled in BfA, that seems a reasonable view of him anyway. He just happens to actually do have the gift of foresight in addition to being a conman.
    Wouldn’t be surprised if he did play up his warnings before the cataclysm because he knew he’d get exiled and could act with out over sight. He’s the same guy who “gave” Zandalar to the Mogu to get into there good graces where if his visons were true or would be under the sea and if they aren’t he doesn’t have any right to give away the kingdom.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  2. #4902
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So what do people reckon we will see in 10.1.5 anyways? A bit of story progression for sure. But 10.0.5 had the Primalist Future event, so I have to wonder whether there will be something similar for 10.1 content.
    Evil Chromie?

  3. #4903
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    This thread is always derailed by the same people. Again, it's not the story forum here. If you want to discuss some aspect of the lore, go to the dedicated section.
    It's a thread about patches for the current expansion and speculation about the next expansion and you always manage to pollute it with unrelated things.
    This.

    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    You must be new to these type of threads lol
    I don't think they are, and whereas shitposting, memes and good fun have always been flooding the hype thread, lately there's been many occasions during which it just became an antenna of the lore forum, which is not the point of the thread. Discussing lore in regards to speculation of future content is ok, nitpicking on lore isn't: there's the lore forum for it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    These annual speculation threads have always essentially been big community chatrooms, in-between big news/datamining drops.
    It's a feature of these threads, not a bug.

    If you want the thread to speculate, then just start the discussion yourself.
    Chatroom, yes, turning it into an endless lore argument... I'm sorry but no.

    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Evil Chromie?
    Very likely at this point, although if we deal with the Bronze storyline in 10.1.5... I really wonder what we'll be getting for 10.3 since 10.2 seems to be Emerald Dream related

  4. #4904
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    The second I see people treating the lore with more thought than those writing it is the second I tune them out. No use exhausting all this energy on niggling details when the keepers of those details placed them there more by happenstance than intent. But if they insist on arguing those details anyway... lore forums exist. As does screaming into your void of choice.

    But back "on topic," my guess is 10.1.5 takes us to some Bronze dragonflight shenanigans. Usually the megadungeons are more disconnected from the central theme, but I don't think they're going to divorce entirely from the draconic themes.

  5. #4905
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So what do people reckon we will see in 10.1.5 anyways? A bit of story progression for sure. But 10.0.5 had the Primalist Future event, so I have to wonder whether there will be something similar for 10.1 content.
    There are still a few odd places that seem like they are significant yet aren't used for anything like the veiled ossuary. But i think the safest bet is bronze dragon megadungeon, maybe emerald dream theme is still on the table.
    I wouldn't mind either of them as long as they don't introduce elemental storms v.3 and they include some way of profession catchup.

  6. #4906
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,363
    Personally i think they are setting up the Incarnates to attack the timeways.

    While Fyrakk is meant as a distraction rn, he doesn't seem to die this patch and i think Vyranoth is next up getting her upgrade, and it will be in Vakthros as the mega dungeon.
    As for Iridikron, the 10.1.7 quests will probably in involve his powers.

    Then cue 10.2 where they attack the Temporal Conflux.
    And i think the 10.2 Zone will be a time twisted section of Ancient Kalimdor.

    As for the Dream and the tree, i don't think its gonna be more than the B plot, which can be shoved as content into any of those patches.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2023-05-02 at 04:53 PM.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  7. #4907
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Personally i think they are setting up an the Incarnates to attack the timeways.

    While Fyrakk is meant as a distraction rn, he doesn't seem to die this patch and i think Vyranoth is next up getting her upgrade, and it will be in Vakthros as the mega dungeon.
    As for Iridikron, the 10.1.7 quests will probably in involve his powers.

    Then cue 10.2 where they attack the Temporal Conflux.
    And i think the 10.2 Zone will be a time twisted section of Ancient Kalimdor.

    As for the Dream and the tree, i don't think its gonna be more than the B plot, which can be shoved as content into any of those patches.
    I would LIVE for a raid that is basically a Caverns of Time mashup with bits of ancient Kalimdor and different timelines. This would be a lot of fun

  8. #4908
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    46,445
    This thread is not intended for endless and largely circular debates about points of Warcraft lore - it's to discuss future Dragonflight and WoW patches or expansions. If you have a topic of lore you want to discuss more thoroughly, then use the Lore subforum devoted to conversations of those types. So let's drop the rolling back-and-forth about BFA and Zul and focus instead on upcoming material for Dragonflight and further.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

  9. #4909
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I would LIVE for a raid that is basically a Caverns of Time mashup with bits of ancient Kalimdor and different timelines. This would be a lot of fun
    If that happened i would love if they went all in.

    Have it be a completely broken landscape with stitched together pieces of random timelines, clashing and colliding.
    I want to see Black empire pyramids and obelisks smash and mix with Mogu palaces, i want to see pieces of ancient Kalimdor clash with modern human/dwarven settlements.

    And i want it to be as abstract as possible, like how De Other Side looks and feels.

    Of course, this is probably a bit too much to ask from a design standpoint.
    But its nice to imagine what that could look like.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  10. #4910
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    So what do people reckon we will see in 10.1.5 anyways? A bit of story progression for sure. But 10.0.5 had the Primalist Future event, so I have to wonder whether there will be something similar for 10.1 content.
    Megadungeons usually have some intro. Karazhan and Mechagon had a lot of intro tbh (Tazavesh far less). So that will be the story part I guess. If they can tie in a couple of world quests to add to the variety I wouldn't be mad.

  11. #4911
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I would LIVE for a raid that is basically a Caverns of Time mashup with bits of ancient Kalimdor and different timelines. This would be a lot of fun
    I think that was the way to do Torghast "right." Randomized content in randomized settings. Future-proof. Evergreen. Give it its own progression divorced from the loot treadmill, but beyond simple cosmetics. That's the Rogue-like experience I want.

  12. #4912
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Megadungeons usually have some intro. Karazhan and Mechagon had a lot of intro tbh (Tazavesh far less). So that will be the story part I guess. If they can tie in a couple of world quests to add to the variety I wouldn't be mad.
    That's a good point. Though i suppose that makes it more difficult to figure out where the 10.1.5 content will take place.
    Though that being said, there is definitely a lot of space around the Bronze Dragonflight area if that ends up being the Mega-dungeon. Might be a bit lazy, but adding the other areas we visit in the questline like the Gnoll Wars and the Murloc timeline might be a fun an easy way to create content.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I think that was the way to do Torghast "right." Randomized content in randomized settings. Future-proof. Evergreen. Give it its own progression divorced from the loot treadmill, but beyond simple cosmetics. That's the Rogue-like experience I want.
    Torghast never sat right to me ever since I saw all the interiors were the same. I expected rooms themed around different zones, not just a green filter and some Maldraxxus NPCs.
    A Caverns of Time roguelike might be interesting. Though i do fear that any cosmetic reward system might interfere with the Trading Post. Seems naive to assume we would get a constant influx of cosmetic rewards for both.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  13. #4913
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Torghast never sat right to me ever since I saw all the interiors were the same. I expected rooms themed around different zones, not just a green filter and some Maldraxxus NPCs.
    A Caverns of Time roguelike might be interesting. Though i do fear that any cosmetic reward system might interfere with the Trading Post. Seems naive to assume we would get a constant influx of cosmetic rewards for both.
    Honestly, a few titles and one really good mount would be enough. Other than that, it should be like pet battles - just updated with the bits and bobs from the new expansion to freshen things up, all the while just focusing on having legitimately enjoyable and varied gameplay. Not everyone is going to like it. And that's okay. Just make it really fun for those that are actually interested in the concept of having a Rogue-like experience in WoW. The experience itself should be the reward, outside of a few nods to show off. "Time Lord" would have been better served from this type of content (although that type of progression with Chromie was actually more in line with what I expected from a Rogue-like in WoW than Torghast was).

    That being said, chasing the Rogue-like experience was already coming after that wave had crashed. Based upon that, I fully expect the next attempt at novel content to bei a battle royale BG.

  14. #4914
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Personally i think they are setting up the Incarnates to attack the timeways.

    While Fyrakk is meant as a distraction rn, he doesn't seem to die this patch and i think Vyranoth is next up getting her upgrade, and it will be in Vakthros as the mega dungeon.
    As for Iridikron, the 10.1.7 quests will probably in involve his powers.

    Then cue 10.2 where they attack the Temporal Conflux.
    And i think the 10.2 Zone will be a time twisted section of Ancient Kalimdor.

    As for the Dream and the tree, i don't think its gonna be more than the B plot, which can be shoved as content into any of those patches.
    This is actually a smart plot. The Incarnates want to stop the work of the Titans. Well the best way to do it is to go back in time and stop it before it happens. Which would lead us straight to Galakrond.

  15. #4915
    Brewmaster Jekyll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southeast Asia
    Posts
    1,412

  16. #4916
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Likely a fake image, but if legitimate, it would pretty much supplant the speculation of a third spec. If we get the broken version from Sarkareth, all of the lore hinting toward a third spec could just as easily feed into a questline with Emberthal and Adamanthia empowering this new legendary with a support-themed proc.

  17. #4917
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    This is actually a smart plot. The Incarnates want to stop the work of the Titans. Well the best way to do it is to go back in time and stop it before it happens. Which would lead us straight to Galakrond.
    Would be kind of amusing if it blows up in their face, we never actually fight them and Galakrond just devours them.

  18. #4918
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Would be kind of amusing if it blows up in their face, we never actually fight them and Galakrond just devours them.
    Could be a nice story - they think the titans are so bad and everything before them was great, so they go back to retrieve Galakrond (who is revealed to have been somehow infused with the element of Decay, thus making him a sort of proto-incarnate), only to realize that Galakrond isnt interested in them or their cause in the slightest, that hes just a raving monster who would devour them and everyone else until no living being was left on the planet.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

    From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

    He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

  19. #4919
    Brewmaster Jekyll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Southeast Asia
    Posts
    1,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Could be a nice story - they think the titans are so bad and everything before them was great, so they go back to retrieve Galakrond (who is revealed to have been somehow infused with the element of Decay, thus making him a sort of proto-incarnate), only to realize that Galakrond isnt interested in them or their cause in the slightest, that hes just a raving monster who would devour them and everyone else until no living being was left on the planet.
    I want Galakrond to spit out undead dragons just like in lore.

  20. #4920
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Also, for the record:




Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •