Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Mega dungeon is fyrakk and crowning new aspects via the new tree
    Merithra will be the green aspect
    Sabellian and wrathion will be the black aspects (something to do with wrathion being titan forged probably)
    I say no ebyssian because dude's Hella sus
    Didn't Ion specifically say in the interview in regards to 10.1.5 that the mega dungeons are usually 'side-stories' that arent directly tied to the main plotline or theme of an expansion? Like how Mechagon or Tazavesh were very much their own seperate self contained 'things' seperate from the main story of their respective xpacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Didn't Ion specifically say in the interview in regards to 10.1.5 that the mega dungeons are usually 'side-stories' that arent directly tied to the main plotline or theme of an expansion? Like how Mechagon or Tazavesh were very much their own seperate self contained 'things' seperate from the main story of their respective xpacs.
    Sounds perfect for bronze dragon timey wimey stuff that can take us to various eras of Azeroth for the different sections of the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Damned by faint praise. The moles have a much better visual design, but even if they were untextured cubes they immediately win out because they didn't tell me about friendship every .5 seconds.
    Or the Centaur-that-weren't, for that matter. They're certainly more conceptually-appealing than most any of the races we've gotten this expansion other than the LARPing Vrykul in the fire Genasi cosplay.

Given the Decatriarch plot hook and decay thing that doesn't really tie in to the main plot (you could argue maybe into Galakrond but that's just theorizing at this point, we've had nothing pointing that way officially, I believe) I'd point to a mega-dungeon in that direction, myself.

Can also bring in the blue flight that way, since Azure Span and we've seen how decay can even impact ley lines and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I suspect that we won't be getting a 10.1.5 PTR until two more weeks at least. Not because it's not ready until then, but because it's probably going to spoil stuff.
    I am sure someone will have a better average but I think vendor builds tend to precede the PTR by about 3 weeks right? Or was it 2?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Damned by faint praise. The moles have a much better visual design, but even if they were untextured cubes they immediately win out because they didn't tell me about friendship every .5 seconds.
    I would still have used kobolds tbh. Even their architecture looks like kobold architecture.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    I got a ping here since the first post got edited by mod, and decided I shall be active again. What are everyones hope for a megadungeon?
    The datamining IMO points more towards the Mega Dungeon being Emerald Dream related than 10.2
    If the Emerald Dream assets will only be employed for a megadungeon, I'm inclined to suggest that the Gnoll Decay thing will connect to it. It is secondary to the primary plot, yet is one that seems to have sufficient effort put into it to suggest it's not just a thing they cobbled together, and it seems to have piqued a good deal of interest. Both the Bronze and Emerald Dream thing seem plausible, though, since both have a great deal of basis in the story so far and both could be put together with a good number of preexisting assets.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-05-04 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    If the Emerald Dream assets will only be employed for a megadungeon, I'm inclined to suggest that the Gnoll Decay thing will connect to it. It is secondary to the primary plot, yet is one that seems to have sufficient effort put into it to suggest it's not just a thing they cobbled together, and it seems to have piqued a good deal of interest. Both the Bronze and Emerald Dream thing seem plausible, though, since both have a great deal of basis in the story so far and both could be put together with a good number of preexisting assets.
    I think it was also the only major plot that was an obvious side quest. Every other major storyline tied to the dragons. So the Decay story was just obvious. Plus the most crucial part, extremely few bosses actually survive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Yeah, from the get go after realizing that the Decay story is left unfinished in 10.0 I've been thinking it will be used in the future of the expac with the dream. Between the Drust, Nightmare and Decay they have a wide variety of things to add in an Emerald Dream patch.

And its probably gonna end up being that what ever we get in 10.1.5 is going to start the bridge in 10.1.7 and lead into 10.2
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Yeah, from the get go after realizing that the Decay story is left unfinished in 10.0 I've been thinking it will be used in the future of the expac with the dream. Between the Drust, Nightmare and Decay they have a wide variety of things to add in an Emerald Dream patch.

And its probably gonna end up being that what ever we get in 10.1.5 is going to start the bridge in 10.1.7 and lead into 10.2
    I think the crucial question is, where do you place the Bronze storyline. The purpose of the Bronze storyline is not Nozdormu's fate. While that is important, it is secondary to the expansion's story. The primary objective is finding Tyr's data disc. If the Bronze storyline is in 10.2 or earlier then we awaken Tyr near the middle of the expansion and he can guide us to the last patch. If however we have the story in 10.3 then Tyr only wakes up at the end of the expansion and crucially, after the 10.3 raid. That means he is there to lead us into the next expansion rather than to close this one. Given that Tyr is currently needed for the Aspects to regain their power and that it would be anticlimactic for them to regain their power AFTER we are done with the raids of the expansion, the Bronze story has to happen at 10.2 or before to both give time for Tyr to wake up and give us at least one patch for him to empower the Aspects

Also there is always the chance that there will be MORE dungeons down the line in this expansion. Legion had 1 Megadungeon & 2 normal ones (well the last one was cheap asset reuse crap but we still got 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think the crucial question is, where do you place the Bronze storyline. The purpose of the Bronze storyline is not Nozdormu's fate. While that is important, it is secondary to the expansion's story. The primary objective is finding Tyr's data disc. If the Bronze storyline is in 10.2 or earlier then we awaken Tyr near the middle of the expansion and he can guide us to the last patch. If however we have the story in 10.3 then Tyr only wakes up at the end of the expansion and crucially, after the 10.3 raid. That means he is there to lead us into the next expansion rather than to close this one. Given that Tyr is currently needed for the Aspects to regain their power and that it would be anticlimactic for them to regain their power AFTER we are done with the raids of the expansion, the Bronze story has to happen at 10.2 or before to both give time for Tyr to wake up and give us at least one patch for him to empower the Aspects

Also there is always the chance that there will be MORE dungeons down the line in this expansion. Legion had 1 Megadungeon & 2 normal ones (well the last one was cheap asset reuse crap but we still got 2)
    I wouldnt be surprised if we get Tyr's data disk in 10.1.5 honestly. Could even be in the Megadungeon, given it was said to be lost in time. It would make the dungeon more relevant, which is a bit of a change from how they usually are, but not necessarily the wrong call.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I would still have used kobolds tbh. Even their architecture looks like kobold architecture.
    They also tend to be one-note and less than bright (no, candles don't count), rather unlike the Niffen.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    They also tend to be one-note and less than bright (no, candles don't count), rather unlike the Niffen.
    I mean, so did gilgoblins before Nazjatar. Kobolds are an extremely common Warcraft race and WoW has only given them the barest of chances to shine. Beyond that cave in Highmountain where we found out WHY they use candles, that's it. This could have shown an actual kobold civilization.
    I just don't like adding new things if you can repurpose something that already exists. Kobolds are small, live underground and have large noses. We barely know anything about them and the few things we did know would have worked for Loamm.
    Niffen are fine and Fyrakk did pwn the poor things just for the lulz. I guess I don't care for them as much since their references are alien to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was thinkin about 10.2 and forward last night. Thats just my idea ofc. They could bring us new zone in 10.2 over the clouds. Like new layer not below but over the isles :P Sounds plausible and easy to implement. That will be season 3. And with season 4 all content gonna be recycled and prob we will have to go back to old content to hint new expansion at the end of DF (old gods and big sord in the silithus ass). + megadungeon in season3 after this slice him for m+ rotation as two dungeons in season4.
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-05-04 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Wait, why do we think that the Dream will be the Megadungeon again?
    At this point it seems to be either Bronze Dragonflight, or Dream stuff. The other one is likely what we will get for 10.2. Which of course means that by extension a raid with that theme is likely.
    The Dream stuff is just what we know will be relevant in the near future, so it has a slight edge in the debate.

Really it's down to which is more likely. Bronze Dragonflight mega-dungeon and Dream raid. Or Bronze raid and dream mega-dungeon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Was thinkin about 10.2 and forward last night. Thats just my idea ofc. They could bring us new zone in 10.2 over the clouds. Like new layer not below but over the isles :P Sounds plausible and easy to implement. That will be season 3. And with season 4 all content gonna be recycled and prob we will have to go back to old content to hint new expansion at the end of DF (old gods and big sord in the silithus ass). + megadungeon in season3 after this slice him for m+ rotation as two dungeons in season4.
    This sounds all but easy to implement tbh.

Even if it was above the ocean (so not to cover the light over the existing zones) it would be much harder to implement the tech they have for the Cavern to load it separately from the rest of the isles. In case Forbidden Reach uses something like that, again it is easier to implement since it is quite far away from the main land mass but I am unsure that they actually do it.

So the floating island would need to be either in its own instance (which I generally don't like, I would prefer all zones in an expansion to be connected on the same map without loading screens), or far off the coast so it loads during flight.

If they were to do this my best guess would be to the east of the Dragon Isles, as they might be able to use the high terrain facing the east to help with this.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds all but easy to implement tbh.

Even if it was above the ocean (so not to cover the light over the existing zones) it would be much harder to implement the tech they have for the Cavern to load it separately from the rest of the isles. In case Forbidden Reach uses something like that, again it is easier to implement since it is quite far away from the main land mass but I am unsure that they actually do it.

So the floating island would need to be either in its own instance (which I generally don't like, I would prefer all zones in an expansion to be connected on the same map without loading screens), or far off the coast so it loads during flight.

If they were to do this my best guess would be to the east of the Dragon Isles, as they might be able to use the high terrain facing the east to help with this.
    They could be instanced without loading screen as caverns are and SL zones. Not sure forbidden reach is also instanced. Just build em far enough over the land to get into clouds and load instance druing flight.

Nah, all you need is for the path there to take you through a thick cloud and it to be high enough that you couldn't make out details on the ground below.

- - - Updated - - -

They could have put a "to be continued" screen at the end of Brackenhide and it wouldn't have felt out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    They could be instanced without loading screen as caverns are and SL zones. Not sure forbidden reach is also instanced. Just build em far enough over the land to get into clouds and load instance druing flight.
    Zaralek caverns is underground though. You don't see any part of it, nor how it's not actually there. A flying continent couldn't realistically be above the Dragon Isles in the same way Zaralek Caverns is underground. Maybe if it was behind Thaldraszus it could work, but definitely not above any existing zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Zaralek caverns is underground though. You don't see any part of it, nor how it's not actually there. A flying continent couldn't realistically be above the Dragon Isles in the same way Zaralek Caverns is underground. Maybe if it was behind Thaldraszus it could work, but definitely not above any existing zone.
    As i said just had to be far enoght over behind clouds. Just think about it. Same as airplanes does. They are over the clouds. You can just see clouds beneath you not the land.

The Reach is part of the Isles map itself. You could use Far Sight abilities on the PTR to see the entrances to Zaralek don't go down terribly far before you hit the seamless zone transition. The illusion only holds up because it's hidden around corners. I expect some portion of the tree or whatever Dream area to be outdoor content, and that could either just be physically there in that gaping plot of ocean off Ohn'ahran, or just a more abrupt portal transition with the area loaded on the Isles map out of sight.