Quote Originally Posted by Zers Editor View Post
    Gonna go off current topic, if that's fine.

I often hear about Anduin's future love interest.

IMO, he should not have one, be it a straight relationship or not. At best, a supportive partner, akin to what they did with Mayla and Baine and are doing currently with Emberthal and Ebyssian.
    Given his current state, he's in no shape to get into a relationship anyway, nor do i expect him to have any relevance to the story for DF anyway. Possibly not for the next one or two expansions either. Mental issues of that magnitude can take a long time to deal with.

IMO, he should not have one, be it a straight relationship or not. At best, a supportive partner, akin to what they did with Mayla and Baine and are doing currently with Emberthal and Ebyssian.
    Unpopular opinion but they could probably cool it with all the relationships in the future. It seems more about shipping rather than actually creating a story. And honestly, relationships make pretty boring stories unless there's some element of conflict involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Unpopular opinion but they could probably cool it with all the relationships in the future. It seems more about shipping rather than actually creating a story. And honestly, relationships make pretty boring stories unless there's some element of conflict involved.
    why would that be considered as unpopular ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin fan shipping is stupid, he's straight. I also don't expect him to be relevant until 11.0. (I absolutely hate shipping of two characters who are just seemingly bros. Thats all it is).

Emberthal and Ebyssian.
    i think its just an arc to show how different Ebyssian was to Sabellian and Wrathion.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2023-05-05 at 09:36 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    This year Blizzcon won't have much to announce outside of Warcraft games since both Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4 are still fresh, and AFAIK Starcraft doesn't have any new projects in development, so unless they reveal the Survival IP the event will focus mainly on the next WoW expansion, HS expansion, and probably WC Rumble.
    Probably going to announce Cataclysm classic as well.

I’m going to assume 11.0 is going to be new races and maybe the new continent of Avaloran on the other side of the world? Probably a few old world revamps to boot. Those are the safe bets.

More crazy bet would be them announcing a new fourth role (Support) for a few select classes which would fundamentally change group content. That would definitely get some headlines. It would be fascinating to see how something like that would shake up the game and community. In an expansion of revamps… why not revamp how we raid?

This is a franchise about war, not romance. Romance has never - and should never - be a story point in Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    This is a franchise about war, not romance. Romance has never - and should never - be a story point in Warcraft.

This.

This a 10000000000000000% !

Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Romance has been a story point in wow tons of time rather it be Thrall getting Married, Varian being a dick because he lost his wife, Moria and Thaurissan absconding, ect ect ect.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Romance has been a story point in wow tons of time rather it be Thrall getting Married, Varian being a dick because he lost his wife, Moria and Thaurissan absconding, ect ect ect.
    For that matter, how many wars have been fought using it at least as a premise...

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    About the only thing i can get behind is Xal, and that's mostly because it's not so much being hinted as shouted from mountaintops.

And where is "Sabellian doesn't hear voices" coming from? Seems to me he finds them rather annoying and distracting. Maybe he can't understand them, but he very much appears to hear them.
    We see wrathion mention them and Sabellian act like he doesn't understand what he means

Though I mostly just want wrathion being titan powered touched on

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    What would be the point of that? She's very much the Bolvar of dragonflight. The Aspect of exposition if you will. And even in being that she fails by providing no real context to the story.
    Not that the story of dragonflight really needed her at all, but killing her off wouldn't have an impact very much because of that. If we start killing off every ineffective character we are left with a fraction of what we have.
    Her dying would be the final original aspect gone.
    She talks about unity but when wrathion asked for her help to do something that we needed to do anyways she went "nah not yet I'm too busy with these eggs" and then we find she's doing nothing

After Ebyssian takes the role of the Black Aspect, Wrathion will surely seek to his boyfriend's needs.

They have him set up for like 5 different ones but fuck me man just let him chill lol

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Anduin fan shipping is stupid, he's straight.
    You got a source for that?

Lol, so I guess we're just gonna gloss right over Malfurion, Tyrande and Illidan.

7+ Year Old Account
    I understand that Warcraft's development of romantic relationships sometimes isn't the most compelling, but to claim it's never been about romance ... like that's just not true. Arthas and Jaina, Jaina and Kalecgos, Malfurion, Illidan and Tyrande, Turalyon and Alleria, Nathanos and Sylvanas, Varian and Tiffin, Moira and Thaurissan, Thrall and Aggra.

actually romance should never have been a story point in warcraft (at least a major one), but at this point i don't care, so i'm fully for a transition to Anduin dating sim. blueballing Baine? hating himself for craving that black dragon dick? lusting for Fareeya? questioning himself for developing feelings for Moira? crying to his therapist when he recounts how Sylvanas repeatedly raped him in prison and how he's ashamed to admit that he liked it?
    that's a hundred times more interesting than an nth sermon about compassion.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    We see wrathion mention them and Sabellian act like he doesn't understand what he means
    We also see Sabellian complaining that it's distracting him. You might be misinterpreting his reaction. They might not be hearing the same things exactly, but they're certainly both hearing things.

Arthas and Jaina, the whole mess with Tyrande, Malfurion and Illidan, romance's come up plenty of times and this is just in Warcraft 3, let alone WoW itself

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We also see Sabellian complaining that it's distracting him. You might be misinterpreting his reaction. They might not be hearing the same things exactly, but they're certainly both hearing things.
    i could be 100% wrong and you could absolutely be correct
    i just dont want the surface level of this stuff to be true because it means they essentially ruined wrathion making him go back to MoP personality and use "old god influence" as a reason when in terms of the 3 dragons he should be the LEAST effected

7+ Year Old Account
    Malf/Tyrande/Illidan
    Kalecgos and Jaina
    Arthas and Jaina
    Thrall and Aggra
    Moira and Thaurissan
    Varian and Tiffin
    Alleria and Turalyon
    Nathanos and Sylvanas

Like, i agree that they should put less focus on it as those relationships are never actually compelling nor interesting.
    But pretending romance has never been a story point is laughably wrong

Formerly known as Arafal

Not healthy romance, but the War of the Ancients only happened because Azshara wanted to marry Sargeras. Sargeras himself wanted to... do things to Azeroth.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.