7+ Year Old Account
    Welp.

That was disappointing.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's unfair to judge TBC by modern standards. At the time, the WoW devs hadn't realized the possibility of telling a pseudo singleplayer RPG experience through an MMO. Phasing didn't exist yet. They only started to realize it during Wrath and Cata.
    That's not entirely accurate. While they started talking about phasing in Wrath, that's not entirely correct that it didn't exist yet. When doing the priest class quest for Benediction/Anathema in vanilla, guildies could not see the mobs that were out of phase with them (they COULD see me but not the adds - I couldn't see them). Still, a few paladins sat around dropping consecration for me.

It didn't help with the healing portion of the quest (only I could do that), but it did help with the annoying adds. Phasing was in a very rudimentary form back then, but it did exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Welp.

That was disappointing.
    I'll withold judgment until we see where this is all going in the remaining questlines like Fyrakk, as well as 10.1.5. The raid is very clearly not being shown as some kind of climax to the story, just a quick interlude to show how insane Deathwing is before we move towards actual development for the Black Dragonflight.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I have to imagine we get more furhter into the questline. This is definitely not a raid that takes place at the very end of a patch cycle like The Eternal Palace or Sanctum of Domination. This is more in-line with Castle Nathria, where the raid is just a thing that furthers the plot in the actual relevant story afterwards.
    We could always get some small raid with just Fyrakk or a 2 boss raid in 10.1.7
    I know people did not care for Crucible (and damn it was hard) but it was actually a pretty solid raid both as encounters and in progressing the Old God storyline (heck they could have combined it with the dungeon into a pretty solid raid in some other world where the expac was focused on N'zoth instead of faction war)

And I don't get why every raid needs to end in a big reveal. We wgo in there to stop Sarkareth and witness how fucked up Neltharion was even before becoming Deathwing, we do that.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-05-09 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We could always get some small raid with just Fyrakk or a 2 boss raid in 10.1.7
    I wonder if Blizzard are going to make more mini-raids. We got two of them. One was good, and one was shit.
    I have to imagine the challenges inherent to making something like that is quite high when you could much more easily make a really good questline instead.

Is it disappointing? Sure. But in previous expacs, we never had a cinematic for the first raid, yet this time around we had one for the first tier after killing Raszageth, so IMO it makes sense that the following raid wouldn't have one instead, especially when there's encrypted content left in the campaign AND the raid itself wasn't really all that connected to the Primalists story, don't feel like there was some sort of a expectation that this time around every tier would have an ending cinematic. It's just a difference of priority, there really wasn't really anything cinematic worthy to do for this boss, at most they could've had some sort of an old god tease but it's whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take disappointing over actively detrimental to my enjoyment of the game (like Sylvanas and N'zoth) any day.

It was a little poignant. And likely to be followed up quest content. So I'll see how I like it when I actually get there.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    snip
    i think Fyrakk consuming void will be completely safe for him. imo, void itself isn't maddening, it's the internal conflict with other major cosmic forces that is hard on the receiver. as incarnates have never been turned into Order conscripts, they mind won't get torn apart. i don't see elementals being particularly affected by their past servitude to the Old Gods, and at the same time, they do not belong to Order, Life, etc.
    it makes the primalist cause not as unreasonable - Void is no different from the others, yet isn't as intolerant as Order or Light.

Are you guys surprised? This whole patch was a bait. Iridikron said it himself. Us going down there was just a distraction to give him time to do his thing. Sarkareth dying like a rat and for no reason was the whole point of this patch lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    Are you guys surprised? This whole patch was a bait. Iridikron said it himself. Us going down there was just a distraction to give him time to do his thing. Sarkareth dying like a rat and for no reason was the whole point of this patch lol
    So?
    How does that justify the raid ending being narratively and visually underwhelming?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    This just cements Aberrus as a fully distraction type of raid/story, as Iridikron planned.
    Somehow I think this nuance will be lost on the vocal part of the playerbase...
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Somehow I think this nuance will be lost on the vocal part of the playerbase...
    Subzone "Iridakron's Gambit" really hammers that home.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I mean a large percentile of people aren't even clued into this narrative in the first place at this point in time.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    So?
    How does that justify the raid ending being narratively and visually underwhelming?
    And it is still a step up from the Vault. "Man, if we stop Rash then entire Primalists/Incarnates threat will disappear. I reeeealy hope she wont free her siblings, else this entire conflict will go on". Aberrus and Zalarek actually gave us some backstory on Black Dragnoflight, that they were doing fucked up experiments even pre-corruption. But yes, the cinematic was disappointing, and makes me think that 10.1.5 and Fyrrak will bring a proper resolution.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-05-09 at 08:42 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Subzone "Iridakron's Gambit" really hammers that home.
    That would require them to read.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    Not really, it did feel like that from the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Dumb theory. Hiding how? Blizz didn't realize the raid will be cleared on normal in 1-2h since release? They removed it, only to implement it later? Aberrus is a side story and a distraction from Incarnates. It may very well be the last of Old Gods influence in DF.
    This along with the hidden Evoker legendary stuff just makes me very suspicious. Nothing I can prove, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s more there that we simply aren’t privy to yet.

So?
    Seemed like a really neat bow to the Void corruption narrative to me.
    Sarkareth loses his grip on reality as the Void forces that destroyed Neltharion convinces him to give up everything for a lost cause
    Yes it was definitely not as high quality as it maybe should have been, but I sont really see how the cutscenes could have realistically done more, unless you just want tentacles showing up, or giant eyeballs for padding.

Ladies and gents we got red eyes in the floor in that cinematic

Let's go old gods

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Emberthal is gonna be Aspect.

Like, they make it so obvious in every single scene she shows up.
    I'm thinking double aspects with two brothers
    Emberthal might end up the red aspect after Alex dies fighting galakrond

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    It just means that walking down Neltharion's path leads to well...oblivion. Leads back to basically nowhere. It's not the first time Oblivion was explored. The Void basically embodies non existence. Death (namely through Zovaal) wanted to bring about Oblivion to the players and their souls, Disorder wanted to cause Oblivion to all life in the universe, etc.

Oblivion is likely where the Dracthyr would've walked, had they continued down the Void path, nothing more.

Ngl, this storyline kinda blows, cause it basically just follows a very safe narrative, which also kinda hurts Wrathion and Sabellian's characters along with it.

- - - Updated - - -

There are no Old Gods dude. It's basically just Void fuckery, which could hint at maybe Old God influence existing in some form, but that's it.

Honestly, the people that automatically think Void Influence = Old Gods are so fucking annoying.

We see those same eyes in the mural. Legit just means the Void is watching over Sarkareth, giving him power, and now they're overseeing his demise due to us defeating him.
    So when Xal is revealed as the 5th in next patch when we fight the Naga will that still be just void or can we get ppl to just accept it