1. #5341
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I imagine they changed it because it required a steady influx of new glyphs to make inscription worthwhile. If you just learned any glyph and knew it forever then you could just buy the limited selection of dirt cheap glyphs, and new inscription players would never really be able to sell anything.
    I disagree with that argument. They have added new cosmetic glyphs (not many) every expansion, I think. I do not believe that inscription players are selling lots of glyphs these days. But if a cosmetic system like the old one was still running, at least they would always sell a few to new characters / alts.

    But I agree that they might have dropped It because they would not keep expanding It. Now that customization is everything, though, could be the right time to reintroduce It. They can even add cosmetic glyphs to the Trading Post.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  2. #5342
    Predictions:

    10.1.5

    Time based mega dungeon featuring Ancient Kalimdor, the human kingdoms of EK, Gnoll Wars, a parallel universe, evil Chromie and Galakrond as final boss. Iridikron devours and absorbs Galakrond’s essence in a post dungeon cinematic which will lead us into the next major patch.

    Blue Dragonflight storyline which could possibly result in a mage tower styled solo scenario in which we fight Chromatus atop/inside Vakthros. Rewards cosmetic appearances.

    New class combos for Dracthyr. Warrior, rogue, hunter and possibly mage.

    Some new race/class combos. Nelf and Undead Paladin? Gnome and Orc Druid? Human Shaman?

    Brawler’s Guild.

  3. #5343
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Now that you mention glyphs, a new cosmetic glyph system is definitively something that they should do. The past system in which you just had to learn them once and you could change them at any given time was ok, really do not understand why they dropped it.
    If they bring (back) a propper cosmetic glyph system it will be 100% an expansion feature, or last patch preview feature at best.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  4. #5344
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Now that you mention glyphs, a new cosmetic glyph system is definitively something that they should do. The past system in which you just had to learn them once and you could change them at any given time was ok, really do not understand why they dropped it.
    I still wish they would consider class skins. I get reserving some concepts that are very good candidates for making a class out of them (e.g. Tinker) but there are more limited concepts that are too race specific or otherwise limited to be made into classes. Shadow Hunter or Priestess of the Moon are just not going to become classes; Sunwalkers are in lore so different to Paladins. And if that would ever happen, it should be under a UI together with cosmetic glyphs imo that just deals with class cosmetic customization. They could even add things for hunter pets/warlock and DK minions there.

  5. #5345
    The megadungeon needs to be some sort of Caverns of Time thing.

    Hop into different timelines or points in time.

    See the forests in Ancient Kalimdor.

    Fight Galakrond with the Aspects.

    Visit a future EK where lightsworn zealots rule.

    A bunch of cool adventures, and you begin by entering a single portal. Then once you clear a "room", you are thrown into another one, and another, and so on. Once you've beaten a few, you unlock each room as a portal for quick access perhaps.

  6. #5346
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I still wish they would consider class skins. I get reserving some concepts that are very good candidates for making a class out of them (e.g. Tinker) but there are more limited concepts that are too race specific or otherwise limited to be made into classes. Shadow Hunter or Priestess of the Moon are just not going to become classes; Sunwalkers are in lore so different to Paladins. And if that would ever happen, it should be under a UI together with cosmetic glyphs imo that just deals with class cosmetic customization. They could even add things for hunter pets/warlock and DK minions there.
    I like the concept of class skins but it should be more ambitious. I would transfer specs of a class and give it to another / other classes, the difference being completely cosmetic. For example:

    - Demonology Warlock = Necromancer DK spec.
    - MM Hunter = Fel Hunter DH spec.
    - Fire Mage = Fel Destroyer Warlock spec.
    - Beastmaster Hunter = Shadowmaster Priest spec.
    - Protection Warrior = Earthwarden Shaman spec.

    I think that this system would be awesome if well done, and it potentially reduces the problem of just being tied to one class in your character. Would not be FFXIV job system, but hopefully something in-between and way cooler.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  7. #5347
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I like the concept of class skins but it should be more ambitious. I would transfer specs of a class and give it to another / other classes, the difference being completely cosmetic. For example:

    - Demonology Warlock = Necromancer DK spec.
    - MM Hunter = Fel Hunter DH spec.
    - Fire Mage = Fel Destroyer Warlock spec.
    - Beastmaster Hunter = Shadowmaster Priest spec.
    - Protection Warrior = Earthwarden Shaman spec.

    I think that this system would be awesome if well done, and it potentially reduces the problem of just being tied to one class in your character. Would not be FFXIV job system, but hopefully something in-between and way cooler.
    Yeah I cannot agree with that. You are completely removing any chance that an expansion like Legion that is centered on class fantasy can happen. Imo if class skins ever were to happen they should be extremely conservative with the class skin being a different interpretation of the same class fantasy. I could see Necromancers as a warlock class fantasy because both classes are about dark magic use (and the original necromancers of WoW were warlocks); plus Demonology imo is closer archetypically to the Necromancer fantasy (with the demon summoner archetype usually being about summoning a small number of individually powerful demons instead of hordes of imps). I could see a Huntress of the Moon class skin for Markmanship because it would effectively be a Night Elf huntress who also has strong faith in Elune and thus explains some of her abilities through that faith. Could ofc also work for e.g. Disc. I could even see some small deviations like expanding weapon choices to make a shaman to Shadow Hunter work.
    But moving specs to other classes? Adding class skins to specs that have no theme in common but could work for gameplay (druid to tinker)? Effectively it means you can never really have strong thematic content for that class again.

  8. #5348
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah I cannot agree with that. You are completely removing any chance that an expansion like Legion that is centered on class fantasy can happen. Imo if class skins ever were to happen they should be extremely conservative with the class skin being a different interpretation of the same class fantasy. I could see Necromancers as a warlock class fantasy because both classes are about dark magic use (and the original necromancers of WoW were warlocks); plus Demonology imo is closer archetypically to the Necromancer fantasy (with the demon summoner archetype usually being about summoning a small number of individually powerful demons instead of hordes of imps). I could see a Huntress of the Moon class skin for Markmanship because it would effectively be a Night Elf huntress who also has strong faith in Elune and thus explains some of her abilities through that faith. Could ofc also work for e.g. Disc. I could even see some small deviations like expanding weapon choices to make a shaman to Shadow Hunter work.
    But moving specs to other classes? Adding class skins to specs that have no theme in common but could work for gameplay (druid to tinker)? Effectively it means you can never really have strong thematic content for that class again.
    I guess that a system like the one I am proposing would have a lot of problems. Some that I am aware of and some that I cannot fathom. Still, I believe that if well done, you could adapt practically any class to any spec in original and amazing ways. I am not saying that they should adapt every spec to every class. But as an evergreen system, I think that people would always be VERY excited for what is coming next, although it would require a LOT of work from the art team. For example, lets go with Druid, which would be difficult to adapt to spec of other classes. Here are some ideas:

    - Fire Mage: we have the Druids of the Flame from Cataclysm for inspiration.
    - Demonology Warlock: same but with beasts and animals.
    - Affliction Warlock: same but with vines, leafs, poisons...
    - Beastmaster Hunter: instead of arrows throw arcane bolts and as a Druid, you should be able to call any animal at your side for help.
    - Windwalker Monk: give the Druid a monkey form similar to that of the upcoming game Black Myth: Wu Kong. The kicks and punchs could be the same.
    - Vengeance DH: give the Druid the Saberon form (again). Instead of Sigil of Flame have ''Flame Trap''; instead of Fel Devastation have channeled hits that recover health.

    Anyway, you get the idea, I am pretty sure that there are amazing ideas out there that could be applied.

    I disagree that this system would kill class fantasy. IMO it would enhance it if they find the right theme to the different specs.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  9. #5349
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I guess that a system like the one I am proposing would have a lot of problems. Some that I am aware of and some that I cannot fathom. Still, I believe that if well done, you could adapt practically any class to any spec in original and amazing ways. I am not saying that they should adapt every spec to every class. But as an evergreen system, I think that people would always be VERY excited for what is coming next, although it would require a LOT of work from the art team. For example, lets go with Druid, which would be difficult to adapt to spec of other classes. Here are some ideas:

    - Fire Mage: we have the Druids of the Flame from Cataclysm for inspiration.
    - Demonology Warlock: same but with beasts and animals.
    - Affliction Warlock: same but with vines, leafs, poisons...
    - Beastmaster Hunter: instead of arrows throw arcane bolts and as a Druid, you should be able to call any animal at your side for help.
    - Windwalker Monk: give the Druid a monkey form similar to that of the upcoming game Black Myth: Wu Kong. The kicks and punchs could be the same.
    - Vengeance DH: give the Druid the Saberon form (again). Instead of Sigil of Flame have ''Flame Trap''; instead of Fel Devastation have channeled hits that recover health.

    Anyway, you get the idea, I am pretty sure that there are amazing ideas out there that could be applied.

    I disagree that this system would kill class fantasy. IMO it would enhance it if they find the right theme to the different specs.
    See you can do this in an RPG that does NOT use the class system but rather a skill system. There it would work just fine to move things around.

  10. #5350
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm more surprised that they actually gave it a support-style ability. Quite an interesting development since it backs up the datamined Neltharion voice lines.
    That is a bit surprising too though I suppose its a decent way to make it usable for both specs.

    Anyway throwing my hat in for the megadungeon being decay focused. That's gotta come up somewhere after the hook left by Brackenhide Hollow and its not overly related to the main plot (at least, not yet. Maybe the megadungeon can tie it in).

  11. #5351
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    46,295
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post
    Ebyssian is so annoying this patch.
    Really? It's odd how perspective can be so different. I find Wrathion and Sabellian to be super-annoying in this patch, what with Wrathion's teenage tantrums and Sabellian's appalling lack of ability to either read a room or not act like an entitled jackass. Ebyssian is the only one of the showcased black dragons not actively being their own worst enemy.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

  12. #5352
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Predictions:

    10.1.5

    New class combos for Dracthyr. Warrior, rogue, hunter and possibly mage.

    Some new race/class combos. Nelf and Undead Paladin? Gnome and Orc Druid? Human Shaman?
    I doubt you'll see any of this until 11.0

    They only new race / class spec they are adding are ones where they need to flip on a switch and add some NPCs for flavor.

    Unrelated, but I wonder when BfA TW will pop up. Its not on the roadmap so I am guessing 10.2.5.

  13. #5353
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Really? It's odd how perspective can be so different. I find Wrathion and Sabellian to be super-annoying in this patch, what with Wrathion's teenage tantrums and Sabellian's appalling lack of ability to either read a room or not act like an entitled jackass. Ebyssian is the only one of the showcased black dragons not actively being their own worst enemy.
    At least that fits with their general characterisation. Even his own people have that complaint about Sabellian and Wrathion is a teenager. One that keeps forgetting that without my character, he wouldn't have been born.

  14. #5354
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    46,295
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    At least that fits with their general characterisation. Even his own people have that complaint about Sabellian and Wrathion is a teenager. One that keeps forgetting that without my character, he wouldn't have been born.
    Sure, I'm not saying anyone is out of character - merely that the characters of Wrathion and Sabellian are annoying. Ebyssian, too, is pretty in-character for who he's always been since his intro in Legion: mediator, wise elder, and generally down-to-earth as befits his choice of visage.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

  15. #5355
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Predictions:

    10.1.5
    Blue Dragonflight storyline which could possibly result in a mage tower styled solo scenario in which we fight Chromatus atop/inside Vakthros. Rewards cosmetic appearances.
    I actually feel like a dumbass for not realizing this, but Vakthros is LITERALLY a "mage tower" (at least with the Arcane connection) and it would explain the "class weapons" that have been datamined this patch. Vakthros would make perfect sense as the Mage Tower 2.0 location and the class themed weapons are likely the reward.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Unrelated to Vakthros but Blizzard really nailed it with the breaking up of characters for flights and patch focus. People won't shut the hell up about the Black Dragon group and it's smart to focus on them specifically this patch while the other patches will probably all deal with a specific flight: it means the same characters won't be spammed every chapter like BFA and Shadowlands.

    Though it seems likely the Red will be shafted and the Blue won't get a specific patch. But I would love to be proven wrong and 10.3 is Red vs Decay.

  16. #5356
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Really? It's odd how perspective can be so different. I find Wrathion and Sabellian to be super-annoying in this patch, what with Wrathion's teenage tantrums and Sabellian's appalling lack of ability to either read a room or not act like an entitled jackass. Ebyssian is the only one of the showcased black dragons not actively being their own worst enemy.
    Altho true, Ebyssian feels like a true tauren rather then a dragon. He also gives me Baine vibes.

    Its kinda weird wrathion acts like this the whole time, with all the things he did in the past stories you would think, he would act a little different, but hes back with hes teenage attitude.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-05-11 at 01:45 PM.

  17. #5357
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I could see a Huntress of the Moon class skin for Markmanship because it would effectively be a Night Elf huntress who also has strong faith in Elune and thus explains some of her abilities through that faith. Could ofc also work for e.g. Disc. I could even see some small deviations like expanding weapon choices to make a shaman to Shadow Hunter work.
    But moving specs to other classes? Adding class skins to specs that have no theme in common but could work for gameplay (druid to tinker)?
    you're forgetting another option - adding specs.
    there's been a substantial amount of speculation based on some clues in the files that there's a third evoker spec in the works - yet Hazzikostas recently said that in 10.1 it won't be added. what are the odds they've planned three specs for evokers since the beginning, but the third one wasn't ready for the release and they decided to freeze it? and since a new spec was to be added later for one class, why not develop it and make it into the primary expansion feature for 11.0?
    ofc, making 13 new specs and balancing them for the fall 2024 would be a nightmare - so why not add them gradually? it mirrors the allied race system - use an existing race (in our case, class) as a foundation, tweak it a bit and add it when it's appropriate (Kul Tirans/Zandalari especially added after enough time had passed for their introduction in their respective factions).
    PotM, if the system is adopted, is the priest's fourth spec, the nightstalker or something. they use ranged weapons, bless their projectiles and rain the light (moonlight, with the night elf specific glyph) down on their enemies. it allows more characters to use bows/guns, expands your class fantasy, finally allows for a light-based range dps class. it also doesn't mean anyone can become a PotM now, other races just build upon the Van Helsing werewolf/vampire hunter trope.
    it seems even more plausible to me as Ion also mentioned shaman earth tanks in that interview - it's a proof this idea is there, but for sure it isn't certain they will commit to it. the rhetoric does reming me of their "cannot confirm nor deny" cross faction guild talks around 9.2.

  18. #5358
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    46,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Altho true, Ebyssian feels like a true tauren rather then a dragon. He also gives me Baine vibes.
    I'm kind of hoping future content gives us a chance to see Ebyssian well and truly pissed off - choke-slamming Iridikron perhaps, or just being a little less than conciliatory with his brothers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Its kinda weird wrathion acts like this the whole time, with all the things he did in the past stories you would think, he would act a little different, but hes back with hes teenage attitude.
    Wrathion's had a little development, but not enough to overcome his intrinsic immaturity, would seem. Got to remember that on his reintroduction to WoW since MoP back in BfA his first action was to be flippant about the consequences of his actions in causing the Legion invasion and the death of Anduin's father, for which he was duly punched in the face. He's a little better than the tyke-bomb he was in MoP, but not much.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

  19. #5359
    The people complaining about Wrathion's characterization in DF compared to BFA I think aren't remembering BFA correctly. Even if N'zoth died fairly easily to him, and Wrathion was fairly calm and collected as a quest giver, he still had his usual characterization. If anything between Cata, Mists and BFA and DF he acts the least like himself in BFA and you can chalk that up to him getting the "main quest giver" bat where they are usually subdued and can't do much of anything.

  20. #5360
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm kind of hoping future content gives us a chance to see Ebyssian well and truly pissed off - choke-slamming Iridikron perhaps, or just being a little less than conciliatory with his brothers.
    Wrathion and Sabellian are working on their character development. But Ebyssian's flaw is that he pretty much never did anything. He even admitted to it when he was talking with Emberthal. So he should get angry at some point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •