Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    "Garrison Hearthstone and Dalaran Hearthstone are now toys."

This is huge, actually.
    I admit I'm a bit sad by that as I have my main backpack set up just so and those hearthstones take up a place that I like. Please my mind goblins. Ah well, I'll deal.

I like the mage changes but I'll have to see how it plays out. Rune of Power is actually gone, amazing.

Also I see my wondering if the whole "grand prix" thing was just an instanced version or something went out the window, haha. Happy for that.

Juggernaut Perfected mount, guessing that's a version of the iron juggernaut mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    There's a brand new version of the WoD harrison model in the raid, so there's the revamp copium.
    Not brand new, same model/file.

EDIT: Maybe not, am blind.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2023-05-12 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Not brand new, same model/file.
    It's a little different though, visually

The towers are both taller by an extra segment, have extra side windows, do not have lion faces at the top, no banners and most notable, is the open tower tops

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    It's a little different though, visually

The towers are both taller by an extra segment, have extra side windows, do not have lion faces at the top, no banners and most notable, is the open tower tops
    I believe you're just looking at a different variation of it that's already been used elsewhere (not garrisons I guess). No new human building WMOs were added in 10.1.5, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post
    The problem with dragonriding is that it is extremely limited to dragons themselves and a few winged creatures using gravity. I like this system but in what world would it work with all the flying mounts in the game?
    I mean...I love my bee and moth mount, how am I supposed to fly with it if a dragon is much faster? That would mean that, I don't know, 70-80% (number at random) of the mounts in the collection would be totally useless. I have no idea if they have any plans to fix this, but it's really frustrating to watch them wade through their mistakes by releasing systems that aren't thought to work as a whole.
    It is not at all designed to work with all mounts in the game and yet we are heading towards a world where it will be available outside of the Dragon Islands.
    It's almost entirely a matter of how much they want to invest into animations. It wouldn't be very hard to make every single mount work with the system; some would just look rather silly while doing it. There's no technical reason why they couldn't let you Dragonride while bodysurfing on Ragnaros; he'd just look rather stiff since he doesn't have the necessary animations. But it would still work.

Weird cause I've never seen that version of the building anywhere (and having mucked around on certain 'building' private servers I know that building isnt in the BFA game files.

Maybe the pics of the dungeon are taken from a different build that went live and those wmo's just arent in it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Weird cause I've never seen that version of the building anywhere (and having mucked around on certain 'building' private servers I know that building isnt in the BFA game files.

Maybe the pics of the dungeon are taken from a different build that went live and those wmo's just arent in it yet?
    That's likely, yeah. Don't think I've seen the map yet.

Wonder if we'd be able to get Iridikron as a mount skin from the mega-dungeon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Wonder if we'd be able to get Iridikron as a mount skin from the mega-dungeon as well.
    Screw Iridikron, what about a Galakrond mount skin
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Screw Iridikron, what about a Galakrond mount skin
    I did not think about that lol Wouldn't be against that one either tbh but only if it's as big as the real thing!

Looks like the new Warlock quest involves new Warlock race recruits that explain their reasoning for joining, including a Lightforged.

https://twitter.com/Gurzog/status/1656813130276585473

It just doesn't make sense. And it can't work with flying machines, insects, and magical creatures.
    Unless it is strictly limited to an event outside the islands for a certain period, I do not see this system working.
    You're confusing "working" with "looking good". You could replace the model with pretty much any other model in the game and it would still work. It'd just look stupid.
    You're also way overestimating how many of those mounts there are. That's a pretty small fraction.

The biggest issue with Dragonriding outside the Dragon Isles would be that the world wasn't build for that speed (e.g. assets need to be loaded at greater distance and earlier than when you can only go air swim speed), though how much of an issue that is depends on the design specifics and may not be all that hard to solve.
    And they have to do the same work whether it is time limited or not, so they may as well do it permanently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like the new Warlock quest involves new Warlock race recruits that explain their reasoning for joining, including a Lightforged.

Well thats encouraging.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Well thats encouraging.
    I think the Lightforged is actually the main character of the questline, so Blizz knew what they were doing there.

The problem with dragonriding is that it is extremely limited to dragons themselves and a few winged creatures using gravity. I like this system but in what world would it work with all the flying mounts in the game?
    I mean...I love my bee and moth mount, how am I supposed to fly with it if a dragon is much faster? That would mean that, I don't know, 70-80% (number at random) of the mounts in the collection would be totally useless. I have no idea if they have any plans to fix this, but it's really frustrating to watch them wade through their mistakes by releasing systems that aren't thought to work as a whole.
    It is not at all designed to work with all mounts in the game and yet we are heading towards a world where it will be available outside of the Dragon Islands.
    Unless there's a revamp pending where old flying gets completely replaced then they really don't need to work at all. They are fine just existing in legacy content.

This could also just be the first iteration of dynamic flight. For all we know next expansion there could be another set of mounts with new abilities like blink or phase shift that work better with alternative mount types.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2023-05-12 at 01:30 AM.

This feels insufficient to me. I am not exactly encouraged by this explanation, because it hardly even constitutes an explanation at all; how is Oman reconciling—both physically and intellectually—the severe friction between the power he wields and the one that suffuses his body? What led him to make the decision he did, provided that there's plenty of other options for anomalous Lightforged, such as becoming one of the innumerable Battlemages we already saw on Argus? This explains nothing, and does little to ease my discontent regarding the concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post

But do people who play enhancement shaman want the spec to suddenly be near the bottom of the dps ranks and have fairly poor dps for solo activities?
    Both are speculative qualifiers at best. But even so, as someone who had mained an Enhancement Shaman since launch, my answer is an emphatic yes.

I confess I am somewhat disappointed that the Infinite Dragonflight story is limited to a megadungeon. I was always of the mind that they deserved anywhere from their own raid to their own expansion. Hopefully this isn't the end of that whole story thread, and it does seem like it thankfully won't be that way on account of how it seems to end with Nozdormu being corrupted. I am hoping to see more of them in the future, as they are easily my favorite Dragon lore in WoW.

One thing that is also fairly interesting is that the descriptions in the dungeon journal seem to suggest that the main timeline may be somehow impacted irrevocably by Murozond. The description is a tad ambiguous, but one could read it as meaning that the corrupted Tyr is a retroactive alteration of the original.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-05-12 at 02:12 AM.

Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But do people who play enhancement shaman want the spec to suddenly be near the bottom of the dps ranks and have fairly poor dps for solo activities?
    as a shaman ya id love it, preferably give us back two handers to.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

3+ Year Old Account
    Are Allied Races disabled on the PTR? I can't seem to make one?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.