10+ Year Old Account
    I think we can officially say they are back to a good content cadence. Tbh I think the content is better than legion patch content too. The only things Legion had going for it over DF are the artifact appearances to earn on every class, and Suramar. I think id rather play DF than legion though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    God, I hope the 10.1.5 PTR has something exciting.

Cool Bronze or Blue flight-themed rewards?

New class/race combos that have an impact, like new Paladins, Druids or Shaman?

Surprise Dracthyr third spec?

Overhauled login screen?

Account-wide currency?

New character customisation?

Hoping it's not just: "here's a megadungeon, some class changes, and a boring world event."
    Id say you got half of what you wanted. Overall W minor patch imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yeah that gave real "Both sides are bad" vibes. Wrathion is stupid and reckless but his 8.3 version clearly was also caring and he has carried forth like that.
    I like both, and I would choose Wrathion if I had to, but at this point im rooting for Ebbysian to be the new Aspect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Sure, I'm not saying anyone is out of character - merely that the characters of Wrathion and Sabellian are annoying. Ebyssian, too, is pretty in-character for who he's always been since his intro in Legion: mediator, wise elder, and generally down-to-earth as befits his choice of visage.
    Tbh, I kinda want the earth aspect to be Down to Earth. Pun intended, but for real also.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Mega Mythic Dungeon. Ok, cool and apparently....Iridakron?
    Im glad they seem to be saving Moruzond for a raid or future conflict. Seems Galakrond or Iridikron will be the final boss of the dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    This makes me wonder...is the Infinite stuff going to be handled for just this Megadungeon? Or is this going to a main focus throughout the expac?
    Tbh, I could be wrong here, but I think we will deal with the infinite mostly in this dungeon, and it will thread into 11.0 with the Infinites being the initial villain leading to a new threat as the final boss.

11.0, time travel expansion to Ancient Kalimdor? .1 or .2 end boss Moruzond. Would have to have way less dragons for sure, but a few or one tier in 11.0 wouldnt be too bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Blizzard should allow players to level in the current expansion. When the story is done they can keep leveling through WQs. The tech is there and they have been using it for a while. They just need one more step to get it right.

In such a way, a world revamp would be easier to do IMO, as all zones could be relevant to all players.
    Alternatively, scale it for new players (first character on account) so they actually end up at the level cap when finishing the current expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    So, it looks like Iridikron is probably going to eat some of Galakrond and become a Decay Monster to attack the Dream. I know this has been theorized several times but why else would Iridikron be here?

Soooooo.... Vyranoth? Maybe its a swerve and Vyranoth is the final boss after all?
    I think Vyranoth will be a major antagonist in 10.2, but I think its likely one of the incarnates survives and joins team titan and the aspects. Vyranoth is the most likely candidate for that imo. So maybe we fight her, but she realizes she was tricked by him and finds out mid raid or something. I seriously doubt they will Kill Iridikron in the dungeon. Unless they are tryuing to get rid of all the primalist incarnates by 10.2 so they can do Moruzond as the final tier in 10.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I think Vyranoth will be a major antagonist in 10.2, but I think its likely one of the incarnates survives and joins team titan and the aspects. Vyranoth is the most likely candidate for that imo. So maybe we fight her, but she realizes she was tricked by him and finds out mid raid or something. I seriously doubt they will Kill Iridikron in the dungeon. Unless they are tryuing to get rid of all the primalist incarnates by 10.2 so they can do Moruzond as the final tier in 10.3?
    The journal basically spoils that Iridikron is fine and escapes the dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Okay, this patch is neat. Not all of it is for me, because it's very Warlock and Evoker-oriented. But I'm still excited to check it all out.

I'm positive they'll sprinkle in some other stuff over time as well, not mentioned here.

What this does do, however, is make me even more excited for 10.1.7 and beyond. Because right now, making Paladins, Druids, and Shamans more available is almost a guarantee. We'll be hearing more about the World Tree, the Emerald Dream, and other stuff more up my alley. Can't wait!
    Yeah, I think its clear the World tree in the dream will be attacked by Vyranoth in 10.2. New patch zone the Emerald Dream. Beautiful lush forrests with contrasting arctic snow environments thrown in due to Vyranoth. Raid is us trying to save the tree, with some voidy stuff thrown in due to the nightmare coming back.

I think Vyranoth will learn about a deal iridikron made with the Void during the raid and will fly away mid fight leaving her alive. By 10.3.5 she will chose to join our side.

10.3 is Ancient Kalimdor mega zone similarly sized and in scale to Argus. Main villains, the infinite Dragonflight and Iridikron who didnt die in the 10.1.5 dungeon. 10.2.5 or .7 will feature a timewalking revamp with time related story content to ease us into the mega 10.3 time patch. 10.3 has us on ancient Kalimdor, and is the perfect time to introduce new Archeology as well.

- - - Updated - - -

From the ptr article. High rez Northrend would look sick.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the Infinite stuff should be expanded into future expacs, with DF being but a major part of it. Imagine them in the Domain of Order, fucking around with a Time area which is where Aman'Thul rules over the timeways or so lmao

That would be cool
    Yeah, either we are getting a massive time travel patch on the scale of Argus, or Infinite leads into a future expansion.

I'm confused by the journal entries for the new megadungeon. It sounds like Murozond is born at the end of the Iridikron encounter, but the Deios entry makes it sound like Murozond hasn't risen yet

I'm of the idea that the Infinites MAY be a patch, but as it stands, 10.2 seems to be on the cards for the Dream.

I really hope this is like Elune's area when they mean the Dream. I think there's so much they could do there.
    Imo 10.2 is obviously gonna be centered around the Greens and the Dream, with the new World Tree as the new zone. Vyranoth will likely feature as prominently in this patch as Fyrakk has in 10.1. Assuming Fyrakk doesn't die in the last chapter of 10.1 (would be lame af if a Primal Incarnate was killed in a quest), he and/or Vyranoth may be the final bosses of the new raid.

10.3 will focus on Iridikron and/or Murozond. Blizz could even have one of these baddies live to be the villain of 10.4, though it's unlikely Blizz would make DF last longer than 2 years since the sooner the next xpac is released, the more money they can make. If I could have it my way though, DF would be a 5 tier raid expansion, with a Dream raid as the 3rd tier, an Iridikron raid as the 4th tier, and a Murozond raid as the 5th tier.

I also hope a Vakthros megadungeon is released in 10.2.5 or 10.3.5. We still haven't seen what's inside of there, so that has to be addressed at some point. Not to mention that the Vakthros area seems to have gotten a bit too much design focus just to be a place where you do like 3 quests in at the end of the Azure Span. Maybe Vyranoth has something to do with it since it has all those ice spikes? I've heard speculation that it's a prison, though idk what that's based off of. If true, it would be cool if we could have a megadungeon in there where we fight powerful entities imprisoned by the Blues, with Chromatus as the final boss.

- - - Updated - - -

He is likely being born and whatnot, but maybe Murozond hasn't fully won the timeway BS yet til we get to Deios. It can end either with him winning and running away, or him losing and either Murozond escapes for a later patch/expac, or he gets cleansed right then and there.
    I'm hoping Murozond lives to see another day so that we can get a full-on Infinite Dragonflight raid. The megadungeon looks cool, but the Infinites really do deserve more love. They're one of the coolest dragonflights in the lore, and there's so much that can be done with them.

Not to mention that Murozond is a very useful tool to keep around in case Blizz wants to retcon some of the more questionable lore decisions in the last decade lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Sure, I'm not saying anyone is out of character - merely that the characters of Wrathion and Sabellian are annoying. Ebyssian, too, is pretty in-character for who he's always been since his intro in Legion: mediator, wise elder, and generally down-to-earth as befits his choice of visage.
    The issue is that this reflects well on Ebyssian only because it was done with that express purpose. Although Wrathion and Sabellian are not totally out-of-character, they are seemingly expressing themselves only at their worst and most absolutely insufferable; their portrayal within the context of the patch and its content seems to be specifically oriented around Blizzard being able to justify putting Ebyssian in power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    The issue is that this reflects well on Ebyssian only because it was done with that express purpose. Although Wrathion and Sabellian are not totally out-of-character, they are seemingly expressing themselves only at their worst and most absolutely insufferable; their portrayal within the context of the patch and its content seems to be specifically oriented around Blizzard being able to justify putting Ebyssian in power.
    Or justifying him as a kingmaker for less-storied character. Note his parting words to Emberthal after admonishing the quarrelling “brothers”: he tells her, not them, to lead the way. Quite literally, of course, but I believe it to be a very deliberate phrase. 10.1 has been a showcase of Emberthal’s leadership skills and she has been inserted into the black Aspect narrative for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Or justifying him as a kingmaker for less-storied character. Note his parting words to Emberthal after admonishing the quarrelling “brothers”: he tells her, not them, to lead the way. Quite literally, of course, but I believe it to be a very deliberate phrase. 10.1 has been a showcase of Emberthal’s leadership skills and she has been inserted into the black Aspect narrative for a reason.
    If Emberthal is chosen, it would really be the worst way to tie up this story in my opinion; whereas I somewhat dislike Ebyssian as a choice because he's fairly flat, it at least comes with the silver lining of subverting Blizzard's typical trope of having the young, plucky upstart upstage their older counterparts. Emberthal is not only wholly unsuitable for the position on a thematic level on account of being a Dracthyr, it also just doesn't strike me as a good way to continue the arc of the representative of a race that nobody wanted to begin with.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2023-05-12 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Am I the only one to think that the fact they added all these dragonriding races to the old world pretty much confirms a world revamp is dead at this point? Why would they bother implementing such a cool feature and awesome races for them to become irrelevant next expansion if they revamp the old world?
    You know I'd love it but I have zero expectations of a proper world revamp with a newly crafted world. I do however think that a world UPDATE is possible. They have created buildings that can be batched into the game to replace the old ones; it is entirely possible the same holds true for other major objects like trees. What needs to be done by hand is still important; applying new textures and placing doodads (though they have clusters built to speed the process). And beyond that, not a single race so far crosses zone borders. The ones in Kalimdor also weirdly all seem very specific to a single zone (and I say weird because most of those zones are so small so I wonder how much of a race you can get there). That would mean zone borders would likely stay (which is sad, I would so much prefer merging zones and eliminating certain borders) but they can do that much faster now by using premade blocks of cliffs.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-05-12 at 07:29 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, this patch update certainly confirmed a whole bunch of stuff we have been speculating. Poor demon hunter is back to being the only class with just two specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Well, this patch update certainly confirmed a whole bunch of stuff we have been speculating. Poor demon hunter is back to being the only class with just two specs.
    Honestly adding a support style spec tells me that they plan to add more specs. Most likely in 11.0, possibly even earlier. If Augmentation is a success (and having played it a bit and read through the abilities thoroughly I think it very much can work, though playing optimally in a raid will be very challenging) then they can't just have 1 support spec in the entire game. Either they are adding (e.g. Bard spec for rogues) or they are converting (e.g. Enchancement to support)

If we face iridikron from the past there's no way we are fighting current iridikron until like 11.0

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly adding a support style spec tells me that they plan to add more specs. Most likely in 11.0, possibly even earlier. If Augmentation is a success (and having played it a bit and read through the abilities thoroughly I think it very much can work, though playing optimally in a raid will be very challenging) then they can't just have 1 support spec in the entire game. Either they are adding (e.g. Bard spec for rogues) or they are converting (e.g. Enchancement to support)
    Split MW to
    Serpent: pure healing
    Crane: dps spreading buffs

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks like they accidentally spoiled who the black aspect is via Augmentation icons.
    https://twitter.com/Portergauge/stat...dp4CzWg6g&s=19

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Looks like they accidentally spoiled who the black aspect is via Augmentation icons.
    Yikes. Slow cow wins the race? I guess Aspects had to fit their racial diversity quota!

Not great, not terrible.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

I 100% support this choice, if it is indeed what's going to happen!

Yikes. Slow cow wins the race? I guess Aspects had to fit their racial diversity quota!
    Can I ask who would have been better in your opinion? Emberthal has been parachuted out of nowhere, Sabellian and Wrathion are as entitled and immature as one can be... I see no alternative?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Not great, not terrible.
    Perfectly mediocre, as all things should be.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Can I ask who would have been better in your opinion? Emberthal has been parachuted out of nowhere, Sabellian and Wrathion are as entitled and immature as one can be... I see no alternative?
    No aspects. Democratize power. The Aspects were objectively a failure. Why should so much power be concentrated on one person? Keep an Aspect as a leader of the flight but spread the power around to the entire flight, empowering them all (and perhaps that way fixing their sterility?)