Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Just saw the trailer, what's going on for every major NPC joining us in the ED?

There is Velen, Turalyon, Mekkanivelle, Thrall, Moira, Jaina, Rexxar, Thalyssra, Lor'themar, Baine, Mayla Highmountain, Khadgar etc

Is the retirement home closed or what ?
    I mean, the lack of important characters participating has been a recurring feedback point that people wanted changes to.

Also its kind of important to remember that both the Horde and Alliance have reasons to defend the tree and help the Night Elves deal with the assault on Amirdrassil.

(Also remember there has been a timeskip putting even more importance on everyone being there to help the Night Elves after the events of Teldrassil.)
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd47...orldofWarcraft

small trailer

Edit: this thread has been dead since the announcement. i guess many didn't really like it lol
    Yeah, I find it weird too. As I said before, this is probably only going to get worse as time goes on, because I do not think that TWW is coming before October 2024, and we only have 10.2.5 and 10.2.7 until then, right?

I am more positive about 11.0 now, just for Warbands and presumably Delves, I think that I will have a great time.

But regarding DF... 10.2.5 and 10.2.7 better have some really nice features or WoW is going to get a massive hit at its playerbase in the coming months.

My most wanted feature is a Timewalking (kind of) revamp. I just do not see players staying just for a few quests and presumably a new Brawler's Guild that everyone will finish pretty quickly.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bd47...orldofWarcraft

small trailer

Edit: this thread has been dead since the announcement. i guess many didn't really like it lol
    This happens basically every hype season post-announcement, especially if the thread gets hidden on a forum that isn't on the frontpage.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Yeah, I find it weird too. As I said before, this is probably only going to get worse as time goes on, because I do not think that TWW is coming before October 2024, and we only have 10.2.5 and 10.2.7 until then, right?

I am more positive about 11.0 now, just for Warbands and presumably Delves, I think that I will have a great time.

But regarding DF... 10.2.5 and 10.2.7 better have some really nice features or WoW is going to get a massive hit at its playerbase in the coming months.

My most wanted feature is a Timewalking (kind of) revamp. I just do not see players staying just for a few quests and presumably a new Brawler's Guild that everyone will finish pretty quickly.
    Brawlers Guild might have a pretty meaty launch, considering it is apparently supposed to be evergreen and something that is added to overtime. Think the Trading Post launch.

And yeah I noticed that this thread is hidden from the Front Page list.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post

I think many expected something more in terms of features from the announcement (myself included). Delves are nice but there isn't much more tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    This happens basically every hype season post-announcement, especially if the thread gets hidden on a forum that isn't on the frontpage.
    really? seems weird tbh. you'd think a cool announcement would encourage people to speculate more. i think tww is just midnight's waiting room ahah

10+ Year Old Account
    [url]Edit: this thread has been dead since the announcement. i guess many didn't really like it lol
    It'll revive in March+ when Alpha will be up

I think they definitely intended for some fans to go "yeah no I'm not playing until Midnight/TLT" and that's fine. They understand some themes aren't for everyone, and would rather be upfront instead of mystery box/hype culture that can lead to disappointment.

There's a good bunch of people that won't play until revamped Quel'thalas and that's fine. You aren't supposed to play every day or every expansion if you don't want to. But I think a lot of people will be more willing to try out expansions they don't love as much if they know it's building up to something they are looking forward to.

And we may really get yearly/year and a half expansions anyway.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I think people will be surprised on Thursday and we get some more activity back then. I definitely think TWW is just harder to be excited for because the "Oh hi Xal'atath" and Light fragment in Hallowsfall while it has potential is again just a vehicle for Midnight which we know is going to be a banger based on the hypothetical events of it (Same with TLT).

TWW just feels like we stumble upon Xal'atath and then waltzes off to Sunwell after but I feel that there is more to what will happen in TWW than just that but its hard to speculate on it because it is very unclear what else is in store.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

10+ Year Old Account

7+ Year Old Account
    you'd think a cool announcement would encourage people to speculate more.
    It does though.

It just isn't happening in here because people are now branching out into other threads.
    Like it always happens.

The speculation thread did its purpose, now we wait until the next patch for datamining or later for alpha datamining.

Formerly known as Arafal

I called that shit. Looks like it popped off on Reddit.

We will find out in Uldaz/the Core that they put a titan prison bubble around Azeroth's world soul so she would be force-fed Order.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I think they definitely intended for some fans to go "yeah no I'm not playing until Midnight/TLT" and that's fine. They understand some themes aren't for everyone, and would rather be upfront instead of mystery box/hype culture that can lead to disappointment.

There's a good bunch of people that won't play until revamped Quel'thalas and that's fine. You aren't supposed to play every day or every expansion if you don't want to. But I think a lot of people will be more willing to try out expansions they don't love as much if they know it's building up to something they are looking forward to.

i think the theme is fine. the zones also. but man, the content feels stale as fuck. as i said, the delves are fine, but the next expansion is again light of features. the allied race is boring and the warbands aren't exactly new content

- - - Updated - - -

It'll revive in March+ when Alpha will be up
    hope so

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, another gem from danuser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpGy...hannel=Wowhead

If they branch out to movies or tv series I REALLY hope they don't give it to some random screenwriter that only works on it because of brand association and it's actually someone competent from INSIDE Blizzard that wants to make it.

Oof, this looks rough. I don't see the point of these mediocre in-game cutscenes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Oof, this looks rough. I don't see the point of these mediocre in-game cutscenes.

A yes, Fyrakks final form: The Placeholder Cube.

Formerly known as Arafal

I actually like this a lot, but that shitty Genn model made me laugh. Don't they have a better one?

that was pure cringe lmao

those who made this cutscene should never make another one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    It will pick up steam even faster than Blizzcon around alpha time.

- - - Updated - - -

TWW was well recieved. It cinematic has been viewed nearly 65% as much as Dragonflight in only 4 days, meanwhile Dragonflight cinematic has been out for 19 months.

It will almost surely sell more than DF did.

Also their upvote/downvote ratio are wildly different.

DF is sitting at about a 55% approval ratio. TWW is sitting at 89%

- - - Updated - - -

i think tww is just midnight's waiting room ahah

Thats probably true. I think Midnight and The last Titan will be a lot more popular. People love the void and Quel'thalas. They also LOVE Northrend. I wouldn't be surprised if TLT brings subs back to Legionish numbers for a while on hype alone. Of course we will probably never get player counts or engagement metrics again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post

Thats true. I look at TWW as a super Hero origin movie. People groan at them at this point even though they usually have some interesting stuff in them. What people are wanting is the cool stuff and later films. Thats whats coming in MN and TLT.

- - - Updated - - -

So they put Azeroth in a stasis? Either to protect her or to keep her contained for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Thats probably true. I think Midnight and The last Titan will be a lot more popular. People love the void and Quel'thalas. They also LOVE Northrend. I wouldn't be surprised if TLT brings subs back to Legionish numbers for a while on hype alone. Of course we will probably never get player counts or engagement metrics again
    from the interviews seems like they're saving many things for midnight while tww was already work in progress and is just a stepping stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    It will pick up steam even faster than Blizzcon around alpha time.

- - - Updated - - -

TWW was well recieved. It cinematic has been viewed nearly 65% as much as Dragonflight in only 4 days, meanwhile Dragonflight cinematic has been out for 19 months.

It will almost surely sell more than DF did.

Also their upvote/downvote ratio are wildly different.

DF is sitting at about a 55% approval ratio. TWW is sitting at 89%
    TWW is riding on the coattails of Midnight and TLT.

Most people will buy TWW because they want to see the set-up for Midnight and TLT, which are the expansions that generate actual hype.

Look Online, the vast majority of people are hyped for Midnight and TLT, not for TWW.

Announcing all three expansions at the same time is a strategic move to reassure people that TWW isn't filler and will connect to two climactic expansions.
    The illustrious Alliance of Stormwind is driven by tradition, nobility, and faith. They are staunch defenders of justice and duty who protect the realm of Azeroth against any aggressors, including the savage Horde. In a time when chaos and uncertainty reign, the Alliance remains steadfast in its determination to illuminate the darkest corners of the world and preserve order in Azeroth.
    — Blizzard Entertainment