Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    from the interviews seems like they're saving many things for midnight while tww was already work in progress and is just a stepping stone.
    There was a big implication from Holly Longdale that there are some new game features that they're really, really excited about coming down the line. This is a really exciting few years for WoW fans.

Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    There was a big implication from Holly Longdale that there are some new game features that they're really, really excited about coming down the line. This is a really exciting few years for WoW fans.
    Either Holly is a big Naga/Ethereal fan or she is talking about Housing. No idea what else it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Oof, this looks rough. I don't see the point of these mediocre in-game cutscenes.

Well, it was good until Alexstrasza's allies appeared. How long will we have to wait to have another Gul'dan killing someone important?

If Fyrakk crashed Alexstrasza's skull this cinematic would be the best one ever.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Well, it was good until Alexstrasza's allies appeared. How long will we have to wait to have another Gul'dan killing someone important?
    Hopefully not too soon. Don't get people's obsession with wanting characters to die. It's just a lame excuse to not have to write them in the story anymore. Varian's death was nothing but bad.

Oof, this looks rough. I don't see the point of these mediocre in-game cutscenes.
    Fyrakk is a literal nobody with 0 lore.

If Blizzard wanted to rip-off Avengers: Endgame, they could have at least chosen a villain people actually care about.

This kind of cinematic was more fitting in an expansion like Legion, BfA, or even Pre-9.2 Shadowlands (when Sylvanas was the villain at the forefront); you know, expansions that had villains that people actually cared about.

As it stands now, this cute rip-off of Avengers Endgame is wasted because no one really cares about Fyrakk, while the Avengers Endgame scene worked because people cared about Thanos.
    The illustrious Alliance of Stormwind is driven by tradition, nobility, and faith. They are staunch defenders of justice and duty who protect the realm of Azeroth against any aggressors, including the savage Horde. In a time when chaos and uncertainty reign, the Alliance remains steadfast in its determination to illuminate the darkest corners of the world and preserve order in Azeroth.
    — Blizzard Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    I'm assuming they are coming to, ya know, help save the world. We can probably use any reinforcements we can get
    And then they will do nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post

If Fyrakk crashed Alexstrasza's skull this cinematic would be the best one ever.
    Cleaved an arm off at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Hopefully not too soon. Don't get people's obsession with wanting characters to die. It's just a lame excuse to not have to write them in the story anymore. Varian's death was nothing but bad.
    Creating a situation where a character ONLY lives because the villain wanted to monologue is even lamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Creating a situation where a character ONLY lives because the villain wanted to monologue is even lamer.
    Well then they should avoid doing that instead. No need to swap that kind of scenario with one where a character dies.

Varian's death was quite epic and heroic IMO. Also, there are some characters that were so epic and nowadays are so lame, that it is just better to put them out of their misery, at the very least: Alexstrasza, Nozdormu, Sylvanas, Tyrande, Malfurion, Malfurion, Malfurion, and Malfurion again.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or a Bond movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Either Holly is a big Naga/Ethereal fan or she is talking about Housing. No idea what else it could be.
    I think Housing in some form is definitely one of those "big feature" candidates, but I'll be excited to see what they come up with regardless. I'm very positive for the direction they're going!

Guys, outside of the Nelf story, Blizz isn't taking this expansion that seriously. It's ok.

How many cliches do you want in your cinematic?

Blizzard writers: Yes
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    TWW is riding on the coattails of Midnight and TLT.

Most people will buy TWW because they want to see the set-up for Midnight and TLT, which are the expansions that generate actual hype.

Look Online, the vast majority of people are hyped for Midnight and TLT, not for TWW.

Announcing all three expansions at the same time is a strategic move to reassure people that TWW isn't filler and will connect to two climactic expansions.
    True, but I do think TWW looks decent in and of itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    I think Solo dungeons, raids and bg modes is one thing they are thinking about. Maybe not pvp, but for sure pve instances. I think it would be great to turn lfr into a 5 man pve queue. If you have 2 friends in a group, you queue for it and it will put 2 npc with you for instant queues. Also lets the mechanics be more teachable. LFR should have two goals. 1. to train you on the fights. 2. To see the story. IMO of course.

Is this the first time they've announced an expansion and not revealed the capital city/hub city?

Is this the first time they've announced an expansion and not revealed the capital city/hub city?
    Fairly certain they announced the main hub to be the Earthen capital.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

from what i understand the new zones are in succession and not spread like usual. if the new hub isn't in the middle, travelling around khaz algar is going to be a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    How many cliches do you want in your cinematic?

Blizzard writers: Yes
    I'm actually surprised she didn't say "Dragonflights!..... assemble."

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    from what i understand the new zones are in succession and not spread like usual. if the new hub isn't in the middle, travelling around khaz algar is going to be a pain in the ass.
    It looks to be a spiral downwards.

1+ Year Old Account
    The Capital city is on the Isle of Dorn which is the "top level" zone.

. Should've been used against Iridikron or just feature the Dragons.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."