Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    It looks to be a spiral downwards.
    it's the same pretty much lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    The Capital city is on the Isle of Dorn which is the "top level" zone.
    if you're right reaching the lower zones is going to be annoying

I'd assume there must be a way to get up from Azj Kahet. I'd make something like a lava tube with a constant upward current leading back to the Isle of Dorn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    if you're right reaching the lower zones is going to be annoying
    At dragonriding speeds? And honestly, I usually just clear objectives in one zone then move to the next one. So we will be doing something similar. I think the issue is too obvious for them to not have a solution for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Fyrakk is a literal nobody with 0 lore.

If Blizzard wanted to rip-off Avengers: Endgame, they could have at least chosen a villain people actually care about.

This kind of cinematic was more fitting in an expansion like Legion, BfA, or even Pre-9.2 Shadowlands (when Sylvanas was the villain at the forefront); you know, expansions that had villains that people actually cared about.

As it stands now, this cute rip-off of Avengers Endgame is wasted because no one really cares about Fyrakk, while the Avengers Endgame scene worked because people cared about Thanos.
    Agreed. That person should've been N'zoth or Argus.. or hell wait until Xalatath in the next expansion. Void, Legion, Scourge are the big 3.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd assume there must be a way to get up from Azj Kahet. I'd make something like a lava tube with a constant upward current leading back to the Isle of Dorn.

- - - Updated - - -

At dragonriding speeds?
    There is also the possibility of stuff like the zones not being layered directly on top of each other in succession.
    Maybe the entrance to Hallowfall is a quarter of the way into the ringing deeps, with a different entrance further into the Ringing deeps going directly to Azj'Kahet.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

1+ Year Old Account
    From the main expansion website, the Isle of Dorn is the home of the new capital city. https://thewarwithin.blizzard.com/en-us/

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Is this the first time they've announced an expansion and not revealed the capital city/hub city?
    I believe it is Dornogal, the Earthen city on the Isle of Dorn.

1+ Year Old Account
    Additionally, it was mentioned in one of the panels, "What's Next," I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

At dragonriding speeds? And honestly, I usually just clear objectives in one zone then move to the next one. So we will be doing something similar. I think the issue is too obvious for them to not have a solution for it.
    it's not about the speed. it's the fact that if i want to reach the nerubian zone from the main hub i have to go through all the other zones. but yeah, i agree with you. they will probably offer us a way to reach said zones faster

it's not about the speed. it's the fact that if i want to reach the nerubian zone from the main hub i have to go through all the other zones. but yeah, i agree with you. they will probably offer us a way to reach said zones faster
    Why do you assume you have to go through all the zones?
    For one, I imagine that Dornogal will be close to the border between the Isle of Dorn and the Ringing Deeps, so that is one zone you will almost certainly not have to get through.
    Then there is the very likely possibility that the Ringing Deeps has passages to both Hallowfall and Azj'Kahet. Probably even fairly high up.

It hardly seems unreasonable to expect players to go through half a zone to get to a different one.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Well, it was good until Alexstrasza's allies appeared. How long will we have to wait to have another Gul'dan killing someone important?

If Fyrakk crashed Alexstrasza's skull this cinematic would be the best one ever.
    Very edgy. Not sure why people want all the heroes to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    How many zones did you have to fly through to reach Dalaran in Northrend? I'm tired of overly designed round continents that always have the city in the same place.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    I think Housing in some form is definitely one of those "big feature" candidates, but I'll be excited to see what they come up with regardless. I'm very positive for the direction they're going!
    Housing and Carpentry make sense for 12.0 imo. Lots of empty land and trees to cut down in Quel'thalas. Seems very rustic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    How many cliches do you want in your cinematic?

Blizzard writers: Yes
    Yeah, theres nothing wrong with that cinematic. Fyrakk was right to run away. There are some heavy hitters there. Jaina, Thrall, Alex, and Khadgar alone could probably beat him. He barely even monologued. He has a huge grudge against her. You would monologue too. I know I would.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Is this the first time they've announced an expansion and not revealed the capital city/hub city?
    They did announce it in the Whats Next panel. Its a Dwarven/Earthen City much like Ironforge only more titanic.

- - - Updated - - -

from what i understand the new zones are in succession and not spread like usual. if the new hub isn't in the middle, travelling around khaz algar is going to be a pain in the ass.
    I imagine there are ways to get into each zone from most.

You have to go down to the first underground zone, but then you can travel into the next one pretty quickly, and there is probably a tunnel to the last one close to the 2nd underground zone entrance. Plus going down is fast. Prob 2 mins at most to get to any zone. Thats nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Agreed. That person should've been N'zoth or Argus.. or hell wait until Xalatath in the next expansion. Void, Legion, Scourge are the big 3.
    People in this thread and online were praising him weeks and months ago. Hes more popular than the Jailer or Sylvanas as a villain, thats for sure.

Hes no less popular or well known than the thunder King Pre book.

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda like in Northrend when you have to go through 1-3 zones to get to others? Its not an issue. The fact that thats a major concern for you means that Blizzard is doing something right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    How many zones did you have to fly through to reach Dalaran in Northrend? I'm tired of overly designed round continents that always have the city in the same place.
    Yeah lots of complaining about very small or non issues in here today. The usual suspects. Might dip until closer to Alpha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah lots of complaining about very small or non issues in here today. The usual suspects. Might dip until closer to Alpha.
    I did the briefest amount of skimming and all I saw was people insulting cutscenes and bitching about the game. Exactly what I come to a fansite and hype thread for >.>
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Yeah, theres nothing wrong with that cinematic. Fyrakk was right to run away. There are some heavy hitters there. Jaina, Thrall, Alex, and Khadgar alone could probably beat him. He barely even monologued. He has a huge grudge against her. You would monologue too. I know I would.
    Lets see:

The super cliche "Iam not alone" *heroic music starts playing as the ally/allies of the hero show up* - moment.

The pathetically obvious Endgame - rip off, but without any build-up.

And then theres also the hilarious fact that his relationship with Alexstrasza isnt mentioned in the game AT ALL. The fact that hes her cousin, taught her how to hunt, and has a bigger grudge against her specifically. Nowhere in the actual game is any of that even mentioned, let alone in this cinematic. Nobody who didnt read the book would know any of that. Not you, not anyone. This is their first real interaction in the game.

Oh, and no. None of those characters you mentioned could beat him 1on1. He was aspect-level even before he consumed shadowflame - and is now very much above that. The one thing that is true is that he could not fight all of those people at once, so him running is logical. Except hes supposed to be the big, threatening villain. This patch is supposed to be his big moment. But hes already running even before the fckn raid starts. Thats not how you present the final boss of the xpac in the final patch.

If you cant see how much is wrong with this cinematic, and why basically everyone on every site is calling it goofy, then thats a you problem.
    Last edited by Houle; 2023-11-08 at 02:26 AM.
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

This setup even makes that easier. Start at the Isle of Dorn, work your way down to Ajz-Kahet, Hearth back to Dornogal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of cinematics. I have more of a problem with this one than the other.

We lack the strength to stop him. Please. You have all the aspects there, mind you less powerful, but still extremely powerful dragons. You also have Vyrannoth there who is nearly on the same scale as Fyrakk. They should be able to beat him. If the aspects beat Galakgrond without Aspectral powers they can beat Fyrakk, but whatever.

Speaking of cinematics.They should be able to beat him. If the aspects beat Galakgrond without Aspectral powers they can beat Fyrakk, but whatever.
    I don't think Fyrakk is stupid enough to hold open his mouth and let them drop a rock in.

The next expansion unironically needs to have a super long lift from the top to the bottom if you don't want to fly through, but it'll take time, and you will have to progress through the zones to establish footholds to make it safe to use the lift to access them. After the train was cut from WoD I'm desperate for more things like this.

I noticed there was a sale on for WoW character services...

Just introduce a Battle Pass, already, will you.

Subscription Tier 1

• Access to all versions of World of Warcraft
    • 500 Tenders a month

Subscription Tier 2

• Access to all versions of World of Warcraft
    • 1000 Tenders a month
    • Monthly levelling speed boost token
    • Character services are free (with limits), doesn't include character boosts

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I don't think Fyrakk is stupid enough to hold open his mouth and let them drop a rock in.
    I think people forget about that part
    I do wish we got galakrond and chromatus Visage forms