1. #57921
    Y'all are waaay too stuck on thinking Horde vs Alliance. Not only have the systems of the game been moving away from that with cross faction grouping and cross faction guilds. But the story is pretty clearly moving away from that, at least for now. It was also heavily criticized in BFA since we literally always end up joining forces to beat the big bad anyway and that was like the third time just in wow they've done that story. Midnight is supposed to be as close as the void gets to victory on Azeroth, but you really think theyll hesitate to make Silvermoon the neutral Capital when its under assault by a third party? Like they hesitated with Dalaran? Lor'themar was also one of the driving forces in getting the Alliance and Horde to work together again during BFA anyway. If it means saving the Sunwell or even all of Azeroth with the stakes they set at Blizzcon, the blood elves wouldn't hesitate to let the Alliance hang with them while they fight the void. Story wise it doesn't even have to mean it becomes a purely neutral city accepting of everyone anyway once Midnight is over with.
    Last edited by Treegdar; 2023-11-09 at 03:30 PM.

  2. #57922
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Amirdrissal in the Plains because accessing a zone in a Dragonflight expac via portal is dumb.
    Epilogue Questline
    Tyr and the Gang fight Alexstraza
    Vyranoth still bad
    Amirdrassil was planted in the Dragon Isles: It's 100% going to appear where the zone portal is. Then I expect it to share its space with Quelthalas & Lordaeron when Midnight comes out, if it being in the rest of the world is even a priority: It's essentially just an RP zone. It's never going to be a real hub.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Probably because they take some major client changes to pull off. It may not seem like much to you, but it's likely not that easy on the technical side.
    That's suddenly too much to do in a x.x.x patch? 11.0 is a year away. I'm expecting 2 pretty beefy minor patches at the very least.

  3. #57923
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Amirdrassil was planted in the Dragon Isles: It's 100% going to appear where the zone portal is. Then I expect it to share its space with Quelthalas & Lordaeron when Midnight comes out, if it being in the rest of the world is even a priority: It's essentially just an RP zone. It's never going to be a real hub.
    Unless that's part of 10.2.5 content. Why bother with hiding spoilers if the tree appearing isn't a big deal?

    It could be a mini zone like Forbidden Reach.

  4. #57924
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Yeah but they didn't unlock the racial druid forms for everyone. Race fantasy is dead if they homogenize everything, you'll just get Super Fire Totem etc.
    I do wish they were more focused on race identity than class identity, because ironically they're basically opposite things. So much so that they actually removed Demon pet forms? Did anyone want that? Those Heroic Talent trees sound so homogenous. And giving Druid 4 options while giving Demon Hunters 2 feels like trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    One-patch unlocks for Shaman/Druid/Paladin are a bad thing for anyone who cares about their totems, forms and charger mounts being unique.

    Id you don't care about those, it's whatever, but they are 100% getting homogenized otherwise.
    I know they've been putting it off a really long time, but is developing a few models really take that long? They add dozens of those every patch.

  5. #57925
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Yeah but they didn't unlock the racial druid forms for everyone. Race fantasy is dead if they homogenize everything, you'll just get Super Fire Totem etc.
    Im fine with them updating Racial Totems (Defaults) then giving us alot of options to pick from in a menu. Honestly its pathetic that I cannot tell what my totems are supposed to be as a Wildhammer.

  6. #57926
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Unless that's part of 10.2.5 content. Why bother with hiding spoilers if the tree appearing isn't a big deal?

    It could be a mini zone like Forbidden Reach.
    I think Amirdrassil is going to be a part of future DF content and beyond regardless, without going into spoilers for still unavailable campaign chapters, they are definitely setting it up as a major point of interest going forward.

  7. #57927
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    One-patch unlocks for Shaman/Druid/Paladin are a bad thing for anyone who cares about their totems, forms and charger mounts being unique.

    Id you don't care about those, it's whatever, but they are 100% getting homogenized otherwise.
    If, BIG IF, that happened I'm sure it'd only be temporary and they'd gradually release the new mounts and.totems.

    I'd be fine with a universal paladin charger that all races share as long as all races eventually have their own as well.

    Same.thing with totems, could even be a barber options to switch between racial and shared totems.

  8. #57928
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I think Amirdrassil is going to be a part of future DF content and beyond regardless, without going into spoilers for still unavailable campaign chapters, they are definitely setting it up as a major point of interest going forward.
    That could make people happy. If they could somehow turn flying over the water into a hidden loading screen it would make sense for Amirdrassil to be 12.0's hub & the islands ranging between Suramar, Silvermoon & the Sunwell being full island nation of Quelthalas.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-11-09 at 03:42 PM.

  9. #57929
    Epic! Pheraz's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Feralas, Mount Hyal, Quel'Danil Lodge
    Posts
    1,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    .

    Shadowlands had a lot of problems but at least the ending was an ending. It had a definitive conclusion. There's a decent chance we're going to go 4 expansions without a proper climax.
    100% agree. SL had a very questionable theme and travel ideas and system horror in the first two patches but even if I was annoyed by sylvanas pretending to play 5d chess I actually really wanted to know what happens next. dF story is so incredibly boring and weird and scattered and friendship is magic that I totally lost interest in "the end". Fyrakk is okay. But that's it.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

  10. #57930
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I think Amirdrassil is going to be a part of future DF content and beyond regardless, without going into spoilers for still unavailable campaign chapters, they are definitely setting it up as a major point of interest going forward.
    Its fairly obvious what's going to happen with the tree Imo, just opening up the world map in current content, but I'm curious about how the tree will be used or what shape it will take on versus its appearance in the dream.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That could make people happy. If they could somehow turn flying over the water into a hidden loading screen it would make sense for Amirdrassil to be 12.0's hub & the islands ranging between Suramar, Silvermoon & the Sunwell being full island nation of Quelthalas.
    Yeah no, I'm sure they will tie the Nelves into Midnight somehow but Amirdrassil wouldn't be part of the Quelthalas zone because it's too far away.

  11. #57931
    You know what bugs me?

    So once the tree blooms we're going to have two copies like we do with dalaran?

    Unless lore wise, amirdrassil will have a dream projection after it blooms? Isn't that the case for the other world trees too?

  12. #57932
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    That could make people happy. If they could somehow turn flying over the water into a hidden loading screen it would make sense for Amirdrassil to be 12.0's hub & the islands ranging between Suramar, Silvermoon & the Sunwell being full island nation of Quelthalas.
    They can just have it be a terrain phase for the Dragon Isles similar to how stabbed Silithus is a terrain phase for Kalimdor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Its fairly obvious what's going to happen with the tree Imo, just opening up the world map in current content, but I'm curious about how the tree will be used or what shape it will take on versus its appearance in the dream.
    Yeah, fair enough, but I try not be in the business of straight up spoiling shit anymore (Blizzard does a good enough job there already in 10.2....). I can't say I've looked in detail as to figure out if the tree changes appearance, that will remain to be seen.

  13. #57933
    Am I misremembering things, or did I read somewhere that once Amirdrassil pops into our world, the Ohn'ahran plains would be updated to be more like the Emerald Dream zone?

  14. #57934
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Am I misremembering things, or did I read somewhere that once Amirdrassil pops into our world, the Ohn'ahran plains would be updated to be more like the Emerald Dream zone?
    The version of Ohn'ahran in the Emerald Dream zone (or well, part of it) has had several updates to make it look like an untouched Emerald Dream version of it, I don't really expect that to transfer into the regular game world.

  15. #57935
    the only interesting thing this week was the 10.2.5 announcement and they removed it. boring boring boring

  16. #57936
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    the only interesting thing this week was the 10.2.5 announcement and they removed it. boring boring boring
    To be fair, the 10.2 deployment appears to have taken far more effort on their end than they had expected so 10.2.5 PTR might have just been pushed to next week due to that, maybe they'll mention it during the WoWCast tomorrow. I'm still keeping an eye out this week regardless, things do be brewing.

  17. #57937
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Yeah no, I'm sure they will tie the Nelves into Midnight somehow but Amirdrassil wouldn't be part of the Quelthalas zone because it's too far away.
    Is it? Technically Quel'thalas is built upon the remnants of the Highborne empire post-Sundering & that includes every island & ruin between the Sunwell & Suramar. And Amirdrassil is directly north of that whole region.

    It's as if Quel'thalas is the Mediterranean & Amirdrassil is Rome.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-11-09 at 03:58 PM.

  18. #57938
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Is it? Technically Quel'thalas is built upon the remnants of the Highborne empire post-Sundering & that includes every island & ruin between the Sunwell & Suramar. And Amirdrassil is directly north of that whole region.
    It would be really cool if we could just dragonride from Amirdrassil to Quel'thalas. Maybe one day.

  19. #57939
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    To be fair, the 10.2 deployment appears to have taken far more effort on their end than they had expected so 10.2.5 PTR might have just been pushed to next week due to that, maybe they'll mention it during the WoWCast tomorrow. I'm still keeping an eye out this week regardless, things do be brewing.
    the 10.2 release was also full of bugs despite the ptr. idk what's going on with them. they seem to be struggling

  20. #57940
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    The version of Ohn'ahran in the Emerald Dream zone (or well, part of it) has had several updates to make it look like an untouched Emerald Dream version of it, I don't really expect that to transfer into the regular game world.
    Ah, okay. That might be it, then.

    Because for the life of me, I just can't see how Amirdrassil just popping into the Ohn'ahran plains will make it feel remotely like an appropriate home for the Night Elves.

    Green hills.
    Wind-swept cliffs.
    A general theme that invokes memories of Nagrand, Desolace, etc.

    The home of the Night Elves needs forests, and preferrably enchanted ones. Not just a single tree.

    Hopefully, Amirdrassil just ends up being a fancy cottage that lets you teleport to various nature-themed zones like the Emerald Dream, Ashenvale, etc., or it has a single portal in its midst that leads to a Night Elf-exclusive little instance which is a wild forest no one else can reach.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •