Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I think Amirdrassil is going to be a part of future DF content and beyond regardless, without going into spoilers for still unavailable campaign chapters, they are definitely setting it up as a major point of interest going forward.
    That could make people happy. If they could somehow turn flying over the water into a hidden loading screen it would make sense for Amirdrassil to be 12.0's hub & the islands ranging between Suramar, Silvermoon & the Sunwell being full island nation of Quelthalas.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-11-09 at 03:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post

Shadowlands had a lot of problems but at least the ending was an ending. It had a definitive conclusion. There's a decent chance we're going to go 4 expansions without a proper climax.
    100% agree. SL had a very questionable theme and travel ideas and system horror in the first two patches but even if I was annoyed by sylvanas pretending to play 5d chess I actually really wanted to know what happens next. dF story is so incredibly boring and weird and scattered and friendship is magic that I totally lost interest in "the end". Fyrakk is okay. But that's it.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

I think Amirdrassil is going to be a part of future DF content and beyond regardless, without going into spoilers for still unavailable campaign chapters, they are definitely setting it up as a major point of interest going forward.
    Its fairly obvious what's going to happen with the tree Imo, just opening up the world map in current content, but I'm curious about how the tree will be used or what shape it will take on versus its appearance in the dream.

- - - Updated - - -

That could make people happy. If they could somehow turn flying over the water into a hidden loading screen it would make sense for Amirdrassil to be 12.0's hub & the islands ranging between Suramar, Silvermoon & the Sunwell being full island nation of Quelthalas.
    Yeah no, I'm sure they will tie the Nelves into Midnight somehow but Amirdrassil wouldn't be part of the Quelthalas zone because it's too far away.

You know what bugs me?

So once the tree blooms we're going to have two copies like we do with dalaran?

Unless lore wise, amirdrassil will have a dream projection after it blooms? Isn't that the case for the other world trees too?

They can just have it be a terrain phase for the Dragon Isles similar to how stabbed Silithus is a terrain phase for Kalimdor.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Its fairly obvious what's going to happen with the tree Imo, just opening up the world map in current content, but I'm curious about how the tree will be used or what shape it will take on versus its appearance in the dream.
    Yeah, fair enough, but I try not be in the business of straight up spoiling shit anymore (Blizzard does a good enough job there already in 10.2....). I can't say I've looked in detail as to figure out if the tree changes appearance, that will remain to be seen.

Am I misremembering things, or did I read somewhere that once Amirdrassil pops into our world, the Ohn'ahran plains would be updated to be more like the Emerald Dream zone?

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Am I misremembering things, or did I read somewhere that once Amirdrassil pops into our world, the Ohn'ahran plains would be updated to be more like the Emerald Dream zone?
    The version of Ohn'ahran in the Emerald Dream zone (or well, part of it) has had several updates to make it look like an untouched Emerald Dream version of it, I don't really expect that to transfer into the regular game world.

the only interesting thing this week was the 10.2.5 announcement and they removed it. boring boring boring

Quote Originally Posted by Zebir95 View Post
    the only interesting thing this week was the 10.2.5 announcement and they removed it. boring boring boring
    To be fair, the 10.2 deployment appears to have taken far more effort on their end than they had expected so 10.2.5 PTR might have just been pushed to next week due to that, maybe they'll mention it during the WoWCast tomorrow. I'm still keeping an eye out this week regardless, things do be brewing.

Yeah no, I'm sure they will tie the Nelves into Midnight somehow but Amirdrassil wouldn't be part of the Quelthalas zone because it's too far away.
    Is it? Technically Quel'thalas is built upon the remnants of the Highborne empire post-Sundering & that includes every island & ruin between the Sunwell & Suramar. And Amirdrassil is directly north of that whole region.

It's as if Quel'thalas is the Mediterranean & Amirdrassil is Rome.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-11-09 at 03:58 PM.

Is it? Technically Quel'thalas is built upon the remnants of the Highborne empire post-Sundering & that includes every island & ruin between the Sunwell & Suramar. And Amirdrassil is directly north of that whole region.
    It would be really cool if we could just dragonride from Amirdrassil to Quel'thalas. Maybe one day.

To be fair, the 10.2 deployment appears to have taken far more effort on their end than they had expected so 10.2.5 PTR might have just been pushed to next week due to that, maybe they'll mention it during the WoWCast tomorrow. I'm still keeping an eye out this week regardless, things do be brewing.
    the 10.2 release was also full of bugs despite the ptr. idk what's going on with them. they seem to be struggling

The version of Ohn'ahran in the Emerald Dream zone (or well, part of it) has had several updates to make it look like an untouched Emerald Dream version of it, I don't really expect that to transfer into the regular game world.
    Ah, okay. That might be it, then.

Because for the life of me, I just can't see how Amirdrassil just popping into the Ohn'ahran plains will make it feel remotely like an appropriate home for the Night Elves.

Green hills.
    Wind-swept cliffs.
    A general theme that invokes memories of Nagrand, Desolace, etc.

The home of the Night Elves needs forests, and preferrably enchanted ones. Not just a single tree.

Hopefully, Amirdrassil just ends up being a fancy cottage that lets you teleport to various nature-themed zones like the Emerald Dream, Ashenvale, etc., or it has a single portal in its midst that leads to a Night Elf-exclusive little instance which is a wild forest no one else can reach.

Ah, okay. That might be it, then.

Because for the life of me, I just can't see how Amirdrassil just popping into the Ohn'ahran plains will make it feel remotely like an appropriate home for the Night Elves.

Green hills.
    Wind-swept cliffs.
    A general theme that invokes memories of Nagrand, Desolace, etc.

The home of the Night Elves needs forests, and preferrably enchanted ones. Not just a single tree.

Hopefully, Amirdrassil just ends up being a fancy cottage that lets you teleport to various nature-themed zones like the Emerald Dream, Ashenvale, etc., or it has a single portal in its midst that leads to a Night Elf-exclusive little instance which is a wild forest no one else can reach.
    It's pretty logical, now that we see the Saga, that the reason the tree is in the Dragon Isles despite all the complaints is because Kalimdor isn't going to be touched by the devs or story for 3+ expansions and they didn't want to postpone the tree or plant it somewhere irrelevant.

When Kalimdor comes back they will probably add a Nelf city or area to it, but maybe not. Still think Hyjal will be important.

It would be really cool if we could just dragonride from Amirdrassil to Quel'thalas. Maybe one day.
    That's why I'm a little bummed the Incarnates didn't cause another sundering-like event. They could have just redrawn the maps entirely. The Original Azeroth is a completely unknown geography considering the Titans were just scooping up landmasses & hiding them in pocket dimensions. Knowing that I was expecting Vyranoth to unlock the elemental planes, helheim, Thros, etc. the same way the Dragon Isles were.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2023-11-09 at 04:06 PM.

It's pretty logical, now that we see the Saga, that the reason the tree is in the Dragon Isles despite all the complaints is because Kalimdor isn't going to be touched by the devs or story for 3+ expansions and they didn't want to postpone the tree or plant it somewhere irrelevant.

When Kalimdor comes back they will probably add a Nelf city or area to it, but maybe not. Still think Hyjal will be important.
    Maybe. I suppose the Isles will remain the default levelling experience for a while. I can't see Khaz Algar or an updated Quel'thalas replacing it.

But there are still ways around that. Like I said for example, they could have built a Night Elf city inside the Emerald Dream. I guess they still might be doing that. You know, how the Druid order hall was kept in a corner of Val'sharah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Any recent theories about that big revealation about Titans from Metzen announcement?
    Grab tin-foiled hats, we come to speculation time!
    Can it be that Titans are not Order aligned from start, its just Aman'Thul is infusing them with Order magic? Like other titans, aside Norgannon are not seems order-aligned.
    Khaz - is more fire/earth elemental being than Order being.
    Eonar - more Life above everything.
    Golganneth - Air/Water elemental being.
    Aggrammar and Sargeras - they like warriors than Order. Maybe Spirit-ones?
    Or even Sargeras is Fel World Soul from the start. But was turned into Order being. And his "corruption" is like returning to his "roots"?
    Aggramar can be Light aligned from the start. It can explain why Tyr is Light-based, or Light-using.

Could it be that Titans are not some Pantheon of Order, and just be most powerfull beings in material Universe, and Order via Aman'Thul just usurb others to Order reign?
    I mean they did imprison azeroth

1+ Year Old Account
    <tinfoil>

Metzen returned little over a year ago. Everybody realised his ideas were better, and the narrative they had intended for the next few years blew.

They abandoned a lot of the stuff being set up early in Dragonflight, and instead honed in on the future Void and Titans story arcs. Dumped a few books in the Forbidden Reach and the Emerald Dream to build things up a little bit in terms of Khaz Algar, the Harbinger, etc.

Hastily duct taped together some of Fyrakk's storyline as the main antagonist of Dragonflight, before pivoting to War Within.

Rest of Dragonflight lets us dabble with Tyr's storyline, level new Paladins, Shamans and maybe Druids, and finally go nuts in the final season before pre-patch begins in late summer.

That's why we're getting seemingly two filler expansions in a row with Dragonflight and War Within. They needed to buy time and properly set up the big Void confrontation.

</tinfoil>
    That would actually makes a lot of sense.

It's a shame to see the dragons effectively get the N'zoth/black empire treatment though. As much as I've enjoyed most of Dragonflight, I think I would have preferred to see the individual flights get a little more of the spotlight in the major content patches at the least.

How do you suppose they are going to go from end of Amirdrasil raid to 11.0 without any major content patches story wise?

Next week as the announcement disappeared from today. What's odd is that they said PTR was this week at Blizzcon, so why did they decide to change it? Did they forget it would spoil the raid?
    Could be something completely different, maybe one of the vendors found a major bug in some graphic update they were planning and it would fry our gpus if it went up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Because that's how you get a messed-up abomination like BfA that stiched up together 3 different expansion settings (South Seas + Nazjatar + Ny'alotha) and ended up rushing all three of them.

You can easily set that "B plot" stuff with Scourge remnants and Scarlet Crusade in Quel'Thalas.

An expansion with only Quel'Thalas will 10000% have better lore than an expansion with both Quel'Thalas and Lordaeron.
    A part of me thinks Lordaeron will be somewhat involved since the Light’s forces are scattered throughout. They have the Scarlet Crusade, Tyr’s hand, and Calia. I’m sure there’ll be inner conflict.

Midnight isn’t just the void, but I also don’t think it’ll lean hard into Light v Void. That will probably be the central plot point for post-Worldsoul (with Void Lords remaining a threat).