Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Stat Squish confirmed for Midnight.

Also confirmed we're not going to the past in Midnight and TLT. I guess they added that question because a lot of people were still confused about it.
    We all call it the old world so often but for people who don't dwell on forums I guess it is not a common term?

Ion just said they want to keep the iconic old world vibrant and relevant. We'll probably get more revamps beyond TLT.

Stat Squish confirmed for Midnight.

Also confirmed we're not going to the past in Midnight and TLT. I guess they added that question because a lot of people were still confused about it.
    + definitive confirmation that they'll remagine Quel'thalas in the modern game, and expand it. Nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Well not casually, it was probably planned
    Maybe. Ion seemed eager to shut the lid on it though.

Merely a Setback Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    This explains why Ysera described the Dream as being "created by the Titans" if its actually a dimension that encompasses the entire universe where life originates before it passes into the Material plane.
    It is actually touched on briefly that Yesra starts to figure out the dream soon after they get there powers and doesn’t know much of any thing about it.

So it’s not unlikely she was told next to nothing about it beyond “titans did it”.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Ooh, did Morgan Day just casually pre-announce a new feature called Azerothian Archives?
    Is that what I think it is? (still watching)

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Ooh, did Morgan Day just casually pre-announce a new feature called Azerothian Archives?
    Excited for this. For how they talked about it is probably coming in 10.2.5. I hope that it is a step into a Journal feature. Guessing that it is a tab in which we collect Lore books around the world. Hopefully a bestiary too.

Sounds fun. Just give me an excuse to explore old content.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    What did he say so I don't get excited that we get a Lore Tab.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Got to say, I have to play SoD. It seems so interesting. Imagine if it had updated models . . .
    Just finding it impossible to decide what to play.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-11-10 at 07:14 PM.

Ok so he didn't really explain much about what it might be. I wonder if it's like the encyclopedia feature FFXIV added in the latest expansion where you can look up names of persons or terms of important stuff like "the black empire" or "the war of the shifting sands" and have a couple of paragraphs of lore about it, in game.

Ion just said they want to keep the iconic old world vibrant and relevant. We'll probably get more revamps beyond TLT.
    Personally I never cared about Loading screens, but they seem to be obsessed with the notion of the entire planet being seamless. This might be part of that. If they can get past the technical limitations, it might be possible to fly from The Dragon Isles to The Broken Isles over Quel'thalas by the end of Midnight. And Probably be able to circumnavigate all of Azeroth by 16.0

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Personally I never cared about Loading screens, but they seem to be obsessed with the notion of the entire planet being seamless. This might be part of that. If they can get past the technical limitations, it might be possible to fly from The Dragon Isles to The Broken Isles over Quel'thalas by the end of Midnight. And Probably be able to circumnavigate all of Azeroth by 16.0
    That'd be wild. Instead of a "fatigue" bar you get a "sonic boom" buff and you start flying at 4-5 times the speed you normally would with dynamic flying.

Wonder what talents will look like come Midnight/The Last Titan
    They added Hero Talents as a way from preventing the current trees getting bloated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Got to say, I have to play SoD. It seems so interesting. Imagine if it had updated models . . .
    Just finding it impossible to decide what to play.
    They should just go the D2R with Classic. Enable update graphics with a Toggle option.

1+ Year Old Account
    If nothing else its worth noting that Overwatch Content Plan had a Overwatch Lore "thing" on its schedule and well maybe this Azerothian Archives is the equivalent for WoW?

If it is I'd be extremely happy but if not, oh well.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsamane View Post
    Wonder what talents will look like come Midnight/The Last Titan
    They added Hero Talents as a way from preventing the current trees getting bloated.
    I expect they add a random amount of new Hero Talent sets (that name is so confusing. I'd rather they called them Hero Specializations) each expansion. It's either that or they extend the existing Hero Talent trees....but at that point it would be wild to balance three full interchangeable talent trees.

Not to mention, anyone guessing they're adding another DH spec before 11.0? Considering they're designed to have multiple options, giving Druid 4 but Demon Hunter 2 seems like a cruel joke. There's no reason for there to be a specific number of these.

Is that what I think it is? (still watching)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    What did he say so I don't get excited that we get a Lore Tab.
    Ok so he didn't really explain much about what it might be. I wonder if it's like the encyclopedia feature FFXIV added in the latest expansion where you can look up names of persons or terms of important stuff like "the black empire" or "the war of the shifting sands" and have a couple of paragraphs of lore about it, in game.
    If nothing else its worth noting that Overwatch Content Plan had a Overwatch Lore "thing" on its schedule and well maybe this Azerothian Archives is the equivalent for WoW?
    I think it would be smart if they combined a bunch of related UI panels into one, with tabs. Similar to the Adventure Guide but more focused on past deeds and lore, rather than content you could be doing next.

So bring over the three tabs Achievements, Guild, and Statistics.

But also add something like...

> Heroic Deeds - your major achievements, like completing the entire storyline of Dragonflight and all its related content
    > Azerothian Archives - a lore book that grows over time as you explore Azeroth, complete content, collect in-game items and books, etc.

Preferrably, there's also some place in Ironforge or wherever, where NPCs will guide you along this system. Perhaps a seasonal vendor with nice loot, or a massive tome in which they'll log your deeds and grant you some currency perhaps, or cosmetics.

Extra credits if portions of the Archives are narrated. For example a lengthy chapter about the creation of the Dragon Aspects, and somebody narrates it (optionally).

1+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if the Narrator of the Starting Zones could narrate that, would be really cool.

But hell, time to wait and see what it is before we overhype it beyond belief.

Oh my, they're thinking of continuing the Shade of Eranikus gem questline.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine if the Narrator of the Starting Zones could narrate that, would be really cool.
    Which one? The Classic-Cata one sadly passed away a few months ago.

1+ Year Old Account

Well, that sucks.

Oh well, Azerothian Archives could be a Gameplay system/location too. So best to just wait and see what it actually is.

How about a few choices.

For example, Jaina Proudmoore could be one available narrator if you like the voice of Laura Bailey.