7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    On the topic of a potential world revamp, can anyone think of a zone which is basically a modern version of Elwynn? I'm struggling.

Because if there isn't one, that's pretty crazy. Elwynn represents the quintessential fantasy experience. Human players who are drawn to that setting basically have nowhere to go, heh.
    There isn't a perfectly analogous one, but Arathi is pretty much Elwynn just stripped of most of its trees.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Well, if you want to use that logic, the rest of the Cosmology is an installation of the First Ones. Of course, the Zereths are the workshops, but still.

And we have a bigger idea than you think. The implication seems to be that the Dream is Elune's Realm, and that the Titans (or at least the Keepers, more specifically Keeper Freya) simply attuned Azeroth and its soul/dreams with the Emerald Dream for said Blueprints to occur.
    Yes, it is. I'm not sure what you're trying to get at, but that's a perfectly accurate description.

Also, that's just repeating what i said while overestimating the degree of certainty we have on that information. We don't actually know any of that. Most of it is just vague guesses or unverified and often conflicting stories.

Just saw the questline for the Infinite dungeon, its very much lighthearted shenanigans with Chromie leading up to the dungeon opening. Maybe it's a smokescreen for what happens in the dungeon itself, but maybe its a sign that Noz actually makes it out intact?

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    On the topic of a potential world revamp, can anyone think of a zone which is basically a modern version of Elwynn? I'm struggling.

Because if there isn't one, that's pretty crazy. Elwynn represents the quintessential fantasy experience. Human players who are drawn to that setting basically have nowhere to go, heh.
    Nothing really similar. Closest thing in my opinion would be Stormsong if it had more trees.

That said, Avaloren sounds like something very traditional fantasy. So maybe that will evoke some Elwynn vibes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Just saw the questline for the Infinite dungeon, its very much lighthearted shenanigans with Chromie leading up to the dungeon opening. Maybe it's a smokescreen for what happens in the dungeon itself, but maybe its a sign that Noz actually makes it out intact?
    I think its entirely possible we see some type of reformed infinites after whatever unfolds in the dungeon. Isn't that the whole reason their Oathstone began working again?

I think that the Dream patch will feature both the Red and Green flights, and will have a Sun and Moon duelling theme. The Sun stuff may be Light oriented or it may just be the Sun.

Couple of things pointing to the Sun/Light thing...

- A reintroduction of Moon AND Sun theme for Night Elves that started with their old racial. The new Moonsaber and Warden sets have both Solar and Lunar tints. Nelves have barely had any sun stuff until recently, to the point that people started getting mad about the solar tints (wtf no they are moon only etc)

- The Priest set is themed after Alex, but includes light wings and and a halo

- The datamined Green Dragons Finery includes Blue and Yellow tints

- The Sun Cat shop mount has a sunny light theme and will likely appear this expansion as a regular creature

- Some light stuff seems inevitable after a patch with shadow and void

- Alex and Ysera are sisters, so they may mirror that with Ysera and Elune vs Alex and ??? (Tyr? Anshe? both seem to have an affinity for Light)

We have green forest zones and blue forest zones tied to the Dream already, so a summer themed area would make sense next as well.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-05-13 at 03:49 PM.

Also saw this post from an artist. They really are retooling the concept of the Void to make sure it's distinct from the Black Empire.

https://twitter.com/ez_wizard/status...xvHZHFljvN8ivg

Its been known for quite a while that void is not just old gods. Just like Death is not just skeletons/light blue crap. We saw that in shadowlands.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also saw this post from an artist. They really are retooling the concept of the Void to make sure it's distinct from the Black Empire.

This makes me want more spell effects customization.

Imagine a green fire questline but for priests, and the reward is these spell effects for Shadow to replace the regular ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Its been known for quite a while that void is not just old gods. Just like Death is not just skeletons/light blue crap. We saw that in shadowlands.
    Even for Old Gods, their powers manifests differently.

Y'shaarjs influence and the sha manifest very very different to the void powers of the other 3.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    This makes me want more spell effects customization.

Imagine a green fire questline but for priests, and the reward is these spell effects for Shadow to replace the regular ones.
    Its kind of criminal there's never been an alternative visual for shadowform considering priests are stuck with it. I always hoped there would be a more bluish tint like that concept art of the Void or maybe something with white tones mixed in, like the Sha.

Maybe if we ever get MT 2.0 its something they can consider.

It is aesthetically-impressive. I am hoping to see an option for Shadow Priests to embrace this more sidereal approach to the Void.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Its kind of criminal there's never been an alternative visual for shadowform considering priests are stuck with it. I always hoped there would be a more bluish tint like that concept art of the Void or maybe something with white tones mixed in, like the Sha.

Maybe if we ever get MT 2.0 its something they can consider.
    Ye, even the tiniest bit of customization shadow did get (Glyph of Shadow ravens), they ended up removing instead of repurposing.

A Sha, Shadowflame, Cosmic form would be sweet.
    Or even a more heavy red toned one to go with the Black Empire aesthetic.

Formerly known as Arafal

If 11.0 is a Void vs Light expansion after all, I wonder if they would give the Light a vfx update as well.

Perhaps softer, less yellow visuals that don't fatigue the eyes. As an added bonus maybe it could be worked in with expanding paladins to other races.

Quote Originally Posted by Utsuko View Post

It's just insane.
    These effects are some of the most beautiful in the whole game.
    I would see a new class on the theme of Cosmic Void (nothing to do with shadow priests).
    I went to see what he did and this gentleman is doing excellent quality work. Congratulations to him.

He clarified that all these spells are in the game, but that the development team uses them according to their need.
    The integration of a new identity to the Void is largely explicit evidence that the Void will be involved in some way in the next expansion on Avaloren.
    I'm just realizing some of the words used here... FAILED potential is interesting, as is Jazz. Jazz would make a lot of sense as a music form attached to Void (due to all the improvisation) but AFAIK that hasn't happened before.

- - - Updated - - -

If 11.0 is a Void vs Light expansion after all, I wonder if they would give the Light a vfx update as well.

Perhaps softer, less yellow visuals that don't fatigue the eyes. As an added bonus maybe it could be worked in with expanding paladins to other races.
    I think part of it will definitely be making the Light both hues of yellow and white light. Maybe a final confirmation that Elune's astral magic is a branch of the Light.

You're calling it vague guesses in regards to the Dream though, and it's just...not that. We DO have an understanding. The only assumption stands in regards to what it fully means in regards to the Titans and their utilization of the Dream. Hell, what part of the Dream have we explored so far? Has it just been the Titan influenced, Azeroth attuned dream? Or have we explored the Dream beyond that, but we just haven't much of it fully yet? Idk.
    We only saw a small fraction of the Titan influenced Dream. We do not have a significant understanding of it at all, and i'm not sure where you even get the idea that we would. We barely even scratched the surface.

I'm not sure where you're getting the connection to Elune, either. There's no buildup to that whatsoever, especially in SL and DF. The tree is in the Dream because it is the most Life attuned place reachable from Azeroth, not because it has anything at all to do with Elune.

The Zereths don't seem to serve any other purpose than generatic the Cosmic realms, from what we've seen so far, so no, they aren't. You attributing random stuff to them does not make it so. They are very advanced and large scale automated factories, but they aren't anything beyond that.

You're not using a term purely out of emotional reasons, even though all that does is confuse the discussion. That's not a valid grounds. You're also injecting far to much of your headcanon into the discussion.

10+ Year Old Account
    11.0 about Titan stuff...MORE TITANS
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Ooh. I've always liked the void and all but honestly really hated the general Old God aesthetic (aside from a few specific things like most of Xal'atath's appearances). So have them more separate now is nice.

Light and Void being 11.0 is too early imo.
    I can understand your feeling but I don't think that's the case. I seem to remember before Shadowlands someone asked Ion in an interview if it was the last WoW expansion. He said no, they had at least 3 more expansions planned. To me with Shadowlands being the intro to the cosmic arc it signaled that it was meant to be concluded within 4 expansions. Likely one for each opposing force and finale for the hypothetical 7th force.

Of course this was years ago at this point and plans change, but I still don't we are far off from the void vs light conflict. They sort of wrote themselves into a corner going into this and there's not many avenues to explore otherwise unless Dragonflight goes a completely different direction by its end.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Ooh. I've always liked the void and all but honestly really hated the general Old God aesthetic (aside from a few specific things like most of Xal'atath's appearances). So have them more separate now is nice.
    I am hoping, although its terribly unlikely, that they give shadow priests an option to avoid the Old God aesthetics if they choose. It was never part of the original class fantasy and feels forced upon the spec. I would love if it the spec goes back into a more generic state where its up to the players to decide if they are a soul priest, or a mad cultist or a void worshipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    They planned for the 3 expansions doesn't mean its the end, its just how much they got done.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I am hoping, although its terribly unlikely, that they give shadow priests an option to avoid the Old God aesthetics if they choose. It was never part of the original class fantasy and feels forced upon the spec. I would love if it the spec goes back into a more generic state where its up to the players to decide if they are a soul priest, or a mad cultist or a void worshipper.
    Does the current iteration of Spriest have overt Black Empire aesthetics if you don't choose Surrender to Madness or the Old God traits?

I would like a version of Shadowform that is more celestial.

Yeah yeah I know. My point is that Light and Void ain't one of them.
    Turalyon and Alleria are brought back in Legion and Alleria AUTOMATICALLY becomes Void while the Child of Light and Void prophecy is brought up, which is passed down to Arator. Turalyon then becomes Alliance Warchief two expansions later, seemingly for "no reason" considering he skips out on SL and DF.

You sure Light and Void wasn't being planned in Legion?
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2023-05-14 at 01:29 AM.