Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    It’s the archaeology revamp we’re been promised and still miss
    Not really, but has simalarities and overlaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    Iridikron will last until The Last Titan, no chance he dies before the Titans come back imo.
    But I also don’t think Xal will die in TWW, or rather I hope she doesn’t. I want to see more of her before we get rid of her, same for Iridikron tbh.
    I'm hoping for the same thing but I feel that the last titan will shift completely in terms of foe we need to face

I will be insanely surprised if the Amani aren't a helpful faction in 11.0 and potentially an AR as well. They will probably get a whole zone and hub to space out the Elf/Human theme of North Lordaeron.

The biggest wildcard is the the status of the Plaguelands and whether or not they will even be in the expansion.

Reminder that the Amani didn't lift a finger against Arthas and the Scourge because they wanted to see the Elves suffer, and they thought that was more important than stopping the tide of Death and corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Reminder that the Amani didn't lift a finger against Arthas and the Scourge because they wanted to see the Elves suffer, and they thought that was more important than stopping the tide of Death and corruption.
    You mean an indigenous people didn't want to throw their bodies in front of the unstoppable force who's expressed goal was to destroy the civilization that was trying to push you off your land for 1000 years?

They had literally no reason to fight the scourge. You forget an "existential threat" is only obvious to the audience, not the people who are living inside this fantasy setting who lack an all-encompassing perspective.

Also Talanji coming back in TWW (spoiled, unless its a placeholder which I doubt) makes sense if we recruit Amani in Midnight and Drakkari in TLT.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Also Talanji coming back in TWW (spoiled, unless its a placeholder which I doubt) makes sense if we recruit Amani in Midnight and Drakkari in TLT.
    Idk if thats an indication, she could literally just be there, since they havent used her much after bfa.

I do hope zul aman and that zone gets a update and be relevant. Its a cool zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Telogrus View Post
    We know the Nerubian Queen is the final boss of TWW’s first raid tier, but who do you guys see being the final bosses of the other two raid tiers? Seems like there’s some Light fanatics in Hallowfall, so I’d like a Light-themed mid expansion raid. Would be a nice breather from all the Void-focused villains we’ll be getting. Seeing as how Xal’atath is called the “Harbinger”, it would make sense that she’s the final boss of TWW, leading into Midnight
    I am hoping we will keep descending deeper as the expansion goes on. My guess is we will continue to keep chasing Xal'atath deeper into Azeroth as the expansion goes on until we confront her

Raid 1 - Nerub'ar Palace / Queen Ansurek
    Raid 2 - This could be anything but I am hoping they keep with a classical underground fantasy theme
    Raid 3 - I think we will stumble upon an underground area where the Black Empire is still thriving and have the final confrontation with Xal'atath

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I am hoping we will keep descending deeper as the expansion goes on. My guess is we will continue to keep chasing Xal'atath deeper into Azeroth as the expansion goes on until we confront her

Raid 2 - This could be anything but I am hoping they keep with a classical underground fantasy theme
    Raid 3 - I think we will stumble upon an underground area where the Black Empire is still thriving and have the final confrontation with Xal'atath
    I think Raid 3 will be directly underneath Silithus and the Chamber of Heart, there is a road there that the Earthen use but is abandoned. Feels like set up to eventually use it.

Raid 2 will be some kind of filler/minor story and I assume it will be tied to the Arathi. But it could be a big swerve like Undermine.

I will be insanely surprised if the Amani aren't a helpful faction in 11.0 and potentially an AR as well. They will probably get a whole zone and hub to space out the Elf/Human theme of North Lordaeron.

The biggest wildcard is the the status of the Plaguelands and whether or not they will even be in the expansion.
    I still stand by that the expansion will take place north of the Thandol Span, as that is both the best firm line to draw, and also has everything you could need in an expansion.
    A faction hub for both Alliance and Horde if Quel'thalas is hostile for whatever reason. Scarlet Crusade if you want to reuse the Hallowfall assets. Plaguelands for a clear B-plot to end the whole Arthas thing. A place for Trolls to have a storyline outside just Zul'Aman if you go to the Hinterlands.
    It's even a perfect size for an expansion if you want to remake everything. With zones that are optional in regards to how broad you want to go. Arathi Highlands being on account of already having been revamped, or easily useable if you want a storyline with the old promise Arathor made to the High Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Raid 3 will be directly underneath Silithus and the Chamber of Heart, there is a road there that the Earthen use but is abandoned. Feels like set up to eventually use it.

Raid 2 will be some kind of filler/minor story and I assume it will be tied to the Arathi. But it could be a big swerve like Undermine.
    I would not be shocked if the expansion lasts a year, with the big instances being two raids and a megadungeon. My guess being the Nerubian raid, then a Hallowfall megadungeon, followed by wherever the road the Earthen are guarding leads for the final raid.
    Silithids is a possibility as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if the mosnters the Arathi are fighting from across the sea are in fact Aqir from the hives beneath Silithus.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Kind of agree with an Undermine possibility in Raid 2, but it'd have to tie into the story really well.

Also agree on Raid 3. It would be so sick to have a part of the raid be descending down the chips and cracks of Gorribal and fighting hordes of XYZ baddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Telogrus View Post
    There could be a troll raid in Midnight.

Gnolls are too unserious of a threat. It would feel like filler
    True, but they're (the gnolls) the only known race we've met so far that actually uses Decay magic (which is different from Death magic) and it isn't hard for them to learn how to use decay magic.

Yeah good point that we don't know if there's going to be 3 raids for certain. I don't think there has to be. While there's nothing to prove for it numerically, just based on social media, I get the feeling people care less and less about raids/dungeons in general. And Blizz already hinted at faster expansions while not feeling like they could confirm what that means, which I think implies shorter expansions than DF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    True, but they're (the gnolls) the only known race we've met so far that actually uses Decay magic (which is different from Death magic) and it isn't hard for them to learn how to use decay magic.
    Nathrezim have been using it since day one (WC3). That's their locust stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You mean an indigenous people didn't want to throw their bodies in front of the unstoppable force who's expressed goal was to destroy the civilization that was trying to push you off your land for 1000 years?

They had literally no reason to fight the scourge. You forget an "existential threat" is only obvious to the audience, not the people who are living inside this fantasy setting who lack an all-encompassing perspective.
    This post contradicts itself immediately.

This poster claims that the "Amani knew that the Scourge was unstoppable", but then they claim that the Amani "did not know from their perspective that the Scourge was an existential threat".

It just goes to show you how impossible it is to defend the Amani and how futile it is to die on that hill. Any "argument" you can hope to find in defence of the Amani is guaranteed to be inconsistent and full of holes.

- - - Updated - - -

No we don't know that she'll come back. As you said, for all we know it's a placeholder. It's way too early to take for granted that Talanji will appear.

Either way, if the Amani in Midnight become Playable, they will be a Neutral race, so that the Alliance can get the Troll model like the Horde got the Dwarf model.

Yeah good point that we don't know if there's going to be 3 raids for certain. I don't think there has to be. While there's nothing to prove for it numerically, just based on social media, I get the feeling people care less and less about raids/dungeons in general. And Blizz already hinted at faster expansions while not feeling like they could confirm what that means, which I think implies shorter expansions than DF.

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine it will be easier to figure out whether the next expansion will be shorter, or the usual length depending on how elaborate the Fated Season is this time around. The one we got in DF was nice, but was far from a proper season, and definitely isnt going to pass muster as a replacement for a full season of content.
    DF has the benefit in this regard in that it can easily be 18 months and put WoW releases back on track for late Summer/early Autumn expansion release. I very much doubt that future expansion can do the same and end up with an expansion release 6 months earlier than the previous one, which would mean either cut it back further to twleve months, or have something worth our time to keep the usual 24 month expansions.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Btw has anyone managed to log into the "release candidate" PTR? Cause I've tried with multiple characters to no luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Early on when the Gnoll-Decay arc came up I suggested that there are probably many demons left all over Azeroth since the Legion invasion and a Nathrezim maquerading as a gnoll or otherwise to raise an army and destabilize things is very much what they'd do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Early on when the Gnoll-Decay arc came up I suggested that there are probably many demons left all over Azeroth since the Legion invasion and a Nathrezim maquerading as a gnoll or otherwise to raise an army and destabilize things is very much what they'd do.
    Using decay magic as a way to reintigrate both a Scourge-like group and the Legion is a really cool idea. Doesn't have to be Legion/Wrath world ending threats, but condensed power cells that pose a large threat only due to the fact that they possess a dangerous magic that can be misused by a larger threat, i.e. Iridikron and Xal/Void. Plus it's a cool way to make things feel very similar to WC3 enemies without resetting the power scale.

I'd assume that if we are to revisit the Scourge it will be tied to either some Scourge remnant (e.g. some of the original San'layn are still missing) or possibly Helya (who should be back in Helheim and might be involved in any plot going forward).

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Personally I hope 11.1 will be something completely different, something like Tel'Abim zone and then return to underground and core of Azeroth raid with Xalatath as final boss.

I would fully expect the last raid to be at the core of the planet in some Titan facility.
    The second one could be anything but I assume it will have something to do with the light crystal in Harrowfall.

And I hope that if this time they go for just three raid tiers, they consider making some smaller raids on the side.