1. #59941
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Really looking forward to it, because as of now 2024 seems a very weak year for WoW until TWW releases (presumably in the fall).
    Dunno about that, 3 patches for DF, SSF for Hardcore, 3 more chapters for SoD, Cata Classic, TWW Alpha that may start as early as March since we have vendor build already.. plenty of spotlight on WoW before TWW pre-patch.

  2. #59942
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Dunno about that, 3 patches for DF, SSF for Hardcore, 3 more chapters for SoD, Cata Classic, TWW Alpha that may start as early as March since we have vendor build already.. plenty of spotlight on WoW before TWW pre-patch.
    Yeah, if you play all kinds of Warcraft you will be more than fine. I was talking about Retail WoW, though.

    I am positive overall about the content that is coming, but 10.2.5 seems a really small patch. Although it is fair to say that we do not know yet what Gilneas and the new Azethorian Archives will entail. I am expecting some quests and just another kind of world event similar to Fyrakk's Assaults, Time Rifts... But I hope that they are more than just that.

    Regarding the two remaining patches, I am expecting, as I said before:

    - Outdoor Timewalking and hopefully something else within this particular system.

    - Brawler's Guild revamp (could be cool but I do not expect it to be a big feature).

    - New race / class combinations.

    - New allied race.

    - New spec (honestly it would be the best moment to introduce a new one since we are not getting a new raid tier).

    This is a best case scenario IMO for Retail WoW until TWW releases. I would be more than happy with this but I think that the majority of players would not stick around for just these features.

    Just look at the activity in this forum, it has dropped dramatically, even if we got some juicy stuff just a few days ago (patch 10.2.6 and TWW PTRs).
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  3. #59943
    I am Murloc! Auxis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    5,009
    I hope they explore the underground ocean in the Arathi zone (can't recall what its called exactly right now; Hallowfall?).

    Iirc they describe a series of encroachments upon Hallowfall by creatures from the ocean. Possibly creatures made as a result of the giant crystal's sudden fluctuations? Given the crystal is directly above the ocean and all. Would also be interesting to go inside the crystal, I can imagine it being like a Nauru dimensional ship but tuned up to 500%.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  4. #59944
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I hope they explore the underground ocean in the Arathi zone (can't recall what its called exactly right now; Hallowfall?).

    Iirc they describe a series of encroachments upon Hallowfall by creatures from the ocean. Possibly creatures made as a result of the giant crystal's sudden fluctuations? Given the crystal is directly above the ocean and all. Would also be interesting to go inside the crystal, I can imagine it being like a Nauru dimensional ship but tuned up to 500%.
    Personally I would guess that the ocean roughly corresponds to the ocean above, and that the enroaccmwnts are in fact Aqir from the hives beneath Silithus and Ahn'Qiraj
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  5. #59945
    We also don't know what we're going to get for the next two patches after 10.2.5.

  6. #59946
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I hope they explore the underground ocean in the Arathi zone (can't recall what its called exactly right now; Hallowfall?).

    Iirc they describe a series of encroachments upon Hallowfall by creatures from the ocean. Possibly creatures made as a result of the giant crystal's sudden fluctuations? Given the crystal is directly above the ocean and all. Would also be interesting to go inside the crystal, I can imagine it being like a Nauru dimensional ship but tuned up to 500%.
    I thought the implication was that it was the Nerubians in battle with the Arathi, as an ease into Azj-Kahet. I could be wrong, it would be cool for them to lay the foundations for further enemies in the zone stories, similar to the Sundered Flame.

  7. #59947
    Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    I thought the implication was that it was the Nerubians in battle with the Arathi, as an ease into Azj-Kahet. I could be wrong, it would be cool for them to lay the foundations for further enemies in the zone stories, similar to the Sundered Flame.
    That is possible for sure. Though I guess it's hard to say without actually seeing the map. Personally I would hope it isnt just the nerubians though, feels a bit redundant when the zones will likely be linked by tunnels anyways.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  8. #59948
    It was mentioned that the Nerubians are launching attacks against the Arathi, but the attacks that happen at night when the crystal turns dark are from some horrific deep sea creatures, not the Nerubians. One of the deep sea creatures is called a kobyss and it's a skeletal anglerfish-looking thing. Based on the name alone it sounds like they're mutated kobolds with lures instead of candles.

  9. #59949
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiel View Post
    It was mentioned that the Nerubians are launching attacks against the Arathi, but the attacks that happen at night when the crystal turns dark are from some horrific deep sea creatures, not the Nerubians. One of the deep sea creatures is called a kobyss and it's a skeletal anglerfish-looking thing. Based on the name alone it sounds like they're mutated kobolds with lures instead of candles.
    Good call. To give us a quick look, these cosmetics from the Delves show a Kobyss skeleton on the end:

  10. #59950
    ... maybe the idea is to tie the Kobolds to Arathi somehow as they always have a LIGHT on their head? I got nothing.

  11. #59951
    I am Murloc! Auxis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    5,009
    Bots don't even be trying anymore, I stg.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  12. #59952
    I am Murloc! Auxis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    5,009
    Lovely, it's noticed I exist.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  13. #59953
    I am Murloc! Auxis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    5,009
    No mods seem to be online either (from checking all of the ones listed under the forums). This should be fun..
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  14. #59954
    Quote Originally Posted by Well Done Steak View Post
    10.2.7 better fucking have paladins for all races.

    10.0.7 had monks for everyone so it can happen.

    Tyr quest line is the biggest blue ball ever for more paladin races.
    I'm pretty sure Paladin is the class that'll reach all races last. Maybe tied with Demon Hunter and Evoker. Maybe.

  15. #59955
    I am Murloc! Auxis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    5,009
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Paladin is the class that'll reach all races last. Maybe tied with Demon Hunter and Evoker. Maybe.
    I'd say Druid's would probably come last. I honestly doubt DHs and Evokers will ever come to all races, I think the intent would be all classic classes to all races first. And druids have, by far, more model work than Paladins: bear and cat form with 4 or so colourations each and a default Moonkin form.
    Paladins need a mount model. Granted the mount is probably going to be more detailed than the druid forms. And shaman is a single totem model with 4 elements slapped on.

    Of course, they could also surprise us and give us all 3 of those classes (due to the increased staff in the dev team) at the same time to wrap up DFs story: Primalists are parallel to new Shamanism teaches amongst new races; new Paladins are enlisted by Tyr's Guard; and Wild Gods probably will spread teachings of Druidism now that the Dream is safe and far more accessible to adventurers.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  16. #59956
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I'd say Druid's would probably come last. I honestly doubt DHs and Evokers will ever come to all races, I think the intent would be all classic classes to all races first. And druids have, by far, more model work than Paladins: bear and cat form with 4 or so colourations each and a default Moonkin form.
    Paladins need a mount model. Granted the mount is probably going to be more detailed than the druid forms. And shaman is a single totem model with 4 elements slapped on.

    Of course, they could also surprise us and give us all 3 of those classes (due to the increased staff in the dev team) at the same time to wrap up DFs story: Primalists are parallel to new Shamanism teaches amongst new races; new Paladins are enlisted by Tyr's Guard; and Wild Gods probably will spread teachings of Druidism now that the Dream is safe and far more accessible to adventurers.
    There is literally no reason why DH's should stay only locked to two races, especially with Midnight coming up, which may be enough of a tread for the Illidari to finally recruit other races to their cause. There is already a human dh in lore, and Earthen can become DK's too, so the "hero class" argument isn't holding up.

    Evoker though will prolly stay Dracthyr only, but I could see Blizzard opening up the visages to other races as a compromise.

    #TEAMGIRAFFE

  17. #59957
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,196
    "(Article) A Look Ahead from the World of Warcraft Team"

    So looks like 2024 roadmap is tomorrow.

  18. #59958
    didnt expect any new War Within info before christmas but hey!

    previews of the San'layn, Chronowarden, Lightsmith and Mountain Thane hero specs


    https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...oKMUZthyxIZ4IQ

  19. #59959
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,761
    And they're starting to show us some talents trees from TWW, things are gonna speed up a bit after the holidays

  20. #59960
    Roadmap tomorrow?

    (Article) A Look Ahead from the World of Warcraft Team

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •