1. #6081
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Oh you are right! Damn, there goes the naming scheme staying consistent
    Well, we never know, there may be a similarity between Antorus and Uldorus. At least I think it would be a shame if they didn't do more with Tyrhold, it's a cool place.
    MMO Champs :

  2. #6082
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Anyone can be made a threat with the right McGuffin. I mean if you find a way to give Nightsquall the Orb of Dragonkind.
    Pretty much.

    Nightsquall being in control of several artifacts he’s discovered around the world could easily present him as a threat. Control over dragons. undead, ifrit, sea creatures etc. Have all that backed up with an enormous fleet that eclipses the combined forces of the Horde and Alliance. Present him in a way similar to Euron Greyjoy from the ASOIAF books - cruel, manipulative, intelligent, a practitioner of dark magics. He could easily be an expansion worthy antagonist, it’s just whether Blizzard have the capabilities to write a compelling villain in this sense.

    I think a lot of folk in this thread are looking at how pirates have previously been presented in WoW, such as Freehold, Flynn, Harlan, Bloodsail etc and just think of them as whimsical. A Euron Greyjoy or even Davy Jones style pirate lord could absolutely be a compelling enough threat.

  3. #6083
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd agree but Survival says hi
    Survival has always been a DPS spec, even if they change It from ranged to mele. And honestly I do not see survival as a support spec. Discipline priest I can, for example.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  4. #6084
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    They would not change existing specs into supports ones. There are people that enjoy those specs, It would provoke unnecessary backlash. I see new specs happening, though.
    They retool the specs every expansion. Also Enhancement and Discipline already lean in support’s direction. Obviously Enhancement would still be DPS and Disc would still heal, but they would lean more towards buffing fellow players.

    I would add a Mage spec to the mix as well, since they have a bloodlust variant. Arcane maybe?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2023-05-19 at 10:07 AM.

  5. #6085
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Survival has always been a DPS spec, even if they change It from ranged to mele. And honestly I do not see survival as a support spec. Discipline priest I can, for example.
    I think the more obvious choice is Enhancement

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Well, we never know, there may be a similarity between Antorus and Uldorus. At least I think it would be a shame if they didn't do more with Tyrhold, it's a cool place.
    I'd assume we will see more of what it does when we wake Tyr up which may happen as early as 10.1.7

  6. #6086
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Pretty much.

    Nightsquall being in control of several artifacts he’s discovered around the world could easily present him as a threat. Control over dragons. undead, ifrit, sea creatures etc. Have all that backed up with an enormous fleet that eclipses the combined forces of the Horde and Alliance. Present him in a way similar to Euron Greyjoy from the ASOIAF books - cruel, manipulative, intelligent, a practitioner of dark magics. He could easily be an expansion worthy antagonist, it’s just whether Blizzard have the capabilities to write a compelling villain in this sense.

    I think a lot of folk in this thread are looking at how pirates have previously been presented in WoW, such as Freehold, Flynn, Harlan, Bloodsail etc and just think of them as whimsical. A Euron Greyjoy or even Davy Jones style pirate lord could absolutely be a compelling enough threat.
    So we go from the Legion, to N’Zoth, to the Jailer, to Murazond, to…….. Blackbeard?

    Ehhhhh…….

  7. #6087
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So we go from the Legion, to N’Zoth, to the Jailer, to Murazond, to…….. Blackbeard?

    Ehhhhh…….
    I mean, if you’re not going to actually read my post properly, then why bother responding?

    Also, aren’t you always advocating for a goblin and gnome themed Undermine expansion? What are you proposing the main antagonist of such an expansion would be?

  8. #6088
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I mean, if you’re not going to actually read my post properly, then why bother responding?

    Also, aren’t you always advocating for a goblin and gnome themed Undermine expansion? What are you proposing the main antagonist of such an expansion would be?
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_War

    Make iR-to akin to Ultron from Avengers.

    Last edited by Teriz; 2023-05-19 at 10:59 AM.

  9. #6089
    Dreadlord Berkilak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    The Green Chapel
    Posts
    918
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I mean... *waves at vocal part of the playerbase*
    Vocal and tiny. Those of us willing to dig into the details are few and far between.

  10. #6090
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    A little over a week ago, you didn't believe they would add a 3rd spec to a class mid-expansion.

    Yet here we are.
    Tbh I think it was planned from the start since there were earth evoker abilities shown off on the VFX artist’s art station.

    It’s probably a big reason why they redid the Evoker starting zone and completely cut the “pre-stasis” portion that was originally planned. (To give story reason as to why Evokers suddenly couldn’t augment others)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  11. #6091
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Tbh I think it was planned from the start since there were earth evoker abilities shown off on the VFX artist’s art station.

    It’s probably a big reason why they redid the Evoker starting zone and completely cut the “pre-stasis” portion that was originally planned. (To give story reason as to why Evokers suddenly couldn’t augment others)
    The bigger point is that its another thing you said wouldn't happen, yet it happened.

    A new class in 11.0? Never say never.

  12. #6092
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/The_War

    Make iR-to akin to Ultron from Avengers.

    Whilst I would actually be all for an Undermine expansion with a villain along those lines; I do find it slightly disingenuous that you would consider a potential practitioner of dark magic, with artefacts in his possession to control mythical creatures etc, backed up by a fleet that would dwarf the combined forces of the Horde and Alliance an inconceivable step down from what we’ve faced before - all because he’s what? A pirate? But a robot/android/AI with an army of Blingtrons at his control wouldn’t be.

    This is my thinking:








    As opposed to:



    Which seems to be the common misconception in here.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2023-05-19 at 12:01 PM.

  13. #6093
    New class in 11.0 is certainly possible. After all, we didnt get one 2 expansions in a row for the first time in BFA and SL.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  14. #6094
    Banned Teriz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Soul of Azeroth
    Posts
    30,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Whilst I would actually be all for an Undermine expansion with a villain along those lines; I do find it slightly disingenuous that you would consider a potential practitioner of dark magic, with artefacts in his possession to control mythical creatures etc, backed up by a fleet that would dwarf the combined forces of the Horde and Alliance an inconceivable step down from what we’ve faced before - all because he’s what? A pirate? But a robot/android/AI with an army of Blingtrons at his control wouldn’t be.
    I consider it a step down because you have to add so much to the basic concept to make this antagonist a threat. For example, you have to give him a powerful artifact, AND control over mythical creatures, AND a fleet (that would come out of nowhere) that dwarfs the massive fleets of the Horde AND the Alliance. The major antagonists we have faced thus far are dangerous by nature. No accessories required.

    As for the antagonist in "The War", its not leading an army of Blingtrons, its robotic army is fighting the Blingtrons (and winning) for whatever reason. We don't know the extent of its power, but it getting from AU Draenor to MU Azeroth under the Alliance and Horde's noses is a bit concerning, and indicates a great deal of power at work.

    Given that WoW has never had a major mechanical threat before, and mechanical threats are a mainstay in popular media, I definitely see it as a strong possibility. Especially since this side story ran from WoD to BFA.

  15. #6095
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I consider it a step down because you have to add so much to the basic concept to make this antagonist a threat. For example, you have to give him a powerful artifact, AND control over mythical creatures, AND a fleet (that would come out of nowhere) that dwarfs the massive fleets of the Horde AND the Alliance. The major antagonists we have faced thus far are dangerous by nature. No accessories required.

    As for the antagonist in "The War", its not leading an army of Blingtrons, its robotic army is fighting the Blingtrons (and winning) for whatever reason. We don't know the extent of its power, but it getting from AU Draenor to MU Azeroth under the Alliance and Horde's noses is a bit concerning, and indicates a great deal of power at work.

    Given that WoW has never had a major mechanical threat before, and mechanical threats are a mainstay in popular media, I definitely see it as a strong possibility. Especially since this side story ran from WoD to BFA.
    I don’t understand why any of that matters in terms of what the character is given to be more formidable ?

    Using that logic the same would apply for the majority of villains we fought so far.

    Deathwing? Powered by N’Zoth

    Arthas? Powered by claiming Frostmourne and merging with Ner’zhul who was in tandem buffed up by The Jailer and Kil’jaeden.

    Garrosh? Powered by by Y’Shaarj.

    Sylvanas? The Jailer.

    Azshara? N’Zoth.

    Kil’jaeden? Sargeras.

    The list goes on and I can just continue?

    There is evidence in game that Nightsquall is amassing the largest fleet the world has ever seen. There is evidence in game that he is seeking out power and magical artifacts for his own purpose. He has just as much presence and information in game as your Ultron styled threat. Of which, wouldn’t he fit your pre-conceived notion of being granted power to make him more interesting and powerful based off who created him?

    I’m confused by your point.

  16. #6096
    Personally I think we are going to Avaloren in 10.3. Basically everything that got name dropped in the past two expansions ended up being content for that expansion.

    Aside from that, I think its going to be their window into introducing the Void as a not entirely malevolent force for the subsequent expansion. If 11.0 is a theoretical Light vs Void expansion, I definitely think there's going to be a central theme around the player choosing whether to help the Light or the Void. Essentially a faction war story but this time you get to choose your side.

  17. #6097
    Can't wait for the cries of "Pirates in WoW? You're just copying Pirates of the Caribbean/Our Flag Means Death!"
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  18. #6098
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Can't wait for the cries of "Pirates in WoW? You're just copying Pirates of the Caribbean/Our Flag Means Death!"
    Funnily enough, this was actually the initial plan for the first expansion. Pirates of the Caribbean caught everybody on a reverie about adventures on the high seas with pirates during the initial conceptualization of the first expansion, but Blizzard couldn't find out how to make the expansion of the preexisting world work, leading them to settle for Outland instead.

  19. #6099
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Funnily enough, this was actually the initial plan for the first expansion.
    Not saying I don't believe you, BC was a hot mess despite me loving it back then, but where did you get that information? Never heard of that.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

  20. #6100
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Not saying I don't believe you, BC was a hot mess despite me loving it back then, but where did you get that information? Never heard of that.
    You can find it here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •