1. #62041
    Not a single Alliance NPC deserves to be villain-batted.

    Not one.

    Stop trying to destroy the Alliance.

    This cannot possibly be the Villain faction under any circumstance:




    ^ That, the Villain faction?

    Utterly impossible and ridiculous.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2024-03-03 at 07:36 PM.

  2. #62042
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    ^ That, the Villain faction?
    That picture has a werewolf and a literal demon.

  3. #62043
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, I don't really know any Alliance fan that wants to be a bad guy. I do know several Horde fans that do. But this is all complete hogwash based on a couple people's obsession with the idea that a white religious man must clearly be a villain.
    There's some amount of people who do want the Night Elves etc. to actually engage in violence vs. the Horde, ditto who are maximalists vs. the orcs and Forsaken, which is fairly sensible. But the caveat with it is that it's generally meant to be one-sided and be an addition to the overall story where we follow Alliance characters in every expansion, not a substitute.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

    Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

  4. #62044
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    There's some amount of people who do want the Night Elves etc. to actually engage in violence vs. the Horde, ditto who are maximalists vs. the orcs and Forsaken, which is fairly sensible. But the caveat with it is that it's generally meant to be one-sided and be an addition to the overall story where we follow Alliance characters in every expansion, not a substitute.
    As you yourself noted in this post, engaging in violence vs. the Orcs or the Forsaken is, by no means, "Bad Guy behaviour".

    Night Elf fans just want Night Elves to rely less on the Alliance, which is a fair take, considering how they were introduced as an independent faction from the Alliance.

  5. #62045
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    As you yourself noted in this post, engaging in violence vs. the Orcs or the Forsaken is, by no means, "Bad Guy behaviour".

    Night Elf fans just want Night Elves to rely less on the Alliance, which is a fair take, considering how they were introduced as an independent faction from the Alliance.
    Sure, you roll to be the protagonist. If you're rolling a human paladin, you want to purge some savages, that's part of the fantasy. But in an MMO that comes with the caveat that the savages are playable and represent people who want their own fantasy of being victimized by said paladins and striking back and/or being zombie or mongol industrialist invaders who get to kill said paladins met. The former without the latter is a non-starter, hence why neither happens and we just follow the most generic heroic archetypes about. Night Elf fans are another diagnosis altogether.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

    Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

  6. #62046
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Not a single Alliance NPC deserves to be villain-batted.

    Not one.

    Stop trying to destroy the Alliance.

    This cannot possibly be the Villain faction under any circumstance:

    ^ That, the Villain faction?

    Utterly impossible and ridiculous.
    You wronged your propaganda pics. And forgot your CaNnOt pOsSiBlE bE VilLiAnS starter pack.








    And THAT is total villians and should be eridicated, yes?



    See, I can do it too.
    But again, that is not a thread about AvH.
    Last edited by Dancaris; 2024-03-03 at 08:17 PM.

  7. #62047
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Sure, you roll to be the protagonist. If you're rolling a human paladin, you want to purge some savages, that's part of the fantasy. But in an MMO that comes with the caveat that the savages are playable and represent people who want their own fantasy of being victimized by said paladins and striking back and/or being zombie or mongol industrialist invaders who get to kill said paladins met. The former without the latter is a non-starter, hence why neither happens and we just follow the most generic heroic archetypes about. Night Elf fans are another diagnosis altogether.
    Then maybe the solution is just having another WoD, where we can "purge some savages" and not feel bad about it and just skip their side of the story.

    I did like how WoD story can be summed up as "Here's some orcs, go kill them, don't feel too bad about it, have fun!"

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    -SNIP-
    Imagine posting pics from 10,000 years before the Alliance was even established.

    Your agenda is plain to see.

    Also, World Quests are irrelevant for the Lore.

    Not a single World Quest was ever relevant for the Lore/Writers. They are literally just Daily Quests 2.0, which also had 0 lore relevance.

  8. #62048
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

    I did like how WoD story can be summed up as "Here's some orcs, go kill them, don't feel too bad about it, have fun!"
    WoD ended with the guy who offed Garrosh a useless manic depressive, Grom declaring Draenor is free and then a few expansions later the draenei turned into killable baddies while Horde got to back the Iron Horde proxy in killing some of them, filling both the conquering and victim niche above. Though while I did have fun in the BFA scenario, I'd much prefer it extrapolated across an expansion.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2024-03-03 at 08:38 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

    Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

  9. #62049
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Imagine posting pics from 10,000 years before the Alliance was even established.

    Your agenda is plain to see.

    Also, World Quests are irrelevant for the Lore.

    Not a single World Quest was ever relevant for the Lore/Writers. They are literally just Daily Quests 2.0, which also had 0 lore relevance.
    And again, total ignoring BfA pics. Its your agenda is clear.
    I don't like it, so its irrelevant. Classic of you.

  10. #62050
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    WoD ended with the guy who offed Garrosh a useless manic depressive, Grom declaring Draenor is free and then a few expansions later the draenei turned into killable baddies while Horde got to back the Iron Horde proxy in killing some of them, filling both the conquering and victim niche above. Though while I did have fun in the BFA scenario, though I'd much prefer it extrapolated across an expansion.
    I just like WoD as a clear example that original orcs didn't even need demon blood to go full genocidal.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  11. #62051
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I just like WoD as a clear example that original orcs didn't even need demon blood to go full genocidal.
    Warlike people being given inexplicably high tech and the de facto mandate of heaven from a prophet figure going at it. WoD had great worldbuilding, especially with Chronicle Vol. 2 added in and did more with the orc clans than had been done since WC2. The main story was of course, retarded, bringing back Gul'dan aside, but harmless and ultimately importing the setting details to the MU Horde was the best choice made in BFA as regards the orcs and the faction at large.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

    Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

  12. #62052
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Isn't 10.2.6 just going to drop? I don't think we're going to get any warning / news.
    Maintenance is Monday this week instead of Tuesday which I thought was a bit weird.
    Maybe patch drop Tuesday? (Or next week at most if we do the 8-weeks math)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  13. #62053
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,552
    Doubt there will be completely no heads-up regarding the patch drop.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  14. #62054
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2022
    Location
    K’aresh
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    You wronged your propaganda pics. And forgot your CaNnOt pOsSiBlE bE VilLiAnS starter pack.








    And THAT is total villians and should be eridicated, yes?



    See, I can do it too.
    But again, that is not a thread about AvH.
    War of the ancients wasn’t the alliance, neither are the Druids of the flame.
    Also the purge squad thing was cut before it went live I’m pretty sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

  15. #62055
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    War of the ancients wasn’t the alliance, neither are the Druids of the flame.
    Also the purge squad thing was cut before it went live I’m pretty sure.
    Yeah, the Purge Squad didn't make it to live, so that post is pushing a false agenda.

    The Purge Squad was replaced by 7th Legion troops for Launch.

    The finished product makes much more sense and is in line with the Alliance's objectives. The Alliance attacked the Vulpera because they were being hired by the Horde to smuggle supplies to Zuldazar, when the Alliance was planning to besiege the city:

    https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Stop_the_Shipments


    And, again, it's the 7th Legion that conducts those strikes, not some boogey boogey scary pUrGe SqUaD.

    Alliance Purge Squads are not Canon and were just some random intern playing around with the assets or whatever.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2024-03-03 at 09:26 PM.

  16. #62056
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yeah, the Purge Squad didn't make it to live, so that post is pushing a false agenda.

    The Purge Squad was replaced by 7th Legion troops for Launch.

    The finished product makes much more sense and is in line with the Alliance's objectives. The Alliance attacked the Vulpera because they were being hired by the Horde to smuggle supplies to Zuldazar, when the Alliance was planning to besiege the city:

    https://warcraft.wiki.gg/wiki/Stop_the_Shipments


    And, again, it's the 7th Legion that conducts those strikes, not some boogey boogey scary pUrGe SqUaD.

    Alliance Purge Squads are not Canon and were just some random intern playing around with the assets or whatever.
    ...so the only difference is the name. They're still setting an indigenous people on fire because they're hired to do a very normal thing. Do you also think it's fine to fire on humanitarian aid trucks?

  17. #62057
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    ...so the only difference is the name. They're still setting an indigenous people on fire because they're hired to do a very normal thing. Do you also think it's fine to fire on humanitarian aid trucks?
    Oh Goodness, you're one of those Twitter users, aren't you?

    Anyway, No, the Vulpera were not doing "humanitarian aid" LMFAO, they were giving supplies to the Horde during a world war time.

  18. #62058
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Oh Goodness, you're one of those Twitter users, are you?

    Anyway, No, the Vulpera were not doing "humanitarian aid" LMFAO, they were giving supplies to the Horde during a world war time.
    That's what humanitarian aid trucks do. Food, medicine, etc. That's what supplies means.

  19. #62059
    You should stop with this faction partisan discussion, it's very cringey and we're not in BFA anymore.

  20. #62060
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    No one in the Horde wants to be the bad guy either...
    Have you met Grazrug?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •