All that for a limited time event. I'm sorry but what? It's clear significant resources went to this.

I still don't see a Dev update blog.

I'd like more info on Pandaria Timerunning, the Harbinger, and Dark Heart from 10.2.7.

A release date is not a Dev update blog.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If they were actually trying to promote SoT why would they make it secret. That's the opposite of promotion.
    Probably waiting on Rareware. They probably can't show anything until Rareware is okay to discuss it openly on their end.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... When the event is over, we'll go back to 10.2.5...?

people on the forum aren't taking it well lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    If they were actually trying to promote SoT why would they make it secret. That's the opposite of promotion.
    The event itself would be the promotion. Limited time until PS5's release, which is the next big milestone for SoT. It's currently one of the most wanted games on that platform. The tech/experiment they've been talking about could be collabs with other MS franchises. Having said that, I still don't think it's SoT, but not ruling out possibility.

Can we get Marlamin to spill the beans? I cant imagine player morale and trust in Blizz to get any lower at this point, at least reassure us that it doesnt seem as awful as it sounds oh great Shaggy Parrot

Yeah this is going to be a baaaaad wait until Alpha.

It is really weird.

The only possible explanation is that a dev update is coming.

They MUST know that they will piss off their playerbase quite a bit with this level of bullshit.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    Can we get Marlamin to spill the beans? I cant imagine player morale and trust in Blizz to get any lower at this point, at least reassure us that it doesnt seem as awful as it sounds oh great Shaggy Parrot
    I am sure trust in Blizzard can go WAY lower. Shadowlands and the harassment scandal happened. The bar is so low an oompa loompa couldn't limbo beneath it.

1+ Year Old Account
    Take a look at the image in the background of the announcement. Irontide Raiders flag. Here comes the Nightsquall (as predicted from 10.0.7 Forbidden Reach)!

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Let us reframe this and recognize that the Limited Time Event may be the Nightsquall's invasion in Dragonflights' Dragon Isles and that the experimental stuff while thematically tied to this is not referring to the Limited time Event.

I am trying to grasp at straws though, but its a patch and a Limited Time Event is just a piece of it.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Take a look at the image in the background of the announcement. Irontide Raiders flag. Here comes the Nightsquall (as predicted from 10.0.7 Forbidden Reach)!
    In a limited time event? Nobody cares. If it's limited time it will have less resources than Gilneas.

People on here are annoyed, people on twitter are excited, and people in the EU forums are complaining (rightfully so I think) that the event will get spoiled for them because NA will get it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    People on here are annoyed, people on twitter are excited, and people in the EU forums are complaining (rightfully so I think) that the event will get spoiled for them because NA will get it first.
    By the time I wake up, WoWhead will have fifteen articles detailing the event.

1+ Year Old Account
    When the WoW community hypes something up to an astronomical degree (regardless of what it is), and that "hype" doesn't meet expectations, I'm sorry but that's a "you" problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Let us reframe this and recognize that the Limited Time Event may be the Nightsquall's invasion in Dragonflights' Dragon Isles and that the experimental stuff while thematically tied to this is not referring to the Limited time Event.

I am trying to grasp at straws though, but its a patch and a Limited Time Event is just a piece of it.
    The experimental stuff COULD be tech used for the limited time event, but will be implemented if successful in TWW. But that would still mean 10.1.6 is merely a limited time event. The other stuff in the patch is the Season 4 related

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    nah people are concerned everywhere. they didn't want another fomo event

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    When the WoW community hypes something up to an astronomical degree (regardless of what it is), and that "hype" doesn't meet expectations, I'm sorry but that's a "you" problem.
    Yes expectations like barebones Housing or shit like that are completely out of control and I agree with you there. However, Blizzard has significantly contributed to the hype up in this case and so you really cant blame players that are disappointed if months of hype up for this minor patch resulted in just another limited time event. It's also kind of a joke that they have resources for something like this but every time Ion gets asked for example about making old raids solo friendly we hear the "that takes time" excuse or it gets promised for a minor patch 2 years down the road.

ya both NA and EU forums are unanimously in an uproar right now, twitter has a few people that are positive (mostly Blizz affiliated folks) but its a lot more mixed generally on twitter, with still I'd say mostly negative lean