1. #63501
    Bloodsail Admiral doledippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2023
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,116
    lol, are we really doing this again for hero talents.

  2. #63502
    no one cares about hero talents so they won't do that

  3. #63503
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    You should know better. There is no such thing as "objectively" and "facts". There is simply "My opinion (correct)", and "Your opinion (wrong)".
    My bad I guess.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

  4. #63504
    Bloodsail Admiral doledippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2023
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Reive View Post
    no one cares about hero talents so they won't do that
    well theyre already late so

  5. #63505
    "Fans, we hear you! In response to concerns about the limited time event, we have canceled Week in Wow."

  6. #63506
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,501
    We doing this song and dance again, 24h later?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  7. #63507
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    That's even more reason for people to complain about less raid tiers. They can make one Megadungeon and a third raid tier. They did it for DF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    They cannot make two megadungeons and a third raid tier simultaneously.
    Then why not just make a raid that's also playable as a megadungeon ? If you enter it with a group of fives it's a megadungeon, if you enter with more it's a raid, easy win. You just have to tweak a bit the abilities of the bosses depending of if it's a raid of a dungeon.
    MMO Champs :

  8. #63508
    Bloodsail Admiral doledippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2023
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    We doing this song and dance again, 24h later?
    guess so, guess they didnt get the memo from last night

  9. #63509
    I want to know more information on Pandamonium.

    Is it really timewalking the full campaign, or is it a speedrunning minigame?

    Is it really only Siege of Orgrimmar, or are they sane and Throne of Thunder is coming back too?

    They should go full ESO and everything comes back with new Panda gear and items.

  10. #63510
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,501
    Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post
    guess so, guess they didnt get the memo from last night
    Was talking about people instantly claiming reveal is cancelled and generally loosing their shit.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  11. #63511
    Bloodsail Admiral doledippers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2023
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Was talking about people instantly claiming reveal is cancelled and generally loosing their shit.
    both can be true

  12. #63512
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I want to know more information on Pandamonium.

    Is it really timewalking the full campaign, or is it a speedrunning minigame?

    Is it really only Siege of Orgrimmar, or are they sane and Throne of Thunder is coming back too?

    They should go full ESO and everything comes back with new Panda gear and items.
    I vote for Challenge modes transmogs, SoO timewalking or just difficulties coming back with MoP aotc mount as a reward coming back for the duration.

    I think it's just the beginning of some kind of deeper timewalking seasons that bring back specific rewards that are no longer available, minus like elite pvp sets and such but who knows maybe these come back too, but i don't play pvp so i don't know how pvp players would feel about it.

    If i had to vote again, next might be WoD with their weapon transmogs and moose aotc.

  13. #63513
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Then why not just make a raid that's also playable as a megadungeon ? If you enter it with a group of fives it's a megadungeon, if you enter with more it's a raid, easy win. You just have to tweak a bit the abilities of the bosses depending of if it's a raid of a dungeon.
    Impossible.

    A raid is designed for 25 players, a megadungeon for 5.

    A raid boss is designed to be fought by 25 players, it can't be designed simultaneously for 5 and 25 people.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

  14. #63514
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I vote for Challenge modes transmogs, SoO timewalking or just difficulties coming back with MoP aotc mount as a reward coming back for the duration.

    I think it's just the beginning of some kind of deeper timewalking seasons that bring back specific rewards that are no longer available, minus like elite pvp sets and such but who knows maybe these come back too, but i don't play pvp so i don't know how pvp players would feel about it.

    If i had to vote again, next might be WoD with their weapon transmogs and moose aotc.
    I think WoD too, then Legion, then BFA, etc. Mists is their "benchmark" for an expansion looking up to modern standards or close to them, so I think that they will do "timewalking seasons" for Mists-Shadowlands and then just revamp TBC/Outlands in the next saga like they will be doing for Wrath/Northrend.

    Cata is a weird inbetween so I think they MAY do a Pandamonium type thing, or just skip it.

  15. #63515
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I think WoD too, then Legion, then BFA, etc. Mists is their "benchmark" for an expansion looking up to modern standards or close to them, so I think that they will do "timewalking seasons" for Mists-Shadowlands and then just revamp TBC/Outlands in the next saga like they will be doing for Wrath/Northrend.

    Cata is a weird inbetween so I think they MAY do a Pandamonium type thing, or just skip it.
    Yea and i actually didn't know that MoP is without timewalking raid as of now, so i bet there will be one when this event happens, overall Aotc became a thing in MoP, right?
    Garrosh heirlooms datamined, recently Aotc wolf labelled probably by mistake as TP reward point more to SoO, but who knows maybe they will do ToT but these rewards will be attached to it, i would like to do garrosh fight personally but i know many people love ToT.

    Timeless isle would be also fun if it came back with some twists but i don't have any ideas what they could do.

    From WoD i think BRF would be the best raid to come back as timewalking.

  16. #63516
    So no hero talents this week?

  17. #63517
    "Megadungeons are the most popular feature ever added to the game" is a narrative with a lot of spin, like "Horde players are doing an evil playthrough." Megadungeons are only as favorable in opinion as any other dungeon. They're just big dungeons. They would be as positively received by the player base as adding any two new dungeons in the middle of an expansion. It's as much of a hot take as "players like it when content is added to the game."

  18. #63518
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Impossible.

    A raid is designed for 25 players, a megadungeon for 5.

    A raid boss is designed to be fought by 25 players, it can't be designed simultaneously for 5 and 25 people.
    I'm wondering what dev time goes into the boss encounter compared to the environnement, the story and all of that stuff. I can't help but think that you could dumb down a bit the design of a raid encounter to make it suitable for a dungeon. Sure, it would take longer than designing only a raid or only a megadungeon, but it would allow for both playerbase to enjoy something without having to actually create two instances.
    MMO Champs :

  19. #63519
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    I'm wondering what dev time goes into the boss encounter compared to the environnement, the story and all of that stuff. I can't help but think that you could dumb down a bit the design of a raid encounter to make it suitable for a dungeon. Sure, it would take longer than designing only a raid or only a megadungeon, but it would allow for both playerbase to enjoy something without having to actually create two instances.
    It's all together. It's all connected. As they are developing the boss encounter (abilities, phases, strategies, adds, etc.), they are also thinking of how to incorporate those abilities into the environment and the overall lore of the character. They had this to say about the Lei Shen encounter from MoP:

    Encounter design

    The core concept for the Lei Shen fight developed during a brainstorming session as members of the encounter design team were throwing around ideas for potential fight mechanics, trying to see if anything would stick. A popular idea was for him to need to pause and recharge periodically, but someone suggested an interesting twist on that idea—the Thunder King isn't just a battery that needs to recharge; he's actually a power source himself. So instead of him drawing power from his citadel, the citadel draws power from him. He is a mighty warrior in his own right, with distinctive weapon and lightning attacks, but his mere presence energizes and activates portions of his citadel’s defenses, and managing those becomes a central element of the encounter. With a wide array of incredible visuals provided by our effects artists, and an awesome dungeon backdrop (those walls aren't entirely decorative...), Lei Shen is an epic final encounter to wrap up an epic raid zone.[1]
    https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com...one-of-thunder


    An encounter like Lei Shen, probably couldn't be designed to work with only 5 players without overhauling it entirely (back when it was not Legacy content, of course).

    The design of a raid encounter is very complex and must be connected to the environment of the boss arena and the overall lore of the setting and the character in question.

    An encounter like Eonar from Antorus couldn't possibly be done by only 5 players, for instance.

    For these reasons and others, you can't turn a Raid into a megadungeon.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

  20. #63520
    The Lightbringer Valysar's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    France
    Posts
    3,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    So no hero talents this week?
    In 5h30, like yesterday

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •