Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Collector's Edition unveiled in 2h 18 min according to the site (in the EU). Exciting!
    Uhm ok cool.. I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Uhm ok cool.. I guess.
    Whaddya mean? It's something this thread has hyped for a week now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    One question I have is:

Why would the Void attack the Sunwell in particular?

Sure, it is a font of power, but tbh those are a dime a dozen on Azeroth.
    Sure, something voidy tried to grasp at it when Alleria was close to it, but that was rather out of opportunity.

My guess, either Alleria or Umbric become "evil"/mind-controlled, along with a number of Quel/Sin/Ren'dorei, and thus their priority is the Sunwell.

Or maybe Quel'thalas is just a staging ground for our defenses against multiple Void invasions all over the world, trying to claim the mentioned various sources of power.
    Remade Quel'thalas would not be the entire "continent" if the expansion, just a core part.
    my simple answer: M'urus core in the sunwell, makes it perhaps a easy way to turn the sunwell to a font of void energy, allowing greater void creatures like the void lords to enter reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If we somehow do get a void Hunter class, I’ll be the first one to post in this thread to admit my error.
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I mean, trying to worm out of the way it's the WORLDSOUL saga... yah. It's Azeroth reaching out, not some light fairy.

Is anyone here actually planning to try and get all the ensembles in MoP so you can have them cross class? It seems it would be a crazy grind so I am thinking I'll just go through them and plan them out.

- - - Updated - - -

Whaddya mean? It's something this thread has hyped for a week now.
    I don't really see the hype myself. Sure we'll see what they are selling with it but it's not like it will reveal much if anything.

Collector's Edition unveiled in 2h 18 min according to the site (in the EU). Exciting!
    Isn't that showing incorrect times based on your local time zone? I wouldn't count on it getting revealed quite so soon, the PST timer is probably the correct one since that's where Blizzard is based.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is anyone here actually planning to try and get all the ensembles in MoP so you can have them cross class? It seems it would be a crazy grind so I am thinking I'll just go through them and plan them out.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't really see the hype myself. Sure we'll see what they are selling with it but it's not like it will reveal much if anything.
    Don't think it will be that crazy if you plan to level up a few characters anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    Isn't that showing incorrect times based on your local time zone? I wouldn't count on it getting revealed quite so soon, the PST timer is probably the correct one since that's where Blizzard is based.
    Not sure, but I'm looking at an EU store so wouldn't surprise me if it was correct, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Personally I'd like to see something that's a nod to fall of Quel'thalas in WC3.

Maybe the raid starts out somewhere in Eversong and then you have Alleria's forces closing in. They could even make it a bit literal and have the actual magic gates fall as the raid progresses. You keep falling back, maybe even fighting in the city until the finale confrontation at the Sunwell.

I think that would be a good way to spice it up to its not just SWP 2.0.
    Actually.. I'm kinda hoping for something similar but the complete opposite.

In WC3, Arthas starts off at the main gate from enterng Quel'thalas.. all the way out in the Ghostlands from Deatholm and marching his arm across thus creating this Dead Scar that runs down the middle of Ghostlands to Eversong all the way to the Sunwell.

In Midnight, I'm hoping for it to be the opposite case.. where the Ghostlands have been purified, but as we get closer into Eversong, it changes to a darker place with Silvermoon in shambles due to Void beings coming out.. until we eventually go all the way up to Quel'Dana as the final raid.
    With maybe a side raid in Zul'Aman.. though not OG Zul'Aman but you get what I mean.

Basically in WC3.. the Scourge Corruption started from the Ghostlands up to the Sunwell.. but what I'm hoping for in Midnight is the corruption starts at the Sunwell and is encroaching on the main land.

The ensembles I do not care too much. I will get them if I can. But the rare mounts? I will farm those no matter what so that I do not have to farm them every week anymore.

You see, MoP Remix is already making my WoW experience better. If by any chance I get a rare MoP mount, I will have saved quite a bit of bronce to buy other stuff ^^
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Well I already got all the existing rare mounts and toys you can buy, so I'm gonna have plenty of disposable Bronze.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    They've said that it will be expanded. We'll most likely get the whole region scaled up, with a lot of new details added to make up the launch continent. Probably with Zul'Aman also remade into a zone.
    They said that it wasn't something on the level of a revamp, that it was going to get something more like "a glow up" and be increased in size "a bit" to help it not feel so small with flying and dragonriding.

Here is the word for word from Hight's interview:

It’s gonna feel like the same place; it’s just that it is literally going to be a little bit larger than what you’ve experienced. Flight being much more accessible, we need to have a larger landmass for people to be able to explore.”
    I feel like people don't understand that those zones are tiny beyond reason. Eversong (including SMC) AND Ghostlands AND Zul'Aman's whole raid space AND Quel'danas are together smaller than Azure Span is. The only way that Quel'thalas is becoming an expansion unto itself is with them increasing its area five fold, there is no "little bit larger" that turns those zones into a continent by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by justwatching View Post
    As for the WCL Data. That Data is JUST weekly logged characters meaning any character that shows up in a log submitted to WCL in any Raid.
    In other words, it can't tell the difference between unique accounts & alts. That million figure is nice considering it doesn't count how many people left over the expansion's duration. In comparison to the other versions of wow that came out since, TBC clearly has a negative retention figure.

Since my original point was Shadowlands > Dragonflight, look at the huge unprecedented leap in subs that occurred after DF's disappointing launch: That's not 10.1, that's Hardcore. There's a huge new upswing in subscriptions happening now but based on twitch trending, it's not Wrath/Cata classic; it's DF second & the divergent game modes, Hardcore & SoD on top.

If Classic was supposedly keeping Shadowlands in the black, Classic is putting Dragonflight on life-support.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I feel like people don't understand that those zones are tiny beyond reason. Eversong (including SMC) AND Ghostlands AND Zul'Aman's whole raid space AND Quel'danas are together smaller than Azure Span is. The only way that Quel'thalas is becoming an expansion unto itself is with them increasing its area five fold, there is no "little bit larger" that turns those zones into a continent by themselves.
    Indeed. What they're proposing is more in-line with cataclysm than just honey I blew up the kid. "Expanding" on a region is like what they did with Suramar from W3 and turning it into the Broken Isles. Quel'thalas is supposed to be an island region but we currently only know of one island: The zones will surely be comprised of many elf islands & ruins surrounding the central city. They also said they're finally attaching the new revamped zone to the rest of lordaeron so I can't imagine it suddenly becoming giant & Lordaeron becoming a penninusla.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2024-04-17 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    They said that it wasn't something on the level of a revamp, that it was going to get something more like "a glow up" and be increased in size "a bit" to help it not feel so small with flying and dragonriding.

Here is the word for word from Hight's interview:

If that's the case where will the expansion take place? On the old zones of Quel'denas, Eversong Woods and Ghostlands just slightly increased in size? That's just not going to cut it with modern WoW zone design and dragonflight.

from what i gathered you can get everything on a single character. so i will recycle on of my levl16 demon hunters and go with them into this. Hopefully this one character will be able to collect everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If we somehow do get a void Hunter class, I’ll be the first one to post in this thread to admit my error.
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I mean, trying to worm out of the way it's the WORLDSOUL saga... yah. It's Azeroth reaching out, not some light fairy.

10+ Year Old Account
    But, the "cross class" sets, are ONLY unlockable in Remix ? I already have MoP sets, they're not going to be cross class without playing Remix ?

Chances of getting an alpha info dump in 6 minutes with the collectors edition unveil ?

Quote Originally Posted by zeir View Post
    Chances of getting an alpha info dump in 6 minutes with the collectors edition unveil ?
    abouer 33.3 (repeating of course)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Nere View Post
    If that's the case where will the expansion take place? On the old zones of Quel'denas, Eversong Woods and Ghostlands just slightly increased in size? That's just not going to cut it with modern WoW zone design and dragonflight.
    That's why I'm hoping they'll do more than just Quel'thalas.. they'll also do Lordaeron, the Plaguelands, Hinterlands, and maybe even Gilneas and Silverpine forest. The entire northern continent of the Eastern Kingdoms + Quel'Thalas is about the size of the Dragon Isles. (And about 30% of that continent is filler mountains in order to separate them into smaller zones.)

What I might expect is that they'll start combining those zones into larger zones. Like taking Hillsbrad, Silverpine, and Gilneas and combine them into a single zone. Or take both of the plaguelands and make them into a single zone..

Quote Originally Posted by zeir View Post
    Don't get your hopes up with the collectors edition being revealed in the next few hours, the countdown uses local time incorrectly so it's different for every timezone. I'm guessing it'll be 1PM PST for the CE reveal.

So, late evening for EU.