1. #67721
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniri View Post
    So there goes any hope for nuance, not that I really had any.
    Between this guy and Odyn, I think they are building up to some nuance in the ways Keepers/Watchers interpreted the titans and enabled their shitty personalities on their own behalf. I'm sure some of the Titans will be really shitty but so far between this guy and Odyn, Tyr is a lot more fair and chill. Plus all the ones we have worked with already including Ra.

  2. #67722
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,673
    Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    DF's gameplay and gearing system were already some of the best in WoW's history, so if TWW just brings a better setting, characters and stories on top of that gameplay it could become a top tier expansion.
    Im just hoping Delves will be a good way to farm Flightstones... err I mean Valorstones. As a casual I always have more crests than I need but not enough flightstones.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post
    this is the boat that im in too. It's the first time in a long time that we're essentially picking up where we left off systems-wise moving into the next expansion. Tier catalyst, gear upgrade system, the new talent trees, new professions, follower dungeons, dragonriding etc etc etc. All of this stuff had the bulk of its work done for dragonflight, and none of it is being left behind. With that foundation of development done the efforts can be focused on additional evergreen stuff, as well as improvements to those foundations that dragonflight built
    Yeah, im just waiting to see what world content endgame looks like. DF had a lot of content but it was all shallow. I want a bit more depth in the world.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Hero talents are the anchor around this expansion's neck.
    They aren't exciting but they aren't bad. Thats not an anchor. Its just not a balloon. An anchor is torghast, or azerite, or how covenants worked at launch. Ill take boring over bad any day.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    It's Shadowland convenants, lite.
    Always dreamt of being a dark ranger?
    Too bad. You're survival or Pack Leader is the best meta spec.
    Always wanted to summon a pit lord, mr. warlock? Well that sucks, cause you have to be a weird Satyr-themed spec instead because it does more damage.

    They should just have been talents, not class fantasies.
    And while I'm not the first to have this take, it is clearly spreading as folks look over the trees and consider their implications.

    As friggin GameSpot put it : "While it feels like Hero Talents aren't nearly as impactful as Covenants were in Shadowlands, and are thankfully free to change or swap between at any moment, it does feel like the idea is fundamentally flawed and that new talents and unique class fantasies should be two separate things for players to choose."
    Nothing like covenants. They are at worst just talents, and at best cool cosmetic changes to class with minor gameplay changes. Theres no friction. You can change them whenever. They are a million times less egregious than covenants.

  3. #67723
    Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    Anyone else noticed how many mob models have some small variations like kobold snout type or hair, or nerubian helm/pant/spidery mouth thing, or the void crystal guys and their horns? Even the mount nerubian ones using the nazmir skeleton seem to have variations to their faces and the human kids with chubbier/wider faces. There never has been such a mod detail before right, like you could maybe only find it on playable mobs or dragonriding type enemies.
    [IMG]
    Here's a visually obvious example of what i mean. (ignore the 3rd same as 1st mb)
    One of the benefits of the system they used for the Dragonriding mounts.

  4. #67724
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Rewards for the pre-event
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/first-l...h-event-338812

    are the argus "naaru" set recolrs as void versions
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/new-dat...og-sets-337361

    And the priest tier set is literally naaru inspired.
    https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/upl...e633e15c7e.jpg

    I'm calling it now again: The Radiant Song will be from a Naaru, not the world soul. A special Naaru. Either E'lune or An'she/Mu'sha. Could all be one and the same.
    Seems like a good way to gear up alts and especially the alts you make with timerunning.

  5. #67725
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They aren't exciting but they aren't bad. Thats not an anchor. Its just not a balloon. An anchor is torghast, or azerite, or how covenants worked at launch. Ill take boring over bad any day.

    Nothing like covenants. They are at worst just talents, and at best cool cosmetic changes to class with minor gameplay changes. Theres no friction. You can change them whenever. They are a million times less egregious than covenants.
    I think a lot of this is down to people mistaking them for a major customisation feature rather than their actual purpose, allowing Blizzard to extend talent trees without the issues they ran into prior to MoP.

  6. #67726
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Echil46 View Post
    If you're playing a spec with good talents, and they're going deep into the part of the spec fantasy you like, yeah, sure.

    But if the first hero spec of your spec isn't good, if you don't like its fantasy, you're likely to play the second hero spec. And if it's bad, or if the fantasy isn't your kink either, you're left with two bad choices.

    Making the hero spec shared by two specs is limiting, and limits the fantasy of the class. Lets say i'm a warrior. I wanna play fury, but i just wanna smash. No bladestorm or thunderclap. What's left ? Arms ? Or should i go Outlaw / Enhance ?
    Or play the one thats 1.5% worse performing that you like. Unless you are a mythic raider it wont matter. People made the same arguments in SL and they were right then too, but you can also change whenever you want now. Its a non issue.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    "Play whatever you like" is such a hilarious take when you consider how hardcore the community goes into meta-building the classes. Just cause you don't think it should be that way doesn't change reality. You're not playing your game when you're a lead weight in a +20. You're fucking up other people's game.
    You aren't fking up anyones game unless you are the 1% so you can stop with that. Have you seen season 3 class balance btw? Its the closest balance has ever been. A 1 or 2% difference in hero talents will be easy to achieve and that difference really doesn't matter for mythic raiders either. Only the top 10 world first guilds.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    No it means they'll generally always pick the meta over the fantasy, and then they'll be pissy about that situation.
    Unless you've forgotten how well people liked Covenants.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I don't care about dark rangers personally, I'm just calling out how people will and are already feeling about it. Not agreeing with sentiment doesn't change sentiment.
    People couldnt switch covenants. I think you are blowing this all out of proportion. Its going to be fine.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Yes, Dark Iron Dwarves are known to be nerds. His father and mother were big nerds.
    Lots of Dwarves are nerds. And his mother isnt dark iron. The entire explorers league is a group of nerds. And hes not a sheltered nerd either seeing as hes literally on the battlefield. Hes fine. You are over reacting.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I think a lot of this is down to people mistaking them for a major customisation feature rather than their actual purpose, allowing Blizzard to extend talent trees without the issues they ran into prior to MoP.
    They do have minor cosmetic customization like they said at blizzcon. The Alpha notes they just released even say most hero trees dont have visual components yet and that those will come at a later date.

  7. #67727
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    You aren't fking up anyones game unless you are the 1% so you can stop with that. Have you seen season 3 class balance btw? Its the closest balance has ever been. A 1 or 2% difference in hero talents will be easy to achieve and that difference really doesn't matter for mythic raiders either. Only the top 10 world first guilds.
    Most of the players obsessing about this stuff aren't even good enough to actually take advantage of those theoretical DPS gains anyway and are actually making their performance worse by picking a playstyle they cannot pull off.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    They do have minor cosmetic customization like they said at blizzcon. The Alpha notes they just released even say most hero trees dont have visual components yet and that those will come at a later date.
    Minor ones, yes. But it's not the main focus or primary purpose.

  8. #67728
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,673
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Most of the players obsessing about this stuff aren't even good enough to actually take advantage of those theoretical DPS gains anyway and are actually making their performance worse by picking a playstyle they cannot pull off.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Minor ones, yes. But it's not the main focus or primary purpose.
    I dont know anyone that thought they were full on class skins anyways. They showed them as having minor spell color and animation changes at blizzcon.

    - - - Updated - - -

    They are on the level of green fire which is still cool.

  9. #67729
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I feel like we got a lot less info this time than ever before. Maybe because they are hiding stuff from dataminers now? Idk, but I remember WoD and Legion datamining having 10 times more models, conversation strings etc.
    It used to be we would get all the strings right on day one. I think almost all of that is encrypted these days.

  10. #67730
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It used to be we would get all the strings right on day one. I think almost all of that is encrypted these days.
    Makes a slightly more exciting first playthrough but a meh datamining session for alpha.

  11. #67731
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Lots of Dwarves are nerds. And his mother isnt dark iron. The entire explorers league is a group of nerds. And hes not a sheltered nerd either seeing as hes literally on the battlefield. Hes fine. You are over reacting.
    You do not realize they're just trying to insert themselves into WoW characters because of their self-infatuation?

  12. #67732
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,673
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You do not realize they're just trying to insert themselves into WoW characters because of their self-infatuation?
    No, I think that's entirely your crusade. Just because you believe something doesn't make it true. If he was a big manly man you wouldnt say the same. Not every character needs to be a fighter. And even if they are idgaf. Hes a cool character.

  13. #67733
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Between this guy and Odyn, I think they are building up to some nuance in the ways Keepers/Watchers interpreted the titans and enabled their shitty personalities on their own behalf. I'm sure some of the Titans will be really shitty but so far between this guy and Odyn, Tyr is a lot more fair and chill. Plus all the ones we have worked with already including Ra.
    Yeah, Tyr was far more reasonable, and he made it pretty clear that even the Keepers don't really know all that much about the Titans' goals. He merely trusts in their wisdom and thinks that their creations are responsible for most of the good in the world. It seems like they have a lot of flexibility to choose how to go about their duties, and until we learn the Titans' actual goal in The Last Titans, it's hard to guess how villainous they'll turn out. I'm not even sure they'll all be the same in that regard, since the Elun'ahir story had a pretty big disagreement between Eonar and Aman'thul.

  14. #67734
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You do not realize they're just trying to insert themselves into WoW characters because of their self-infatuation?
    And that would make them different from any other writer, how? Plus I doubt any dev's self insert character would be a teenage dwarf nerd.

  15. #67735
    The Unstoppable Force Chickat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    20,673
    Well, Ive gotta go to sleep. Having Gastric Sleeve surgery in around 12 hours so I may not be online for a few days. We will see how I feel. Kinda not the place to put this I guess, but these threads is where most of my posting has been the past decade. So just in case something happens to me, it was nice speculating with you all.

  16. #67736
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    24,990
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Yes, Dark Iron Dwarves are known to be nerds. His father and mother were big nerds.
    I mean Moria’s only friend is Anduin and she likes to frequent the iron forge museum with her self so she’s absolutely a nerd.

    And Thaurissan was a wizard so that makes him a nerd by default.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  17. #67737
    I am just glad they remembered Dagran.

    And speaking of things they remembered...Skardyn got quite a glow-up




  18. #67738
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Well, Ive gotta go to sleep. Having Gastric Sleeve surgery in around 12 hours so I may not be online for a few days. We will see how I feel. Kinda not the place to put this I guess, but these threads is where most of my posting has been the past decade. So just in case something happens to me, it was nice speculating with you all.
    Wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery!

  19. #67739
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Yes, Dark Iron Dwarves are known to be nerds. His father and mother were big nerds.
    I'm sorry, do you think being a nerd is genetic?

  20. #67740
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I expected to wake up to juicy 11.0 news
    Instead, I wake up to Blizzard destroying Dalaran, my favourite city in WoW and where all my RP is based

    I'm not well folks T-T
    Destroying Dalaran is a wise choice.

    We have already spent not one, but two expansions - 4+ years - in Dalaran. Making players stay there for a THIRD expansion would be unwise. Actually, I wasn't that much of a fan of Dalaran being reused in Legion. I want to go to new places, and if I have to go to an old place, then I would like to see it significantly changed, like Orgrimmar becoming an iron stronghold in Cata. Dalaran in Legion is the same as Dalaran in WotLK and was boring. So there isn't a future in which Dalaran should be used as a city again. Which means its only purpose at this point is to be sacrificed to amp up the stakes, which is needed because you need tension for a reader to continue turning the page. If there is no tension, the book is boring and people stop caring and put the book down.

    Another benefit is that destroying Dalaran allow Blizzard to move on from Khadgar and the Kirin Tor and make other neutral factions into powerful movers in the world. Maybe Magni and the Titanic city of Ulduar will start becoming more prominent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •