1. #67881
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    ? The best rewards are Hero track. That's Heroic raid difficulty.
    the guy talking about the level 8 rewards capping out at normal raid gear. I see the confusion here; this is what the delve article on wowhead says:
    The Item Levels from World gear in The Great Vault will scale with difficulty like the other rows, and can reach up to Heroic raid gear or Mythic 15 dungeon gear.
    What's confusing here, unless that youtuber was just wrong, is what else counts as "World" content? Is it just Delves? But the wowhead article might be wrong too, because we were already told Mythic 10 will be the reward cap for Mythic dungeons in season 4 AND TWW, not Mythic 15.

  2. #67882
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I'm somewhat disappointed Delves were supposed to have their own weekly vault category, but so far that's not the case, plus them saying the best rewards are normal raid difficulty level, rather than competing with the other vault categories.
    Where do you even get this from. It still has its own Vault category and the high end rewards are supposed to be around M+5(per that QA) which in S4 is Heroic gear I believe.

  3. #67883
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Dark Irons have a lot of shadow priests, also his parents are both priests; so he looks like the dwarf version of young Anduin, another priest. Adding characterization to a functionally new alliance character to act as a parallel to Anduin's dark angsty present self seems like a no-brainer for this current storyline; not someone making a self-insert.

    (Although on a side note, Anduin's angst arc is so unprecedented. Maybe if he actually did dark stuff while he was dominated I'd be narratively earned, but he didn't. He didn't even kill anybody while dominated.)
    You got it right.
    He does resemble Anduin.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Thrall ?
    How is Thrall a dork?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    You are out the loop. Stereotypes are not hard parameters, they are simply trends.
    Hearthstone.
    Well, we've been seeing a certain trend taking over.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reive View Post
    he looks like a young priest you can find in a fantasy setting. the real problem is that many npcs blizzard makes these days feel out of place and too "modern"



    glasses
    haircut
    clothes
    blizzard's recent trend of making everything cute and dorky

    he's 100% going to act like an overexcited dork
    This guy knows what's going on.

  4. #67884
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    If this dwarf looks is the main topic then alpha hype really fell on the ground.
    alpha is pretty barebones right now. there isn't much to talk about

  5. #67885
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    the guy talking about the level 8 rewards capping out at normal raid gear. I see the confusion here; this is what the delve article on wowhead says:
    What's confusing here, unless that youtuber was just wrong, is what else counts as "World" content? Is it just Delves? But the wowhead article might be wrong too, because we were already told Mythic 10 will be the reward cap for Mythic dungeons in season 4 AND TWW, not Mythic 15.
    Maybe let's stick to the actual video by Blizzard instead of whatever youtuber you watch. And WoWhead is trying to push so many articles that duplicate the same information, they are bound to screw up half of them.

  6. #67886
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly, hype here usually follows the story and we haven't learned that much!
    I guess you're right.

    Overall i think that blizzard came very prepared for datamining, compared to DF first alpha i think there was much more random shit datamined or lines of some quests and such.

  7. #67887
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I guess you're right.

    Overall i think that blizzard came very prepared for datamining, compared to DF first alpha i think there was much more random shit datamined or lines of some quests and such.
    Honestly while I am someone who enjoys spoilers, every single alpha/beta before where we got pretty much every string at the very first build created so many false impressions because quotes were taken out of context (or even never made it in game since their quests got scrapped) that I think silence is better.

  8. #67888
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Maybe let's stick to the actual video by Blizzard instead of whatever youtuber you watch. And WoWhead is trying to push so many articles that duplicate the same information, they are bound to screw up half of them.
    Coincidently if they had diversified Torghast content a bit more & had it give actual gear rewards like delves do, it would have been much more popular. I bet it will in Shadowlands: Remix

  9. #67889
    The Lightbringer Lady Atia's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    The Rumour Tower
    Posts
    3,716
    Uhhhhhh, we can farm out our pvp vault with battleground blitz next season! Really great change as I tend to only enter Arena once I got my gear lol.

  10. #67890
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    What's your opinion on Elise?
    That's the character that made me start having this issue. At least she ain't a huge character and they added her in WoW because of Hearthstone yeah...

    But come on, Elves in general are magical creatures that should have insanely good eyesight. Putting glasses on them feels so silly.

  11. #67891
    let's end this dargan parenthesis and talk about something else

    i kinda liked the video about delves. them not being static is a big plus for their replayability. my only wish is that the higher tiers (8-11+12) are challenging enough

  12. #67892
    I fail to see how glasses are an issue when the Dark Iron are capable of building mole machines, golems and massive explosives. They are one of the more advanced societies on Azeroth.

    As for his personality. What are you expecting? He's like 15-16 years old in TWW. He's either going to be a nerd or a goober.

  13. #67893
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Coincidently if they had diversified Torghast content a bit more & had it give actual gear rewards like delves do, it would have been much more popular. I bet it will in Shadowlands: Remix
    The thing is, that's how it was supposed to work. If you go back to the SL reveal video they expressly said it would reward gear through the Vault. But they scrapped that.

  14. #67894
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly while I am someone who enjoys spoilers, every single alpha/beta before where we got pretty much every string at the very first build created so many false impressions because quotes were taken out of context (or even never made it in game since their quests got scrapped) that I think silence is better.
    We are still at the point where we mostly just see the choice bits of new content. The armour sets or new mounts. In a week or so I bet we will be getting into the weeds with datamined quest strings and such.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

  15. #67895
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    I can understand wanting more masculine male characters, and being disappointed with Dagran, but that's a really weird way to go about it yeah.

    He's not even portrayed as weak or whiny from what I've seen.
    Has Dagran fought in the Alpha? He gives me some serious wizard vibes.

  16. #67896
    Dagran seems respectful. He's going to be like Brann I bet, and we all like Brann.

  17. #67897
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    46,679
    I'm not sure why people are so taken aback by the appearance of young Dagran - we've known since Before the Storm that the kid was bookish and gawky, and it was further established in The Vow Eternal that he was introspective and lonely growing up, and is even shown chatting with Arator the Redeemer and closely observing a ceremonial blade that he was wearing at the time. Dagran's model as bespectacled and looking like an up-and-coming sage or wizard seems to be in keeping with all his prior characterization.

    It's not some weird agenda out of nowhere, in other words - Dagran's basic character has been this way for nearly 6 years at this point.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

  18. #67898
    Immortal Zelk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Posts
    7,176
    There's literally nothing modern about his model whatsoever. Glasses are over 1000 years old and people have been cutting hair short far, far longer than that (obviously)

  19. #67899
    Quote Originally Posted by maxje98 View Post
    Is there like a site where we can see the whole map? Like we could on Marlamins site?
    Pretty curious to look at those
    https://old.wow.tools/maps/2601/

    Updated it for 11.0 because I also needed it and no alternatives are available yet.

  20. #67900
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    That's the character that made me start having this issue. At least she ain't a huge character and they added her in WoW because of Hearthstone yeah...

    But come on, Elves in general are magical creatures that should have insanely good eyesight. Putting glasses on them feels so silly.
    Some people do like them for aesthetic choices and I like her overall design? But I get it.

    Same way some characters wear certain types of robes or higher coverage when it isn't really necessarily anything important in terms of climate or the like. "Costume as characterization"

    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    There's literally nothing modern about his model whatsoever. Glasses are over 1000 years old and people have been cutting hair short far, far longer than that (obviously)
    It's increasingly difficult to read the "dev self insert" rhetoric in good faith when it's applied to the fucking Dracthyr visages, which were jokingly compared to drag queens from Day 1 and none of which resemble the average employee of literally any company outside of occasionally unorthodox hair color.

    They know exactly what they mean when they say it and know they're factually wrong. But California bad, culture war go unga unga
    Last edited by Vakir; 2024-04-19 at 07:26 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •