10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    for sure but I'm such a big fan of the dwarf's beard visuals they've produced since WoD
    Agreed, variety is always a good thing.

Do we know what age dwarves generally begin growing beards? Assuming it's a puberty thing like in humans, if he's in his teens he should have some growth - granted he's also a dwarf, a race know for beard genetics, so he should have something by now; maybe he's just chosen to keep it shaved?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I will absolutely zone in the Rookery by mistake while flying around the city multiple times.
    I do actually dig the fact that dungeons/raids entrances are organically in the main city hub.

Also, are these new instance portal visuals?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2024-04-20 at 01:27 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Didn't they destroy only a part of it?
    Interesting that you mention that.

In fact, the only piece of Dalaran we can find on the island is the Spire of the Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    the only piece of Dalaran we can find on the island is the Spire of the Guardian.
    Before we get too excited, an airborne explosion can jetsam debris over several miles, especially over the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Before we get too excited, an airborne explosion can jetsam debris over several miles, especially over the ocean.
    I just feel like having pieces of Dalaran in the ocean and more spread out would be a cool and easy visual thing to add that amplifies the impact of the scene.

The fact that it's just the spire is suspicious, combined with the webbed Dalaran image.

I will still hope that Khadgar somehow managed to port part of Dalaran elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I will still hope that Khadgar somehow managed to port part of Dalaran elsewhere.
    It was the place where the portal room were and where the pillars of creation were kept. If I had to guess, I'd say that Khadgar and the council of six (if they were still alive at the end of the battle) ported the tower out of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Dornogal is better for two reasons imo:

1. More open, less cluttered
    2. Architecture feels more real. Valdrakken and Thraldraszus do what Shadowlands do: introduce something new and alien we're not familiar with, and go 110% with it
    Also valdrakken doesn't feel like a dragon city at all. I always disliked that is was build like every other human city and had nothing really special about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Dornogal is better for two reasons imo:

1. More open, less cluttered
    2. Architecture feels more real. Valdrakken and Thraldraszus do what Shadowlands do: introduce something new and alien we're not familiar with, and go 110% with it
    How does Valdrakken feel "new and alien"?

Yeah, Valdrakken looks like a generic fantasy city with a very big tower in the middle. The only thing that gives dragon is all the perches. Not that I know how a city for dragon that actually operate in dragon form would look tbh.

So much energy spent on this Dagran nonsense when the real tragedy is the return of Rannan Korren.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    So much energy spent on this Dagran nonsense when the real tragedy is the return of Rannan Korren.
    Yikes they brought that buffoon back? Did they think that NPC was well received?

I've only seen him in the context of bringing the adventurer's league into this expansion. I see his entire existence being that having Reno Jackson stand around in one spot all expansion wouldn't make sense.

Yup, if anyone's a dev self insert it's definitely Rannan.

The entire style of Thaldraszus is quite strange.

It doesn't really look like anything we've seen in Azeroth before, and it's mostly just strange towers, pillars, minarets, etc. Basically no homes. It doesn't feel lived in. Valdrakken itself has an odd layout with utilitarian buildings dotted around these central towers.

There's a pub, at least.

I really liked Valdrakken when it was new, but this singing feeling of it feeling hollow has grown over time.

I've only seen him in the context of bringing the adventurer's league into this expansion. I see his entire existence being that having Reno Jackson stand around in one spot all expansion wouldn't make sense.
    By Adventurer's League do you mean Dragonscale Expedition? Cause boy would I love a reskin of the Expedition.

Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    By Adventurer's League do you mean Dragonscale Expedition? Cause boy would I love a reskin of the Expedition.
    It's the same thing. I don't see it being called that anymore because the Dragonscale expedition is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Agreed, variety is always a good thing.

Do we know what age dwarves generally begin growing beards? Assuming it's a puberty thing like in humans, if he's in his teens he should have some growth - granted he's also a dwarf, a race know for beard genetics, so he should have something by now; maybe he's just chosen to keep it shaved?
    It doesn't say on the warcrfat.wiki page but Dagran has white hair when none of his parents do, so I'm willing to bet that genetics and puberty will be special for him

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    The expedition goes with us to Khaz Algar.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I despise the voice acting for this character, it seems that I cannot shut him up quickly enough everytime I hover over one of his world quests