1. #68081
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Nere View Post
    Isn't the alpha a bit too far behind for an autumn release? I personally didn't expect the zone to be so barebones with many things not implemented.
    What is missing from the zone?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2024-04-21 at 04:21 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  2. #68082
    I am still on the August train.

    Coincidentally, TW Remix ends at the start of August on the PTR.

  3. #68083
    Quote Originally Posted by Nere View Post
    Isn't the alpha a bit too far behind for an autumn release? I personally didn't expect the zone to be so barebones with many things not implemented.
    Modern expansions average about six months in beta testing before release. Alphas are more all over the place. DF Alpha started in July for a Nov 28 release, Shadowlands started in early april for a Nov 23 release.

  4. #68084
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    What is missing from the zone?
    I know I read somewhere that it's not even fully done when it comes to level design (e.g. ground clutter isn't fully in place yet)

  5. #68085
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I am still on the August train.

    Coincidentally, TW Remix ends at the start of August on the PTR.
    1st/2nd week September checks out. A few weeks for prepatch, then right into Khaz Algar.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I know I read somewhere that it's not even fully done when it comes to level design (e.g. ground clutter isn't fully in place yet)
    Bellular said as such from his interviews from the London event. Isle or Dorne is missing pretty much all of its clutter, creatures, mobs, etc.

  6. #68086
    Quote Originally Posted by Nere View Post
    Isn't the alpha a bit too far behind for an autumn release? I personally didn't expect the zone to be so barebones with many things not implemented.
    Dragonflight Beta lasted 6 weeks & basically didn't have a public alpha at all. We're fine, timewise.

  7. #68087
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,955
    Well, Blizz pushed TWW release window to an earlier date since the initial announcement on Blizzcon, so they seem confident about it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  8. #68088
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Modern expansions average about six months in beta testing before release. Alphas are more all over the place. DF Alpha started in July for a Nov 28 release, Shadowlands started in early april for a Nov 23 release.
    There is also the thing that they now have a legal obligation to invite a ton of people on beta because they sold access. I think back when they did that last time in MoP it did affect their testing cycle somewhat.

  9. #68089
    I read some comments that most hero talents visuals, animations, sounds are not in yet, because it's the biggest thing so far, that players and content creators have problem with.

    Hopefully it's true and every hero spec will actually feel different when it comes to visual side.

  10. #68090
    Elemental Lord Makabreska's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    8,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There is also the thing that they now have a legal obligation to invite a ton of people on beta because they sold access. I think back when they did that last time in MoP it did affect their testing cycle somewhat.
    Ahhh, the good old times of some really salty peeps thinking that Annual Pass meant they will all get instant Beta access and not in waves. Some even wanted to sue Blizz over it.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  11. #68091
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ahhh, the good old times of some really salty peeps thinking that Annual Pass meant they will all get instant Beta access and not in waves. Some even wanted to sue Blizz over it.
    Lol didn't even remember that. But yeah, it will take a bit of time for them to get everyone in.
    That said, Annual Pass was a very special case. I mean, it came with Diablo 3! The value was just crazy.

  12. #68092
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsy View Post
    Dracthyr being able to roll other classes should be interesting, will this open up the chance for Dracthyr to be given bigger forms?

    Above is not actual content but fanmade, I'm hoping they allow for this, it would be great to have bigger sizes in both visage & dracthyr form and I would roll to Warrior in a heartbeat if they could have this size on them.
    Dont hold up hope. Maybe after 10 years, they will have slightly bigger necks and heads in the best case scenario.

  13. #68093
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    I read some comments that most hero talents visuals, animations, sounds are not in yet, because it's the biggest thing so far, that players and content creators have problem with.

    Hopefully it's true and every hero spec will actually feel different when it comes to visual side.
    Just like the Shadowlands & Dragonflight beta, they're taking a "these don't need to be done until the formal release, we're fine to push the pre-patch now" approach it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Let's try to come up with a speculative schedule based on the roadmap & what we already know:

    Winter 2024:
    01/16: Seeds of Renewal 10.2.5
    03/19: Plunderstorm 10.2.6

    Spring 2024:
    04/02: TWW Alpha
    04/16: Dragonflight Season 4
    04/30: Dark Heart 10.2.7 (this is also when Plunderstorm is scheduled to end)
    05/28: TWW Beta

    Summer 2024:
    06/18: TWW Pre-Patch 11.0

    Autumn 2024:
    10/08: The War Within Release.
    11/19: 20th Anniversary Event 11.0.5
    So far my speculation for 2024's timeline is just one week off. 10.2.7 might still come at on the 30th, if they really don't have anything else to test since the campaign & heritage armors are encrypted, though that update about "giving people a week to do the campaign & heritage armor quests" is so unironically "there's literally nothing worth doing in 10.2.7 other than Timerunning, see you in 11.0"

  14. #68094
    There are some variation of Gronn in the files with new models so I don't think it's a mistake. Genesaur probably waltzed out of the Life realm because of Elun'ahir, and someone (Aggramar?) made new Gronn to fight them as a response.

  15. #68095


    apparently mop remix should start on may 16th and end on september 7th

  16. #68096
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Just like the Shadowlands & Dragonflight beta, they're taking a "these don't need to be done until the formal release, we're fine to push the pre-patch now" approach it seems.
    So far my speculation for 2024's timeline is just one week off. 10.2.7 might still come at on the 30th, if they really don't have anything else to test since the campaign & heritage armors are encrypted, though that update about "giving people a week to do the campaign & heritage armor quests" is so unironically "there's literally nothing worth doing in 10.2.7 other than Timerunning, see you in 11.0"
    Prepatch for 4 months is bat-shit insane.

    Prepatch is gonna start early August and TWW is gonna come out late August/early September.

  17. #68097
    Don't buy into calendar dates on PTR/beta too much, they're usually placeholders and get shifted around in the live game.

  18. #68098
    I mean, 10.2.7 is probably gonna come out on the 14th of May (8 weeks from 10.2.6, one full cycle of Fated), and we know Remix is one week from then.

  19. #68099
    Quote Originally Posted by Reive View Post


    apparently mop remix should start on may 16th and end on september 7th
    It's also in a month/day format.

  20. #68100
    The sooner panda remix happens the better, it was really fun on ptr.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •