Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Seeing how the icon name of an item is "inv_offhand_1h_goblinraid_d_01", nope.
    Could mean everything and nothing. Other Goblin-related icon name hint towards a dungeon.
    Could be one Goblin boss in 10.1's raid, but also a Goblin mega-dungeon as well.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    That entire situation I think paints exactly what was wrong with Dragonflight's vibe/story. It was so heavy handed in the themes it wanted to portray that it voided the ability for it to feel earned. In most cases the Venture Co has pretty much been a punching bag for adventurers. They never pose a real threat, they're semi-comical, you just smack em and move on. It's the perfect baddie to use for even a small portion of the questing.

That said, I liked the usage of the Sundered Flame in Dragonflight, which felt like almost a more story connected Venture Co, but I do wish that it wasn't just shrugged off for a simple elbow nudge. It would've made Dragonflight feel a bit more at home if we could knock around some unnamed stooges.
    I really think it was a purposeful design intention of Dragonflight to use as few old factions, groups and antagonists as possible, maybe in the idea that Dragonflight serves as the new tutorial expansion for brand new players moving forward. Hence -all- the main villains being new, their factions (including the Djaradin) being new, the dracthyr and their lore being new. The only time they bent the rule is for the Night Elf storyline and the Infinite which I think they just knew they couldn't ignore without people getting mad.

It definitely made the lore and worldbuilding suffer for anyone who isn't completely new to WoW, it wasn't that bad, but the lack of the factions, the Earthen Ring, Magatha (who was planned, even) definitely hurt the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Could mean everything and nothing. Other Goblin-related icon name hint towards a dungeon.
    Could be one Goblin boss in 10.1's raid, but also a Goblin mega-dungeon as well.
    The other item is just tagged as "goblin" which could be heritage plus or, if there's a raid, likely the zone that comes with the raid. Nothing about it being from a dungeon.

All the Nerubar weapons are tagged nerubianraid. Pretty straight forward that, at one time, that goblin offhand was planned to come from a goblin raid, not a goblin raid boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Yeah, just like kultirasquest and emeralddreamoutdoor were just flukes.

Icon names have had the same structure for at least since Legion, if not WoD or longer.

xraid xoutdoor xquest. An item dropped by Xymox in Sepulcher is not "brokerraid", it's "progenitorraid". Xymox items from Nathria are "revendrethraid". An item from Nymue is "dreamraid". Even something distinct like Antumbra is "progenitorraid", not "cosmicraid" or whatever.

Acting like there is not going to be a Goblin raid when we literally have an item tagged as "goblinraid" is extreme cope.
    Last edited by Makorus; 2024-04-22 at 03:24 PM.

im hoping that the 2x bullion from the dungeon weekly event is still a thing. it existed on the PTR, but not sure if it still does. The next dungeon weekly event is in 3 weeks i think, so that will definitely help supplement bullion gearing

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, just like kultirasquest and emeralddreamoutdoor were just flukes.

Icon names have had the same structure for at least since Legion, if not WoD or longer.

xraid xoutdoor xquest. An item dropped by Xymox in Sepulcher is not "brokerraid", it's "progenitorraid". Xymox items from Nathria are "revendrethraid". An item from Nymue is "dreamraid". Even something distinct like Antumbra is "progenitorraid", not "cosmicraid" or whatever.

Acting like there is not going to be a Goblin raid when we literally have an item tagged as "goblinraid" is extreme cope.
    This. Every time we get something like this datamined some tinfoilhat theorists come around trying to find and answer to a question that's already answered. Blizzard isn't naming things in the files differently just to threw off people who see something datamined, if they really want something to be hidden they just encrypt it these days. It's the same people denying expansions leaks like the Alextrasza artwork .... usually the obvious answer is the right one, lol.

Oh hey, I was wrong about the unrelated HD assets. We got the HD Orc boat which was missing from DF!

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...385456/photo/1

I think that covers all the race boats. Unless there's a Draenei one I can't remember?

Also the Goblin zeppelins.

https://twitter.com/keyboardturn/sta...26579840242030

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    This. Every time we get something like this datamined some tinfoilhat theorists come around trying to find and answer to a question that's already answered. Blizzard isn't naming things in the files differently just to threw off people who see something datamined, if they really want something to be hidden they just encrypt it these days. It's the same people denying expansions leaks like the Alextrasza artwork .... usually the obvious answer is the right one, lol.
    It was the same thing with the Evoker quest that literally said it would unlock a new spec, and people just denied as if they would get far enough into an idea like that that they would make quests for it, and then just scrap it.

People just love being devils advocate when there is no need for it.

It was the same thing with the Evoker quest that literally said it would unlock a new spec, and people just denied as if they would get far enough into an idea like that that they would make quests for it, and then just scrap it.

People just love being devils advocate when there is no need for it.
    Speaking of playing devils advocate, I think that it was honestly a 50/50 on Augmentation because things were in the files, BUT enough that it looks as though it may have been scrapped content. As there was never a spec added mid-expansion there was no precedent, but Blizz has cut things forever, so I honestly don't think it was obvious and there was a decent argument against Aug being a real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Speaking of playing devils advocate, I think that it was honestly a 50/50 on Augmentation because things were in the files, BUT enough that it looks as though it may have been scrapped content. As there was never a spec added mid-expansion there was no precedent, but Blizz has cut things forever, so I honestly don't think it was obvious and there was a decent argument against Aug being a real thing.
    Yes but they're much tidier with that sort of thing in modern wow. Besides "Vampire Survivors" The last time something other than visual assets showed up in the game files & didn't end up released was the Liliana Voss storyline in Shadowlands.

The thing is though, even if it's scrapped content... I didn't hate it. If Blizzard has to push things, that's fine as long as it falls within the scope of the plot. Retaking Forbidden Reach, discovering Aberrus and learning more of Neltharian and the black dragonflight was the perfect time to bring it in due to its class fantasy.

I know a lot of people weren't big on the Dracthyr, but I really liked their storyline, even if it felt cut short. Sarkareth too was awesome. Neltharion casts a large shadow over a lot of WoW lore, so another failed experiment but on a much larger scale is a really cool work around to a dragon race. Sure, they're not visage forms for massive dragons like a lot of players wanted, but I think it was a really interesting way to attack it. Bold moves seem to be a Blizzard theme right now.

Now boldly give us Broken playable.

May 7 is earlier than I thought, nice.

So the calendar on the PTR seems to be right then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alleria in Dalaran as blog picture, hum

I figured a mid-late may release for Remix but man their internal predictions for Cata Classic must be rough.

may 7th for 10.2.7 , may 16th for remix. pretty soon, eh? a lot sooner than i thought

Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post
    may 7th for 10.2.7 , may 16th for remix. pretty soon, eh? a lot sooner than i thought
    Agree, was not expecting this.

Seems that they are moving with purpose, as Metzen said
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Excited that the Alleria cutscene is 10.2.7 because it increases the chances that the Attack on Dalaran gets its own trailer cinematic.

Excited that the Alleria cutscene is 10.2.7 because it increases the chances that the Attack on Dalaran gets its own trailer cinematic.
    Pretty sure the actual attack won't happen till 11.0 since the opening questline of TWW is during & immediately after that said attack. I doubt they'd make 3 separate pre-rendered cutscenes for what is essentially one protracted event. Though it might be one of their new fancy in-engine cutscenes like for the Kaldorei heritage questline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    May 7 is earlier than I thought, nice.
    Only because we thought Holly meant there was more included in 10.2.7 that we hadn't seen yet, but in actually she just meant the alpha. Now the question is Remix ending in correlation to the pre-patch or the expansion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    Alleria in Dalaran as blog picture, hum
    We already know there's a void elf campaign questline.

wasn't patch 10.2.7 supposed to have "dark heart" quests? where are those?

I would imagine it's gonna end with the start of the prepatch, because I am sure the plan is to level the character to participate in the prepatch with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reive View Post
    wasn't patch 10.2.7 supposed to have "dark heart" quests? where are those?
    It's the Alleria/Void Elf quests.

It's this bit here

ushers in the final chapter of the Dragonflight expansion setting the stage for the story in the upcoming expansion, The War Within™.