Quote Originally Posted by Reive View Post
    wasn't patch 10.2.7 supposed to have "dark heart" quests? where are those?
    wdym, they are in there

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Excited that the Alleria cutscene is 10.2.7 because it increases the chances that the Attack on Dalaran gets its own trailer cinematic.
    A full CGI cinematic about the fitght against xalatath in dalaran would have been a lot more hype than the anduin and thrall one. Expansion reveals should be as hype as they can, and as good as the anduin cinematic was, it didn't really hype people up about a new foe or adventure.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Month earlier than I thought. There was no need to start so early, so either expac is earlier than late September or pre-patch is designed to last longer.

What is more interesting, if S4 will last 12 weeks like SL version, pre-patch would land in the middle of July, which is also 8 weeks after MoP remix.

Quote Originally Posted by justwatching View Post
    I figured a mid-late may release for Remix but man their internal predictions for Cata Classic must be rough.
    If Classic would end on Cata it would be such a big fail. Many people played Classic for old world and Wrath is less time wasting way to experience it, so destroying it for the sake of just 1 more expansion would be painful.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2024-04-22 at 05:24 PM.

the alpha calendar which had remix on the 16th (now confirmed), had it ending on august 20th. seems likely thats when the prepatch event is

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    A full CGI cinematic about the fitght against xalatath in dalaran would have been a lot more hype than the anduin and thrall one. Expansion reveals should be as hype as they can, and as good as the anduin cinematic was, it didn't really hype people up about a new foe or adventure.
    That and the Khadgar situation (plus how only a small chunk of dalaran made it out) make it seem like something incredible will happen. We know it will be somewhat playable because that alpha map leaked with the webs, but it would be the crazy kind of event that they need to space to mass audiences.

Fan favorite super powerful wizard vs cool elf priestess villain would fit the bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Reive View Post
    wasn't patch 10.2.7 supposed to have "dark heart" quests? where are those?
    They're encrypted but we have their quest names.

That and the Khadgar situation (plus how only a small chunk of dalaran made it out) make it seem like something incredible will happen. We know it will be somewhat playable because that alpha map leaked with the webs, but it would be the crazy kind of event that they need to space to mass audiences.

Fan favorite super powerful wizard vs cool elf priestess villain would fit the bill.
    Well, we do know that Rhonins statue gets blown up with void energy.

I love that animation. Proves the beginning scenario will be extensive.

If something happens like a giant comet hits Dalaran, or a black hole (very likely considering Khadgars mystery status) then I think we would swap to a cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post

If Classic would end on Cata it would be such a big fail. Many people played Classic for old world and Wrath is less time wasting way to experience it, so destroying it for the sake of just 1 more expansion would be painful.

They all but confirmed MoP Classic at Blizzcon but yeah with how they are rushing through Cata and Holly's recent comments about it its clear that their internal data is pretty rough for it.

Xal'atath succeeded where both Malygos and the Legion failed (taking down Dalaran).

Xal'atath has already proven herself to be the best villain of 2020s WoW.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post
    the alpha calendar which had remix on the 16th (now confirmed), had it ending on august 20th. seems likely thats when the prepatch event is
    May 16th to August 20th puts us just over 12 weeks, double the length of Plunderstorm. 4 weeks from that for the prepatch would be September 16th, 4 months after Timerunning launch. Not a bad length. September 16th kinda checks out perfectly for 11.0 launch.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    They all but confirmed MoP Classic at Blizzcon but yeah with how they are rushing through Cata and Holly's recent comments about it its clear that their internal data is pretty rough for it.
    Cata could work only in deep, deep drought. But it is surrounded by MoP remix, S4 and SoD. Suffering from success I guess.

Month earlier than I thought. There was no need to start so early, so either expac is earlier than late September or pre-patch is designed to last longer.

What is more interesting, if S4 will last 12 weeks like SL version, pre-patch would land in the middle of July, which is also 8 weeks after MoP remix.

I hope they remake dalaran or something, it's a huge hub of player fantasy as well as a beloved 2-time hub for the 2 most loved expansions in wow :/
    I know we have suramar and the upcoming remade quel thalas as magical cities, but dalaran deserves its place as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I love that animation. Proves the beginning scenario will be extensive.

If something happens like a giant comet hits Dalaran, or a black hole (very likely considering Khadgars mystery status) then I think we would swap to a cinematic.
    Blizzard is very subtle about their love for Knaak's characters.

I hope they remake dalaran or something, it's a huge hub of player fantasy as well as a beloved 2-time hub for the 2 most loved expansions in wow :/
    I know we have suramar and the upcoming remade quel thalas as magical cities, but dalaran deserves its place as well.
    I'm certain that Dalaran will return in some form. I assume the Kirin Tor will be heavily present during Midnight just as they were for Suramar, with or without Khadgar. I agree that Dalaran is a massive icon for the game, but also central to a lot of the inner world politics. Horde and Alliance working together without Khadgar/Kirin Tor presence is just going to feel a bit unfamiliar.

Man, some dev must really hate Knaak and his characters lol

I wonder if they'll just stop doing progressive classic around pandaria and replace it with time running events at each retail's 4th season.

- - - Updated - - -

Blizzard is very subtle about their love for Knaak's characters.
    Good.

Knaak's characters suck ass. People jerking off Knaak but at the same time bitching about Danuser and his "Mary Sues" never ceases to amaze me. Time Travel bad except when Mary Sue Orc with Deus Ex axe!

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Good.

Knaak's characters suck ass. People jerking off Knaak but at the same time bitching about Danuser and his "Mary Sues" never ceases to amaze me. Time Travel bad except when Mary Sue Orc with Deus Ex axe!
    God the amount of people wanting that stupid axe...so glad we didn't get it.

Knaak has some good points, to be fair. As I recall he's responsible for how much more expanded the dragon lore is, isn't he?

On the flip side though we have Raptor Jesus Rhonin and all that...

Cata could work only in deep, deep drought. But it is surrounded by MoP remix, S4 and SoD. Suffering from success I guess.
    I think Blizzard has one of two mentalities here, or perhaps both, what with their comments about "not wanting to divide the playerbase" :

1.) Regular classic & Timerunning are both low maintenance. Unlike Sod & Retail, there's no development of new content. Once they've worked out the kinks its essentially WoW: Daycare

2.) They're actively testing Timerunning versus Classic expansions to see which is worth playing. If timerunning is wildly more popular than classic, they might end Classic at Cataclysm & start fresh on basic classic in 2025

I wonder if they'll just stop doing progressive classic around pandaria and replace it with time running events at each retail's 4th season.
    I think the future of Classic is probably Seasons because ultimately retail events cant fully replace it as the class design etc. are a huge factor. I imagine the next thing theyll do is something involving TBC.