Quote Originally Posted by Raetary View Post
    It is the artifact.
    It is a clever entendre for the title of the patch; The mcguffin Xal'atath needed, the heritage of the Dark(spear) a reference to what Garrosh sought in Pandaria (Remix)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't miss Old Gods. They were all zero personality, same plan, one-liner spamming blobs of flesh. N'zoth had promise, but it was wasted with his Lich King style of plan. Xal'atath and the "new Void" are already 100 times more interesting.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2024-04-22 at 07:05 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Why is the patch called Dark Heart, by the way?

Is Xal'atath going to show up, plunder Telogrus Rift and say "ha, ha! Now my Dark Heart is complete!"?

The name of the patch makes more sense if it's a reference to something she wants to achieve in the patch.

Besides, A Song of the Depths said the heart will be collected after Galakrond's essence. But they found the artifact before. And it didn't look broken.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Why is the patch called Dark Heart, by the way?

Is Xal'atath going to show up, plunder Telogrus Rift and say "ha, ha! Now my Dark Heart is complete!"?

The name of the patch makes more sense if it's a reference to something she wants to achieve in the patch.
    Or you know, the patch is simply named that way because the McGuffin is in focus and we will learn what it's about?

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Besides, A Song of the Depths said the heart will be collected after Galakrond's essence. But they found the artifact before. And it didn't look broken.
    Xal recieved it from Iridikron after be used it to absorb Galakrond's essence. Thus she "collected" it after that.

She's obviously going to do something with it. That's why the patch is called that.

They're releasing MoP Remix and Cata Classic 4 days apart. Seems weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    They're releasing MoP Remix and Cata Classic 4 days apart. Seems weird.
    mop remix is also releasing 2 days after the new diablo 4 season

i guess they don't care lol

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reive View Post
    mop remix is also releasing 2 days after the new diablo 4 season

i guess they don't care lol
    Strange from their POV, better for us, you have 3 months to get all stuff.

I'm guessing they have very low expectations for Cata Classic.

That or they just don't care because SoD has been so successful they are reapproaching that as the future of Classic

calendar also has mop remix ending on july 9th. so there are 2 end dates for remix on the alpha calendar. july 9th, and august 20th. perhaps prepatch + launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Strange from their POV, better for us, you have 3 months to get all stuff.
    And I will need that time

Really looking forward for MoP Remix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by doledippers View Post

calendar also has mop remix ending on july 9th. so there are 2 end dates for remix on the alpha calendar. july 9th, and august 20th. perhaps prepatch + launch?
    With 10.2.7 coming so soon I am seeing TWW in August right now.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    since they don't have annoying systems to work with they can dish out expansions faster then you'd think, i'd even say as early as mid august is possible.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    With 10.2.7 coming so soon I am seeing TWW in August right now.
    I still think it's 23th September, cause it would be strange to announce Fall '24 on Blizzcon and change mind just month later while WoW schedule is really tight.

People say in Alpha there is 20th August end date for MoP. I could see pre-patch on that day, then 2 weeks later pre-expansion event (imo event should last 3 weeks, because early release take 3 days from week in US and 4 days in EU).

But there are 2 arguments for mid July pre-patch. First, they promised 2 month patches (of course making single 3 month patch at the end wouldn't be big deal). Second, if S4 will last as long SL version (12 weeks) it would land on mid July.

I still think it's 23th September, cause it would be strange to announce Fall '24 on Blizzcon and change mind just month later while WoW schedule is really tight.

People say in Alpha there is 20th August end date for MoP. I could see pre-patch on that day, then 2 weeks later pre-expansion event (imo event should last 3 weeks, because early release take 3 days from week in US and 4 days in EU).

But there are 2 arguments for mid July pre-patch. First, they promised 2 month patches (of course making single 3 month patch at the end wouldn't be big deal). Second, if S4 will last as long SL version (12 weeks) it would land on mid July.
    Did you factor in that may 20 we get cata classic? and with its patch schedule it could cover those missing month.

i think going only by retail content could throw us off in speculating on dates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If we somehow do get a void Hunter class, I’ll be the first one to post in this thread to admit my error.
    Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    I mean, trying to worm out of the way it's the WORLDSOUL saga... yah. It's Azeroth reaching out, not some light fairy.

if u see my above post there is another date on the alpha calendar that says mop remix ends on july 9th

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Did you factor in that may 20 we get cata classic? and with its patch schedule it could cover those missing month.

i think going only by retail content could throw us off in speculating on dates.
    It's other way around, we factored Cata Classic into speculations and turned out Blizz doesn't care about it at all and release MoP Classic around same time.

Better argument for it would be TWW Beta that should arrive around late June and fill gap, but this is only for Epic edition. But aain, 3 month gap at the end isn't even big deal to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I'm guessing they have very low expectations for Cata Classic.

That or they just don't care because SoD has been so successful they are reapproaching that as the future of Classic

Yeah Holly basically said as much in one of her recent interviews.

if u see my above post there is another date on the alpha calendar that says mop remix ends on july 9th
    We know it lasts till TWW pre patch. Pre Patch wont drop in July. It's probably just a placeholder for something(10.2.7 holiday event?) or a mistake.

TWW on the Roadmap is right at the end of summer/beginning of fall which is the last week of September work back around 4 Weeks accounting for a 2 Phase Pre patch event and you get the week of August 19th for prepatch launch. They are probably going to announce this relatively soon as well I imagine.
    Last edited by justwatching; 2024-04-22 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by justwatching View Post
    It's probably just a placeholder for something or a mistake.
    i thought the same thing about may 16th for remix launch date when it showed up on the calendar last week

i thought the same thing about may 16th for remix launch date when it showed up on the calendar last week
    Except July doesnt line up with the roadmap at all(unless you believe they would do a 2+ Month prepatch) and May 16th lined up perfectly. They can let SoD breathe over the Summer and its all good.

Better argument for it would be TWW Beta that should arrive around late June and fill gap, but this is only for Epic edition. But aain, 3 month gap at the end isn't even big deal to begin with.
    Yeah its not a big deal at all. SoD level 60 is releasing in June they arent worried about subs for that period.
    Last edited by justwatching; 2024-04-22 at 08:42 PM.

I mean, they have two end dates, and one makes sense and one doesnt