I'd curious if we do get a Undermine raid. Will Kezan/Undermine being a vertical zone where you can explore both the island and the urban center underneath.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    I mean, we literally had an unfinished and scrapped raid of Abyssal Maw in game file for years, you can see it's entrance left of TotT. Same with Defense of the Alehouse BG. Things being partially implemented in the files and then scraped is nothing new.
    Blizzard has been purposefully and ritually leaking one or two icons for patch content since... at least DF launch. I forget if they did this with SL.

I really doubt it's a coincidence as each patch they leak one single item and icon, Zaralek got a shout at launch (or blackdragonoutdoors) and then a single emerald dream weapon icon. Now we get two goblin items (only one of which is a raid, the other item could be a genuine leak, or maybe it was to show it won't just be a raid?)

Rootlands map file leaking is likely a genuine leak even if the roots and Harronir are obvious foreshadowing at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    Blizzard has been purposefully and ritually leaking one or two icons for patch content since... at least DF launch. I forget if they did this with SL.

I really doubt it's a coincidence as each patch they leak one single item and icon, Zaralek got a shout at launch (or blackdragonoutdoors) and then a single emerald dream weapon icon. Now we get two goblin items (only one of which is a raid, the other item could be a genuine leak, or maybe it was to show it won't just be a raid?)

Rootlands map file leaking is likely a genuine leak even if the roots and Harronir are obvious foreshadowing at launch.
    SL had the Ardenweald raid meant for the Drustvar storyline. Instead we got Korthia and the Ardenweald defense storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Raetary View Post
    They are rather far apart.

Undermine is under Kezan, which is around the Maelstrom.
    While Khaz Algar is to the southwest, between Pandaria and Kalimdor.
    Nothing that either a small helping of retconium or some goblin technology shenanigans can't solve. Would be cool if we get to the zone via a big huge rocket or something like that.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Nothing that either a small helping of retconium or some goblin technology shenanigans can't solve. Would be cool if we get to the zone via a big huge rocket or something like that.
    Either way it doesn’t impede travel, as we’ve seen with the Zandalari visiting Pandaria. Gazlowe’s involvement seals the deal for me.

Gallywix was last seen in SL making a deal with a broker cartel who were interested in Black Empire artifacts. And Kajamite had some relation to Azerite in BFA. What better way to connect the threads than wrapping it up in TWW.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    SL had the Ardenweald raid meant for the Drustvar storyline. Instead we got Korthia and the Ardenweald defense storyline.
    There was never any data evidence of an Ardenweald raid, just a "this feels like it should've happened" with the Drust.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    While I doubt the goblin raid icon is a ruse/something that won't happen/scrapped, that's not exactly true. Has it become more true over the years that they tend to stick with what they're making? Yeah, but let's not go as far as saying "if something shows up in the files, we will get it".

I think more of the reason we don't see any of the things they stopped doing for whatever reason is because they've also gotten better at hiding things (no more filenames outside of interface files) and cleaning up as any test builds are much further in development art-wise than they were in previous expansions, and that's usually where the leaks come from/gain traction. There's plenty of minor references to things that never happened in SL/DF and maybe even TWW.

BfA was probably the last expansion where it was so clear/egregious, though. But again we only know that because of the stuff they left in after the fact, so similar things might have been the case for recent expansions too, but cleaned up.
    Yeah but that's the thing - stuff like mounts, icons etc did end up being available in Dragonflight, even if we didn't see the stuff in the patch that datamined it (prolly because they are working on more than one patch at the same time). But people here are arguing that we shouldn't take the "goblin raid" stuff seriously, which is bullshit since it's literally the same thing that happened with Zaralek Caverns and the Emerald Dream.

- - - Updated - - -

There was never any data evidence of an Ardenweald raid, just a "this feels like it should've happened" with the Drust.
    This. The "ardenweald raid weapons" were just called that because it was for the ardenweald styled transmog from the first raid. And again, that stuff literally got used in Nathria.

The only thing that kinda screamed Ardenweald/Drust raid was the weird raid portal on that one flying rock in Ardenweald, though.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Wasn't there an item description that was ardenweald_raid or something similar?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    That would be the raid weapons that you get from Nathria tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    The only thing that kinda screamed Ardenweald/Drust raid was the weird raid portal on that one flying rock in Ardenweald, though.
    Is that a thing? Then yeah, that's a good hint.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but that was for the raid weapons from the raid weapon vendor at the sanctum in season 1.

Formerly known as Arafal

The "Ardenweald Raid Portal" definitely isn't one, but could've been outfitted to be one or a portal to Thros.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._dungeon_or_a/

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, i really hope they bring the Drust back at some point.

I love their theme and aesthetic.
    And i want to see Thros.

Formerly known as Arafal

Maybe the Goblin raid is the Rootlands raid? I could easily see them endangering Elun'ahir by trying to exploit it for resources, so maybe we'll have to fight them to protect the roots.

If we're expecting three tiers and zones again, then it's hard to see them both fitting in separately, given that the last tier pretty much has to be Xal'atath. I guess she could attack the Rootlands too but I'd prefer (and expect) her to deal with Azeroth's core. Plus this way they can mix in some local monsters as bosses instead of forcing a purely Goblin raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldryth View Post
    Maybe the Goblin raid is the Rootlands raid? I could easily see them endangering Elun'ahir by trying to exploit it for resources, so maybe we'll have to fight them to protect the roots.

If we're expecting three tiers and zones again, then it's hard to see them both fitting in separately, given that the last tier pretty much has to be Xal'atath. I guess she could attack the Rootlands too but I'd prefer (and expect) her to deal with Azeroth's core. Plus this way they can mix in some local monsters as bosses instead of forcing a purely Goblin raid.
    Definitely possible with the warring life vs polluting tech vibes, but I think that they aren't going to pass up on the opportunity for Undermine no matter how far it is away. Barring a Kezan/Western Seas expansion this is the most opportune time for it, theming wise. It also ties in too well to the evergreen brawlers guild IMO.

I think the 3 tier split will have something to do with what gets delegated to be a megadungeon. Considering they have pivoted to the dungeon being more plot-related, I'm guessing Rootlands will be the dungeon. The last raid will IMO be the titan complex where the world soul is housed, and Xal going all-in on attacking it.

- - - Updated - - -

Playing the Klaxxi questline just makes me mad again that they went with Nerubians for TWW instead of Qiraji, the Aqir race that hasn't been fleshed out and actually fits the setting near Kalimdor. Barring a crazy pivot we will probably never see Qiraji ever again.

Unless they are in the last raid under Silithus, in which case, cool, but I doubt they'll be fleshed out.
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2024-05-19 at 09:00 PM.

Very possible. Seems really unlikely we would have a life themed raid after just having Amirdrassil.

I believe they also said they wanted to add more choice to TWW in an interview somewhere. But not along the lines of the loyalist campaign in BfA. So who knows, maybe their will be a conflict added to Undermine that blurs faction lines. A sort of war against nature and technology.

I think Elun'ahir's roots extending into the Core makes a lot of sense tbh. Everyone is after Azeroth that way, Life included.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    People always twist their minds to invalidate all the filenames and development info, and it's always true. People thought that Kultiras file name didn't mean anything, people thought the mention of Zaralek Caverns didn't mean anything, people thought emeralddreamoutdoor didn't mean anything, people thought the datamined Aug quest didn't mean anything.

If it's far enough along to have icons or a presence in the game, yeah, it'll probably happen. There will be a goblin raid. There is no question about it. Undermine makes the most sense seeing how we literally have an underground expansion.
    None of which you can actually clearly conclude from the presence of that item. It might be likely, but that's not the same thing. You're assuming a surety that simply isn't possible with the available information.

But it is also completely besides the point. The main thing is that we don't actually have anything pointing to Undermine in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Very possible. Seems really unlikely we would have a life themed raid after just having Amirdrassil.

I believe they also said they wanted to add more choice to TWW in an interview somewhere. But not along the lines of the loyalist campaign in BfA. So who knows, maybe their will be a conflict added to Undermine that blurs faction lines. A sort of war against nature and technology.
    If only Amirdrassil had succeeded in being a Life themed raid instead of Firelands redux plus two nature themed encounters

If only Amirdrassil had succeeded in being a Life themed raid instead of Firelands redux plus two nature themed encounters
    Considering dev quotes and Emerald Nightmare, I don't think they know how to do/are comfortable doing a full life-themed anything. It probably hits the same notes as their "we don't know how to do a fulfilling full Black Empire expansion" statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yeah but that's the thing - stuff like mounts, icons etc did end up being available in Dragonflight, even if we didn't see the stuff in the patch that datamined it (prolly because they are working on more than one patch at the same time). But people here are arguing that we shouldn't take the "goblin raid" stuff seriously, which is bullshit since it's literally the same thing that happened with Zaralek Caverns and the Emerald Dream.
    Sure, for icons specifically I think it's unlikely it won't end up happening, but a blanket "if it's in the files it's happening" is definitely not something you should live by.