1. #71981
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You realize you can remove the gems at any moment? Without losing them? These are not normal sockets that consume gems.

    You have been gimping yourself without any good reason.
    Oh yes, I know.

    I just like to see my collection of gems in my inventory. At some point I will use them, but meh, I do not really need them, honestly.

    Now that I think about it, I just cannot bother with gems unless they give something really cool. Last time I use them in my gear was probably... Cataclysm?
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2024-05-27 at 11:18 AM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  2. #71982
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Oh yes, I know.

    I just like to see my collection of gems in my inventory. At some point I will use them, but meh, I do not really need them, honestly.

    Now that I think about it, I just cannot bother with gems unless they give something really cool. Last time I use them in my gear was probably... Cataclysm?
    Are you not using the prismatic gems or not even the meta and tinkers???

  3. #71983
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Are you not using the prismatic gems or not even the meta and tinkers???
    Yes, as I have already stated, I use and like the gems that give me skills. Those I use. The other ones I am just collecting them at the moment. When I have an adequate blue piece of gear for each slot I will socket them.

    Weird I guess, but I am just too lazy with gems.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  4. #71984
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Now that I think about it, I just cannot bother with gems unless they give something really cool. Last time I use them in my gear was probably... Cataclysm?
    So you haven't done any group content in 13 years.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I heard gems even get placed back in your inventory when you scrap items they were socketed into, so unless you actively delete, sell or trade them (the latter only for stat gems) you cannot lose them.
    I accidentally scrapped items with meta and cogwheel gems in them and I did lose them. But since those two were now the only two I were missing I soon got them back from boss drops.

  5. #71985
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So you haven't done any group content in 13 years.
    Exactly. I do not raid, Mythic + or PvP. I want to eventually get into PvP, but I always have just too much stuff to do in WoW. It is a big game
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.


  6. #71986
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    So you haven't done any group content in 13 years.

    - - - Updated - - -



    I accidentally scrapped items with meta and cogwheel gems in them and I did lose them. But since those two were now the only two I were missing I soon got them back from boss drops.
    Nope, you never lost gems when you scrapped gear they were in. I've been doing that since Day 1.

  7. #71987
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Yes, as I have already stated, I use and like the gems that give me skills. Those I use. The other ones I am just collecting them at the moment. When I have an adequate blue piece of gear for each slot I will socket them.

    Weird I guess, but I am just too lazy with gems.
    Then you're missing like 50% of your characters power. That is absolutely not a valid play option in Remix.

  8. #71988
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    So they changed the expansion to make Sylvanas have a much bigger plot (she doesn't, she is literally the B plot of a zone that's completely irrelevant after 7.0 and she replaces Vol'jin who has done nothing at that point and is hardly even plot development at that point, and also doesn't have any ties to the BL storyline of Legion) and that she would be relevant in the next expansion (which they could have done regardless)?

    The rest of the post is just shitty fanfiction lmao.
    Most of what they said was assumptions and their own belief but anyone with half a brain cell could work out that the original plan for Legion did not include Argus or Antorus, and at some point prior to release that changed. It’s never been outright confirmed from a Blizz rep that “Argus replaces Thal’Dranath” but it was pretty much spelled out to us.

    Based off how things were projected to us during Legion’s development, the patch plan seemed to be: launch - Nighthold - Thal’Dranath - Broken Shore + Tomb. At some point prior to release Blizzard had the idea to go with something different and “much cooler” than Thal’Dranath. Considering Broken Shore + Tomb was always intended to be patch content in the game, same with the Nighthold, then the only possible replacement for Thal’Dranath could have been Argus.

    As for the Sylvanas stuff, I’ve never heard anything like that so can’t comment.

    If I had to make a guess for what Thal’Dranath was going to be - then an educated one would have been Naga related. We know it was primarily Elven ruins. We got a lot of Naga + Azshara content during levelling as well as the Fathom Dweller secret chain. I can only assume it would have been a mix of the continuation of Azsuna’s storyline involving Azshara, Farondis, the sea giants etc as well as some Old God shenanigans as hinted by Drak’thul as well as possibly playing into Azshara x Sargeras. I imagine the Naga content we got in Tomb was originally planned for Thal’Dranath too.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2024-05-27 at 02:28 PM.

  9. #71989
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Modern Blizzard has been converged by Gen Ys and millenials who think being subversive is good. "Actually, the Light isn't intrinsically holy and good! It's actually just another materialistic magic property and can be used for evil! Actually, the Void can be good! Actually, Illidan wasn't an evil tyrant with concubines! He actually a good guy! Actually, there was this bald guy who was really behind the Lich King and behind everything that ever happened! Actually, Dreadlords didn't serve Sargeras, they served this bald guy! Actually, the souls of Man'ari aren't damned for eternity, they can just come back and be good again! Actually, the Titans are evil! Actually, the Titan World Soul of Azeroth isn't a Titan at all!" and on and on it goes. It's to be expected.
    WoW fans try to read their own lore challenge (impossible)

  10. #71990
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Most of what they said was assumptions and their own belief but anyone with half a brain cell could work out that the original plan for Legion did not include Argus or Antorus, and at some point prior to release that changed. It’s never been outright confirmed from a Blizz rep that “Argus replaces Thal’Dranath” but it was pretty much spelled out to us.
    Broken Shore replaced Thal'dranath. It was originally just meant to be the initial opening sequence for Legion. I don't disagree that Argus was not the original plan, but what it replaced is less clear and may be wholly unknown to us.

    It should also be noted that this is not in any way special. Blizzard does such changes all the time.

  11. #71991
    i don't see why argus or antorus wouldn't have been part of the original plan for legion

  12. #71992
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Broken Shore replaced Thal'dranath. It was originally just meant to be the initial opening sequence for Legion. I don't disagree that Argus was not the original plan, but what it replaced is less clear and may be wholly unknown to us.

    It should also be noted that this is not in any way special. Blizzard does such changes all the time.
    Do you have a source or is it just your own belief; if so, any evidence to suggest that’s what it replaced?

    Their own verbiage for the replacement of Thal’Dranath was something “different and much cooler”. Considering Broken Shore was always intended to be content, as was the Tomb of Sargeras (unless you’re implying the Tomb raid would have played into Thal’Dranath), then the only other possible replacement could have been Argus.

    Broken Shore isn’t something that screams to mind as being “much cooler” than another Aszuna or Suramar styled zone. Especially so considering it was in at launch and we already knew the layout etc. Three new zones, one being Eredath, as well as heading to the headquarters of the Burning Legion is however something many would consider to be much cooler than another elven zone.

    There’s no reason to assume that we wouldn’t be returning to the Broken Shore and the Tomb of Sargeras.

    The fact of the matter is you don’t know what Thal’Dranath was replaced by, and neither do I. Because Blizzard have never made an official statement clearing it up. We can begin to make educated guesses based off the evidence we do have and the evidence points towards it being replaced by Argus.

    The Broken Shore’s lore name being Thal’Dranath is also irrelevant. Because at the time of concept, both were seperate locations. They just decided to use the name of Thal’Dranath as the original elvish name for the Broken Shore just to keep some cohesion.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2024-05-27 at 03:43 PM.

  13. #71993
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Most of what they said was assumptions and their own belief but anyone with half a brain cell could work out that the original plan for Legion did not include Argus or Antorus, and at some point prior to release that changed. It’s never been outright confirmed from a Blizz rep that “Argus replaces Thal’Dranath” but it was pretty much spelled out to us.

    Based off how things were projected to us during Legion’s development, the patch plan seemed to be: launch - Nighthold - Thal’Dranath - Broken Shore + Tomb. At some point prior to release Blizzard had the idea to go with something different and “much cooler” than Thal’Dranath. Considering Broken Shore + Tomb was always intended to be patch content in the game, same with the Nighthold, then the only possible replacement for Thal’Dranath could have been Argus.

    As for the Sylvanas stuff, I’ve never heard anything like that so can’t comment.

    If I had to make a guess for what Thal’Dranath was going to be - then an educated one would have been Naga related. We know it was primarily Elven ruins. We got a lot of Naga + Azshara content during levelling as well as the Fathom Dweller secret chain. I can only assume it would have been a mix of the continuation of Azsuna’s storyline involving Azshara, Farondis, the sea giants etc as well as some Old God shenanigans as hinted by Drak’thul as well as possibly playing into Azshara x Sargeras. I imagine the Naga content we got in Tomb was originally planned for Thal’Dranath too.
    I mean, yeah, they said Thaldranath was removed to add something much cooler, and the only need new zones we got in Legion were the Broken Shores, which isn't even a new zone, and also not "much cooler", and Argus, implying at least three-zone Argus wasn't planned, or it was way smaller.

    The issue is when you start putting "there are just too many things that coincide with leaks that spelled out the original plan for legion" in your post, but you conveniently can't list anything and then make up things in the same breath.

    My theory? Argus was always gonna appear, but it was literally just gonna be one zone and Antorus.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Broken Shore replaced Thal'dranath. It was originally just meant to be the initial opening sequence for Legion. I don't disagree that Argus was not the original plan, but what it replaced is less clear and may be wholly unknown to us.

    It should also be noted that this is not in any way special. Blizzard does such changes all the time.
    ?????? the Broken Shore literally had the Tomb of Sargeras, which was the portal for the Legion invasion in the first place.

    In what world are they gonna make a zone for a 20 minute scenario and just scrap it?

  14. #71994
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, yeah, they said Thaldranath was removed to add something much cooler, and the only need new zones we got in Legion were the Broken Shores, which isn't even a new zone, and also not "much cooler", and Argus, implying at least three-zone Argus wasn't planned, or it was way smaller.

    The issue is when you start putting "there are just too many things that coincide with leaks that spelled out the original plan for legion" in your post, but you conveniently can't list anything and then make up things in the same breath.

    My theory? Argus was always gonna appear, but it was literally just gonna be one zone and Antorus.

    - - - Updated - - -



    ?????? the Broken Shore literally had the Tomb of Sargeras, which was the portal for the Legion invasion in the first place.

    In what world are they gonna make a zone for a 20 minute scenario and just scrap it?
    I think you’re confusing me with someone else. I’ve not mentioned anything about original leaks for Legion, so I’m not really sure what point you’re trying to make there.

    I’m saying that all evidence points towards Argus replacing Thal’Dranath based off comments from Blizzard, how the story was being built, and just general common sense.

    As for the last bit in terms of what Thal’Dranath could have been, that was me just throwing out ideas of what I could have seen it being based on what else we got during that expansion.

  15. #71995
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    I think you’re confusing me with someone else. I’ve not mentioned anything about original leaks for Legion, so I’m not really sure what point you’re trying to make there.

    I’m saying that all evidence points towards Argus replacing Thal’Dranath based off comments from Blizzard, how the story was being built, and just general common sense.

    As for the last bit in terms of what Thal’Dranath could have been, that was me just throwing out ideas of what I could have seen it being based on what else we got during that expansion.
    Sorry, I thought you were getting at me for calling out Foolicious on his headcanon.

  16. #71996
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    - - - Updated - - -



    ?????? the Broken Shore literally had the Tomb of Sargeras, which was the portal for the Legion invasion in the first place.

    In what world are they gonna make a zone for a 20 minute scenario and just scrap it?
    With unique architecture too such as the Tomb itself. There’s zero reason to believe we wouldn’t have revisited either.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Sorry, I thought you were getting at me for calling out Foolicious on his headcanon.
    No worries, I wasn’t doing that.

    I agree with your point that it’s possible Argus was always going to be seen but it was expanded to more zones when we lost Thal’Dranath.

    Eredath for example definitely felt very late in development in terms of being thrown in. It felt like a complete different story to the rest of the Legion storyline. The colour schemes of Eredath may have well been what was originally planned for Thal’Dranath too.

    Either way, if Argus was planned or not; I think it’s fair to say Blizz would have felt players would have complained if it was say for example, just the Antoran Wastes. Maybe Eredath was their something “much cooler”?

    It’s something I hope they clarify one day but I doubt it.

  17. #71997
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    With unique architecture too such as the Tomb itself.
    And that's it. The rest is a rather barren island. Tomb was always going to be a raid, but Broken Shore was not originally intended to be a zone.

  18. #71998
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And that's it. The rest is a rather barren island. Tomb was always going to be a raid, but Broken Shore was not originally intended to be a zone.
    I think it makes more logical sense that the Broken Shore was always going to be the patch zone paired with the Tomb Raid. They already admitted thal dranath was supposed to be where the intro scenario was set & the same pre-alpha map that shows that island also placed Tomb on the landmass between dranath & suramar.

    Clearly what happened is they realized the Intro scenario zone & Broken shore didn't need to be two separate zones.

    I think they chose to go to argus when they were struggling to make a *third* highborne raid location where players would fight the Avatar of Sargeras & simply moved that fight to the end of Tomb.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2024-05-27 at 09:30 PM.

  19. #71999
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And that's it. The rest is a rather barren island. Tomb was always going to be a raid, but Broken Shore was not originally intended to be a zone.
    Okay, and again - your source? If it’s an educated guess, where’s your evidence to suggest that it wasn’t intended to be a zone?

    Let’s look at all other introductory zones to an expansion.

    Tanaan Jungle - we later get it as a zone.
    The Maw - we also later get it as a zone.
    The Forbidden Reach - not quite the same as the previous two but still an introductory zone to the storyline of Dragonflight and the Dragon Isles. Later used as a zone for all other non Dracthyr races.

    It’s highly doubtful that Blizzard would go to the effort to create a zone to not be used at all again barring the introduction to the expansion. Especially when it’s housing what would undoubtedly become a raid, and not just a raid, but one of the must iconic lore areas in Warcraft.

    Why in your mind, was Broken Shore not intended to be a zone?

    Because right now, there’s no evidence to suggest that. You just repeating something over and over doesn’t make it true, even if you do believe it yourself.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    I think it makes more logical sense that the Broken Shore was always going to be the patch zone paired with the Tomb Raid. They already admitted thal dranath was supposed to be where the intro scenario was set & the same pre-alpha map that shows that island also placed Tomb on the landmass between dranath & suramar.

    Clearly what happened is they realized the Intro scenario zone & Broken shore didn't need to be two separate zones.

    I think they chose to go to argus when they were struggling to make a *third* highborne raid location where players would fight the Avatar of Sargeras & simply moved that fight to the end of Tomb.
    Why would we fight the Avatar of Sargeras at another location than the tomb that it’s literally buried at and named after? It’s far more likely that at the time the final raid of the expansion was Tomb of Sargeras with both the Avatar and Kil’Jaeden remaining the final two bosses. It’s far more likely that Thal’Dranath would have been the usual “filler” raid that we previously used to get in the expansions prior to Legion. Naga themed is a strong possibility.
    Last edited by Santandame; 2024-05-27 at 09:32 PM.

  20. #72000
    Have we heard yet if we are getting shorts with TWW?

    The DF ones were kind of lame but I have hope they can pick it back up again with the WSS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •