10+ Year Old Account
    Is this a new set? I genuinely think I've never seen it before (The belt is from the Kirin Tor Scholar set and the boots I think I've seen. The chest/crystal collar is completely throwing me off).

By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Is this a new set? I genuinely think I've never seen it before (The belt is from the Kirin Tor Scholar set and the boots I think I've seen.
    Its the TWW pre-order set mixed with the shop kirin tor set.

I think the boots are from Plunderlord set.

This was a funny Short, but not in the way they wanted. It was supposed to be a Tmog celebration, tagget with "When transmog is the endgame and you are final boss", but after this initial mix piece set, it just went Full Set Andy for the rest of the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Is this a new set? I genuinely think I've never seen it before (The belt is from the Kirin Tor Scholar set and the boots I think I've seen. The chest/crystal collar is completely throwing me off).

Collar is from the Stormrider races. It's part of the chest.

That's just a mix of various different sets, that's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah. Didn't think to look at that set. Didn't realize it had a collar and thought there was more plate one the chest as opposed to those belts.

Why is Jaina in the new TWW artwork? Sure she's very popular since W3 and specially since BFA with her remodel, but I thought she was not going to have any prominent role in TWW. I was also surprised to see her in the latest cinematic in dalaran. Could they be setting her up as Khadgar replacement or something like that?

Why are people surprised to see Jaina in the artwork? We've known she's in Isle of Dorn since... huh... pretty much since the first alpha pic came out over one month ago.

Furthermore, this franchise, like every long-running franchies, runs on nostalgia. Jaina is one of the legends from WC3, so of course she will always be featured prominently in every expansion. I was actually surprised that DF didn't feature her as much as BfA, Sl, and TWW did, but then again, outliers exist.

Also, shouldn't Jaina be fangirling hard from seeing Turalyon and Alleria? They are pretty much living legends and she's part of the new generation who grew up on stories of the Second War.

Either way, enjoy taking quests from Lady Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by allegrian View Post
    Why is Jaina in the new TWW artwork? Sure she's very popular since W3 and specially since BFA with her remodel, but I thought she was not going to have any prominent role in TWW. I was also surprised to see her in the latest cinematic in dalaran. Could they be setting her up as Khadgar replacement or something like that?
    I'm maintaining my insane dose of Copium that we will see Khadgar return at some point. I refuse to let go

10+ Year Old Account
    The artwork seems to be some artistic representation of the Dalaran aftermath, right? Jaina and Alleria's reactions, the blueish magic seeping from the ground, Alleria holding the Kirin Tor standard.

Not to mention Anduin looking defeated as if he's going "Oh fuck.." after witnessing something bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Also, shouldn't Jaina be fangirling hard from seeing Turalyon and Alleria? They are pretty much living legends and she's part of the new generation who grew up on stories of the Second War.

Either way, enjoy taking quests from Lady Jaina.
    Jaina did meet Turalyon and Alleria before in shadows rising and she wasn't a huge fan of them. Anduin even brings up the fact that they are heroes of the alliance which jaina brushes off with something like "even heroes can change". (Don't remember what she said exactly).
    She doesn't dislike them, but she definetly isn't fangirling over them.

Quote Originally Posted by milkmustache View Post
    I'm maintaining my insane dose of Copium that we will see Khadgar return at some point. I refuse to let go
    I'm more worried about Dalaran itself than khadgar... Losing another full city and such an iconic one is sad. Hope we get a promise of getting a new dalaran in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in stories like this, if we wont see him killed Varian-style in a cutscene and instead he goes missing during the catastrophe, then he is alive.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm more worried about Dalaran itself than khadgar... Losing another full city and such an iconic one is sad. Hope we get a promise of getting a new dalaran in the future.
    Eh, let's not forget Dalaran was already destroyed once and then rebuild. But I grown bored of the place so tis fine it's gone.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I know that consensus seems to be that Silvermoon will be reclaimed as some large hub for Midnight, but I'm still leaning in the camp that maybe we'd see a rebuilt Dalaran. Far less convinced than I was pre-alpha, but I think it's still possible.

I just think that Silvermoon would be an incredible, incredible questing zone.

Well, we had his mentor come back somehow. It's not totally out of possibility.

I hope we see Kahdgar back, a new rebuilt dalaran and Dalaranian humans as a new allied race. Kahdgar sporting a new Merlin/Gandalf-esque look, leader of the Council of Six, leading Dalaran and a new playable race of lithe humans with the sorcerer wizard archetype for customizations (long beards, fancy hairstyles, etc).

I love the idea of having the several human kingdoms as fleshed out, distinct playable "races" like we got with Stormwind, Gilneas, Kul'Tiras and Lordaeron (forsaken). Plus, it seems like the Arathi, the original one, would not be difficult to implement (looking at the alpha), and they'd fulfill the more religious theme of the human culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    I hope we see Kahdgar back, a new rebuilt dalaran and Dalaranian humans as a new allied race. Kahdgar sporting a new Merlin/Gandalf-esque look, leader of the Council of Six, leading Dalaran and a new playable race of lithe humans with the sorcerer wizard archetype for customizations (long beards, fancy hairstyles, etc).

I love the idea of having the several human kingdoms as fleshed out, distinct playable "races" like we got with Stormwind, Gilneas, Kul'Tiras and Lordaeron (forsaken). Plus, it seems like the Arathi, the original one, would not be difficult to implement (looking at the alpha), and they'd fulfill the more religious theme of the human culture.
    The wizard beards for humans are long overdue, our only option are short races like gnomes and dwarves for their wizard beards, but they're too short to feel the same as the classic wizard archetype.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Well, in stories like this, if we wont see him killed Varian-style in a cutscene and instead he goes missing during the catastrophe, then he is alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, let's not forget Dalaran was already destroyed once and then rebuild. But I grown bored of the place so tis fine it's gone.
    The thing is dalaran is not only a physical place, it's a symbol, like the mage hub (literally in Legion), one of the original human kingdoms, the main hub of 2 of the most beloved expansions and is basically wow's hogwarts seeing how even kaelthas, the king of the magic elves learned magic there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post

I like the idea of those customizations being added to humans, but I think if Dalaranian Humans become an allied race there would be a legitimate outrage.

He'll definitely be back in pure Gandalf the White style. He's a great anchor for the story without having to dilute the uniqueness of Horde and Alliance leaders. It's a lot more fun to have all-knowing wizard dictate two bickering groups to fight together than it is to just have assumed unity and no flavor to it.

Classic Wizard customization for humans? Yes please.

Classic Wizard customization as a another Allied Race that should have been a customization option instead? No thank you.

I like the idea of those customizations being added to humans, but I think if Dalaranian Humans become an allied race there would be a legitimate outrage.

He'll definitely be back in pure Gandalf the White style. He's a great anchor for the story without having to dilute the uniqueness of Horde and Alliance leaders. It's a lot more fun to have all-knowing wizard dictate two bickering groups to fight together than it is to just have assumed unity and no flavor to it.
    Why do you think there'd be outrage? Not to be combative, just genuinely asking.
    I get that some people prefer for there to be more customizations to base races than new allied races. But the playable humans we have are very clearly established to be from Stormwind. Wouldn't it be cool to have a new group, with unique racials, mounts, city, aesthetics, join the fray? Instead of having new customizations that you can roleplay as being a "dalaranian human" without having that recognized in game?

I feel like some of the grievances about allied races don't make much sense. Because they *are* new customizations for the base races, just with *more* attached to it.
    Is it that people perceive the extra work they have in creating a racial mount/racials/totems/paladin mount comes at the expense of developing something else?
    If they're going to spend resources making new customizations anyway, I find it to be even better that they use them to flesh out an unexplored group/race/political faction than to have more of the same.
    Personally, I hated that we got wildhammer customization baked into the bronzebeards, while dark irons actually got premium treatment (racials, heritage armor, mounts, totems, intro quests).
    Obviously, in an ideal world we would get both new customizations and new allied races and eventually regular new races.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    Questing through Cataclysm again and oh boy. The frat bro culture stench was really all over the game back then

A complete polar opposite to how queer and "woke" Dragonflight feels
    Wait until you hear how social media influence works