Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The naaru don't talk. They communicate telepathically.

As for pure sound, I suggested that to be their form in the Plane of Light. I see no value in going into the plane of Light. We could perhaps visit Zereth Lumen down the line but why go to the plane?
    Ideally, the further away from any Zereths we are in the future, the better. I'd rather not have more of those big (narrative; the actual aesthetics are nice enough) uglies staining the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Ideally, the further away from any Zereths we are in the future, the better. I'd rather not have more of those big (narrative; the actual aesthetics are nice enough) uglies staining the lore.
    Honestly I could see way, way down the line an expansion that takes place IN the Zereths. Instead of having them as expansion zones, make an expansion out of the five left (maybe adding Zereth Mortis+ Sepulcher as a sixth zone)

The naaru don't talk. They communicate telepathically.

As for pure sound, I suggested that to be their form in the Plane of Light. I see no value in going into the plane of Light. We could perhaps visit Zereth Lumen down the line but why go to the plane?
    We could go to the Plane cause Pantheon of Light and other ordeals.

If it makes Expansion content potential, there is no reason Blizzard wouldn't go through with making it.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, outside of the fact that they're the workshops of each Cosmic Force, how do they stain anything really?

I think it was clear since Day 1 that Zereth Mortis was a place forbidden for basically anyone to explore. Us going there was an impossible event. Like, being honest here, Cosmic Realms alone are rather hard to explore, especially the Shadowlands, which was downright "not meant for mortal eyes". I don't think I need to explain just how crazy entering a Zereth is, much less it's inner sanctum. Reminder that not even the Pantheons are allowed to enter the place of their creation. This likely applies to Light and Void too.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I wouldn't be shocked if both DF, and possibly the next expac or 2 decided to keep things grounded for a bit or at the very least better allowed for more Cosmic set up so the next Cosmic Realm is better received by the player base.

I feel like if both BFA and SL followed the DF roadmap, or hell, if SL alone followed the DF roadmap route, things would've ended up much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I could see way, way down the line an expansion that takes place IN the Zereths. Instead of having them as expansion zones, make an expansion out of the five left (maybe adding Zereth Mortis+ Sepulcher as a sixth zone)
    Please no. God no. Do you want to kill the franchise?

Maaaaaybe in a few years when almost no one remembers SL we can have one of them as a patch zone.

BTW I watched the Bellular video about world revamp that everybody is bitching about and is just an ok video. It does not bring anything new, but interesting, nonetheless.

I find quite curious that every new asset / building has the exact same sizes than the old ones. I do not know how to take that. Might be something about the sizes of races, might imply that they are just doing a visual revamp (which as I have previously stated, does not make much sense to me), or might imply a phased revamp (which again, I do not think that It would work well, but hell, is better than no revamp).
    Last edited by Darkarath; 2023-05-29 at 02:23 PM.
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post

Maaaaaybe in a few years when almost no one remembers SL we can have one of them as a patch zone.

BTW I watched the Bellular video about world revamp that everybody is bitching about and is just an ok video. It does not bring anything new, but interesting, nonetheless.

I find quite curious that every new asset / building has the exact same sizes than the old ones. I do not know how to take that. Might be something about the sizes of races, might imply that they are just doing a visual revamp (which as I have previously stated, does not make much sense to me), or might imply a phased revamp (which again, I do not think that It would work well, but hell, is better than no revamp).
    Idek why people hate the Zereths regardless. We've only been to 1 of them so far, and we know that the Zereths are impossible places to go to.

Hell, we basically weren't even supposed to be there, so I doubt we'll see another one in the long run regardless.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I know people hate the idea of Cosmic Factories creating the Gods and whatnot, but that's primarily why places like Zereth Mortis are so forbidden to begin with, nobody is supposed to see that, especially mortals, who worship these gods.

What do you think "way down the line" means?

- - - Updated - - -

We talked about it with @Marlamin in this thread. If the world objects are spatially identical you could theoretically just replace them in the overworld via batch process. Just do a visual update. The terrain needs to be repainted but you could potentially replace buildings and other objects, maybe even trees by just replacing the object files.

The way I see it the big issue with a visual update is NOT the visual update. If you change the terrain even a little, every NPC, their routes, quests and quest objectives, anything is now suddenly tied to the wrong spot. If you can maintain the coordinates for the active zone areas though, you do the replacement and you are done.
    And one hopeful detail; old world border areas are UNUSED. They have no quests, no mobs. You can smooth out the terrain without disturbing NPC routes or quest flows. You probably would need to add something there but that's it. And consider Dragonflight; we move between zone borders constantly.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2023-05-29 at 02:43 PM.

Light, please, free me from the Blue Dragonflight chain, it never ends. It's the worst garbage I've seen in my life. I'm right now forced to drink tea and listen to kazoo music like in some shitty, generic chinese game. The fact that people is saying it's the best writing in a decade it's making my head spin.
    Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    Not among Dragons. Among Aspects. And it's not just about love and affection, or even banging. It's about breeding. Laying eggs. It's weird.

But what you just said is also kind of exactly why this is so weird. "[...] is simply normal among [...]" is a rational way of approaching fantasy. It's the only way you make sense of something like Game of Thrones, which is full of misogyny, slavery, etc. It's common for the people you're observing, and because of this, it's acceptable to see it happen. It's OK to write stories about it. But for the Blizzard team, almost nothing has been acceptable as of late. They're replacing women with fruits in paintings, for heaven's sake. So why is this particular thing accepted?
    If it's about eggs or breeding, it's not polyamory though. Far from it.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    If it's about eggs or breeding, it's not polyamory though. Far from it.
    I think it depends. Alex seemed to have a loving relationship with her Consorts but Krasus was clearly her prime consort. Malygos was insane so we cannot really judge his relations but what we saw of him and Sindragosa is markedly different from his relation with Saragosa. Nozdormu only seems to have Soridormi and clearly cares for her as did Ysera for Eranikus. So I think with the exception of Alex, the rest had a Prime consort who is/was their partner in life and other partners were secondary. Which indeed is NOT polyamory.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I don't know how much reddit has the same discussions we have but I often feel our discussions are just farmed for content . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielKnight View Post
    Light, please, free me from the Blue Dragonflight chain, it never ends. It's the worst garbage I've seen in my life. I'm right now forced to drink tea and listen to kazoo music like in some shitty, generic chinese game. The fact that people is saying it's the best writing in a decade it's making my head spin.
    So don't do it? It's just story. You're not missing out on anything.

WoW fans when the Blue Dragonflight finally gets a bright future and a happy ending after thousands of years of suffering and endangerment:

- - - Updated - - -

Crazy how the term "Warcraft" is basically an ironic name, more so showcasing just how bad War is and whatnot.

You can always go back to afk valddrakken queue simulator, you don't have to do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    You want back that 30 sec of your life you spent on that tea drinking moment?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    You've got a solid point, I did love Mechagon even though it felt like Kul Tiras, same with TI and QD.

As for flying... you're right, in a small zone it could create issues with rares. Forbidden Reach isn't that small but dragonriding makes zones at the same time bigger and smaller due to how fast (but awesome and immersive) it is to travel around! I wonder how they'd make it work in an underground zone. Massive hollow cavern similar to Deepholme perhaps?
    So far Dragonriding seems quite hampered by the underground cavern systems. In the open world you can cheat a bit by flying very high and then glide down to regain vigor. Since 10.1 I swear they did a ninja nerf of Dragonriding somehow. Before the patch you could quickly tap the acceleration forward button and fly almost entirely through the Creche on the Forbidden Reach. Afterwards it seems to dismount you much faster indoors. Also during the beginning of the expansion I could fly back and forth across the whole dragon isles while in midair and never loose much vigor. Now, seems like I run out of gas a lot sooner.

Speculating on future flight issues moving forward from what I've read in the datamines looks like there are going to be two types of flying. I think it's called static and dynamic. Static being the old form of flying and dynamic being Dragonriding. While I don't hate Dragonriding I would like to have the option to use other mounts and to switch back and forth between the two options.

That said lets see where the upcoming Kalimdor Dragon races lead us to!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    You want back that 30 sec of your life you spent on that tea drinking moment?
    I mean I kinda feel like that about the whole Bronze Dragonflight thing with Nozdormu and Chromie.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    So far Dragonriding seems quite hampered by the underground cavern systems.
    The issue is that Zaralek has a relatively low ceiling and has very minor elevation differences. Imagine if e.g. Glimerogg and its waterfalls were much higher than most of the zone and the cavern opened up more significantly.
    It also really failed to take advantage of the 3D space; they could have added points of interest in stalactites; imagine if the Gaze of Neltharion and Drekazera were hanging from the ceiling instead of being at ground level. Vashj'ir a decade ago had a vastly more creative use of 3D space than Dragon Isles did so far.

The issue is that Zaralek has a relatively low ceiling and has very minor elevation differences. Imagine if e.g. Glimerogg and its waterfalls were much higher than most of the zone and the cavern opened up more significantly.
    It also really failed to take advantage of the 3D space; they could have added points of interest in stalactites; imagine if the Gaze of Neltharion and Drekazera were hanging from the ceiling instead of being at ground level. Vashj'ir a decade ago had a vastly more creative use of 3D space than Dragon Isles did so far.
    Agreed. There is some small pockets in the ceiling where you can land, but they are unused.
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    So don't do it? It's just story. You're not missing out on anything.
    I kinda want those crests to be honest. I won't do it on my alts tho, that's for sure. Way too much time wasted on basically crappy fetch quests with zero challenge involved.

I mean I kinda feel like that about the whole Bronze Dragonflight thing with Nozdormu and Chromie.
    Yeah, they're on par on sillyness. On a side note, I though the voice acting overall was awful, except maybe for Azuregos, the only guy who I actually knew who he was.
    Battle for Azeroth
    Best focking Axpansion!

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Agreed. There is some small pockets in the ceiling where you can land, but they are unused.
    I am increasingly convinced that the engine simply cannot handle multiple events on the same z coordinate. Because their level designers are quite good and I don't see why they would be so restrained with making use of verticality. Both this and interior areas outside instanced content are so scarcely used (and interior areas replicate the same area dozens of times in each xpac) that it must be an engine limitation.

- - - Updated - - -

With the Bronze flight quests, the quests themselves are reasonably serious. It's just Chromie and the voice acting that pulls you out of the fantasy instantly. And from the few things available in 10.1.5 the VA has gone camp to the wall only it doesn't seem to work for her nearly as well as for other characters perhaps because there is no threat to it; it just sounds childlike.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Crazy how the term "Warcraft" is basically an ironic name, more so showcasing just how bad War is and whatnot.
    Is that a good thing for the franchise?

Is that a good thing for the franchise?
    Yes, because it's quite literally been the case since at least WC2.