7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Well, it seems that 10.1.5 will be the end of the Infinite Dragonflight story in DF. I hope that at least Murozond is created for future plots.

But this fact leaves us with more questions about 10.3. Where the hell are we going after 10.2? I refuse to believe that 10.2 is the last patch of DF. No chance IMO.
    Avaloren.

/10chars

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Well, it seems that 10.1.5 will be the end of the Infinite Dragonflight story in DF. I hope that at least Murozond is created for future plots.

But this fact leaves us with more questions about 10.3. Where the hell are we going after 10.2? I refuse to believe that 10.2 is the last patch of DF. No chance IMO.
    My guess is a raid set beneath Tyrhold, truly exploring Uldorus.

The patch will have a heavy Red Dragonflight focus in which we face off against titan constructs such as Odyn, Tyr, Archaedas etc. it’ll wrap up the Tyr storyline nicely and explain the “betrayal” of Tyr that Alextrasza will allegedly play a hand in.

Possibly an Alex and Vyranoth team up as the story in the upcoming model is that they were previously very close friends.

Wraps up the DF storyline nicely with every Flight getting an associated patch and storyline, as well as touching on the titans opposing the Dragonflights. We could also get our first glimpse at the heretics that make their home on Avaloren, which I imagine will be a new race. I could also see Chromatus thrown in here as a boss.

10.0 - Primalists with a heavy focus on the Blue Flight as Kalec leads us in the raid alongside Khadgar. The Blue Flight were also guarding Raszagath’s prison on the Forbidden Reach and the Vault of the Incarnates raid was originally supposed to take place in the Azure Span and be the climax of that zones storyline.

10.1 - Heavy focus on the Black Flight with the new raid and zone revolving around their storyline, as well as the Blue Flight getting a quest chain to wrap up loose ends.

10.1.5 - Bronze Flight mega dungeon as well as Bronze dailies, world events and quest chains.

10.2 - The Primalists invade the Dream. It’s most likely to be Vyranoth leading this invasion though it could be either Fyrakk or Iridikron. Will obviously be a huge Green Flight focus.

10.3 - Red Flight vs. Titans. Likely to take place in Uldorus. Finally get focus on the Red Flight as well the conclusion to the Tyr/Odyn/Alex storyline of which seeds have been planted lately.

All Flights get a highlight and 10.3 focusing on those story threads would well and truly set up future Avaloren plot points.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still anticipating the creation of a new flight, if not a "reoriginating" of one or more existing flights into a new one. A metallic dragonflight, specifically. Likely silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    I'm still anticipating the creation of a new flight, if not a "reoriginating" of one or more existing flights into a new one. A metallic dragonflight, specifically. Likely silver.
    Which flight do you see reforming?

The most likely flight I see joining, if we were to get one, would be the elemental/primal dragons that could end up defecting to our side with Vyranoth leading them.

I suppose the various elemental dragons together could constitute a metallic flight?

I think the color scheme needs more of a blend. Orange, purple, gray, brown...demand to be represented!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think the color scheme needs more of a blend. Orange, purple, gray, brown...demand to be represented!
    We have purple with the Twilight Dragonflight. I’m surprised we haven’t seen an orange flight though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    Which flight do you see reforming?

The most likely flight I see joining, if we were to get one, would be the elemental/primal dragons that could end up defecting to our side with Vyranoth leading them.

I suppose the various elemental dragons together could constitute a metallic flight?
    My original thought was that each chromatic flight would be born anew. Now I'm leaning toward, as you say, Vyranoth leading the remnants of the primalists in a reorigination using that silver scale.

It has always seemed odd to me that Blizzard has never utilized the metallic dragon trope (bronze not actually being truly bronze). If they're going to do it, this is pretty much their only opportunity. If I am not mistaken, the Aspects still have not received their Aspectral powers again. I would presume that this event is accompanied by some sort of metallic dragonflight being introduced alongside.

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    gold? iirc when aspects poured all their juice into the Dragon Soul held by Thrall (or is it called demon soul?), it formed a golden slitherdrake, which was later sold as Heart of the Aspects in the shop.
    ig the primals could consitute a free flight. same option for stormdrakes/twilights/infinites?

btw, there was an interview, in which Ion said that there won't be twilights in DF. could be a lie, considering that "there's no old gods in BfA", but could as easily be true.
    a missed opportunity, considering that
    a) there's a shitton of twilight eggs under grim batol
    b) said eggs result from Alex's rape
    c) twilights are free after N'zoth's fall - or at least some of them. compare the Ny'alotha AotC mount
    d) she called them "no longer my children" in DS, before Ultraxion. understandably contradicts her values
    e) these children are hated by everyone for what they are.
    overcoming trauma and reconciliation story writes itself
    Last edited by guro-tchai; 2023-06-19 at 01:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even if Vyranoth ends up moving away from Iridikron, why would she suddenly do a full 180 and embrace the titans magic to form another aspectral flight?

If anything she would simply become neutral, or form a purely political 'primal' flight.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Even if Vyranoth ends up moving away from Iridikron, why would she suddenly do a full 180 and embrace the titans magic to form another aspectral flight?

If anything she would simply become neutral, or form a purely political 'primal' flight.
    I've always thought that Vyranoth could separate from the Primalists and take willing protodrakes under her wings; and the Aspects letting her have a seat at Valdrakken, effectively giving the protodrakes a voice in dragon matters. We've already seen issues of political unrest in Valdrakken with the drakkonid uprising and subsequent quelling with Alexstrasza understanding their concerns and giving them voices.

I noticed Vyranoth seemed particularly affected by Raszageth's death in the 10.0.5 cinematic (where the Incarnates get Aberrus' location-disc-thing). Can definitely see her just want to avoid any more deaths altogether. Will have to see her characterization in the upcoming novel. End of October, should just slip in before or during 10.2 by rights, yeah?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

That silver scale just reads as a Chekhov's gun to me. If you introduce a silver dragon scale, it opens the door to there being silver dragon introduced later on. And complete 180 is how Blizzard writes characters. Rarely do their opinions move in increments. Their idea of character development (if a character develops at all) is often the near-complete reinvention of the character after an inciting incident.
    Last edited by Berkilak; 2023-06-19 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    That silver scale just reads as a Chekhov's gun to me. If you introduce a silver dragon scale, it opens the door to there being silver dragon introduced later on. And complete 180 is how Blizzard writes characters. Rarely do their opinions move in increments. Their idea of character development (if a character develops at all) is often the near-complete reinvention of the character after an inciting incident.
    It doesn't really hit the marks for that trope. It's far to important right out the gate and gets too much attention over the course of the story involving it.

McGuffin fits better for the way its used, and any connection to a Silver flight is unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt or never considered a silver Dragonflight anyways. Silver scale...silver hand yeah thats the connection(Its related to Tyr).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I doubt or never considered a silver Dragonflight anyways. Silver scale...silver hand yeah thats the connection(Its related to Tyr).
    I mean, we pretty much already learned it's purpose. It was a failsafe for Tyr, containing access codes for Tyrhold and the blueprint for his body.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really like how the post raid questline actually makes use of the raid and lets you explore it.

Formerly known as Arafal

Completely wild speculation on the scale, but, with Vyranoth being the incarnate most likely to join our side, could be tied there. They offered to make her aspect of a silver flight but she turned it down or similar, or she'll be wounded in Indrikron's inevitable takedown of Fryak once he inevitably goes crazy and decide to jump ship, and we'll use it to heal her or something

I dunno. Just throwing ideas out there

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeram View Post
    I think if they are removing stuff like that we should remove the culling dungeon also. Killing innocent woman man an children is fucked up. I understand the thought process but i don’t want to take part in killing a bunch of innocent people
    Man-up snowflake it's A GAME, you can do it or not to do it, but mind you each day kids killing millions of innocent "NPC" people in Fortnite or any other game, and yet games doing it left and right, care about REAL WORLD more or soon enough you gonna be out of clean water and all animals dead, while you protected innocent NPC.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2023-06-20 at 01:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Jesus christ.... what has this game turned into...
    Please tell me this is a troll.
    The softening of an entire generation didn't stay in reality, it also extended into fiction. God forbid there be any form of mature content or dark writing. Its really sad that everything must hit a certain PC level to be acceptable writing these days.
    Classes/Specs: Retribution Paladin, Outlaw Rogue, Frost Mage, Destruction Warlock.

Vanilla veteran of both factions since '04. Former high end player, now casually playing simply to keep up with the lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateo View Post
    The softening of an entire generation didn't stay in reality, it also extended into fiction. God forbid there be any form of mature content or dark writing. Its really sad that everything must hit a certain PC level to be acceptable writing these days.
    The quest was in poor taste, get the heck over it. Nothing to do with "the softening of a generation"
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Ateo View Post
    Eh. Personally I am a fan of darker content. I don't believe there are themes too taboo to explore in media. However with that said, you still need to give these darker themes the proper gravity to show them respect and how they impact real life individuals. Otherwise its just cheap and gratuitous. WoW already does an awful job with this as every level. Tackling rape is just so far out of scope from them.