Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I really don't think thats the case here, cause we just came off of very rough stuff a few years ago. And also.... this weird disney esque complaint just reeks of ignorance of WoW. There's plenty of dark stuff going on through the game recently.

Edit: Not directed at you Gielnik.
    What do you consider dark, is differnt for any one.

I cant recall anything that I would consider dark, Its pretty tame in general imo and I would argue the way wow looks starts to become more disney like with every expansion. Idk if its the artstyle or there general take, but I noticed in in bfa already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post

If someone is actually hurt by a short, side questline in a video game, then that person has bigger problems and should really seek help before playing games or watching any other media of entertaiment, honestly.
    More to the point, if someone is offended by something, let them voice it. Don’t get offended on their behalf or tell them that they should be offended.

I’m of a certain minority that is absolutely lampooned in WoW. But I find all that stuff great, no matter how many people on the forums tell me that it’s offensive. People I doubt have ever met someone from my culture in reality.

I hope Alexstrasza finds out about this and gives us a quest in which we have to kill Chromie tbh. Won't happen probably but one can hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    I hope Alexstrasza finds out about this and gives us a quest in which we have to kill Chromie tbh. Won't happen probably but one can hope!
    I wouldn't be opposed to killing chromie, but then another group of people will get triggered and demand changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    More to the point, if someone is offended by something, let them voice it. Don’t get offended on their behalf or tell them that they should be offended.

I’m of a certain minority that is absolutely lampooned in WoW. But I find all that stuff great, no matter how many people on the forums tell me that it’s offensive. People I doubt have ever met someone from my culture in reality.
    Some people like to act like martyrs on the internet, especially on twitter and speaking on other people behalf, but they just don't voice their opinion, they just outright demand stuff or changes.

I won't lose a minute of my sleep if this quest will be removed or not, but whole situation about that is just oof, because self entlitled and selfish people that self insert themselves too much into fantasy world are the issue here.

They're not the only victims that experienced some kind of abuse or some other cruelty, but you don't see everyone demanding changes in everything entertaiment media related, because they feel uncomfortable.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-06-16 at 12:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    She does get a reaction. She grits her teeth and obviously isn't happy about it, but recognizes the necessity of the Bronze Dragonflight's charge.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    In a normal world it wouldn't be cut, but people that have the line between a fiction and reality so blured, of course have to be butthurt about it.
    In a normal world this would have never have even made it onto the PTR after the lawsuit broke the team would be on this stuff internally before the public ever saw it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    In a normal world this would have never have even made it onto the PTR after the lawsuit broke the team would be on this stuff internally before the public ever saw it.
    Well, i will never agree with you on that.

There's no timeline were blizzard is gonna take the bad press on this. If it was an untested questline sure it would be up for a week or two before being disabled but given the noise around it already it's as good as gone as it should be.
    I'm sorry (well, not really) but the double standards on display here about this quest is so hilariously awful. So everyone is up in arms about a quest that involves us putting the timeline right by going back and ensuring the Dragon Soul is where it should be, so that Alexstrasza remains imprisoned, so that the Dragonmaw Orcs continue to use her to breed War Dragons, and ensure that eventually Ronin and crew rescue her is bad, because the "connotations" of what it means is unacceptable.

Yet meanwhile, in this very same expansion, just one tier back, we had a raid where the first boss we kill, Eranog, is revealed later on in that same raid to be the beloved son of Diurna, who we then kill, along with her entire clutch of eggs, because "She's a bad guy" and is standing between us and Raszageth. Then we also have Dathea, a Night Elf Mage who fights us alongside her brother in the previous encounter, who we also kill in front of her, causing her already frail sanity to snap, and go fleeing to Raszageth to empower her with so much elemental magic that is' going to literally rip her apart in a few minutes, making her last few moments total pain and agony as she tries to avenge her brother before her painful death - only to be again killed by us.

But let's go even earlier in the Ruby Life Pools. The literal first dungeon's first boss involves us fighting a Mage who forcibly hatches premature Dragon Whelps (who we've learned in earlier quests are basically children), forcing them to attack us, which we happily kill so that we can save the rest of Life Pools. I'm sure the Dragons that laid those eggs were totally understanding that we just killed their children instead of trying to stop Melidrussa from hatching them prematurely in the first place.

All of that gets a pass because, why? They're bad guys? Murder is a-okay? Baby Dragon killing is alright because they're not humanoid? This quest is no more upsetting than anything else we've had in Dragonflight, or any expansions passed, the only difference here is that the twitter mob has decided to latch onto this because it's easy to read a quest text and parade it around twitter, saying "Look! Look! SEE HOW EVIL BLIZZARD IS!" to the masses then it is to try to explain the context of Diurna, Eranog, and even Melidrussa.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    All of that gets a pass because, why?
    Because blizzard didn't get exposed for a having and covering up a culture of murdering peoples brothers sons or children, they didn't haver employees some of which are still there complicate in theses things, didn't have there CEO still saying theses thins didn't happen and it was just a labor movement making stuff up, and then didn't try to put in a questline where you take part in the same acts and say it's like cheese.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

acts and say it's like cheese.
    I don't like chromie, but you completely missed the point with the cheese and holes and Chromie as character being actually very awkward.

chromie doesn't mean it as a joke or some lighthearted stuff, it's just a part of the character, being awkward and sometimes saying stuff that doesn't sound completely perfect, but mean no harm either.

Because something happened IRL, it doesn't mean that they shouldn't bring some dark parts of WoW history, especially when it comes to the timelines and it being a fiction.

A lot of shit happen in real life, to people, animals, all kinds of shit - Shouldn't any movie, tv show, game touch harder hitting subjects that even are related to it's universe history?
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-06-16 at 01:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like chromie, but you completely missed the point with the cheese and holes and Chromie as character being actually very awkward.

chromie doesn't mean it as a joke or some lighthearted stuff, it's just a part of the character awkward and sometimes saying stuff that doesn't sound completely perfect, but mean no harm either.
    I didn’t miss the point at all I understand how chromie as a character works and that doesn’t make it any less inappropriate that some one at blizzard wrote this with there track record.

that doesn’t make it any less inappropriate that some one at blizzard wrote this with there track record.
    I applause the person that actually wanted to tell that story, despite of what happened IRL.

I guess we just won't see eye to eye on this, to me it feels like living in some weird safety bubble, honestly i should be triggered now by almost every company making movies, games, shows because most of them doesn't have near perfect track records and what they include in their storytelling, but to me it's still fiction and not reality.

Bladesyphon brought very good points, but you didn't even have any good* arguments for that.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-06-16 at 01:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I applause the person that actually wanted to tell that story, despite of what happened IRL.

I guess we just won't see eye to eye on this, to me it feels like living in some weird safety bubble, honestly i should be triggered now by almost every company making movies, games, shows because most of them doesn't have near perfect track records and what they include in their storytelling, but to me it's still fiction and not reality.

Bladesyphon brought very good points, but you didn't even have any good* arguments for that.
    Brining up none existent double standards is not a good point.

When blizzard is involved in covers up and partially still denies any of the stuff they listed and people don’t care when it’s still up in game you can come back and said points will have validity.

Those were better points than most your answers about this subject honestly.

Also a question - are you actually subscribed to WoW right now or play any other of their games, since blizzard is all this evil and involved with all these evil things?
    I think you shouldn't, because all you bring is talking about the company and IRL stuff that happened under their roof.

If you're that sensitive about the questline, shouldn't you even be touching anything that company creates now?
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-06-16 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

When blizzard is involved in covers up and partially still denies any of the stuff they listed and people don’t care when it’s still up in game you can come back and said points will have validity.
    So the solution is to let everything go completely unacknowledged?

Honestly, if we found this quest as "cut content" rather than on the PTR, I'm willing to bet a substantial amount of money that the exact same people that are in an uproar about it being implemented would create an uproar about Blizzard trying to pretend that victims of sexual violence don't exist by covering up Alexstrasza's treatment in the past by not allowing her reaction to be seen.

Erasure is not protection.

7+ Year Old Account
    Those were better points than most your answers about this subject honestly.

Also a question - are you actually subscribed to WoW right now or play any other of their games, since blizzard is all this evil and involved with all these evil things?
    I think you shouldn't, because all you bring is talking about the company and IRL stuff that happened under their roof.

If you're that sensitive about the questline, shouldn't you even be touching anything that company created now?
    Literally any thing would be a better point then a non existent double standard because again it doesn’t exist.

And If I thought blizzard was evil I wouldn’t be touching or talking about any of theses games, but you can go read through my posts I’ve never said such. It’s inappropriate and shouldn’t be in the game, but that’s about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    So the solution is to let everything go completely unacknowledged?

Honestly, if we found this quest as "cut content" rather than on the PTR, I'm willing to bet a substantial amount of money that the exact same people that are in an uproar about it being implemented would create an uproar about Blizzard trying to pretend that victims of sexual violence don't exist by covering up Alexstrasza's treatment in the past by not allowing her reaction to be seen.

Erasure is not protection.
    Nope.

I’ve already said in multiple post if they want to touch on it they should do it in a better way and even gave an example how.

So I can’t speak to the made up views of people who think sexual assault would never be addressed by blizzard because of a coverup.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2023-06-16 at 02:19 PM.

And If I thought blizzard was evil I wouldn’t be touching or talking about any of theses games, but you can go read through my posts I’ve never said such. It’s inappropriate and shouldn’t be in the game, but that’s about it.
    No, you didn't say outright blizzard is evil but mention all the time the lawsuits, how they treated people, SA and such and how because of that the whole questline is highly inappropriate and sensitive, but it still in a game made by a company that did all these things.

Like you don't want this in game because company did bad things, but you still play their game - shouldn't even playing this game be inappropriate in your world, since you're supporting this company?

It's like you're almost speaking about some high morals in your posts and stuff, how wrong it is to include it in the game because of what happened IRL, but to me it reeks of some kind of hypocrisy.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, you didn't say outright blizzard is evil but mention all the time the lawsuits, how they treated people, SA and such and how because of that the whole questline is highly inappropriate and sensitive, but it still in a game made by a company that did all these things.

Like you don't want this in game because company did bad things, but you still play their game - shouldn't even playing this game be inappropriate in your world, since you're supporting this company?

It's like you're almost speaking about some high morals in your posts and stuff, how wrong it is to include it in the game because of what happened IRL, but to me it reeks of some kind of hypocrisy.
    “Shrug” I can’t address opinions and morals you have projected onto me and I have never held, you made that stuff up so just make up what ever you want my response to be.

I think it’s inappropriate that a company that did X bad thing and was outed for it to put X bad things in there game, I have no problem with them putting Y other bad thing in there game because they didn’t partake in Y bad thing. That’s my only stated opinion on the matter any thing else you want to make up I can’t address.

“Shrug” I can’t address opinions and morals you have projected onto me and I have never held, you made that stuff up so just make up what ever you want my response to be.

I think it’s inappropriate that a company that did X bad thing and was outed for it to put X bad things in there game, I have no problem with them putting Y other bad thing in there game because they didn’t partake in Y bad thing. That’s my only stated opinion on the matter any thing else you want to make up I can’t address.
    I didn't projected or made up anything, it was literally the whole point you were trying to make by referencing IRL situations of why it shouldn't be included in the game.

You just change your "points" like gloves, the thing with chromie you were wrong too.

But to be honest this discussion will never come to an conclusion, let's just end it at - We don't agree at all with each other on that specific subject.
    Last edited by ImTheMizAwesome; 2023-06-16 at 02:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't projected anything, it was literally the whole point you were trying to make by refencing IRL situations of why it shouldn't be included in the game.

You just change your "points" like gloves, the thing with chromie you were wrong too.

But to be honest this discussion will never come to an conclusion, let's just end it at - We don't agree at all with each other on that specific subject.
    The whole point I was trying to make is that blizzard is evil and you shouldn’t play there games? Odd I don’t see those words in where in any of my post.

I have also surely been “changing my points like gloves” by staying consistent from the off set.

Truly what a shame it is to be so inconsistent that I consistently made the same point again and again.

Lol.